Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lek Kuen
Making a thread for it and others. So yeah hitting western shores early 2015 and japan in October.

Monster Hunter is likely my favorite capcom game outside of street fighter. And an exclusive I'm really glad Nintendo managed to get a hold of. (especially as monster hunter was known for really helping out psp sales)

I really love 3U and can't wait for 4

Zack Fair
I'll definitely be getting this and I'm glad it comes out next year. Good enough to help my wallet survived the coming onslaught, but not too far away.

Lek Kuen
Still should get 3 when you get a wii u.

Have something more hardcore to play online instead of just mario kart

Zack Fair
Not sure my wallet can afford another game lol. So far I'll be getting a Wii U, an extra controller/ps4 controller Mario Kart, Smash Bros and Hyrule Warriors. Not counting the planned upgrade for my PC over

Tzeentch
What do you do for a living, Zack? mmm

Bentley
This is a game I'm highly anticipating, if Capcom doesn't drop the ball and separates the US/European game servers it's going to be epic.

I'm still considerating whether or not I'll try to jump into one of the new weapon classes or leave it for later. I want to master hunting with a bow to focus on every gunner class, and that's going to take a bit of time to get used to.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Tzeentch
What do you do for a living, Zack? mmm I eat babies.

Tzeentch
I heard that doesn't pay well.

Lek Kuen
Originally posted by Bentley
This is a game I'm highly anticipating, if Capcom doesn't drop the ball and separates the US/European game servers it's going to be epic.

I'm still considerating whether or not I'll try to jump into one of the new weapon classes or leave it for later. I want to master hunting with a bow to focus on every gunner class, and that's going to take a bit of time to get used to.

Are they separate for 3U?

I'm more of a switch axe person myself

Bentley
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
Are they separate for 3U?

I'm more of a switch axe person myself

Nope, they are the same on 3U, which is one of the reasons I'm getting it when I buy my Wii U (I play on 3DS since a while ago).

That's one of the weapons I haven't tested, switching from power and speed sounds like a good way of adapting to different monsters though.

ScreamPaste
When I last played I was switching back and forth between Dual Sword, Bow, Switch Axe, Sword and Board, and Longsword, I think. mmm I think I mighta used Great Sword a fair bit, too.

Zack Fair
Shit now I can't wait. Heard lots of good things about these games.

Sacred 117
I've actually never touched this franchise, but all this talk makes me REALLY curious. mmm

Lek Kuen
Do you have a wii u or 3ds?

Sacred 117
Both, actually.

Lek Kuen
Then should get 3U. Wii u version if you want online play. I have both though since you can use the same save file for both, so mostly just have the wii u one for playing online with people.

Bentley
It's better to play the 3DS version with the Circle Pad Pro.

Lek Kuen
If you preferring playing on your 3ds, after you get a wii u you can still use it. As the 3ds game can use the Wii U's net to connect to wii u versions. Don't need to have the wii u version iirc

Lek Kuen
Samus in the game

MVvN5Yo7YRQ

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.