Gladiator vs Team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Insane Titan
Gladiator

Vs

Silver Surfer
Ronan the Accusser
Beta Ray Bill
Quasar

Who win?

Bentley
In my opinion team stomps absolutely.

In Thanos's opinion...

Seriously though, the joke has been going for long enough now, it's no longer funny.

Estacado
Originally posted by Bentley
In my opinion team stomps absolutely.

In Thanos's opinion...

Seriously though, the joke has been going for long enough now, it's no longer funny.
Its only been 2 days...biscuits

Prof. T.C McAbe
At once or one after the other. If they fight like they did 1 on 1. Glads beats BRB, then Ronan, then Quasar but SS could take him out with weakness exploration, else SS goes down too.

Al at once under Forum rules, they stomp.

carver9
If they fight like they fought Thanos then Gladiator has a chance. Hell, he would probably win since Gladiator would be backed by Warlock AND he was so dangerous that Thanos had to bfr him because he was afraid, the same person that defeated 2 of the annihilators 1 on 1. Gladiator wins.

Insane Titan
Proff or carver can go ahead and show feats that prove he could beat Bill or Surfer.

It's also funny how Carver claims I'm on ignore, yet he posts in my threads lol the cowards meltdown is ace.

Estacado
Bill would thrash Gladiator.

golem370
Any two of them could give him a fight imo

bbrem123
spite thread all day long.

The Sorrow
Glads beats them 1v1 imo but never all at once.

carver9
Originally posted by Estacado
Bill would thrash Gladiator.

laughing out loud

leonidas
lol one little wanky piece of dialogue and we have all this? priceless. glads' value is EXACTLY the same as it has always been. when the hell did one character's dialogue ever matter in regards to another character's power? laughing out loud if we judged power level based on what OTHERS said about a character, well, jonn would be dc's number one guy. that type of meaningless talk needs to be taken for what it's worth--a little cool factor, but absolutely nothing else.

Estacado
Carter is the only one who thinks Gladiator is mega powerful now.

carver9
Now? I always thought Gladiator was Mega powerful.

DarkSaint85
Carver is killing it in here thumb up

eaebiakuya
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Glads beats them 1v1 imo but never all at once.

Beat Surfer ?

Branlor Swift
Gladiator would have been put out cold from Ronan's cheap shot.

But people think he can beat Surfer now... It's not even funny. He also would lose to Beta anyway.

leonidas
thumb up there's that scan of where brb summons a huge storm and glads and the others are in literal awe of his power... can't find it though even though i've posted it in the past. sad

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by leonidas
thumb up there's that scan of where brb summons a huge storm and glads and the others are in literal awe of his power... can't find it though even though i've posted it in the past. sad

It was from Annihilators #2.

http://i.imgur.com/Dr1k0Cwl.jpg

Newjak
Bill and Surfer could beat Glads one on one and I would even give them the majority.

All together this is a stomp.

abhilegend
Surfer beat Kroaskis with Gladiator's powers+unipower.

erm

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by carver9
If they fight like they fought Thanos then Gladiator has a chance. Hell, he would probably win since Gladiator would be backed by Warlock AND he was so dangerous that Thanos had to bfr him because he was afraid, the same person that defeated 2 of the annihilators 1 on 1. Gladiator wins.

No little Carver, he was not afraid. STOP LYING, you are embarassing your family.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot

LOL, now spin the dialogue in this panel, Carver. Read it out loud and apply the same lying standard you applied earlier.

zopzop
Starlin has spoken! Gladiator wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!pray

On a serious note, I wish we could contact him via Twitter or something and asked him why Thanos treated Gladiator the way he did.

KuRuPT Thanosi
lol one little wanky piece of dialogue and we have all this? priceless. glads' value is EXACTLY the same as it has always been. when the hell did one character's dialogue ever matter in regards to another character's power? laughing out loud if we judged power level based on what OTHERS said about a character, well, jonn would be dc's number one guy. that type of meaningless talk needs to be taken for what it's worth--a little cool factor, but absolutely nothing else.

Couldn't agree more my friend... I'm not sure how one line and not getting his shit pushed in by thanos (but still losing via BFR) replaces 30 years of comic book history and getting tore a new ******* routinely. Just boggles my mind, but I guess they deserved something to cling onto

leonidas

lol yep, that's the one. thanks. thumb up

carver9
Originally posted by zopzop
Starlin has spoken! Gladiator wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!pray

On a serious note, I wish we could contact him via Twitter or something and asked him why Thanos treated Gladiator the way he did.

Question Zop and please provide a serious answer. What did you get from that scene with Gladiator and Thanos?

KuRuPT Thanosi
I get that Thanos beat him with a gesture.. what do you get from it?

Galan007
it's interesting to me that a random statement from thanos automatically makes gladiator a herald-wrecking team-buster. do statements supersede feats these days..?

carver9
Never said he could beat them together.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Galan007
it's interesting to me that a random statement from thanos automatically makes gladiator a herald-wrecking team-buster. do statements supersede feats these days..?

Only if you're Carver and it suits your argument.

carver9
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I get that Thanos beat him with a gesture.. what do you get from it?

You already know what I got from it.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-

Read above.

Insane Titan
it's interesting to me that a random statement from thanos automatically makes gladiator a herald-wrecking team-buster. do statements supersede feats these days..? seems that way, plus he can wreck Thanos now too

dial J for Josh

Yeah I loved that issue. It displayed great respect for BRB.

Galan007
feat-wise, gladiator is going to lose to surfer every single time. hell, i'd wager that bill also has glads beat in the feat department.

if you're a gladiator fan, thanos' comments are probably cool, i guess, but they're still only words. on panel feats>words. thumb up

bbrem123
on panel feats>words. thumb up

This is all that needs to be said

-Pr-
Read above.

I did. Doesn't make a difference.

dial J for Josh
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Gladiator

Vs

Silver Surfer
Ronan the Accusser
Beta Ray Bill
Quasar

Who win?

Insane I am disappointed in you making this spite thread. I have now conformed with the others and have come to terms that Gladiator is the greatest herald in all comics. He is so powerful that the mad titan Thanos trembled in fear and ran like a coward! So obviously he stomps the likes of BRB, Surfer, Quasar and Ronan. If you want to even give this team the slightest chance of getting a win atleast add Odin and Galactus to team annihilators. This will atleast even the odds against Gladiator. Galactus would be useless but Odin can atleast teleport Gladiator away, since he is the most dangerous, to buy the team a little time to escape before he gets back.

DarkSaint85

The best damn orgasm of your life?

Galan007
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
The best damn orgasm of your life? carv definitely needed a cigarette(and a new pair of shorts) after reading those 2 pages, that's for sure. thumb up

Insane Titan
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
Insane I am disappointed in you making this spite thread. I have now conformed with the others and have come to terms that Gladiator is the greatest herald in all comics. He is so powerful that the mad titan Thanos trembled in fear and ran like a coward! So obviously he stomps the likes of BRB, Surfer, Quasar and Ronan. If you want to even give this team the slightest chance of getting a win atleast add Odin and Galactus to team annihilators. This will atleast even the odds against Gladiator. Galactus would be useless but Odin can atleast teleport Gladiator away, since he is the most dangerous, to buy the team a little time to escape before he gets back. I know this is spite against the team, current Glads killed the Living Tribunal I heard.

carver9
I did. Doesn't make a difference.

laughing out loud

carver9

thumb up

This was suppose to be a secret.

mad

Blue Area Vet

A woody? Eeoww...

eaebiakuya

And after all he will say " and Hulk beat Gladiator..."

eaebiakuya
Surfer will beat Gladiator 1000/1000 if no PIS:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/114312/2146565-786079_2galactusthedevourer518no4_super.jpg

dial J for Josh
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
Surfer will beat Gladiator 1000/1000 if no PIS:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/114312/2146565-786079_2galactusthedevourer518no4_super.jpg

No he wouldn't! As you can see Surfer got on his board and flew off knowing deep down he could never stand up to the might of Gladiator. Context is irrelevant we should go strictly off of our interpretation.

carver9
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
No he wouldn't! As you can see Surfer got on his board and flew off knowing deep down he could never stand up to the might of Gladiator. Context is irrelevant we should go strictly off of our interpretation.

Did Surfer say he is the most dangerous being in the room and that he needs to fly away before Gladiator showed up? If not, then your point is irrelevant. Even at the portal he was rushing to get out of there. Open your eyes.

zopzop
Question Zop and please provide a serious answer. What did you get from that scene with Gladiator and Thanos?
IMHO, I understood the scan to mean that yes Thanos could have beaten Gladiator. BUT it was more trouble than it was worth so he BFRed him while he dealt with the "easier" members of the Annihilators. Thanos saw him as more of a threat than Quasar/BRB/Ronan. That's saying a lot.

Like I said, Starlin showed Glads some love.

dial J for Josh
Originally posted by zopzop
IMHO, I understood the scan to mean that yes Thanos could have beaten Gladiator. BUT it was more trouble than it was worth so he BFRed him while he dealt with the "easier" members of the Annihilators. Thanos saw him as more of a threat than Quasar/BRB/Ronan. That's saying a lot.

Like I said, Starlin showed Glads some love.

Zop has already stated this. I quoted him and agreed as well. Now that you have a humble honest opinion from Zop Carver. You can now be quiet and pack it up.

JayDaDon

Lol in the words of Patton Oswalt, he painted the walls and saw dead kings.

Delta1938
laughing out loud if we judged power level based on what OTHERS said about a character, well, jonn would be dc's number one guy.

Talking Pre-FLASHPOINT? Actually I think Superman has more of those statements, both clear and explicit and a bit ambiguous(like "one of the most powerful men in universes." Yeah, plural IIRC). And but yeah, Superman, unlike J'onn, generally backs it up.

I think people bring-up the lip service J'onn gets so much because A: well, there's a lot of Superman hate and they focus on that to put anybody they can over Superman, and B: it kinda has more of an impact when it's said about J'onn. Superman? Look at his feats and performances, only the biggest haters will say he's not, so statements like that you don't even blink. J'onn? "ZOMG!!! J'onn was said to be the most powerful man on Earth/in the JLA!!!" And then J'onn gets decapitated by Predator(to be fair, Predator clones made to have powers of the JLA members), owned off-panel in OWAW to the point we didn't see him for the whole series, one-shot by Olympian(who Aquaman two-shot, arguably one-shot), random No-Name Apokoliptian soldiers and freaking ICE.

Also, this reminds me of all the lip service Daxamites got for being stronger/more powerful than Superman for a while Post-CRISIS, but with few exceptions(I can only think of one, and that Daxamite was beating not just Superman, but another Daxamite and others) was it ever portrayed, even in comics where it was said they were superior to Superman. And not just that, but later on Daxamites didn't even get lip service, with Kyle Rayner calling them "Junior Supermen" and Superboy Prime calling Sodam Yat "Superman-Lite with a Power Ring." Yet, I've still seen people cling to Daxamites being more powerful, when they weren't even getting lip-service anymore.

carv definitely needed a cigarette(and a new pair of shorts) after reading those 2 pages, that's for sure. thumb up

And....confirmation? eek!

thumb up

This was suppose to be a secret.

mad

4pXfHLUlZf4

h1a8
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Gladiator

Vs

Silver Surfer
Ronan the Accusser
Beta Ray Bill
Quasar

Who win? surfer wins via his weakness.

Without that then he wins IF fighting them one at a time like Thanos did.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Delta1938
Talking Pre-FLASHPOINT? Actually I think Superman has more of those statements, both clear and explicit and a bit ambiguous(like "one of the most powerful men in universes." Yeah, plural IIRC). And but yeah, Superman, unlike J'onn, generally backs it up.

I think people bring-up the lip service J'onn gets so much because A: well, there's a lot of Superman hate and they focus on that to put anybody they can over Superman, and B: it kinda has more of an impact when it's said about J'onn. Superman? Look at his feats and performances, only the biggest haters will say he's not, so statements like that you don't even blink. J'onn? "ZOMG!!! J'onn was said to be the most powerful man on Earth/in the JLA!!!" And then J'onn gets decapitated by Predator(to be fair, Predator clones made to have powers of the JLA members), owned off-panel in OWAW to the point we didn't see him for the whole series, one-shot by Olympian(who Aquaman two-shot, arguably one-shot), random No-Name Apokoliptian soldiers and freaking ICE.

Also, this reminds me of all the lip service Daxamites got for being stronger/more powerful than Superman for a while Post-CRISIS, but with few exceptions(I can only think of one, and that Daxamite was beating not just Superman, but another Daxamite and others) was it ever portrayed, even in comics where it was said they were superior to Superman. And not just that, but later on Daxamites didn't even get lip service, with Kyle Rayner calling them "Junior Supermen" and Superboy Prime calling Sodam Yat "Superman-Lite with a Power Ring." Yet, I've still seen people cling to Daxamites being more powerful, when they weren't even getting lip-service anymore.

Pretty sure Leo was just talking about going off solely on isolated or one off statements since J'onn has had a few of those.

Why are we making a contest of lip service now?

h1a8
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
LOL, now spin the dialogue in this panel, Carver. Read it out loud and apply the same lying standard you applied earlier. the problem was that this feat had nothing to do with a fight. Gladiator was impressed with ability of the hammer to do things that are not fight related.
Thanos comments were specifically talking about a fight.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by h1a8
the problem was that this feat had nothing to do with a fight. Gladiator was impressed with ability of the hammer to do things that are not fight related.
Thanos comments were specifically talking about a fight.
Yeah, but Gladz and Surf are directly referring to the power BRB is able to wield.

h1a8
feat-wise, gladiator is going to lose to surfer every single time. hell, i'd wager that bill also has glads beat in the feat department.

if you're a gladiator fan, thanos' comments are probably cool, i guess, but they're still only words. on panel feats>words. thumb up I agree, Surfer would beat Gladiator in a forum fight as we has his weakness tuned. That's the problem with ABC logic, it doesn't always work. Sometimes a rock-paper-scissors effect is what's going on.

With that said, going by feats Gladiator will stomp Bill in the mud easily. He's just too fast and mobile, and his strength is something to reckon with.

h1a8
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Yeah, but Gladz and Surf are directly referring to the power BRB is able to wield. which is irrelevant if it can't produce wins in a fight. So the showing can't be compared to the Thanos one. But it was impressive nonetheless.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by h1a8
which is irrelevant if it can't produce wins in a fight. So the showing can't be compared to the Thanos one. But it was impressive nonetheless.
Sure it is.. Through Gladz words, he basically felt like an ant since he made it seem like BRB was much higher than him on the food chain. Do I believe he is? Of course not, but again it's just lip service.

carver9
Sure it is.. Through Gladz words, he basically felt like an ant since he made it seem like BRB was much higher than him on the food chain. Do I believe he is? Of course not, but again it's just lip service.

Being surprised by someone's power vs running from someone because they are too dangerous are two different things. One is a compliment and the other is fear.

Delta1938
Pretty sure Leo was just talking about going off solely on isolated or one off statements since J'onn has had a few of those.

Why are we making a contest of lip service now?

No, Leo said if we judged power levels by statements then Martian Manhunter would be #1 at DC. I pointed-out I'm reasonably sure Superman actually has more statements that he's #1 than J'onn, but J'onn probably is #2 there.

And I wasn't making it a contest of lip-service. I actually agree with his point about statements can contradict showings, but correcting him(far as I can tell) as I've seen more claims to #1 for Superman than I've seen for J'onn. Then I went on about a couple reasons I think why people make such a big deal about J'onn's lip service, some examples of him not living up to the hype, and pointed-out a similar thing with Daxamites, except I've seen people continuing championing Daxamite lip service even after they stopped getting it and were being said to be <Kryptonians.

celeyhyga17
Being surprised by someone's power vs running from someone because they are too dangerous are two different things. One is a compliment and the other is fear.
You're missing the point of his statement. Dude was humbled and felt about just as big as an ant in comparison to BRB..

One-Punch
^ You're talking to a guy who thought Thanos was afraid of Hulk because he ordered his general to take Hulk out, which Proxima did in one-shot. Then later tried to claim Proxima is more dangerous than Thanos. laughing out loud

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Delta1938
No, Leo said if we judged power levels by statements then Martian Manhunter would be #1 at DC. I pointed-out I'm reasonably sure Superman actually has more statements that he's #1 than J'onn, but J'onn probably is #2 there.

And I wasn't making it a contest of lip-service. I actually agree with his point about statements can contradict showings, but correcting him(far as I can tell) as I've seen more claims to #1 for Superman than I've seen for J'onn. Then I went on about a couple reasons I think why people make such a big deal about J'onn's lip service, some examples of him not living up to the hype, and pointed-out a similar thing with Daxamites, except I've seen people continuing championing Daxamite lip service even after they stopped getting it and were being said to be <Kryptonians.
Well I can't speak for Leo, but I highly doubt that even he believes that J'onn has had more lip service than Clark when it comes to statements of power or being the most powerful guy around. It would simply be a retarded notion since we all know who is DC's top dawg comicswise.

Which brings me back to my original point. Pretty sure he was just making an example from isolated and one off statements... That's why I didn't see the need for someone to make a contest of lip service between the two.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by One-Punch
^ You're talking to a guy who thought Thanos was afraid of Hulk because he ordered his general to take Hulk out, which Proxima did in one-shot. Then later tried to claim Proxima is more dangerous than Thanos. laughing out loud
Oh no. Did he really do that?

carver9
Originally posted by One-Punch

Stop lying on me. And it would have been preferable if Thanos fought Hulk himself. Stop getting off topic. Hulk isn't in this thread.

h1a8
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
At once or one after the other. If they fight like they did 1 on 1. Glads beats BRB, then Ronan, then Quasar but SS could take him out with weakness exploration, else SS goes down too.

Al at once under Forum rules, they stomp. thumb up

Not to mention that warlock took out Surfer and quasar.

"Thanos was shown stomping the annihilators" is a hilarious comment.

carver9
You're missing the point of his statement. Dude was humbled and felt about just as big as an ant in comparison to BRB..

Didn't see that from Gladiator and Surfers comment. Looked more surprised than anything.

Delta1938
Well I can't speak for Leo, but I highly doubt that even he believes that J'onn has had more lip service than Clark when it comes to statements of power or being the most powerful guy around. It would simply be a retarded notion since we all know who is DC's top dawg comicswise.

Which brings me back to my original point. Pretty sure he was just making an example from isolated and one off statements... That's why I didn't see the need for someone to make a contest of lip service between the two.

The way he wrote it made me think he was thinking of a bunch. I have seen more than "an isolated statement." Some though are out of context, but there's a number of these statements. And it's not uncommon for him to not live up to it under the same writer.

And like I said, I simply pointed-out Superman has more because the way he worded the statement seemed to be him arguing J'onn has more lip service. Doesn't make sense to me he'd argue showings not living-up to statements of being the most powerful with J'onn if he thought Superman had the majority of them.

-Pr-
Okay, closing this shortly. I think carver's been tortured enough.

carver9
Lol...Pr, you know as well as I do that I don't care about stuff like that.

Delta1938

No you don't. sneer

dial J for Josh

Damn.

Also Carver you asked for Zops opinion, he gave you an opinion you didn't want to hear and you didn't respond back to him I see.... And why in the hell would you want to see Hulk fight Thanos? He couldn't even beat Sun God.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.