Die hard 6

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
It's in pre-production, so it seems like it's happening, think this one is meant to be the last cause I think Bruce Willis has said he'll do a 6th one and none after that

Kazenji
As long as it has a longer screentime then the last one.

steverules_2
As long as it's not as bad as the last one either, it was horrendous

Lestov16
I'm on the edge. I love action films, but based on the latest DH, and the fact that Bruce is very very clearly more interested in the paycheck than the quality of his films (got him kicked off the Expendables), at the very best I will reserve judgement for opening day reviews.

riv6672
I have to agree. The last DH was...tolerable, if only because i'm a huge fan.
If not Willis, then hopefully the writer/director will want to go out on a high note.

Robtard
McClane's going to kick everyone's ass again.

jinXed by JaNx
The last one not killed my interest in the series but also tarnished the McClane character for me.

fostersAccount
I'd have cast jeremy renner as his son in the last one.
And not have them fall 100 ft without getting hurt.

jinXed by JaNx
yeah and better action and a good story, as well ;-)

Kazenji
Its a possible go with Wiseman & Di Bonaventura

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2015/10/14/die-hard-6-possible-a-go-with-wiseman-di-bonaventura/

marwash22
i enjoyed the one with the hackers.

Impediment
Should have ended with Die Hard 3, IMO.

BruceSkywalker
I will see

Originally posted by Impediment
Should have ended with Die Hard 3, IMO.

you know you will there opening night big grin

quanchi112
This series is pathetic at this point but people like Robbie keep eating it up. This shows how bad Robbie's opinion is that he wa to ancient Bruce to continue this waning franchise.

Ascendancy
Should have ended with Live Free, which was far better than what I was expecting. This last one was utter garbage. Won't be seeing 6 in theaters either. Bruce's acting has gone to crap. As said above, he shows up for the check and that's about it. I'll cherish the memories of when McClane truly was a bad ass worthy of the celluloid.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, 5 was horrendous indeed.

But let's give them one more chance to redeem themselves. Afterall, isn't this one supposed to connect to the events at the Nakatomi building from Die Hard 1 somehow?

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Afterall, isn't this one supposed to connect to the events at the Nakatomi building from Die Hard 1 somehow?

3 aready did that with Gruber's brother seeking revenge.
Why bother reconnecting with that plot again?

Personally I hate convoluted plots where, for some far fetched reason, everyone is ridiculously connected to each other.

Kazenji

But let's give them one more chance to redeem themselves. Afterall, isn't this one supposed to connect to the events at the Nakatomi building from Die Hard 1 somehow?

First i've heard about that

that link that i posted seems to hint at using the story Die Hard Year One.

Patient_Leech
Just thought i remembered hearing that it would somehow be connected to Nakatomi and might even be set in Japan. I guess I could have totally made it up, I dunno. But if this is the last film, it would make sense, kind of bring it around full circle.

Robtard
Originally posted by quanchi112
This series is pathetic at this point but people like Robbie keep eating it up. This shows how bad Robbie's opinion is that he wa to ancient Bruce to continue this waning franchise.

Clam down and speak probably, please. Your 'McRage' is making you rant incoherently again.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
Clam down and speak probably, please. Your 'McRage' is making you rant incoherently again. The franchise is practically unwatchable and you cheer it on. That means you endorsed part five. Ewwww.

Robtard
DH5 wasn't very good at all, I said so in the DH5 thread. You never watched it though, so just stop talking.

quanchi112
DH5 wasn't very good at all, I said so in the DH5 thread. You never watched it though, so just stop talking. I watched it and I'm ashamed I did. It was awful. Mcclane sucks.

steverules_2
It's not a movie thread unless you have quan/rob argument

Patient_Leech
^ lmao laughing

They need to have their own designated thread so they can butt-fu#k each other without the rest of us having to sift through it. The Rob-Quan Butt-Fu#k Thread.

Robtard
Calm down.

Esau Cairn
. I guess I could have totally made it up, I dunno. But if this is the last film, it would make sense, kind of bring it around full circle.

I honestly don't think it's a film that needs to come full circle.

The gimmick of the franchise was always being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Patient_Leech
Calm down.

Thank you, Zen Master.

Esau Cairn
This movie needs John Wick in it too.

jinXed by JaNx
I never thought that i'd be dreading a Die Hard movie.

Dude111
I only saw bits and pieces and I couldnt agree more!!

Kazenji
Bruce Willis talks about Die Hard: Year One

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/bruce-willis-has-some-thoughts-on-die-hard-year-one-167

wonder if they're actually going to use the Comic book of the same name or just be doing their own thing.

Kazenji
Bruce Willis's appearance will be more then a cameo for Year One

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/bruce-willis-appearance-in-die-hard-year-one-will-be-more-than-a-cameo-935

Esau Cairn
A prequel/sequel hybrid?

So basically a movie with a lot of flashbacks.

queeq
OMG... does no one remember DH5?

Kazenji
Originally posted by queeq
OMG... does no one remember DH5?

And?

possibly they're doing another one to get some quality back into the movies after that last one.

queeq
Without Bruce?

I dunno. DH2 wasn't great. DH3 was a lot better again. DH4 was inventive, but not super. DH5 was crap. It's a meandering franchise with a superb first movie. Making more doesn't up the quality, I think.

Kazenji
It all comes back to the people behind the scenes.

queeq
True. But deciding to make another comes from suits upstairs.

Esau Cairn
If Bruce turned down the last Expandables because Sly wouldn't give him the paycheque he wanted....I wonder if he's getting it for this instalment?

Surtur
If I'm being honest the last Die Hard I enjoyed was the 3rd one.

jinXed by JaNx
yeah, i agree. There are some things i enjoy about 4 but i will never go out of my way to watch it. I felt that 3 was almost as good as the first movie.

However, at this point it's apparent that this franchise has been nothing but a paycheck for everyone involved and i dont expect this one to be anything different.

queeq
Me neither.

Kazenji
Over at Joblo.com they did a thing for CAST THIS and it was for a young John McClane

seems they narrowed it down to 1. Jensen Ackles 2. Aaron Paul 3. Taron Egerton.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Kazenji
Over at Joblo.com they did a thing for CAST THIS and it was for a young John McClane

seems they narrowed it down to 1. Jensen Ackles 2. Aaron Paul 3. Taron Egerton.

No no and NO. Just make a new action/adventure cop movie. if the script and action is good enough it won't matter if it has anything to do with die hard. Making a new action adventure movie with the John mcclane name involved without having John mcclane is because you're trying to make money off of namesake

Robtard
Jokes aside, doing a 6th film is a bad idea, rebooting and doing McClane's early years is idiotic.

Kazenji
Jokes aside, doing a 6th film is a bad idea, rebooting and doing McClane's early years is idiotic.

Well guess what....that's what they're going for

currently looking for an actor for young John McClane

http://screenrant.com/die-hard-6-year-one-john-mcclane-cast/

marwash22
^ Nicholas Hoult

Patient_Leech
Oh, fu#k! Len Wiseman is directing again?? I hate Live Free or Die Hard. I fu#king hate that movie. It just didn't feel like Die Hard. It felt like a generic action/thriller with stupid action. Wiseman is great with a fantasyland like Underworld, but he is wrong for Die Hard. Fu#k.

Esau Cairn

I'd rather go with the bad idea of doing a 6th film than focusing on McClane's earlier years.

I mean the popularity of the 1st Die Hard was an average person (cop) being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
From under-dog to hero is what resonated most with the audience.

To portray his younger years as action-packed kills the uniqueness of the 1st film.

Kazenji
Well they've already done his younger years in a comic called 'Die Hard: Year One' and it got a good reception from people.

Kazenji
The Conjuring Duo to do some rewrites on the scripts

https://screenrant.com/die-hard-6-script-rewrite-chad-carey-hayes/

Patient_Leech
Ah shit, I was hoping this film would just remain in development hell for eternity. Oh well.

steverules_2
I guess you could say that you were hoping it would DIE HARD awesome

Patient_Leech
Yes!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.