Current versions: Aquaman/Namor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Hard to believe no one's done this today.

Fight:
takes place on the beach.
No prep.
No BFR.

OnslaughtKILLS
Namor wins 10/10

Blue Area Vet
Namor always stomps tight shirt.

deathslash
Arthur stabs him to death

Supermex
Namor wins

But fight is closer now than in the past..

riv6672
I could swear they'd be even since AMs New52 showings.
Namor has flight, and a strength edge, AM has jumps, marine life push, carries a weapon...

Supermex
Originally posted by riv6672
Namor has flight, and a strength edge, AM has jumps, marine life push, carries a weapon...

I think Aquaman is one of the few who have benefited from the whole 52 shabang.. Gap is closer now then before I believe.

riv6672
Aquaman's made out like a bandit, yeah.

Stoic

Namor did have that spear of his in his last showing against that ersatz Martian Manhunter. All the same I think it would be a split with a very slight edge to Aquaman.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Stoic
Namor did have that spear of his in his last showing against that ersatz Martian Manhunter. All the same I think it would be a split with a very slight edge to Aquaman.

Namor also has a magical trident which he doesnt have to break out often because he is already a beast. Surprised to hear you give an edge to AM. No idea what that would be based on.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Supermex
But fight is closer now than in the past.. Aquaman might have gotten stronger but he lost a lot of TP capabilities from older versions

riv6672
TP as in...?
I know he can now push animals he wasnt able to before, reptiles, amphibians, some mammals.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by psycho gundam
Aquaman might have gotten stronger but he lost a lot of TP capabilities from older versions

And Namor has very strong TP resistance.

Supermutant
So AM get trident and Namor doesn't? If that's the case AM wins.

riv6672
So TPs off the table, then.
Dont think thats too big a deal.

Khazra Reborn
Aquaman pushes Namor's shit in.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Supermex
Namor wins

But fight is closer now than in the past..

Overall, Aquaman was more formidable, because of his TP. With his TP he would beat Namor.

Supermex
I Dont this he can tp Namor

Namor wins in a good fight

Khazra Reborn
What has Namor done in the last 10 years that warrants him getting any wins over current Aquaman? Last I checked Namor's pay grade has been lowered to Luke Cage and Black Panther.

riv6672
You should brush up on Namor, then.
And really, a better way to look at it would be what has Aquaman done. HIS stock has risen NAMOR level since DC relaunched.

Supermex
And really, a better way to look at it would be what has Aquaman done. HIS stock has risen NAMOR level since DC relaunched.

Agree

riv6672
I have nothing but love for both characters; i'm glad to see them on more even, high level terms.

Golgo13
Aquaman guts him with his trident.

shadowknight
Too close to call, depending on what powers are used I can see an argument made for 6/10 either way.

riv6672
Yeah, i'm more than happy to call this as even.
I only started it because of a couple of active threads today. I appreciate the responses, which were fairly down the middle!

deathlife
Namor for a slight edge.

This could change though because DC is really playing up Arthur's raw strength.

Khazra Reborn

Well, then what has Namor done? Everything I've seen from him has been pretty arse, where as Aquaman has been on a consistent high note for the last 3 years.

riv6672
Thats not you brushing up, thats you wanting me to do the research for you.stick out tongue

Khazra Reborn
You don't have to post scans or anything. Just rattle off a few high feats.

Imperious sex doesn't count. wink

Branlor Swift
Namor killed the Martian Manhunter clone who can obviously hold off an Earth dwarfing machine.

riv6672
I was actually going to post a few things i just found, but really? You seem kind of a smart ass.
Do some research, then come back with some comparisons. Namor over the last 10 years as opposed to Aquaman since the relaunch.
I'll keep an open mind.

8swords
AM takes this, nu 52 that is, if anyone disagrees I will pull out the PR signal on your A$$3$, laughing out loud

BlackWind
Aquaman wins but not anything resembling easily.

Namor has been pretty unimpressive lately.

DarkSaint85
Split.

Supermex
Namor edges Aquaman out

Bentley
Aquaman is too much for him.

Khazra Reborn
I was actually going to post a few things i just found, but really? You seem kind of a smart ass.
Do some research, then come back with some comparisons. Namor over the last 10 years as opposed to Aquaman since the relaunch.
I'll keep an open mind.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in these debate doesn't one have to support the character they're in favor of? Why is it now my job to provide your argument?

Delta1938
TP as in...?
I know he can now push animals he wasnt able to before, reptiles, amphibians, some mammals.
Pre-FLASHPOINT Aquaman had telepathically effected birds, amphibians(I think), and people to varying degrees, for different reasons(different interpretations for how his telepathy worked). He owned a white Martians by telepathically giving him a seizure under Morrison.

-K-M-
Pre 52 aquaman has also controlled super powered humans (vixen and commander steel), made a Millennium Giant do as he asked, communicated with aliens, etc. I'll post some scans when I'm off work

Delta1938
Originally posted by -K-M-
Pre 52 aquaman has also controlled super powered humans (vixen and commander steel), made a Millennium Giant do as he asked, communicated with aliens, etc. I'll post some scans when I'm off work

(facepalm) How the **** did I forget the Millennium Giant one?

Zack Fair
Namor for a solid 7/10

DarkSaint85
Also, Starro.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Delta1938
(facepalm) How the **** did I forget the Millennium Giant one?

Because you're not me. Muhahahaha

Delta1938
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Also, Starro.

Unless you're talking something else, I remember him not doing much else than entering Starro's mind.....before getting overwhelmed(or nearly so) by it's vastness. Then Orion hurts Starro from orbit. It's unclear if Aquaman actually got hit, but if so, probably his greatest durability feat that I don't think gets mentioned. Surviving and being conscious from a comparatively point-blank blast from Starro that KOed Orion in orbit.

DarkSaint85
Was more that he could telepathically enter a giant alien mind, whereas DCnU Aquaman hasn't.

Delta1938
Was more that he could telepathically enter a giant alien mind, whereas DCnU Aquaman hasn't.

In that storyline, I got the impression Starro's mind was simple, but vast, so it didn't surprise me AM could enter it telepathically.

carver9
Could go either way.

riv6672
Succinct, Carver.thumb up

namorsubby
But no wait in the crossover aquaman dropped a killer whale on him....a killer whale.

Namor ftw.

riv6672
Whole different Aquaman AND a stunt whale.stick out tongue

namorsubby
Less tp capable AQ who is maybe around the same strength barring his higher end strength feats of pre DCnU.

riv6672
You dont have to try and convince me.
Either guy could get the win and i wouldnt be upset.

namorsubby
I would. Lol I have all 4 issues of that crossover and I must say I was sorely displeased.

riv6672
Like i said, different Aquaman.
If all you're going on is Marvel Vs DC, well...yeah thats not a lot to go on.

Delta1938
Like i said, different Aquaman.
If all you're going on is Marvel Vs DC, well...yeah thats not a lot to go on.

It showed us he's faster and more agile underwater than Namor. shifty

riv6672
It showed us Wolverine can beat Lobo.
The writers did their best with fan decided outcomes, and there are some good lines/scenes in the book but really, its mostly a crap story.

namorsubby
It showed us he's faster and more agile underwater than Namor. shifty

it only proved what everyone already knew, that Aquaman would get more votes.

riv6672
I was actually surprised by that.

Philosophía
Aquaman, after stopping the 'Atlantis destroying Trident', shot out of the Namor ballpark.

The current version'd straight up overpower Namor with superior strength and speed.

riv6672
I really dont see AM being stronger than Namor.
Namor's gone up against the MUs heaviest hitters since day one. AM is just catching up.

Golgo13
Aquaman has also gone up against some of the toughest. He stalemated Franky for a bit in Trinity War and one shotted Hawkman.

Delta1938
It showed us Wolverine can beat Lobo.
The writers did their best with fan decided outcomes, and there are some good lines/scenes in the book but really, its mostly a crap story.

Originally posted by namorsubby
it only proved what everyone already knew, that Aquaman would get more votes.

I was actually surprised by that.

Not all of the fights were voted. Aquaman/Namor was not voted on.

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Voting.jpg

-Pr-
TP as in...?

Huh?

Aquaman's telepathy was far superior before the reboot.

Estacado
After Namor fight with Thing,Cage and Bp.
I say AM.biscuits

riv6672
Originally posted by Golgo13
Aquaman has also gone up against some of the toughest. He stalemated Franky for a bit in Trinity War and one shotted Hawkman.
See? He's catching up.

DarkSaint85
Lol. Hawkman being 'toughest'.

riv6672
Okay, you only get to make fun of ONE of my fave heroes per thread. Its in the rules.

Delta1938
Okay, you only get to make fun of ONE of my fave heroes per thread. Its in the rules.

Tell me several of your favorites. So I can.....praise them. shifty

riv6672
That sounded vaguely...sexual. I like it!

Delta1938
That sounded vaguely...sexual. I like it!

http://www.troll.me/images/emo-leatherface/oh-yeah-so-does-your-mom.jpg

riv6672
Ha, she most likely would! Or likey wood. Either way...stick out tongue

Delta1938
Ha, she most likely would! Or likey wood. Either way...stick out tongue

I actually laughed at that pun. Considering my hatred of puns, you've accomplished an amazing feat.

riv6672
Sweet...thumb up smile

CadenceV2
Doesnt current New 52 Aquaman have continent busting resistance feats?

Golgo13
Lol. Hawkman being 'toughest'.

Hehehe, I didn't mean Hawkman was the toughest, just that it was a good feat by itself.

riv6672
It IS.

Golgo13
Aquaman has been consistently good even before the reboot. I'd peg him over Namor, if you consider all his abilities. And when the Pimp, I mean water hand comes into play, it's a stomp.

riv6672
I know AMs always been good; i've been saying it for years. Fans are are just now realizing it.
And of course there's no water hand anymore...

Delta1938
I know AMs always been good; i've been saying it for years. Fans are are just now realizing it.
And of course there's no water hand anymore...

SUPER FRIENDS. I blame that.

riv6672
That show was ahead of its time.
Cyborg was in the League in the show well before the New52!

Delta1938
That show was ahead of its time.
Cyborg was in the League in the show well before the New52!

They needed a more popular Token Black Guy than Black Vulcan. Who was pretty cool despite being a generic rip-off of Black Lightning.

Also, I think Cyborg was a member Pre-FLASHPOINT. Not positive.

riv6672
Not positive...
You saying all token black guys look alike to you?
I see.

Delta1938
Not positive...
You saying all token black guys look alike to you?
I see.

Apache Chief, Samurai, El Dorado, Black Vulcan, they all looked the same in the face, just different hair styles, costumes and skin tones. Deal with it. sneer

Delta1938
hahah I just realized you might have misunderstood my "not positive."

riv6672
Oh i understood it fine.

Delta1938
Oh i understood it fine.

miffed Then what did I mean?

Blue Area Vet
SUPER FRIENDS. I blame that.

No, superfriends nailed him. When Namor was brawling with Hulk, Arthur was straddling giant seahorses.

riv6672
Ha, thats not as easy as it looks!

abhilegend

krisblaze

Philosophía
Originally posted by abhilegend
Scans please.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111124701/3561336-aquaman+%2324+-+page+10.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111124701/3561337-aquaman+%2324+-+page+15.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111124701/3561338-aquaman+%2324+-+page+16.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111124701/3561339-aquaman+%2324+-+page+17.jpg

---

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111124701/3561352-aquaman+%2325+-+page+13.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111124701/3561353-aquaman+%2325+-+page+14.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111124701/3561354-aquaman+%2325+-+page+15.jpg

Originally posted by krisblaze
^ This.

pre-boot aquaman had many, many highs and lows, but DCNU's consistently been portrayed at a level that's out of Namor's league. thumb up

riv6672
Great scans!

abhilegend

Philosophía
Great googly moogly!!

Arthur is a beast!! Yeah, I've been saying ever since Flashpoint happened - he's going to be portrayed as a potential rival to Wonder Woman in the new 52.

-Pr-

riv6672

namorsubby
^ This.

pre-boot aquaman had many, many highs and lows, but DCNU's consistently been portrayed at a level that's out of Namor's league. I don't really think so at all honestly. I haven't read every AQ appearance post flashpoint, but I kept up with his solo for some time. I didn't see anything to suggest he was stronger, faster, or more durable. Bullets made him bleed. Iirc he kinda scuffled with superman in that jla arc involving Atlantis but still.

-Pr-
I don't really think so at all honestly. I haven't read every AQ appearance post flashpoint, but I kept up with his solo for some time. I didn't see anything to suggest he was stronger, faster, or more durable. Bullets made him bleed. Iirc he kinda scuffled with superman in that jla arc involving Atlantis but still.

he's had far more consistent showings of strength and durability since the reboot. that's primarily because they focus on his physical side more than his telepathy side, which pre-flashpoint, was considered his primary weapon.

Johns flipped that, and sure, while PreFP Aquaman does have some nice feats of strength and durability, the upper ones aren't nearly as numerous as the ones he's had in the last 2 or so years.

krisblaze
I don't really think so at all honestly. I haven't read every AQ appearance post flashpoint, but I kept up with his solo for some time. I didn't see anything to suggest he was stronger, faster, or more durable. Bullets made him bleed. Iirc he kinda scuffled with superman in that jla arc involving Atlantis but still.

The bullet-thing was bad, but I just chalk it up to writer mistake or something as it was a once-time occurance.

He's consistently taken hits from people like Wonder Woman. If bullets are strong enough to pierce his skin, then a punch from her would cause his entire body to rupture and fall apart.

Supermutant
He has a durability feat where a huge monster step on him, and Aquaman was immediately on his feet and fine.

Strength feats of stalemating Frankenstein in a test of strength, being on par with Wonder Woman strength wise, restraining and choking Cheetah with one hand while underwater, towing a huge ship away from a storm with one arm, lifting up a cruise ship.

There also been times where he has tanked bullets, and he healed quickly after being impaled by multiple ice spikes.

namorsubby
I've always thought Aquaman was under rated, much like guys marvel counterpart. I haven't even read a recent AQ appearance post flashpoint or anything dc except batman. I've never thought he was that far behind Namor physically, even pre flashpoint. He had many impressive showings even then.

-Pr-
The bullet-thing was bad, but I just chalk it up to writer mistake or something as it was a once-time occurance.

He's consistently taken hits from people like Wonder Woman. If bullets are strong enough to pierce his skin, then a punch from her would cause his entire body to rupture and fall apart.

Originally posted by Supermutant
He has a durability feat where a huge monster step on him, and Aquaman was immediately on his feet and fine.

Strength feats of stalemating Frankenstein in a test of strength, being on par with Wonder Woman strength wise, restraining and choking Cheetah with one hand while underwater, towing a huge ship away from a storm with one arm, lifting up a cruise ship.

There also been times where he has tanked bullets, and he healed quickly after being impaled by multiple ice spikes.

He's like Wonder Woman or Thor at times: Pointy hurt, blunt no hurt.

Since the reboot, it's important to remember that when it comes to bullets, they might be strong enough to nick his skin, but they do flatten, so they are hitting his muscles, which in themselves seem to be bullet-proof. That, or another layer of his skin.

He's taken multiple hits from AK rifles and all they did was piss him off.

BlackWind
Great googly moogly!!

Arthur is a beast!!

I seem to remember some big, yellow thing saying that.

riv6672
Originally posted by -Pr-
He's like Wonder Woman or Thor at times: Pointy hurt, blunt no hurt.

Since the reboot, it's important to remember that when it comes to bullets, they might be strong enough to nick his skin, but they do flatten, so they are hitting his muscles, which in themselves seem to be bullet-proof. That, or another layer of his skin.

He's taken multiple hits from AK rifles and all they did was piss him off.
Nice.
Somecate overlooking this.

riv6672
Neither character wins without any trouble.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.