Uncharted 4

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Firefly218
It will be a lighthearted romp

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/08/04/naughty-dog-uncharted-4-will-be-a-light-hearted-romp

Excited?

Arachnid1
Hell yes, I loved all the others. The second one is in my top 5 favorite games of all time (it may have gotten bumped by Last of Us though, I'm not sure).

Also: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=587526

Smasandian
The second one is great. Before having kids and not having the ability to play a game all day, Uncharted 2 was one of those games I played non-stop for two days to beat it. Fantastic game. The only thing I didn't quite like was the last level and the enemy types being ****ing difficult to kill.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Hell yes, I loved all the others. The second one is in my top 5 favorite games of all time (it may have gotten bumped by Last of Us though, I'm not sure).

Also: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=587526

Woops, my bad

Zack Fair
I'm all in. I will always remain salty over missing Uncharted 2 and 3 because of a broken PS3.

Naughty Dog is top dog, man.

Kazenji
I want them to do another Jak game with what they've learnt from doing the other Uncharted's & Last Of Us.

Demonic Phoenix
Ow2cL-pp6p8

Smasandian
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I'm all in. I will always remain salty over missing Uncharted 2 and 3 because of a broken PS3.

Naughty Dog is top dog, man.

Yeah, they are. I loved Uncharted 2. It was a perfect example of creating immersive worlds/atmosphere, excellent gameplay mechanics, a enjoyable story and fan****ingtastic set pieces. I bought the first Uncharted and enjoyed it but had no interest in getting the second until I heard amazing reviews. It was awesome. One of those games where I lost track of time and spent two days playing it constantly without many interruptions.

That doesn't happen anymore because I have two kids and a career but it was damn fun. The only thing I didn't like was the last mission or so and how the difficulty ramped up way to much and had very annoying enemies types.

Uncharted 3 wasn't as good and was a let down but I have a feeling if I went back, I would enjoy it more. I think I had too many high expectations with that game.

Naughty Dog and MLB The Show are probably the only reason I'm getting a PS4.

Estacado
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Ow2cL-pp6p8
This looks phuckin amazing!!!
The graphics ,movement ,fighting coreography.
They look so fluid.
Im very impressed!

Samdayg
It looks really mediocre. Uncharted has never really added any new mechanics to the gameplay between any of the games, they finally added a new mechanic with the grappling hook but it looks like Uncharted 3 with a new coat of paint.

Smasandian
Yeah, I wasn't super impressed with the video either. They might of chosen the wrong section to promote.

The knife looked cool but it felt just an extra thing to make the traversal sections more involved and less hand holding.

I don't know....it looked like Uncharted....will updated graphics make more of a difference...not sure. Naughty Dog does deserve some respect at least so maybe they have done something interesting but haven't shown it yet. It's still a year away.

Demonic Phoenix
Keep in mind that Uncharted 2 was nearly the same as Uncharted 1 purely in terms of gameplay mechanics. Yet Uncharted 2 was supposedly a vastly superior gaming experience due to a variety of other factors.

Smasandian
Yes, that is true but like second sequels, there's room to grow.

But this is the fourth game, something needs to change.

Smasandian
So, Uncharted 4 was pushed back to Spring 2016.

I guess something big was wrong with the game if Sony let Naughty Dog push the game after Christmas. Is their any major titles Sony has coming out in the Winter?

Kazenji
The macguffin for this will be the pirate Henry Avery who operated out of Madagascar, He's a known pirate just not as well known as compared to the likes of Blackbeard.

Demonic Phoenix
zL46dpNEPPA

Kazenji
Uncharted 4 Nolan North's says Months Of Work Was Thrown Out when Naughty Dog changed the creative leads on the game, The scrapped work came from the script and ideas of former Naughty Dog creative director Amy Hennig

starts around the 18 minute mark

YHWChn7AvoQ

Jmanghan
Extended demo.

watch?v=pumJtpbvCc0

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Extended demo.

watch?v=pumJtpbvCc0 Man I'm tired of the Elena love story. They got together, they lost contact, they got back together, got married, got separated, and got back together at the end of U3 only to once again separate for this game. Enough! I don't care. Go for hot@ss Chloe or a new character, but enough with Elena.

Jmanghan
Most people would disagree with you, but to each their own, I guess.

Arachnid1
Anybody with eyes and ears can see Chloe>>>>Elana, but to each their own, I guess.

Nemesis X
I didn't mind Elena in U2 but now she seems like that wobbling, squeaking third wheel that can't make up it's mind whether to stay or break off.

Anybody with eyes and ears can see Chloe>>>>Elana, but to each their own, I guess.

No kidding.

Firefly218
Elena > Chloe IMO

Jmanghan
Chloe is the one with black hair, right? She just seems to want Drake's dick as opposed to wanting Drake, and shes more "professional" which immediately just turned me off to her. I'll take the kluts I have to save over the professional most times, unless that professional has emotions, and Chloe most certainly doesn't.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Chloe is the one with black hair, right? She just seems to want Drake's dick as opposed to wanting Drake, and shes more "professional" which immediately just turned me off to her. I'll take the kluts I have to save over the professional most times, unless that professional has emotions, and Chloe most certainly doesn't.

That's stretching it a bit. She has emotion. During the events of Uncharted 2, she expresses strain and visible discomfort when Nathan decided to watch over Elena and her wounded cameraman in a situation that could've gotten 'em all killed. A situation she decided to stay with the three in despite it potentially costing not just her spy status amongst the enemy but her life when logic and morals were at war within her and was understandably upset. That all happened because her partner was uncooperative. She felt betrayed. Her character faced hardships that day.

While I like Elena being that reporter fighting tooth and nail to get a scoop, she's still that wobbly third wheel Naughty Dog made her become so...yeah.

Plus Chloe's voiced by Claudia-frikkin-Black so that's like an auto win in my book.

Arachnid1
http://38.media.tumblr.com/5467100f7c672b4a3504c099e8b40851/tumblr_miu57odZM71qe9lpso2_250.gif

http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mboynqPDcF1rw6wlo.gif

http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mchmfzea541rw6wlo.gif

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m54l5kIdUO1rp1t8x.gif

in_love

Though to be completely fair, I am highly biased and liked her from the beginning, just because shes the closest I can get in this series to:

https://31.media.tumblr.com/174fb3529a95367317962de412208528/tumblr_nsnlp4y3dE1rmfzd9o1_540.gif

Lara>>>>>>>>>>Chloe, Drake, Elana, and every other character in this series

Kazenji
Naughty Dog is offering to do Half-Life 3

http://www.gamezone.com/news/naughty-dog-creative-director-wants-to-make-half-life-because-valve-won-t-3424777

Smasandian
**** yeah...except it wouldn't be on PC.

It's kind of crazy that Valve doesn't even bother with a franchise that allowed them to become the company it is. Without Half Life 2, there probably wouldn't be Steam. As well, this bullshit free to play is the reason why Half Life 3 is not around.

But I still think they will do it. They just converted Dota 2 to Source 2 (or planning) and if the spend the ungodly amount of money to create a new engine, why would they do that if they are not going to make more games like Half Life 3, Left 4 Dead 3 or something new.

Nemesis X
Uncharted 4 will be giving Nathan dialogue choices.

As long as it doesn't have a push square for sarcastic, it's all good.

Smasandian
Yeah, I guess it's only in some cases but my initial reaction was, "that's not the reason why I play Uncharted games".

Probably doesn't mean much and kind of defeats the purpose of the game because in my opinion, it's all about the story and experience of being in those crazy situations. It's not about being the character but more about playing the character through a movie like atmosphere.

To tell you the truth, Uncharted 4 has got be freaking amazing to compete with Rise of the Tomb Raider. That games was ****ing awesome with plenty of different encounters, play styles and atmosphere.

Demonic Phoenix
d5nfXqffvyc

Smasandian
The graphics look fantastic and it will probably play well but....I hope sneaking around like this is not the main gameplay element. This reminds me of a combination of every Ubisoft game in the last 5 years and a bit of MGS V. That's not the reason why I play Uncharted. I didn't mind the sneaking areas in previous games because it was more an experience than sandbox.

RadZoa
Dayum game has a 94 on Meta :O

May pick up a PS4 for this eventually

Firefly218
Ppl calling this one the best in the series

Smasandian
Meh. I think it will be a great game but I don't think it will come close to Uncharted 2. It's probably impossible to do so considering it's the 4th in the series.

From what I read, there isn't a set piece that can come close to Uncharted 2 crazy amount of them. Supposedly it's more grounded which I think will be an issue considering set pieces is the reason I play Uncharted. I'm definitely picking it up and probably going to enjoy the **** out of it.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Smasandian
Meh. I think it will be a great game but I don't think it will come close to Uncharted 2. It's probably impossible to do so considering it's the 4th in the series.

From what I read, there isn't a set piece that can come close to Uncharted 2 crazy amount of them. Supposedly it's more grounded which I think will be an issue considering set pieces is the reason I play Uncharted. I'm definitely picking it up and probably going to enjoy the **** out of it. I wouldn't call it grounded considering in the beta testing there was a magic grenade Drake could hurl at his enemies but yeah, uncharted 2 is gonna be hard to top

Zack Fair
This game is phenomenal.

Graphics are simply stunning and jaw dropping. At times I just stop playing and stare at the screen. Gameplay is really really tight

Smasandian
Yeah, it's a pretty well rounded game. I will say that the game does start off pretty slowly but it's not really a bad thing. You can clearly see the influence of the Last of Us dev in the first 3 hours.

I came across the first "open"ish areas and it was pretty refreshing.

Zack Fair
Agreed. Right now I'm in Madagascar and it is just so much fun adventuring and exploring about. Driving/shooting/stealth mechanics are solid and I did feel the Last of Us influence. Which is not a bad thing at all.

So far I can't seem to be able to put the controller down. Naughty Dog too good. I made the right choice going for PS4 because of them and The last of Us(even if I got me an xbone down the road)

KingD19
If Uncharted can get a 4th game, and it do so amazingly...can we get a 4th Jak & Daxter for PS4?

jaden101
Finished it in a day. Visually blown away. Great plot. Only let down for me is its too linear. Never played any of the other Uncharted games but might get the collection now. I liked the 2nd flashback sequence in the old woman's mansion.

8/10

Zack Fair
I can say this game's single player was quite the experience. I recommend everyone that can afford it to get it, or rent it. My only complain was the AI being dumber than the one in The Last of Us. But maybe that is because of the nature of Uncharted's more intense shootouts.

If you got a PS4 and you can play this game you owe it to yourself. 9/10 from me. I haven't even touched the MP, but I doubt I'll even try it. So that rating goes for SP

Kazenji
If the multiplayer is anything like the previous games, Then it should be good unless of course of Naughty Dog F'ked up.

Smasandian
Finally beat it. It's a fantastic game.

Pros:
- unbelievable art design, graphics and level design.
- I love how open the game feels compared to previous games in the series. Even the idea of having multiple ledges to choose from makes the experience that much better.
- story is good especially once it gets going. I don't want to say much else but I really enjoyed how the game ended.

Cons:
- it's a bit slow for the first 3 hours or so. It's not a deal breaker.
- I thought the game had too much stealth in it which doesn't help because the stealth is not the greatest.
- set pieces are a lot less.

Overall, it's a fantastic game. I still think Uncharted 2 is the best in the series but it's better than the first. It's probably better than the third but I think I need to wait a few years and play it again. Also, I think I enjoyed Rise of the Tomb Raider a bit more as well. There are slightly different games and both are fantastic but I think I enjoyed Tomb Raider more. With that game, I could not put it down while Uncharted 4, I wasn't compelled to finish it. In fact, my friend and I ran through a few nights of The Division instead of trying to finish the game.

Firefly218
10/10 for me
Originally posted by jaden101
Finished it in a day. Visually blown away. Great plot. Only let down for me is its too linear. Never played any of the other Uncharted games but might get the collection now. I liked the 2nd flashback sequence in the old woman's mansion.

8/10 That's what you get with Naughty Dog though, linear storytelling is to be expected

Arachnid1
Finally got around to finishing this. Better than Uncharted 3. Not as good as Uncharted 2. I was a bit let down in the end. The villain was awesome, though we didn't get to see enough of him. The ending was a repeat of Uncharted 3. Fight rich skinny villain 1v1 while everything goes to hell around you, barely make out with almost no goods.

I suppose the epilogue was cool, and the story was one of the best in the series, but the entire pirate plot fell flat. I also am disappointed in the fact that there was no supernatural twist, and no memorable set pieces. These, along with the characters, are what made Uncharted 2 so great.

I'd give this one a 7/10. Not the best ND game. Rise of the Tomb Raider got it beat too.

Smasandian
Yeah, I agree on pretty much all points.

I think Rise of the Tomb Raider is a better game but Uncharted 4 is still a very good one.

Nemesis X
I also am disappointed in the fact that there was no supernatural twist

I would always play a Tomb Raider/Uncharted game anticipating for the supernatural force near the end. One of them not actually having one feels...weird. You think you'd be fighting undead pirates or something.

Smasandian
Yeah. That is true. I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't the supernatural aspect as well.

Personally, I think Uncharted 4 will be one of those games where people a few years from now will look back and realize that it wasn't as good as they thought it was. There wasn't anything truly memorable about the game. It was just a game that was extremely well made (which is important as well). And I think the lack of big set pieces contributes to this.

And even though The Last of Us is a absolute masterpiece, I find that Uncharted 4 has the same tone as it and I don't know if that was the best thing for it. There wasn't a "a ha" moment like the U-Boat in the jungle from Uncharted, or the huge dagger puzzle/train/ from Uncharted 2 or the whole desert scene in Uncharted 3. The Last of Us had the excellent intro sequence (which is probably on my favs), the campus, and Pittsburgh. Uncharted 4 didn't really have that (or at least in my opinion).

Demonic Phoenix
The entire series technically never has a supernatural aspect (because everything eventually gets a scientific explanation), and since they were after Pirate Treasure in 4, I am glad that there was no supernatural tone at all. The aptly titled Avery's Descent chapter was pretty chilling and worked well, despite never having a supernatural tone.

Uncharted 4 had imo the best story of the series. Also, the Crash Bandicoot segment, and the epilogue were standouts. Those will be remembered.

Smasandian
What scientific reason? There was never scientific reason for 90% of the "supernatural" part of Uncharted.

The blue men were supernatural creatures from ingesting the sap from the Tree of Life. The same tree that gives self-regenerative powers. Pretty sure that has nothing to do with science and is all voodoo.

Same with the first game and the artifact that turns people into uncontrollable killing zombies.

Bro SMASH
I'd rather the series not be too supernatural.

Demonic Phoenix
What scientific reason? There was never scientific reason for 90% of the "supernatural" part of Uncharted.

The blue men were supernatural creatures from ingesting the sap from the Tree of Life. The same tree that gives self-regenerative powers. Pretty sure that has nothing to do with science and is all voodoo.

Same with the first game and the artifact that turns people into uncontrollable killing zombies.

Yes there was.

The Guardians were mutated due to taking in the tree's resin for a long time. That is definitely not "all voodoo."

Nope, the first game's 'supernatural' aspect was due to a virus found inside El Dorado that immediately affected people. Word of God confirms as much.

Smasandian
Except the tree resin had magical healing properties and turned the end boss into a superhuman. I'm not sure what you think of science but there is no tree in this world that has magical healing properties....it's a bit supernatural. It's beyond scientific understanding.

Same with the virus. There isn't a virus that can turn regular humans into murdering zombies. Just because it's a "virus" doesn't mean it's based on reality. Uncharted 3 is about a city that was lost was due to the King imprisoning supernatural creatures. All pretty much beyond the laws of nature.

Arachnid1
Except the tree resin had magical healing properties and turned the end boss into a superhuman. I'm not sure what you think of science but there is no tree in this world that has magical healing properties....it's a bit supernatural. It's beyond scientific understanding.

Same with the virus. There isn't a virus that can turn regular humans into murdering zombies. Just because it's a "virus" doesn't mean it's based on reality. Uncharted 3 is about a city that was lost was due to the King imprisoning supernatural creatures. All pretty much beyond the laws of nature. Agreed with this. Aspects like these are what make Uncharted what it is. Remove that, along with the set pieces, and it's boring.

It's like removing the "zombies" from Last of Us. Nowhere near as interesting. Atmosphere is great and all, but it needs the gameplay and enemies to match. I don't want to walk through deserted ruins pointlessly in a video game.

Adam Grimes
I liked to do that in Shadows of the colossus. sad

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
I liked to do that in Shadows of the colossus. sad Yeah, but at least that was building towards epic encounters with supernatural creatures

Take those all out, and would that game still be remembered fondly?

Smasandian
Yeah, but at least that was building towards epic encounters with supernatural creatures

Take those all out, and would that game still be remembered fondly?

Absolutely not.

However, Uncharted is remembered based on Nathan Drake and the extreme set pieces he gets into. The supernatural edge in all the previous games were what made the story.

Uncharted 4 had some awesome moments and some amazing level design. As well, the pirate story setting was pretty awesome but in my opinion, it was way to grounded to make it really memorable. Or maybe I just ****ing loved Uncharted 2.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.