Invincible VS Young Thor: Time Limit Challenge!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Invincible

VS

Young Thor

Thor has to KO Invincible in 10 minutes.

Does he succeed?

Khazra Reborn
Maybe with lightning, or Jarnbjorn. Invincible can take a metric shit ton of damage though.

cdtm
Well, current Invincible just got beaten down and raped, graphically, so he's probably not going to be of a frame of mind to put up much of a fight.. sad

Using him at his best: With Invincible being super aggressive normally, plus having a pretty significant speed advantage, I can't see Thor getting the to use his bigger powers.

No idea of Invincible has what it takes to actually put Thor down, but he should last the ten minutes.

abhilegend
No, Invincible would beat him. Last checked he was beating Omni-man in an armwrestling match who I would peg more or less even with ADULT Thor in strength.

dmills
Mark.

abhilegend
Hey bro, long time no see!

LordofBrooklyn
Who has the better damage soak, Thor or Invincible?

Khazra Reborn
Jason Aaron has been writing Thor with pretty damn good damage soak, but he's never eaten up the kind of damage that Invincible has.

That could be attributed to Marvel not wanting to run one of their flagship heroes through the meat grinder. Either way, IMO Invincible's is a little better.

cdtm
Against Vanquish, he's had his leg just about cut off, and had his guts ripped halfway out. And he kept fighting, and won.

The guts ripping put him in a coma for some months, but anybody else would have died, let alone let go of a stranglehold.

KingD19
Conquest also left him messed up. But that just proved that you have to like, absolutely destroy a Viltrumite to keep them down.

Galan007
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Thor has to KO Invincible in 10 minutes.

Does he succeed? absolutely not. invincible is much, much stronger and more durable than most people realize.

am i the only one who remembers his fight with conquest, ffs?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Can Thor use lightning? If so, yes.

Otherwise he can't take down Invincible. Maybe if he had his axe.

cdtm
Originally posted by Galan007
absolutely not. invincible is much, much stronger and more durable than most people realize.

am i the only one who remembers his fight with conquest, ffs?

That's why I don't get why he just rolled over (Literally!) for that Viltrumite *****.

I don't remember Mark having a thing against fighting women. And this one wasn't exactly hiding her intentions.

celeyhyga17
Isn't having Jarnbjorn normal setting for Young Thor?

KingD19
Originally posted by cdtm
That's why I don't get why he just rolled over (Literally!) for that Viltrumite *****.

I don't remember Mark having a thing against fighting women. And this one wasn't exactly hiding her intentions.

I think Mark's fragile mental state did a good deal in helping her sorta beat him. IIRC, he'd just found out Eve not only aborted their child without telling him, but felt like pretty much everything that went wrong or bad was Mark's fault and he was the last person she wanted to be around right now. That will seriously f*ck with a guys head. Especially after all the sh*t he's gone through just to keep Eve safe. He murdered a man in cold blood because it would keep her safe. Without much hesitation if any.

Galan007

I don't remember Mark having a thing against fighting women. And this one wasn't exactly hiding her intentions. he just wanted to tap dat azz, bruh. thumb up

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Can Thor use lightning? If so, yes.

Otherwise he can't take down Invincible. Maybe if he had his axe.

The Odinson can use lightning.

Galan007
^ kay.

it's worth noting that after mark, his father, and thaedus destroyed viltrumite via flying through its core at a high rate of speed, he tanked the planet's subsequent detonation at ground zero, despite being weakened(and significantly so) from the damage he'd sustained previously in the battle/war:
http://i.imgur.com/uUBtryz.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/zDsmSAk.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/1BPro3B.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/GuGCMsw.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/5Q2PWYE.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Yudk8bZ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/xni3r6V.jpg

that said, i definitely can't see young thor's lightning putting mark down for good. /shrug

Decimus
The only way young thor would last more than 10 minutes is if he had a mustache lol. Invincible is a beast when written proper.

KingD19
Originally posted by Galan007
^ kay.

it's worth noting that after mark, his father, and thaedus destroyed viltrumite via flying through its core at a high rate of speed, he tanked the planet's subsequent detonation at ground zero, despite being weakened(and significantly so) from the damage he'd sustained previously in the battle/war:
http://i.imgur.com/uUBtryz.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/zDsmSAk.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/1BPro3B.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/GuGCMsw.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/5Q2PWYE.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Yudk8bZ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/xni3r6V.jpg

that said, i definitely can't see young thor's lightning putting mark down for good. /shrug

He was also unharmed despite being ground zero for the explosion that literally turned the entirety of Vegas to glass.

Galan007
thumb up

Enzeru
Originally posted by abhilegend
No, Invincible would beat him. Last checked he was beating Omni-man in an armwrestling match who I would peg more or less even with ADULT Thor in strength.

Can you back that statement up?

cdtm
Originally posted by Enzeru

Going by comic fights:

Thor = Gladiator = Supreme = Omni Man < Invincible

Enzeru
Going by fights:

Yeah, that's not how it works.

abhilegend
I don't think Thor can fight Supreme to a double KO and wake up earlier than him. When Supreme was using Heat Vision and Omni-man only used his strength.Originally posted by cdtm
Going by comic fights:

I would peg evil Supreme to be stronger than Thor. The supreme who Omni-man fought was specifically stated to be stronger than previous Supremes and beat Suprema to a pulp.

abhilegend
Yeah, that's not how it works.
And why not? That fight with Supreme was done by the company which owns both Invincible and Supreme and isn't a crossover like JLA/Avengers.

Enzeru
I don't think Thor can fight Supreme to a double KO and wake up earlier than him. When Supreme was using Heat Vision and Omni-man only used his strength.
I would peg evil Supreme to be stronger than Thor. The supreme who Omni-man fought was specifically stated to be stronger than previous Supremes and beat Suprema to a pulp.

King Hyperion was also stated to be stronger than other Hyperions and he beat all the Thors and Sentries, but still got stopped by Blue Marvel.

So first of all, statements don't matter that much and that was even backed up by the fight itself, where Supreme and Omni-Man knocked each other out with an attack, that only left a big crater.
To take that even further the most impressive showing of any Invincible character was, when three Viltrumites (including Invincible and Omni-Man) decided to destroy a planet, but they had to rely on powerful tech to breach through the surface, because they knew they would die upon impact otherwise.

And once they bullrushed through the planet and gained some distance it finally exploded and the explosion knocked out every single combatant, including the most powerful Viltrumites, who were much more powerful than Invincible, including some other beings, who are more powerful as well.

Do you think that an adult Thor would die, if he flew into a planet at full speed? I don't.
And in Thor's most recent fights against Gorr for example we saw what he was capable off. Strikes which were not only shattering the planet he was on, but also a nearby moon were only tearing up his muscle tissues.

And why not? That fight with Supreme was done by the company which owns both Invincible and Supreme and isn't a crossover like JLA/Avengers.

Many fights end up being underwhelming and also end in stalemates. We can't really judge too much from them, especially when the characters are portrayed in a way, they haven't been portrayed in in a while.
Supreme, who fought Omni-Man didn't come even close to Alan Moores version of Supreme.

Of course we don't dismiss the showings of a character from the past, so Supreme has still his credibility no matter what, but at the same time we don't assume that Omni-Man would be able to replicate the stuff Supreme has done, simply because he somewhat stalemated Supreme and it was portrayed like they were equals. Simply a different take on Supreme at that point.

It's like Superman and Captain Marvel... It has been stated that they are equals multiple times, but everyone still considers Superman to be much more powerful, simply because he has more and better feats.

The same applies for Thor. He has more and better feats than Omni-Man AND even Supreme.
There is a difference between the overall powerlevel in the Marvel universe and in the Image universe. Thor wouldn't die upon impact with a planet and not even if he flies faster than the Viltrumites (which he does).

With all of that being said I still don't see young Thor knocking out Invincible in under 10 minutes. In my opinion there is no way he could lose that fight in the long run, but Invincible is more than durable enough to withstand the damage for 10 minutes. It would be a good fight, but he would ultimately lose.
Now take adult Thor and give him additionally Mjolnir to smite even harder and it turns into a very bad day for Invincible / Omni-Man / anyone, since then not only more striking power comes into place, but also overall more damage and much greater feats to back all of that up.

abhilegend
King Hyperion was also stated to be stronger than other Hyperions and he beat all the Thors and Sentries, but still got stopped by Blue Marvel. He proved it by beating up Suprema who if you don't know has lifted entire universe.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/16414198/Supreme_tasks_1.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/16414199/Supreme_tasks_2.jpg.html

And who is equal to normal Supreme. So pardon me if I don't use that analogy where statements are the only thing given. He destroyed a planet the very next issue after Omni-Man fight, albeit with a power up.

That's nothing to be ashamed about. Not every fight is gauged by collateral damage. Odin and Surtur killed themselves in a fight that didn't even made a crater. So, no it has no bearings on how powerful Supreme and Omni-man were. Normal Supreme is a damn high herald on his own. This supreme was even stronger.

Thor has almost died from far less. In fact he was near dead with the shockwaves from a planet destroying missile in one of his best durability feats to date.
And then he was beaten to a bloody pulp by Angela albeit weakened under the same writer. Young Thor would've died from Apocalypse's attacks which only sent shockwaved to two hundred miles. In fact I can show you more than half dozen scenes where a planet destroying act is stated and shown to be able to be fatal for Thor. Just recently everyone on Earth died from Exitar blowing up earth and moon. So, it all depends on the day and how the writer feels.

laughing out loud

Alan Moore's supreme was pathetic. Dude was getting beaten up by Maul FFS.

Under the same writer? Lulz. You'll do anything to dismiss anything you don't like. Guess what? That's not how it goes around here.

Actually it has been stated only one time. Superman has been stated to be more powerful in actual comics. More than once.

He also has much worse showings than them too. Its all about averages.
I can show you Thor simply freezing to near death in space, much less striking to a planet at high speed. In fact just falling from orbit to a planet has KTFO him. Thor isn't the paragon of durability and strength like you're pretending to be.

Invincible would **** up young Thor something bad.

Enzeru
Thor has almost died from far less.

I've said it once and I'm going to say it again: If you can't beat them, lowball them.

In fact he was near dead with the shockwaves from a planet destroying missile in one of his best durability feats to date.

Let me translate that real quick for everyone else... Raj: "I don't know anything about Thor."

Young Thor would've died from Apocalypse's attacks which only sent shockwaved to two hundred miles.

Didn't Superman punch Mongul with bad intentions, which sent him flying 200 miles away? And here we have Thor tanking a punch, that sent out shockwaves for 200 miles.
Surely you would argue that Superdudebro can punch harder than Omni-Man and Invincible, right? Is that right, Raj?

In fact I can show you more than half dozen scenes where a planet destroying act is stated and shown to be able to be fatal for Thor. Just recently everyone on Earth died from Exitar blowing up earth and moon. So, it all depends on the day and how the writer feels.

Yes, Raj... Everyone on Earth died from EXITAR BLOWING UP the Earth and the Moon. You know, Exitar as in the Celestial, who woud blow up Superman, Omni-Man and Invincible.
And in Thor we have someone, who has been hit by the attacks of Celestials and continued to fight.

Invincible would **** up young Thor something bad.

Yeah, that wouldn't be the case.

And in case you're wondering, why I didn't bother adressing the rest of your post:
You have to be clinically insane to post stuff like that and since I value my mental health, I won't even bother with you.

celeyhyga17
Can Young Thor knockout Invincible under 10 min for a forum win? Sure.. A well placed lightning and a finisher with Jarnbjorn can definitely pull t off. Can he do it often enough that it can be considered the norm? Nah.. Invincible easily has the damage soak to go plenty of rounds without getting KO'd under 10 min.

CadenceV2
Going by comic fights:

While ABC Logic, this is accurate enough to show Mark is in the high tier league of Thor. What gives Mark the edge for sure is the fact he has a good healing factor in battle (mild one) to keep chugging, and the fact Invincible is SOOOO much faster than Thor by alot in combat speed.

I think Mark can win a fight as long he speed blitzes.

Enzeru
Originally posted by CadenceV2
While ABC Logic, this is accurate enough to show Mark is in the high tier league of Thor.

No, it's not, because there is much more evidence, that he doesn't perform on that level. And this is now not me lowballing Invincible, but stating that we can't assume that Omni-Man and Invincible are capable of doing everything Supreme has done.

And you also totally ignore the fact that characters in the Invincible universe can't destroy planets, while that's something fairly common for Marvel high heralds.

Omni-Man and Invincible are not high heralds. Terrax, who is a low herald has destroyed a planet in the past. It took three Viltrumites to destroy one planet and they even relied on the help of a fourth one, whose actions prevented them from dying in the first place, while going for the planet bust.

Raj is trying to lowball Marvel characters and you're trying to overhype Invincible characters.

JayDaDon
Going by comic fights:

I dont think Mark has surpassed his dad just yet id be willing to bet he's still a hair or more below omni man.

On a related note, Battle Beast Vs Thragg is next issue. BATTLE BEAST VS THRAGG IS NEXT ISSUE!

CadenceV2
No, it's not, because there is much more evidence, that he doesn't perform on that level. And this is now not me lowballing Invincible, but stating that we can't assume that Omni-Man and Invincible are capable of doing everything Supreme has done.

And you also totally ignore the fact that characters in the Invincible universe can't destroy planets, while that's something fairly common for Marvel high heralds.

Omni-Man and Invincible are not high heralds. Terrax, who is a low herald has destroyed a planet in the past. It took three Viltrumites to destroy one planet and they even relied on the help of a fourth one, whose actions prevented them from dying in the first place, while going for the planet bust.

Raj is trying to lowball Marvel characters and you're trying to overhype Invincible characters.

All very fair enough points, however there is one thing I like to point out.

You state Invincible cannot blow up a planet, very true, but he can fly through one with the core punctured by a fist size laser, and can survive the explosion of a planet with no real damage.

Also I never seen Thor crack a planet. I heard people claim he has done so in the Gorr arc, however when I read it, he cracked a moon a bit, not bust a planet. There was statements of Planet being destroyed IIRC, but non of it supported or shown on panel.

So I see no reason why Thor should be compared to Heralds when Silver Surfer casually showed superiority to Thor in their last encounter. By encounter I meant the one where Surfer was holding back against a very angry Thor while Odin was soundly beaten by Galactus.

Also I agree Thor should win in any case against Mark in a straight up fight. His feats and powers are a huge obstacle. However his speed feats have always been lacking I find. Spider Man danced around Thunderstrike easy (Not the same I suppose, but he had Thors powers IIRC), Wolverine manage to dodge and get good attacks on Thor a few times (King Thor one time, and a more recent fight another), and Quicksilver has danced around Thor until he was brought low by a Area of Effect attack by Thor when taunting. Even Cap has commented how Thor is slow when comparing Thunder Strike to him during training simulation.

All in all if Mark Speed Blitz at his massively hyper sonic speeds, or ftl speeds in a space battle, I see no reason he cannot pull wins.

CadenceV2
Originally posted by JayDaDon
I dont think Mark has surpassed his dad just yet id be willing to bet he's still a hair or more below omni man.

On a related note, Battle Beast Vs Thragg is next issue. BATTLE BEAST VS THRAGG IS NEXT ISSUE!
Nice I stopped at the arm wrestling issue. Need to get back on track.

Enzeru
You state Invincible cannot blow up a planet, very true, but he can fly through one with the core punctured by a fist size laser, and can survive the explosion of a planet with no real damage.

No real damage, but they were all far away from the planet and the explosion still KOed everyone on the battlefield, including characters, who are much more powerful than Invincible.

So I see no reason why Thor should be compared to Heralds when Silver Surfer casually showed superiority to Thor in their last encounter. By encounter I meant the one where Surfer was holding back against a very angry Thor while Odin was soundly beaten by Galactus.

Thor was badly hurt in that fight and Silver Surfer also commented on that. Thor's track record against Silver Surfer is much better than vice versa and Silver Surfer has also stated that Mjolnir is more powerful than he himself is.

Also I agree Thor should win in any case against Mark in a straight up fight. His feats and powers are a huge obstacle. However his speed feats have always been lacking I find. Spider Man danced around Thunderstrike easy (Not the same I suppose, but he had Thors powers IIRC), Wolverine manage to dodge and get good attacks on Thor a few times (King Thor one time, and a more recent fight another), and Quicksilver has danced around Thor until he was brought low by a Area of Effect attack by Thor when taunting. Even Cap has commented how Thor is slow when comparing Thunder Strike to him during training simulation.

All of that is true and I agree that Thor would have problems dealing with opponents, who have a speed advantage, but there is still one thing that backs him up (and this is now strictly, when feats are being compared and not the fights he has been in against certain characters):

For example Thor VS Superman... Many argue (including myself) that Thor would lose that fight, simply because Superman is the much faster character. He could use his speed advantage to punch Thor over and over again in the face, until he scores a K.O. and Thor wouldn't have an answer to that, simply because he is too slow. Even Thor's highest speed showing is not good enough to compete with someone as fast as Superman.

But with that being said... Thor's best durability showing is much higher than Superman's best damage output showing. So if we argue that Thor would never be able to hit Superman, because Superman has much better speed showings, then why shouldn't we argue that Superman will never be able to bring Thor down, who can tank more damage than Superman can dish out?
But this is the point where obsessed fanboys like Raj jump in and start throwing out statements like: "Yeah, but Thor has been knocked out by !" ...

CadenceV2
No real damage, but they were all far away from the planet and the explosion still KOed everyone on the battlefield, including characters, who are much more powerful than Invincible.

They all looked to have the wind knocked out of them, but again no lasting damage at all shown as they all were back to fighting the next page.

Thor was badly hurt in that fight and Silver Surfer also commented on that. Thor's track record against Silver Surfer is much better than vice versa and Silver Surfer has also stated that Mjolnir is more powerful than he himself is.

I see, however most of Thor's previous wins over Surfer was way before Surfer's Annihilation Wave upgrade yes? Or did Surfer lose that?

All of that is true and I agree that Thor would have problems dealing with opponents, who have a speed advantage, but there is still one thing that backs him up (and this is now strictly, when feats are being compared and not the fights he has been in against certain characters):

For example Thor VS Superman... Many argue (including myself) that Thor would lose that fight, simply because Superman is the much faster character. He could use his speed advantage to punch Thor over and over again in the face, until he scores a K.O. and Thor wouldn't have an answer to that, simply because he is too slow. Even Thor's highest speed showing is not good enough to compete with someone as fast as Superman.

But with that being said... Thor's best durability showing is much higher than Superman's best damage output showing. So if we argue that Thor would never be able to hit Superman, because Superman has much better speed showings, then why shouldn't we argue that Superman will never be able to bring Thor down, who can tank more damage than Superman can dish out?
But this is the point where obsessed fanboys like Raj jump in and start throwing out statements like: "Yeah, but Thor has been knocked out by !" ...

Thor does indeed have have insane showings of strength, but to be fair characters like Savage Hulk, Professor (or Merge) Hulk, Kurse, Juggernaut, and Namor (pretty good comic for the Prince) have all consistently gave Thor a hard time physically in drawn out fights. Thor has great durability, but I think beings like Invincible can take a toll on Thor when characters of that league can.

Just my opinion though in that Mark can only pull a win from a combination of speed blitzing and using his speed to avoid attacks.

celeyhyga17
All very fair enough points, however there is one thing I like to point out.

Also I never seen Thor crack a planet. I heard people claim he has done so in the Gorr arc, however when I read it, he cracked a moon a bit, not bust a planet. There was statements of Planet being destroyed IIRC, but non of it supported or shown on panel.I guess the writer speaking through narration is not enough eh? Add the fact that two celestial bodies one of which was a great distance away were shattering during that narration... Seems like you think directly punching a planet is infinitely more impressive. He couldn't possibly bust a planet. sad

All in all if Mark Speed Blitz at his massively hyper sonic speeds, or ftl speeds in a space battle, I see no reason he cannot pull wins. Surfer casually showed superiority? Oh you mean how he was stalemating a Thor with a huge gaping wound? That superiority?

Thor shouldn't be compared to heralds? I really can't help you there. sad

Why mention Spidey dance around a character who's not even him?

A holding back Thor vs Wolvie who fell prey to an illusion. Who consequently got tagged easily anyway.

Quicksilver dodging a lightning strike then got easily subdued in a couple of panels while Thor himself says how he's vanquished foes even swifter is not him merely dancing around Thor.

Don't remember this Cap and Thunderstrike instance you're talking about.

Seems like all the instances you've mentioned (even irrelevant ones) were brought up for one purpose only. Sorry to say, but I do smell a lowballin hater.... Hmm.....

abhilegend
I've said it once and I'm going to say it again: If you can't beat them, lowball them. Haha, like you aren't doing the same.

Oh really? I have read more Thor comics than you've read scans about him.

He was about to get killed with next headbutt. That's not tanking.
Superman is Superman. Thor isn't.

The attack only destroyed earth and moon. Majestic has taken a blast that destroyed earth and moon. Same as Superman. Ergo they are more durable than everyone on marvel earth.
He was almost killed by three attacks and Gaea had to save him. Context.

Because you say so? Not good enough.

Translation: I've nothing to counter. But reported anyway.

Enzeru
Haha, like you aren't doing the same.

No, I'm not. I am looking at the greatest feats characters had throughout the years and compare them with each other.
You on the other hand are purposely searching for low showing of the character you want to see losing and use these as your arguments.

Translation: I've nothing to counter. But reported anyway.

That was enough to report me? Let me give you a real reason to report me:

Raj, you're the biggest idiot on this entire board. LITERALLY the biggest idiot on this entire board.

You might think that it's Carver due to his overall HULK RULEZZZ nature, but Carver at least sometimes even makes sense. The problem with Carver are the limitations his favorite character has, which also prevent that said character from winning any forum battles - but Carver's mind can't process and accept that, because the character is doing well in comics, where things are simply different.
You might think that I'm the idiot, for constantly bashing you, but no no ...

You are.

Your style of debating is absolutely abysmal. If I was to open a Powerless Superman VS Wolverine thread, you would be arguing for Superman, because Wolverine got knocked out by a deer.
It boggles my mind to read your shitty way of lowballing Superman's opponents, or actually any opponent of a character Superman has been associated with in any way, shape or form.

And then there is also your disgusting ignorance towards real life problems of forum members and even women.

You should have been banned long time ago, you troll.

Edit: Also LOL @ surviving three attacks of Celestial being a low showing. Common sense.

abhilegend
No, I'm not. I am looking at the greatest feats characters had throughout the years and compare them with each other.
You on the other hand are purposely searching for low showing of the character you want to see losing and use these as your arguments. The irony is, you consider Mark worrying that he would die upon impact with a planet as a consideration of low durability when there is an instance of Thor worrying that he would die falling from a building and saying hercules would die falling from a building. What would we do with statements like those?

http://i.imgur.com/9g7ltZ8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/cJ5gPd8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/QhLEKvl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fK3EjmW.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/SGJgOOu.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/YChn47R.jpg

And they aren't singular instances either. Three Thor level beings in Thor, Hercules and Ulik were in mortal danger falling from a building. These are low showings. Fearing that he would die from impacting a planet at very high speed isn't.

This is like the ranting of a child that thinks he is the smartest being on planet.

Well, for starters my name isn't Raj. Try to keep up kiddo.

I actually pity you kid.

Ooooh, that burns. "No. you". How will I ever recover from this huge revelation!!!!

Well, Wolverine wasn't KOED by that deer, which you would've known if you read that comic. Yes, I've read Wolverine's comics too. He happens to be one of my favorite characters.
Oh really? Then what am I doing in this thread defending Invincible? Shouldn't I be lowballing both Invincible and Thor?

Yeah, you got me there. "Even women"!!!! One joke and I'm now the biggest sexist in the world!!!

Well, lucky me I guess.

Who said it was a low showing? I said he didn't tank it as he was almost dead. Its a very high end feat for him but its blown hugely out of proportion. And again reported.

Enzeru
The irony is, you consider Mark worrying that he would die upon impact with a planet as a consideration of low durability

Dude, it's one of his greatest showings so far.

Feel free to show me any similar durability feat for Invincible, which lets us assume how good his durability actually is.
Him fighting against other Viltrumites won't be such a showing, because we don't know how much damage they can dish out. What we know is that they can't destroy planets and that even three of them would die upon high speed impact with a planet, so their strength / durability ratio is obviously lower than the one of Marvel's high heralds at their best.

Thor had low showings, just like every other high herald (not only in Marvel). Your Superdudebro got knocked out by a nuclear explosion and that was a low showing for him, considering that during other instances it took exploding planets and supernovas to knock him out.

I actually pity you kid.

Now that is really insulting, BECAUSE IT'S COMING FROM YOU!
And it's sooo funny... At this point you've become totally immune against all the hate and critique you have to go up against on KMC.

And I won't even read any further. I already said that I wouldn't bother with you anymore and I'm an idiot for breaking my word in the first place.

Have a nice day, Raj.

abhilegend
Dude, it's one of his greatest showings so far. And that's why its not a low feat. Considering he tanked the explosion of the planet, which you conveniently forgot.

And they can tank a planet's explosion without getting killed. Not bad considering how they fare against speedy impacts on the planet.

Who said Superman doesn't has low showings? I'm well aware of them. Thor has been actually afraid of dying from exploding planets too, or falling from heights. So it actually cancels outs.

Good, good.
Yeah, online hate is easy to ignore. Say this to anybody's face and see where it gets you.

Ok, that's a nice confession.

Since I'm a very terrible person as you say, have a nice day. And concession accepted.

CadenceV2
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
I guess the writer speaking through narration is not enough eh? Add the fact that two celestial bodies one of which was a great distance away were shattering during that narration... Seems like you think directly punching a planet is infinitely more impressive. He couldn't possibly bust a planet. sad

Surfer casually showed superiority? Oh you mean how he was stalemating a Thor with a huge gaping wound? That superiority?

Thor shouldn't be compared to heralds? I really can't help you there. sad

Why mention Spidey dance around a character who's not even him?

A holding back Thor vs Wolvie who fell prey to an illusion. Who consequently got tagged easily anyway.

Quicksilver dodging a lightning strike then got easily subdued in a couple of panels while Thor himself says how he's vanquished foes even swifter is not him merely dancing around Thor.

Don't remember this Cap and Thunderstrike instance you're talking about.

Seems like all the instances you've mentioned (even irrelevant ones) were brought up for one purpose only. Sorry to say, but I do smell a lowballin hater.... Hmm.....

Can you show me Thor destroying Planets on any consistent basis? Can you show me Thor busting mountains on a consistent basis? Overpowering Juggernaut? Overpowering Hulk in every fight?

What I am asking for is feats to prove on a consistent and clear basis Thor busting planets or "celestial bodies" on any consistent basis in strength.

As for the speed instances, can you show me a clear panel of Thor using super speed other than flying with his hammer? Show me Thor speed blitzing or countering with kicks and punches a speed blitzer?

If you can show me or tell me issues where he did that so I can look them up, then I will take back my statements. Im not above being proven wrong. smile

eaebiakuya
Question: what is harder, fight without a liver (it being transmuted during the fight) or fighting without a member(lose a leg/arm during the fight) ?

krisblaze
Thor does not generally fight mountains.

He fights villains.

celeyhyga17
Can you show me Thor destroying Planets on any consistent basis? Can you show me Thor busting mountains on a consistent basis? Overpowering Juggernaut? Overpowering Hulk in every fight?

What I am asking for is feats to prove on a consistent and clear basis Thor busting planets or "celestial bodies" on any consistent basis in strength.

As for the speed instances, can you show me a clear panel of Thor using super speed other than flying with his hammer? Show me Thor speed blitzing or countering with kicks and punches a speed blitzer?

If you can show me or tell me issues where he did that so I can look them up, then I will take back my statements. Im not above being proven wrong. smile
Here have fun.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t522796.html

CadenceV2
Here have fun.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t522796.html

That was a nice thread, however strength wise I still saw very little that surpasses Viltrumite strength, nor anything planet busting with blows. His best strength feat is Lifting the Midgard serpent (Debunked multiple times), arm wrestling Hercules till the planet is out of orbit (purely hyperbole as the planet next issue is fine), and the Neutron Star feat which is impressive, but a one time showing and far exceeds the consistent showings of Thor. I see no reason he will one shot Mark.

Speed wise his best feats are all feats Captain America has done himself (React to missiles, Tank shells, and lasers even) so nothing impressive there. He has shown twice to react to speedsters besides quicksilver, however both speedsters are pretty much nobodies with no stated speeds. Are they faster than bullets? I doubt they are faster than Mark.

So again, nothing to change my stance overall.

maxivitopowe
The irony is, you consider Mark worrying that he would die upon impact with a planet as a consideration of low durability when there is an instance of Thor worrying that he would die falling from a building and saying hercules would die falling from a building. What would we do with statements like those?

http://i.imgur.com/9g7ltZ8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/cJ5gPd8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/QhLEKvl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fK3EjmW.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/SGJgOOu.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/YChn47R.jpg

And they aren't singular instances either. Three Thor level beings in Thor, Hercules and Ulik were in mortal danger falling from a building. These are low showings. Fearing that he would die from impacting a planet at very high speed isn't.

This is like the ranting of a child that thinks he is the smartest being on planet.

Well, for starters my name isn't Raj. Try to keep up kiddo.

I actually pity you kid.

Ooooh, that burns. "No. you". How will I ever recover from this huge revelation!!!!

Well, Wolverine wasn't KOED by that deer, which you would've known if you read that comic. Yes, I've read Wolverine's comics too. He happens to be one of my favorite characters.
Oh really? Then what am I doing in this thread defending Invincible? Shouldn't I be lowballing both Invincible and Thor?

Yeah, you got me there. "Even women"!!!! One joke and I'm now the biggest sexist in the world!!!

Well, lucky me I guess.

Who said it was a low showing? I said he didn't tank it as he was almost dead. Its a very high end feat for him but its blown hugely out of proportion. And again reported.

I don't get why other congeners won't pull you up on your shit that classic Thor and modern Thor are completely different beast

Classic Thor would have died against Gorr

If you can show me or tell me issues where he did that so I can look them up, then I will take back my statements. Im not above being proven wrong. smile Originally posted by CadenceV2
That was a nice thread, however strength wise I still saw very little that surpasses Viltrumite strength, nor anything planet busting with blows. His best strength feat is Lifting the Midgard serpent (Debunked multiple times), arm wrestling Hercules till the planet is out of orbit (purely hyperbole as the planet next issue is fine), and the Neutron Star feat which is impressive, but a one time showing and far exceeds the consistent showings of Thor. I see no reason he will one shot Mark.

Speed wise his best feats are all feats Captain America has done himself (React to missiles, Tank shells, and lasers even) so nothing impressive there. He has shown twice to react to speedsters besides quicksilver, however both speedsters are pretty much nobodies with no stated speeds. Are they faster than bullets? I doubt they are faster than Mark.

:/ another one

celeyhyga17

First off, this thread involves Young Thor. I don't know why you've turned this into current Thor not able to one-shot Invincible. Second, I only responded to your post about current Thor to save you from continuing to look ignorant. Unfortunately nothing short of a brain transplant can save you now.

Orrsome28
First off, this thread involves Young Thor. I don't know why you've turned this into current Thor not able to one-shot Invincible. Second, I only responded to your post about current Thor to save you from continuing to look ignorant. Unfortunately nothing short of a brain transplant can save you now.
When the writers consistently disrespect the character at every turn, which may in fact be the most consistent aspect of Thor unfortunately, I don't expect many readers to look past the poorly written bs that is dumped on him on a regular basis. These days it almost seems as if a decent story can't be written without shoveling an especially pungent pile of bs on Thor. Fortunately, I've developed a particularly strong immunity to it and the disgusting levels of mediocrity they would have me believe surround Thor.

With that said, in this scenario Mark will come to realize that invincible is but a word to the god of thunder and words often fall short.

abhilegend
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
I don't get why other congeners won't pull you up on your shit that classic Thor and modern Thor are completely different beast

:/ another one
WTF? Do you know anything about Thor?

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by maxivitopowe

What "Classic" issues of Thor or Journey Into Mystery are you basing this on?

The ones I've read give Thor classic a better chance at victory than his modern counterpart. Kirby's Thor was much more pre-disposed to use Mjolnir in all its aspects.

CadenceV2
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
What "Classic" issues of Thor or Journey Into Mystery are you basing this on?

The ones I've read give Thor classic a better chance at victory than his modern counterpart. Kirby's Thor was much more pre-disposed to use Mjolnir in all its aspects.

I agree with this. Classic Thor and Hercules for that matter have shown way better feats then than current versions.

Warlord
Thor is dying from falls from tall buildings, is slower than wolverine and his strength is ~ Luke Cage levels.

Invincible kills him

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Warlord
Thor is dying from falls from tall buildings, is slower than wolverine and his strength is ~ Luke Cage levels.

Invincible kills him

I take this is in reference to classic Thor.

The Kirby era Thor was a much smarter combatant than his modern counterpart. Mjolnir was utilized a lot earlier and in a myriad of ways when Thor realized brawling wasn't enough.

He would drain Mark of his power or even life, conjure up protective shields etc.

celeyhyga17
I agree with this. Classic Thor and Hercules for that matter have shown way better feats then than current versions. Classic Thor and current Thor is the same Thor.

dmills
Originally posted by JayDaDon

Didn't Thragg basically one shot BB during the viltrumite war?

Epicurus

WTF is this shit? erm

Thor was shattering worlds as a side-effect of his battle with Gorr. To the point that he had to go to the nearby moon and save its inhabitants from the effects of Mjolnir's blow. Thor has engaged Death-Seed enhanced Sentry who literally hurled their atoms forward at speeds much greater than light, and he was able to traverse lightyears within mere seconds while chasing Gorr.

Thor is definitely a bonafide planet-buster, who has the capability to react at superhuman speeds.

Edit: Thor has defeated an amped version of Hulk in their last encounter(Fear Itself), and the Juggernaut is such a massive jobber, it's not even funny to mention his name in the same sentence as someone like Thor.

celeyhyga17
laughing out loud

CadenceV2
Originally posted by Epicurus
WTF is this shit? erm

Thor was shattering worlds as a side-effect of his battle with Gorr. To the point that he had to go to the nearby moon and save its inhabitants from the effects of Mjolnir's blow. Thor has engaged Death-Seed enhanced Sentry who literally hurled their atoms forward at speeds much greater than light, and he was able to traverse lightyears within mere seconds while chasing Gorr.

Thor is definitely a bonafide planet-buster, who has the capability to react at superhuman speeds.

Edit: Thor has defeated an amped version of Hulk in their last encounter(Fear Itself), and the Juggernaut is such a massive jobber, it's not even funny to mention his name in the same sentence as someone like Thor.

Understandable points, but shattering worlds off panel as a "after effect" while never showing the ability to shatter a world period before is not sitting with me. I want to see a on panel planet smashing or moving feat.

Also his speed reaction is still nothing comparable to guys like Superman or Flash or even quicksilver and Spider Man in speed feats. You say he dodged atom hurled ftl? Captain America has dogged lightspeed lasers. Your point? Its not consistent or ever shown of Thor to fight at blurring speeds or higher at all. There is many feats where his speed is shown to be slower. Do we ignore all feats that been consistently shown he is no faster than say Hulk over 60 years of comics? I like consistency, not one off feats done for plot when discussing characters.

Thats just me. wink

CadenceV2
Classic Thor and current Thor is the same Thor.

Same Thor yes, not versions. Classic Thor had time travel abilities and could do matter manipulation alot. He also had many speed feats in classic days. Current Thor lost Time Traveling from his hammer, has not use matter manipulation in over 27 years, and gets blitz alot.

Clear differences.

Epicurus
Understandable points, but shattering worlds off panel as a "after effect" while never showing the ability to shatter a world period before is not sitting with me. I want to see a on panel planet smashing or moving feat.

Also his speed reaction is still nothing comparable to guys like Superman or Flash or even quicksilver and Spider Man in speed feats. You say he dodged atom hurled ftl? Captain America has dogged lightspeed lasers. Your point? Its not consistent or ever shown of Thor to fight at blurring speeds or higher at all. There is many feats where his speed is shown to be slower. Do we ignore all feats that been consistently shown he is no faster than say Hulk over 60 years of comics? I like consistency, not one off feats done for plot when discussing characters.
I don't care if it doesn't sit with you. Heck, based on most recent canon which states that all of the 10 Norse Realms are fully fledged universes, I can bring back the World Tree feat and say that Thor pushed back against the weight of 10 universes. Only a hater or a retard would try to argue that Thor doesn't possess the strength to break a planet.

Lol, Captain America dodging lightspeed sabers is an ftl-reaction feat how exactly? Thor has given chase to Hermes, not to mention fought the Silver Surfer on equal levels(if not slightly superior). And I am not talking regular, run-of-the mill Surfer, I am talking post-Annihilation Surfer who has had a solid record of wrecking herald-levellers left and right over the last few years.
Thats just me. wink
You're an ignorant Thor-hater? Okay.

celeyhyga17
I don't care if it doesn't sit with you. Heck, based on most recent canon which states that all of the 10 Norse Realms are fully fledged universes, I can bring back the World Tree feat and say that Thor pushed back against the weight of 10 universes. Only a hater or a retard would try to argue that Thor doesn't possess the strength to break a planet.

Lol, Captain America dodging lightspeed sabers is an ftl-reaction feat how exactly? Thor has given chase to Hermes, not to mention fought the Silver Surfer on equal levels(if not slightly superior). And I am not talking regular, run-of-the mill Surfer, I am talking post-Annihilation Surfer who has had a solid record of wrecking herald-levellers left and right over the last few years.

I don't even bother anymore. This dude must live under the largest bridge in the world. He's useful for a good laugh though.
laughing

CadenceV2

Show me Thor busting a planet on panel please smile

Show me Thor consistently fighting at speeds Superman does or Flash please smile

Im not saying he is not Hulk strong (many times they near stalemate in physical battles, Hulk is hardly multi planet buster), and I see no reason for Thor to be out of Mark's class by a large margin due to the feats of Viltrumites in Image.

Im sorry I disagree with you to the point to just call me hater. I admit Thor is likely the stronger, and more durable. He has the advantage in powers through the hammer. Just that Mark can win straight fights due to speed and relative ball park strength and durability to cause damage or take the few occasional hits from Thor.

However I see its easier for you to just call me a hater rather than prove the fact that Thor can casually bust a planet on panel, or even show me he consistently out powers Hulk easy for that matter, or moves consistently at super speeds anywhere around Mark's level without the use of the hammer to propel him to travel speeds.

Truth be told its Marvel's fault. Marvel is the worst comic company for battles because there characters have no reboot to them. This in turn leads to 60+ years of inconsistent feats with said characters, thus hardcore fans cherry pick the best feats as the standard on this site, CBR, and Comicvine. I myself like to look at the average consistency of a character, and Thor is not that much higher tier than Omni Man, or Invincible by feats. Heck I own a great Namor comic where the Prince gives Thor a hell of a fight. Either way good fight however you side on. big grin

celeyhyga17

Show me Thor consistently fighting at speeds Superman does or Flash please smile

Im not saying he is not Hulk strong (many times they near stalemate in physical battles, Hulk is hardly multi planet buster), and I see no reason for Thor to be out of Mark's class by a large margin due to the feats of Viltrumites in Image.

Im sorry I disagree with you to the point to just call me hater. I admit Thor is likely the stronger, and more durable. He has the advantage in powers through the hammer. Just that Mark can win straight fights due to speed and relative ball park strength and durability to cause damage or take the few occasional hits from Thor.

However I see its easier for you to just call me a hater rather than prove the fact that Thor can casually bust a planet on panel, or even show me he consistently out powers Hulk easy for that matter, or moves consistently at super speeds anywhere around Mark's level without the use of the hammer to propel him to travel speeds.

Truth be told its Marvel's fault. Marvel is the worst comic company for battles because there characters have no reboot to them. This in turn leads to 60+ years of inconsistent feats with said characters, thus hardcore fans cherry pick the best feats as the standard on this site, CBR, and Comicvine. I myself like to look at the average consistency of a character, and Thor is not that much higher tier than Omni Man, or Invincible by feats. Heck I own a great Namor comic where the Prince gives Thor a hell of a fight. Either way good fight however you side on. big grin
Let's pretend you've been working out and for some reason wanted to test your strength. Now you're friend has been really hitting the weights hard too. Like you he wanted to test his new muscles.

You find an abandoned mansion and let out you're frustration by pounding on it with a hammer a few times. The mansion crumbles. You a muscle man now.

Now your friend couldn't find a mansion, but instead found a large boulder made of uru. Other than the boulder of uru, there's nothing else to be found except a house next to the boulder and another house 100 yards away. He starts pounding the boulder with his hammer so hard the house next to it starts cracking in half and the house 100 yards away begins to have cracks along the exterior.

Now who displayed greater strength?

CadenceV2
Let's pretend you've been working out and for some reason wanted to test your strength. Now you're friend has been really hitting the weights hard too. Like you he wanted to test his new muscles.

You find an abandoned mansion and let out you're frustration by pounding on it with a hammer a few times. The mansion crumbles. You a muscle man now.

Now your friend couldn't find a mansion, but instead found a large boulder made of uru. Other than the boulder of uru, there's nothing else to be found except a house next to the boulder and another house 100 yards away. He starts pounding the boulder with his hammer so hard the house next to it starts cracking in half and the house 100 yards away begins to have cracks along the exterior.

That is a very good analogy, and I can understand that. Still would be inconsistent for Thor though to ever have physical problems with the likes of Savage/Merge Hulk (who strength is topped out at 150,000,000,000 tons in Savage Hulk days) or Wrecking crew who are all average 30 toners pre energy absorbing amps.

It is just inconsistent to half the weaker foes Thor fought and still fights, but never one shots them. If he pulled One Punch Man (the manga) where he one shot everyone then I be all over the idea. However his battles with other strong tier characters shows strength far inferior to whats being put into the recent Gorr arc.

Its about consistency, thats all I am saying. If we took his highest end feats as the only source, he should one shot most versions of Super Man. However if we took say Spider Man's best strength feat (beating Firelord to a pulp for instance) then Spider Man should beat Thor in a good fight. So this begs the question, what feats are consistent, and shown time and again as reliable?

Anyway, if we simply use his single hand full of high end showings, then he is more on Thanos level to be honest. Far superior to any herald of Galactus. Using consistent feats, Mark should have more than a slight chance to pull wins via stats and speed factor.

Damborgson
The planet shattering feat in GOT is so much better than a regular planet busting it hurts.

Think of it this way, how much more impressive would it be to knock someone out, by punching the wall next to them instead of hitting them.

Edit: saw godkillers post, I like it.

eaebiakuya
I think you dont understand the feat where Thor almost destroy a moon and a planet with coletaral damage of his blows.

Before he did that, he tought the planet was empty, without anyone there, because if somene lived here, he would not hit with that strengh.

Then you ask why he dont one shot everyone ? Of course he dont hit with all his strengh in every single issue. There is a issue where he says he hold back with his hammer blows even against Hulk.

Maybe you are not aware of high end feats of Surfer...

Thor level beings destroying planets is not a outlier in marvel. Many heralds level beings did that. There is no reason to it be inconsistent with Thor.

Enzeru
I myself like to look at the average consistency of a character, and Thor is not that much higher tier than Omni Man, or Invincible by feats.

In theory there is nothing wrong with that approach, but there are just so many problems with it, that it's not even funny anymore.

1. At first you have to take into consideration, that Invincible has been around for only a decade, while Thor has been around for quite a few decades longer and everything regarding Thor's canon existence is still canon... That alone is an advantage for Thor, who had more time to build up higher showings and he has. But he also has a lot of bad showings, which you can turn into a disadvantage for him, if you choose to.

3. To elaborate on the first point: By trying to judge Thor on a consistant standard, it's YOU, who is creating that consistant standard. It's not hard to assume that as a fan of Invincible, or any character, who goes up against Thor you'll set Thor's standard lower than it might be.

3. You also have to compare the two universes together. For example Marvel and DC... Marvel Earth does not have as many powerful durable bricks as DC has. Characters like Thor and Hulk are in the minority on Marvel Earth, which is why Thor gets dumbed down a lot, so that the much weaker characters wouldn't look all too useless next to him. In Image Invincible didn't really come across all too many people below his level.

All of that combined makes you look like an incredibly biased debater and I can tell you from experience, that it's not fun debating against someone, who comes up with the weirdest low showings of a character to make an argument for him losing.
If you really have to use that as a way of debating, then that already says everything about the chances the character you're defending has against the character you're lowballing. You know what I mean?

If we look at the highest showings Thor and Invincible had during the years, then it's crazy to assume that Thor is capable of killing all of the Viltrumites at once, because none of those can inflict more damage than a Viltrumite. And this is now not me lowballing the Image universe (which I love btw), but simply saying that their greatest feats don't even come close to his greatest feats. Yeah, they might have a fairly decent speed advantage, but his other attributes are so vastly above theirs that it's not even a debate anymore.

If you dislike that... then don't put Invincible up against a character like that. Put him against someone, who has less feats than Thor and is obviously a weaker character. Like Superman. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Heck I own a great Namor comic where the Prince gives Thor a hell of a fight.

I own a comic, where Thor one-shotted Namor - and if we compare all their feats, then it's pretty obvious that Thor is the more powerful character by far and should be able to do the same thing again.

krisblaze

First appearance of Adam Warlock has Thor busting planets, and it's the only time he's had a reason to.

Neither Superman nor Flash fight consistently at Superman or Flash speeds.

Only Marvel character who's close to that is modern day Northstar, Makkari or Claremont Rogue.

LordofBrooklyn

Superman of course!

LordofBrooklyn
If you dislike that... then don't put Invincible up against a character like that. Put him against someone, who has less feats than Thor and is obviously a weaker character. Like Superman. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I DON'T FIND THIS AMUSING!

mad

CadenceV2
Originally posted by krisblaze
First appearance of Adam Warlock has Thor busting planets, and it's the only time he's had a reason to.

Neither Superman nor Flash fight consistently at Superman or Flash speeds.

Only Marvel character who's close to that is modern day Northstar, Makkari or Claremont Rogue.

For the planet busting feat, is their a website with scans I can see this? I cannot turn up anything on google for any forum where someone posted this before.

abhilegend

Thor was chasing Hermes on a chariot IIRC. Before that he was explicitly unable to hit Hermes. And he was explicitly slower than Monica, who couldn't see him earlier due to "only gods can see him".

Epicurus

Thor can break planets, as has been shown on-panel in most recent canon.thumb up

Thor is capable of fighting even while being hurled forth into space at ftl speeds. Also part of recent canon.thumb up

This is Young Thor as portrayed in Jason Aaron's run, so why exactly are you bothering to debate regular Thor is beyond me.

Mark got raped by a female Viltrumite. And I am not using the casual KMC usage of the term "rape" to denote physical ownage, I am talking about literal sexual violation of his person after he got physically dominated by the female. And that female wasn't even a royal like Mark's father, but rather a soldier. laughing out loud

Since you don't have anything else to add to this discussion apart from derailing it to dismissing every Thor feat for mainstream Thor, I'm not going to bother entertaining anymore of your nonsense regarding this topic.smile

celeyhyga17
For the planet busting feat, is their a website with scans I can see this? I cannot turn up anything on google for any forum where someone posted this before.
Btw, who's your favorite character?

CadenceV2
Thor can break planets, as has been shown on-panel in most recent canon.thumb up

Thor is capable of fighting even while being hurled forth into space at ftl speeds. Also part of recent canon.thumb up

This is Young Thor as portrayed in Jason Aaron's run, so why exactly are you bothering to debate regular Thor is beyond me.

Mark got raped by a female Viltrumite. And I am not using the casual KMC usage of the term "rape" to denote physical ownage, I am talking about literal sexual violation of his person after he got physically dominated by the female. And that female wasn't even a royal like Mark's father, but rather a soldier. laughing out loud

Since you don't have anything else to add to this discussion apart from derailing it to dismissing every Thor feat for mainstream Thor, I'm not going to bother entertaining anymore of your nonsense regarding this topic.smile

I admit, most of my comic reading on him is Classic and Arrons run. I just never seen or seen anyone post a on panel planet bust for Thor.

Moving at Lightspeeds while fighting at normal speed is not the same as moving at light speeds while throwing attacks at light speed.

Yes, Mark was raped by a well known female viltrumite who is close to Omni Man in feats and position during the Viltrumite War. She was a very powerful Viltrumite already in the series, and Mark looked to let her rape him to me. He had a issues with being away from Atom Eve after being stuck in the alternate dimension, and seem to put up no fight against her like he did in the previous Viltrumite War arc. Seems he just let it happen after a brief struggle. She even comments how he says no, but his dong arose to salute her smile anyway its a very weird shock event that seem thrown in and not well thought out. After all he beaten her in the Viltrumite War many comics earlier.

Im sorry, I seem to admit Thor is still the stronger, and more durable by average consistent feats, just that not to the level where a speed blitzing Mark cannot pull wins. But whateves smile

Btw, who's your favorite character?

Depends on my mood. Mostly I find Ultimate Spider Man (Peter), Spawn, Invincible, Ghost Rider, Godzilla, or Luther Strode. Right now I am feeling Godzilla.

krisblaze
^Moving at Lightspeeds while fighting at normal speed is not the same as moving at light speeds while throwing attacks at light speed.

You'll never see a feat where someone is explicitly stated to throw punches at lightspeed, and not just move at lightspeed...

Thor chasing and catching Hermes (whom the others could not see because they did not have light-speed reactions) is the closest you'll come.

cdtm
That female Viltrumite broke Allen's arm, and seemed to be doing most of the damage to Thragg. I bet she's stronger then Omni, and second only to Thragg.

carver9
The Thor lowballing is sick. The Marvel lowballing period in this thread is sickening.

CadenceV2
That female Viltrumite broke Allen's arm, and seemed to be doing most of the damage to Thragg. I bet she's stronger then Omni, and second only to Thragg.

She is one of the top 4 Viltrumites to be sure.

abhilegend
Originally posted by krisblaze
^Moving at Lightspeeds while fighting at normal speed is not the same as moving at light speeds while throwing attacks at light speed.

You'll never see a feat where someone is explicitly stated to throw punches at lightspeed, and not just move at lightspeed...

Thor chasing and catching Hermes (whom the others could not see because they did not have light-speed reactions) is the closest you'll come.
That Thor-Hermes scene is wildly out of context. Thor could see Hermes because he was a god and others weren't. In fact Thor was totally unable to tag Hermes even once when he was hitting trees only. Later on Monica was actually outracing Hermes saying he was too slow compared to her.

krisblaze
That Thor-Hermes scene is wildly out of context. Thor could see Hermes because he was a god and others weren't. In fact Thor was totally unable to tag Hermes even once when he was hitting trees only. Later on Monica was actually outracing Hermes saying he was too slow compared to her.

He grabbed him eventually no expression

abhilegend
When Hermes was in Olympus cruising along unaware that Thor was there and Thor grabbed his ankle from behind? Golly gee, that's so fast.

no expression

That scene just showcases how Thor is unable to hit a speedster.

abhilegend
For anybody interested here is how fast Hermes was stated to be in that comic. "Moving almost too fast for human eyes to see."

http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/19735472_AvengersV1281-15.jpg

He sure seemed lightspeed there.

And then there is Thor unable to land a single hit on Hermes.

http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/19735473_CatchesHermes.jpg

And then he grabs Hermes' heel when Hermes was just cruising along unaware that Thor was even there. From behind.

http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/19735474_CatchesHermes.jpg

It wasn't due to Thor possessing extraordinary speed that he was able to see Hermes, it was due to his godly nature. What this example shows that seeing=/=able to react. Heck, even human Captain Marvel was able to transform into light faster than Hermes could react.

erm

Epicurus
Thor could see Hermes because he was a god and others weren't.
This statement is directly contradicted by your own scan in which Captain Marvel chides him, then blasts him.
For anybody interested here is how fast Hermes was stated to be in that comic. "Moving almost too fast for human eyes to see."

http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/19735472_AvengersV1281-15.jpg

He sure seemed lightspeed there.

And then there is Thor unable to land a single hit on Hermes.

http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/19735473_CatchesHermes.jpg

And then he grabs Hermes' heel when Hermes was just cruising along unaware that Thor was even there. From behind.

http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/19735474_CatchesHermes.jpg

It wasn't due to Thor possessing extraordinary speed that he was able to see Hermes, it was due to his godly nature. What this example shows that seeing=/=able to react. Heck, even human Captain Marvel was able to transform into light faster than Hermes could react.

erm
Hermes wasn't "reacting" to Captain Marvel. Transforming into light is a whole different ball-game as opposed to tagging someone moving at superspeed.

None of your scans actually disprove Thor catching Hermes, and the claim that Thor's feat is dependent on his "godly nature" is an entirely made-up one.

abhilegend
This statement is directly contradicted by your own scan in which Captain Marvel chides him, then blasts him.

Hermes wasn't "reacting" to Captain Marvel. Transforming into light is a whole different ball-game as opposed to tagging someone moving at superspeed.

None of your scans actually disprove Thor catching Hermes, and the claim that Thor's feat is dependent on his "godly nature" is an entirely made-up one.
Really? That's why in one case Captain Marvel can't even see Hermes and then in another is actually faster than him?

And Thor said it that "No human eyes could". That doesn't mean he is saying he is fast or something, just that no human eyes could see Hermes at that point.

Or the alternative is that Hermes is faster than Monica to the point that she can't even see him. But Thor is somehow faster than Monica who can see him. Which turns out to be false in the very same comic. Heck, a human nurse saw him while he was spiriting Hercules away, random people on street saw him while he was fighting Avengers and everything in between.

Long story short, its not a speed feat at all. Instead it shows how Thor can't hit a speedster who "moves almost too fast for human eyes to see." and "reacts almost as fast as human monica" as per narration itself.

Epicurus
Really? That's why in one case Captain Marvel can't even see Hermes and then in another is actually faster than him?

And Thor said it that "No human eyes could". That doesn't mean he is saying he is fast or something, just that no human eyes could see Hermes at that point.

Or the alternative is that Hermes is faster than Monica to the point that she can't even see him. But Thor is somehow faster than Monica who can see him. Which turns out to be false in the very same comic. Heck, a human nurse saw him while he was spiriting Hercules away, random people on street saw him while he was fighting Avengers and everything in between.

Long story short, its not a speed feat at all. Instead it shows how Thor can't hit a speedster who "moves almost too fast for human eyes to see." and "reacts almost as fast as human monica" as per narration itself.
But she does see him when she blasts him. Your own scan clearly depicts that.

No human eyes could see is a loaded phrase, which doesn't necessarily mean that Hermes was magically cloaked like a Yautja Predator from the other Avengers. From the way I see it, it appears more like Thor meant that only a god could have the sufficiently advanced perception/processing capability to visualize someone operating at that speed. But either ways, saying that Hermes has some god-made cloaking ability is patently incorrect seeing how Marvel chides him before blasting him away.

Monica outruns him by turning into light. Which isn't the same thing as actually speeding up.

No, that's your own take on the feat. There is literally nothing in any of the scans you posted which suggests that Thor relied on some special circumstance to grab him, instead of just tagging a guy who's very fast. TBH, this almost seems like some of those bait-the-Thor-fan attempts you made at "debunking" Thor's feats in the Debunking thread.

celeyhyga17

No human eyes could see is a loaded phrase, which doesn't necessarily mean that Hermes was magically cloaked like a Yautja Predator from the other Avengers. From the way I see it, it appears more like Thor meant that only a god could have the sufficiently advanced perception/processing capability to visualize someone operating at that speed. But either ways, saying that Hermes has some god-made cloaking ability is patently incorrect seeing how Marvel chides him before blasting him away.

Monica outruns him by turning into light. Which isn't the same thing as actually speeding up.

No, that's your own take on the feat. There is literally nothing in any of the scans you posted which suggests that Thor relied on some special circumstance to grab him, instead of just tagging a guy who's very fast. TBH, this almost seems like some of those bait-the-Thor-fan attempts you made at "debunking" Thor's feats in the Debunking thread.
What he left out was the page before Thor chased Hermes into the park. Thor spotted him from across the street through the hospital window Hercules was supposed to be in. If anything it showed Thor's keen eyesight(well compared to mortals as he said)and his ability to track folks moving in super speed. Nothing more, nothing less.

Yes he still was late in tagging Hermes when he finally got close to him, but Thor was inside the hospital room which was still from across the street and he had to come at him from there.

LordofBrooklyn
BUMP

abhilegend
I don't know how I forgot this.

So, the claim that she couldn't see him is contradicted in the very same comic. And she did see him running just before she turned into light. And she beat him while Thor couldn't even touch Hermes. It either shows thor's perceptions are exponentially better than his actual reaction speed or that Hermes was cloaked from mortal eyes. Its like having your cake and eat it too.

It absolutely does. In one scene Monica couldn't even see him and then suddenly she could and actually outreact him.

She outreacted him as a human too when she turned into light as narration states it.

That's only explanation of the scene. Maybe you need writer to spoon feed everything, but I don't. And why would I do anything "debunking" here? Thor is outright shown to be unable to even tag someone who could "run almost too fast for eyes" and sub light speed? Now Thor fan can say that Thor would be able to see Superman while he would beat the shit out of him at superspeed at least.Originally posted by celeyhyga17
What he left out was the page before Thor chased Hermes into the park. Thor spotted him from across the street through the hospital window Hercules was supposed to be in. If anything it showed Thor's keen eyesight(well compared to mortals as he said)and his ability to track folks moving in super speed. Nothing more, nothing less.

Yes he still was late in tagging Hermes when he finally got close to him, but Thor was inside the hospital room which was still from across the street and he had to come at him from there.
That's some funny twisting of the scene.

You are absolutely hilarious though, I'll give you that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.