RIP Robin Williams

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard
Just heard, apparently Williams' was found dead at his Tiburon California house. Rumors are it was a suicide.

Time Immemorial
I hope this is a joke, but the news has said Robin Williams has died..

Robtard
Already made the thread in the GDF. Seems it's not and it might be a suicide

Firefly218
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/08/11/robin-williams-dead-at-63/

RIP.

He will always be remembered.

Lestov16
So devastating. Man was a legend. RIP

marwash22
rip. he was great.

NemeBro
Well my day's pretty much ruined.

Robtard
Yeah, saw him live in San Francisco about 2 years ago, he was hilarious and seemingly not a pompous ass, he spoke with us for a few moments while he smoked outside.

Sucks the last we get of him is Night at the Museum 3.

NemeBro
I can't stop thinking about the ****ing Legend of Zelda commercial he did with his daughter. Goddammit.

marwash22
there's already 2 other threads for this in sections of the forum that make sense, how about we make this one about which of his movie we like so it doesn't get closed or moved.

Inhuman
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5670050

dadudemon
Tis a shame. He was on my list of people to visit.

Tis a damn shame. ****.

Inhuman

marwash22
Jumanji and Mrs. Doubtfire are the two my sibs and i watched A LOT when we were kids.

Impediment
The Birdcage is in my Top 10 comedies list.

It sucks he committed suicide. Suicide doesn't end the pain; it passes it to someone else.

RIP and thanks for the laughs.

Impediment
I also fixed the title.

NemeBro
He'll always be the Genie to me.

Robtard
Originally posted by Impediment
The Birdcage is in my Top 10 comedies list.

http://de.web.img3.acsta.net/r_640_600/b_1_d6d6d6/medias/nmedia/18/64/75/59/18901821.jpg

thumb up

Firefly218
He was about to reprise his role for a Mrs. Doubtfire sequel.

Now the last movie we'll see him in is Night of the Living Museum 3.

I concur with person above me, he'll always be the Genie.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by NemeBro
Well my day's pretty much ruined.
This. This is a pretty ****ing bad feel, man.

Robtard
The World According to Garp (1982) for me. It's one of my favorites and my favorite of his.

Aladdin prob comes in second.

ScreamPaste
Peter Pan. I loved Hook as a kid.

Lord Lucien
Patch Adams. I cyr evrtim.

Impediment
The Birdcage.

Firefly218
Remembering his line from Dead Poet's Society, I think

"Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem".

I really hope it wasn't suicide at least.

Impediment
All existing threads have been merged here in the proper forum.

RaventheOnly
Absolutely terrible sad Anything he was in or was a part of increased in quality one hundred fold sad I have not often been phased by a celebrities passing. This one is beyond me. There are just those type of people who you never want to let go because the void they would bring is beyond comprehension. Robin Williams is one of them.

LeonBuco666
Devastated

Kharhmah
Originally posted by RaventheOnly
Absolutely terrible sad Anything he was in or was a part of increased in quality one hundred fold sad I have not often been phased by a celebrities passing. This one is beyond me. There are just those type of people who you never want to let go because the void they would bring is beyond comprehension. Robin Williams is one of them.
I second this 100%.

OnslaughtKILLS
I feel like I lost a friend :-(

Oneness
jiyIcz7wUH0

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
Already made the thread in the GDF. Seems it's not and it might be a suicide

Too sad...price of Hollywood these days it seems.

LeonBuco666
Man this is devastating....Robin ****in' Williams.......****.

I guess he knows what dreams may come then...****.

Time Immemorial
I still don't believe this.

Kharhmah
Same. Major denial.

BruceSkywalker
Good Morning, Vietnam..

Dead Poets Society..

Mrs. Doubtfire ..

the episode of law and order svu

riv6672
Originally posted by OnslaughtKILLS
I feel like I lost a friend :-(
RIP

LeonBuco666
Someone else has said it, but if he had died naturally, or died in a way he couldn't control it would havs been easiee to take. The fact he killed himself makes it worse, broke my heart...

I cant believe it. Rip Robin

AsbestosFlaygon
I feel like a part of me just died.

LeonBuco666
I think we all agree its tims to revisit some of his movies.

Mindship
Shazbot.

Godspeed, Mr. Williams. Now you know, what dreams may come.

Bashar Teg
prepare your feels

http://imgur.com/gallery/zJlHSlA

LeonBuco666
Its the subtle shit that makes me cry when it comes to stuff like this....

Its the same with Hoffman when that dude tweeted "Perhaps we'll see you again sometime dude" - A now tender line from Hoffman from The Big Lebowski

Seen another one for Robin before, The Academy tweeted a pic of Aladdin & The Genie and simply put "Genie, You're Free."

Just writing that turned on the waterworks, damn.

And remember, sucide IS a permanent solution to a temporary problem...Nanu Nanu and and sleep easy Mr Williams.

LeonBuco666
http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a523/leonbuco/Mobile%20Uploads/zJlHSlA_zps9cffd96d.jpg

Time Immemorial
Man I really liked him. I got tears in my eyes..He made be believe a boy could fly in Peter Pan's Hook, that was one of my favorite films of all time as a kid.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a523/leonbuco/Mobile%20Uploads/zJlHSlA_zps9cffd96d.jpg

i...like...just posted that

P-Geyser
R.I.P Mr. Williams. Thank you for all the great work and your comedic genius that you have given us. You will always be missed and remembered. R.I.P.

Stoic
Just heard about the news.

RIP Robin Williams you'll be missed.

Lexington
R.I.P. - Feels like I lost a close friend

Time Immemorial
I just don't get it, married with 3 kids. A wonderful career, wealthy, very funny. Why did he have to go.

Time Immemorial
Robin and Lance, he was a true friend.
http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2014/08/11/robin-williams-death-lance-armstrong-reaction

wilco
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
I just don't get it, married with 3 kids. A wonderful career, wealthy, very funny. Why did he have to go.

You can see a broken arm, but, with the depression you can't. Also, he was a recovering alcoholic & also drugs.

I best Movie ever is Good Will Hunting. Better the Godfather, Million Dollar Baby, so on & so on.

Hopefully Robin will have Peace now.

AsbestosFlaygon
Bad things happen to good people.
Happens all the time.

The only reason I can think of is maybe he had realized that life isn't as funny as he portrays it to be.
You know, that life is miserable in reality.

The drugs, alcoholism, philanthropy work, and other personal problems might've worsened his depression, 'til he couldn't take it anymore.

I've suffered from severe depression before.
Took more than a year for me to recover.
Was forced to stop college for a while and recover from home. It was a nightmare. Can't imagine what RW went through.

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
i...like...just posted that

Erm...it was...erm...just one of those moments...i actually saved it from you and then reposted it....i should lay off the weed.

I apologise.

LeonBuco666
Still cang get my head around it

socool8520
Man this sucks. He was a funny guy and supposedly really cool and un-hollywood. It's a shame he couldn't get out of his depression.

Dude111
Yes this is very sad sad

LeonBuco666
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SJUhlRoBL8M

These are the song ive been listening to since finding out, Jesus Robin, Nanu did you do it for! :'(

Time Immemorial
Did anyone watch 20/20 on the death and life of Robin Williams last night?

LeonBuco666
Did anyone watch 20/20 on the death and life of Robin Williams last night? I would have but I am in the UK so i dont think it was broadcast over here, its probably will be though at some point...

Robtard

LeonBuco666
I have heard people call him a "weak junkie"

Firefly218

vansonbee
Marriage divorces can be such a ***** in life, especially for men. It looks like Robin Williams didn't have a good childhood either... RIP
diyuAXzN7yo

LeonBuco666
The only 2 people ill cry for (who I dont know) will be Eminem & Jim Carrey.

Ill admit I did shed a tear for Paul Walker and Robin, but thats it....lifes so depressing.

golem370
I was a huge fan of Robin I had tears last night watching tributes and condolences on TV last night What a great Actor, Comedian and imo singer what a loss.

Galan007
not a versus thread. reported. thumb up

Branlor Swift
So Robin is already dead in this thread? Who's he fighting here? A belt?

Galan007
still a spite thread.

belt>doubtfire. thumb up

DarkSaint85
At least the Vietnamese people can finally sleep.

golem370
I am surprised that of yours guys comments I know this is not a comic vs thread but I figured I bring up in his sad news but I quess being serious for a moment is beyond you guys.

celeyhyga17
We know it's sad, but it really doesn't belong in this forum s'all...

carver9
Originally posted by golem370
I am surprised that of yours guys comments I know this is not a comic vs thread but I figured I bring up in his sad news but I quess being serious for a moment is beyond you guys.

Sorry to hear about that. He was a great actor imo and I'm pretty sure it touched a lot of people. Didn't know about it until you brought it up here. Thanks for the info. What was the cause of his death?

Galan007
Originally posted by golem370
I am surprised that of yours guys comments I know this is not a comic vs thread but I figured I bring up in his sad news but I quess being serious for a moment is beyond you guys. thumb up

golem370
Its not the first time a thread wasn't about vs but something real. He hanged himself.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by carver9
Sorry to hear about that. He was a great actor imo and I'm pretty sure it touched a lot of people. Didn't know about it until you brought it up here. Thanks for the info. What was the cause of his death?

thumb up

Never mind those trying to be funny and act cool by mocking him. it's just embarrassing and unecessary. E-coolness and e-rep suck anyway.

Golgo13
RIP Williams.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by carver9
Sorry to hear about that. He was a great actor imo and I'm pretty sure it touched a lot of people. Didn't know about it until you brought it up here. Thanks for the info. What was the cause of his death? He choked himself with a belt.

carver9
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
thumb up

Never mind those trying to be funny and act cool by mocking him. it's just embarrassing and unecessary. E-coolness and e-rep suck anyway.

thumb up

I agree 100% with this. If you didn't like his thread, don't post in it. Hate stuff like that.

I just looked it up by the way Golem and what you said is correct. Wonder why they didn't broadcast it the way it should've been brought up. It's not like he was a one hit wonder. The guy was famous.

carver9
Originally posted by Zack Fair
He choked himself with a belt.

That's crazy. Did they explain why he would do something like that?

Galan007
depression.

Impediment
Lewis Black is on a rampage for what Rush Limbaugh is saying about Robin's suicide.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/08/13/lewis-black-blasts-rush-limbaugh-over-cruel-and-stupid-comments-on-robin-williams/

Impediment
I merged another duplicate thread from the CBVF with this one.

LeonBuco666
Just found out, he hanged himself with a belt AFTER attempting to slash his wrists....

**** lifes a piece of shit

Fallschirmjäger

SamZED
A great loss. R.I.P.

AsbestosFlaygon

LeonBuco666
Rush ****in" Limbaugh...what a ****in' cvnt.

LeonBuco666
I wonder what chairs think about all day?

LeonBuco666
People on twitter creating fake pics of Robins body, and posting them all over the web for his family to see...why? I mean, what person could get a kick out of something like that...sickening.

The internet is mankinds single greatest creation, but also its most horrific.

Kamahamaha
Originally posted by Firefly218
Remembering his line from Dead Poet's Society, I think

"Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem".

I really hope it wasn't suicide at least.

Unless you have Parkinson's, Cancer or some other terminal illness or unless you can't take the pain your life has been, or you want to protect others from you or something you continued life will bring on them, or you have a cause you believe in more than life like protecting your family friends. You know narratives can be simplistic in films.

Robtard

Time Immemorial
This is prolly the main factor in his decision.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/08/14/robin-williams-wife-reveals-was-struggling-with-parkinsons-disease/

LeonBuco666
believe it or not, each and every one of us in this room is one day going to stop breathing, turn cold and die.

One of Robin's first lines in Dead Poets Society...watching it now he is gone, makes me feel weird.

Prerogative
RIP MANA
I LOVE his works!
I Remember Jumanji!!!

popoyez
i feel very sad, when i listen about his death. he was a very good personality in my view.

Time Immemorial
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2838262/Parkinson-s-dementia-strike-Reports-suggest-Robin-Williams-suffered-cruel-double-blow.html

Well I don't blame him.

Knifer
Just watch his last movie, Merry Friggin Christmas, not really a good movie but at least I am quite entertained by his performance sad

Time Immemorial
I still miss this guy.

Rip

jinXed by JaNx
I don't miss him but i miss being able to watch his movies.

Time-Immemorial
Still miss you man

Surtur
I liked him as an actor, but I also think suicide is an incredibly selfish act and nobody wants to seem to talk about it.

Well it's been a year, so I will say it: suicide is a shitty thing to do. You leave people behind, you leave people wondering what they could of done differently, what they could of said differently, you leave people blaming themselves for not seeing it sooner.

I will never give condolences to a person who took their own life. Not when there are so many people out there who were robbed of a life and yet you have people throwing their own lives away. Maybe I'm just this way because I've known people who had killed themselves, but it just pisses me off to even think about it.

So to Lewis Black: what Rush said was cruel. But you know what? It is nowhere near as cruel as what Robin did to his own family. But that isn't the type of truth people like to hear.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Surtur
I liked him as an actor, but I also think suicide is an incredibly selfish act and nobody wants to seem to talk about it.

Well it's been a year, so I will say it: suicide is a shitty thing to do. You leave people behind, you leave people wondering what they could of done differently, what they could of said differently, you leave people blaming themselves for not seeing it sooner.

I will never give condolences to a person who took their own life. Not when there are so many people out there who were robbed of a life and yet you have people throwing their own lives away. Maybe I'm just this way because I've known people who had killed themselves, but it just pisses me off to even think about it.

So to Lewis Black: what Rush said was cruel. But you know what? It is nowhere near as cruel as what Robin did to his own family. But that isn't the type of truth people like to hear. Agree completely. There are always ways of dealing with depression.

Jmanghan
And, this is gonna sound even more ****ed up, but I'm saying it.

What does he have to be depressed about? He had a loving family, friends, lots of money, a big house, and extravagant lifestyle.

Time-Immemorial

So to Lewis Black: what Rush said was cruel. But you know what? It is nowhere near as cruel as what Robin did to his own family. But that isn't the type of truth people like to hear.

He was diagnosed with Lewy Body Dementia and parkinson ..How is it selfish to go out the way you want, instead of forgetting everything and everyone you know and twitching your way into the grave?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
He was diagnosed with Lewy Body Dementia and parkinson ..How is it selfish to go out the way you want, instead of forgetting everything and everyone you know and twitching your way into the grave? Because thats not why he did it.

The Ecks
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Because thats not why he did it.
thumb up agreed

Time-Immemorial
I disagree

Surtur
It's still selfish because you know what? If you want to die because of a god damn disease then you give your family a chance to say goodbye at least. You don't just off yourself.

Should everyone out there with these diseases just kill themselves then? Guess we never will get anymore Back to the Future films then, see ya Mikey.

Scribble

Surtur
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
He was diagnosed with Lewy Body Dementia and parkinson ..How is it selfish to go out the way you want, instead of forgetting everything and everyone you know and twitching your way into the grave?

Also wait aren't you a Christian? So doesn't that mean you believe Robin will be going to hell for taking his own life? Or..wherever the suicidal people end up? Since I'm pretty sure it is not heaven.

Also now rewatching the movie "What Dreams May Come" is going to be all kinds of eerie.

StiltmanFTW
facepalm

Time-Immemorial
Also wait aren't you a Christian? So doesn't that mean you believe Robin will be going to hell for taking his own life? Or..wherever the suicidal people end up? Since I'm pretty sure it is not heaven.

Also now rewatching the movie "What Dreams May Come" is going to be all kinds of eerie.

It never says anywhere in the bible you are going to hell for suicide.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.