DCNU Martian Manhunter VS Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
DCNU Martian Manhunter

VS

Gladiator

Manhunter or Mohawk?

Zack Fair
They find a way to simultaneously job each other out, stalemate and somehow come out looking like ****.

carver9
Martian Manhunter wins via mind attack.

Reflassshh
Originally posted by carver9
Martian Manhunter wins via mind attack. But thanus was afraid of gladiator!!!!

carver9
Originally posted by Reflassshh
But thanus was afraid of gladiator!!!!

What does that have to do with MM winning via mindrape? I guess an argument can be made since Thanos is a telepath as well and he was still afraid to face Gladiator. So Thanos might know something I don't know.

zopzop
What does that have to do with MM winning via mindrape? I guess an argument can be made since Thanos is a telepath as well and he was still afraid to face Gladiator. So Thanos might know something I don't know.
You know, all kidding aside, you may be on to something.

Starlin has written Thanos mindraping or attempting to mindrape characters before (Maker being the most famous example), why didn't he mindrape that 'annoyance' Gladiator? Unless Gladiator's psi defenses were too strong and BFRing him was the faster option.

Zack Fair
Has Gladiator had any TP showings..ever? he is bound to have some given he appears in xbooks.

Branlor Swift
Gladiator got mind raped by Xavier in the same arc Gambit knocked him out. Cass Nova literally made him pee himself. Young Jean was using tp/tk to fight him which ended in a double Ko. Probably others I've forgotten.

Also lol at why didn't Thanos mind rape him? Why didn't Thanos blast him is the real question. All signs point to a one shot. It wasn't some secret resistance. It was just giving hype to one of the biggest punching bags in comics.

abhilegend
Originally posted by zopzop
You know, all kidding aside, you may be on to something.

Starlin has written Thanos mindraping or attempting to mindrape characters before (Maker being the most famous example), why didn't he mindrape that 'annoyance' Gladiator? Unless Gladiator's psi defenses were too strong and BFRing him was the faster option.
That was Giffen who had Thanos mindrape Maker.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Gladiator got mind raped by Xavier in the same arc Gambit knocked him out. Cass Nova literally made him pee himself. Young Jean was using tp/tk to fight him which ended in a double Ko. Probably others I've forgotten.

Wow.

Delta1938
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
DCNU Martian Manhunter

VS

Gladiator

Manhunter or Mohawk?

Manhunter has my vote because mohawks make me want to punch the owner in their stupid faces before throwing hot coffee in it.

eaebiakuya
Gladiator even tag someone intangible ?

I think Manhunter wins this. And i dont think Thanos could one shot Gladiator. Beat him with few punches, ok. But i dont remember Thanos one shotting High Heralds.

leonidas

Also lol at why didn't Thanos mind rape him? Why didn't Thanos blast him is the real question. All signs point to a one shot. It wasn't some secret resistance. It was just giving hype to one of the biggest punching bags in comics.

yeah, glad's history vs psi characters is NOT very good to say the least. laughing out loud that scene where cassie made him pee himself was brilliant. the recent showing with jean was a good showing for her. rachel also did pretty well against him with just a sliver of the pf.

jonn would make short work of him. even without tp jonn would take him imo for a majority.

maxivitopowe
Young Jean was using tp/tk to fight him which ended in a double Ko.

Don't remember the double KO

And Jean wasn't using active TP, out was more in line with a psionic suit along the lines off Psylocke's knife or Quentin's shotgun/blunderbuss

krisblaze

Adult Jean couldn't touch Gladiator with her telepathy though.

Nova was just too extreme.

It's also debatable whether or not Nova actually mindraped him, as the Star Destroyer Lilandra had been on was exploding in the back. That might've been enough to demoralize him.

It probably was telepathy though...but yeah...circumstances.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by maxivitopowe

And Jean wasn't using active TP, out was more in line with a psionic suit along the lines off Psylocke's knife or Quentin's shotgun/blunderbuss Here's the relevant scans in chronological order to answer all your questions.
http://i61.tinypic.com/28gur0z.jpg
http://i62.tinypic.com/34xq3k9.jpg
http://i62.tinypic.com/k1b674.jpg

Maybe it was basic blasts, but it was telepathy that got her there. Which seemed relevant to bring up.

Originally posted by krisblaze
Adult Jean couldn't touch Gladiator with her telepathy though.

Nova was just too extreme.

It's also debatable whether or not Nova actually mindraped him, as the Star Destroyer Lilandra had been on was exploding in the back. That might've been enough to demoralize him.

It probably was telepathy though...but yeah...circumstances. He could feel her testing his mind armor. When she just begun. That doesn't mean he could withstand her for long.

He pissed his pants and laid on the ground. I should hope he got mindraped otherwise that's just pathetic. Well... more pathetic.

carver9
Originally posted by maxivitopowe

And Jean wasn't using active TP, out was more in line with a psionic suit along the lines off Psylocke's knife or Quentin's shotgun/blunderbuss

Before any of that happened, Jean was TAKING everyone's psychic powers, the same stuff that fuels Gladiator powers, make him what he is, so it's a HUGE possibility he was weakened.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Screenshot_2014-08-12-12-16-06_zps3f90ef0b.png.html

maxivitopowe
Thanks for the scans

krisblaze
He could feel her testing his mind armor. When she just begun. That doesn't mean he could withstand her for long.

He pissed his pants and laid on the ground. I should hope he got mindraped otherwise that's just pathetic. Well... more pathetic.
I was just given the impression that their shields were too strong for Jean, with her having to escrima the shit out of this other guardian.

Then again the Cuckoos got past Oracle's shields no problem so what the hell, Glads probably got TP'd.

DarkSaint85
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/103530/2723325-6.png

Bwahaha. Ownage, pure and simple.

Though, would MM be that much of a bastard?

Zack Fair
LMAO

Estacado
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/103530/2723325-6.png

Bwahaha. Ownage, pure and simple.

Though, would MM be that much of a bastard?
biscuits

Prof. T.C McAbe
MM, stronger, most likely as fast, shapechanging, intangibility, one of the strongest TP. Mm wins 8/10.

eaebiakuya
Well,i think Gladiator dont even have a way to hit MM while he is phasing.

MM wins.

quanchi112
Gladiator wins.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by quanchi112
Gladiator wins.

Prove it!

Stoic
Prove it!

Would MM beat Superman?

Golgo13
The Martian.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Stoic
Would MM beat Superman?
There's already a thread for that.
smile

quanchi112
Prove it! Punches him out and has far better hand to hand combat skills.

Stoic
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
There's already a thread for that.
smile

Well fighting Gladiator would be just like fighting Superman, except for Kallark being a bit more hot headed, and less powerful if Superman sun dives. That was the point to the question. So if he can beat Superman, he can beat Gladiator. Why? Nearly identical power sets.

Golgo13
Well fighting Gladiator would be just like fighting Superman, except for Kallark being a bit more hot headed, and less powerful if Superman sun dives. That was the point to the question. So if he can beat Superman, he can beat Gladiator. Why? Nearly identical power sets.

If he uses his powers (TP, intangiblity, morphing, etc...) than yes. In Stormwatch, he easily tanked Apollo's attacks, while morphing into something more powerful.

dial J for Josh
Martian Manhunter wins via mind attack.

Carver doesn't believe this. He is just saying this to save face.

quanchi112
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
Carver doesn't believe this. He is just saying this to save face. He is abandoning Gladiator.

Prof. T.C McAbe

Gladiator is just a pale imitation of someone bigger, better. He was never on Kals level and will never be. Kryptonians are also blessed with the same power sets, yet they are outshined by Superman most of the time.

Rao Kal El
The problem with gladiator and mmh is that on paper they should be top tiers But both have performance issues, at least mmh does not get treated as bad as Gladiator.

Sad but true

Being a second rate superman on the enemy camp really hurts him

carver9
SMH. Why is Superman even mentioned in this thread? GOD.

Prof. T.C McAbe

Ask stoic.

Rao Kal El

'Cuz he is AWESOME dude! thumb up stick out tongue

LordofBrooklyn
Punches him out and has far better hand to hand combat skills.

When has The Mohawk punched intangible objects?

How would you rate Kallark's psionic resistance?

Martian Manhunter is an omega level psionic and would annihilate Gladiator's psyche.

LordofBrooklyn

LIES!

Clark outpaces Gladiator by a full tier.

GET AT ME GLADIATORS!

P.S. ODG, come out from hiding if you have the guts!

quanchi112
LIES!

Clark outpaces Gladiator by a full tier.

GET AT ME GLADIATORS!

P.S. ODG, come out from hiding if you have the guts! Based on ?

LordofBrooklyn
Based on ?

CANON, of which you are sorely ignorant.

Strength- Superman> Gladiator

Psionic Resistance- Superman> Gladiator

Speed- Superman> Gladiator

quanchi112
CANON, of which you are sorely ignorant.

Strength- Superman> Gladiator

Psionic Resistance- Superman> Gladiator

Speed- Superman> Gladiator Putting a > isn't proving anything.

laughing out loud

Stoic
Putting a > isn't proving anything.

laughing out loud

Exactly. People tend to harp on other characters a lot when they get hurt or flat out stomped, but at the same time let's forget about all of the times that this has happened to Superman. When Grodd TP raped him, there was an excuse, when the Predator physically KO'd him, there was an excuse, When Konvikt one shot KO'd him, there was an excuse. Darkseid's most recent run in on him, which turned into an A+ mugging, there was an excuse. There is always an excuse for Superman being laid out, but none for any of the other characters that are occasionally stomped.

J'onn panics to the point of shitting in his tight ass Daisy dukes the minute he is close to flames. What would Gladiator do with knowledge like that? Hmmm, I wonder?

LordofBrooklyn
Putting a > isn't proving anything.

laughing out loud

You're right, I should've put it in red for emphasis.

The canon proves it for those with actual knowledge.

quanchi112
You're right, I should've put it in red for emphasis.

The canon proves it for those with actual knowledge. You just made claims without evidence which isn't backing your claims.

LordofBrooklyn
J'onn panics to the point of shitting in his tight ass Daisy dukes the minute he is close to flames. What would Gladiator do with knowledge like that? Hmmm, I wonder?

Kallark would burst into tears after never getting a chance to use this knowledge against Manhunter.

All of this would of course be taking place while Gladiator decides on whether Tide or Ivory detergent is the best for cleaning soiled uniforms.

quanchi112
Kallark would burst into tears after never getting a chance to use this knowledge against Manhunter.

All of this would of course be taking place while Gladiator decides on whether Tide or Ivory detergent is the best for cleaning soiled uniforms. Hv.

Stoic

All of this would of course be taking place while Gladiator decides on whether Tide or Ivory detergent is the best for cleaning soiled uniforms.

All Gladiator would need do was look at J'onn, and he would burst into flames screaming. You'd have to have problems if you didn't realize how easily Gladiator would win this.

LordofBrooklyn
You just made claims without evidence which isn't backing your claims.

Lets do it this way.

YOU name Gladiator's 5 best feats in each of the aforementioned categories. Consult with Carver of course for authenticity,

Then we can compare.

quanchi112
Lets do it this way.

YOU name Gladiator's 5 best feats in each of the aforementioned categories. Consult with Carver of course for authenticity,

Then we can compare. You made the claims so prove it.

LordofBrooklyn
All Gladiator would need do was look at J'onn, and he would burst into flames screaming. You'd have to have problems if you didn't realize how easily Gladiator would win this.

Did you explain how Gladiator will deal with J'onn's psionic abilities?

J'onn should make The Mohawk do a little dance before he knocks him out.

LordofBrooklyn
You made the claims so prove it.

PATHETIC!

Go get, Carver Prime.

quanchi112
PATHETIC!

Go get, Carver Prime. You made the claims and can't prove them outside of >>>>.

laughing out loud

Branlor Swift
Lets do it this way.

Then we can compare. Good old fashioned jobber off

Also lol at ODG being scared of lob.

DarkSaint85
Exactly. People tend to harp on other characters a lot when they get hurt or flat out stomped, but at the same time let's forget about all of the times that this has happened to Superman. When Grodd TP raped him, there was an excuse, when the Predator physically KO'd him, there was an excuse, When Konvikt one shot KO'd him, there was an excuse. Darkseid's most recent run in on him, which turned into an A+ mugging, there was an excuse. There is always an excuse for Superman being laid out, but none for any of the other characters that are occasionally stomped.

DcnU doesn't seem as bad as preboot with fire.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.