Bloodborne

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack Fair
You've all heard about it by now. Here is some gameplay footage. I like it.

_WsqQtqwP9E

Nice to see actual gameplay footage from all the reveals Sony had at their conference. No wonder they looked so...dull back then. Had they shown all these gameplay vids they would have cruhsed E3 a second year straight IMHO.

Nemesis X
We now got a confirmed release date for this on February 6th next year followed by a new trailer.

_5o8jwqKsDE

I'm surprised this thread received little activity.

NemeBro
Looks great. thumb up

0mega Spawn
Cannot wait to play this looks like dmc meets dark souls this will most certainly be a hit

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nemesis X

I'm surprised this thread received little activity.

smh....

Nemesis X
So who will be getting Bloodborne by the end of the month?

Badabing
I'll be getting Bloodborne. Then maybe I won't be so bitter about how underwhelming Dark Souls 2 is to me.

Nibedicus
Newest Bloodborne trailer.

RKptPGvUhf

Hype!

Apparently, it's even harder than Dark Souls. Combat is faster and enemies regenerate health (no more shoot-and-run!).

BruceSkywalker
this i shall be buying

Impediment
This looks completely boring to me.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Impediment
This looks completely boring to me. Out of curiosity, why? It has a horror Victorian theme, which is already on point straight off the bat. The combat is very fast and challenging, which is a plus. Its by the creators of Dark Souls/Demon Souls so the lore will be on point. Have you seen the trailer below? It got me beyond hyped.

What kills it for you?

Also, this is tonight! Anyone else preorder? The embargo lifts at 7pm tonight, so expect reviews soon.

z9kAbFa78kA

Nibedicus
Pre-ordered.

Arachnid1
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/bloodborne/critic-reviews

28 critic reviews in the last two hours

9.3/10 at the moment

And it releases here in an hour. The hype is real.

Badabing
This looks completely boring to me. There's about to be a mod war! sneergun3

Just picked up my PS4 and Bloodborne. Just waiting for all the damn updates. durhulk

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Badabing
There's about to be a mod war! sneergun3

Just picked up my PS4 and Bloodborne. Just waiting for all the damn updates. durhulk I've been playing it all day

Prepare for a pretty rough start

Badabing
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I've been playing it all day

Prepare for a pretty rough start I'm still in the rough start phase. I'm a Souls series veteran and have no problem saying I'm about clueless. These 2 large dogs keep wrecking me on a bridge. durhulk

Nibedicus
Use a rock to pull one and fight em one on one.

Arachnid1
I'm still in the rough start phase. I'm a Souls series veteran and have no problem saying I'm about clueless. These 2 large dogs keep wrecking me on a bridge. durhulk They wrecked me once and I never fought them again lol. I beat the first two bosses so far. The second is apparently one of the hardest in the game, so prepare for that. He kind of blew.

Also, master parrying early on. It will be your salvation. I didn't, so it made things much more rough than they had to be. At least till I learned.

I've never played the Souls games, but I'm picking up Dark Souls 2 remastered next week which I'm excited for

Badabing
I have to practice parrying. Right now I'm more in explore mode and checking out everything. Got wrecked by those rats in the sewer. durhulk

Nibedicus
Weapon of choice?

Cane/Bluderbuss for me!

Nemesis X
There is a giant pig in the sewers. Almost got a heart attack when I had only a sliver of health after it hit me while I was climbing a ladder.

Smasandian
I wasn't really interested in this game for various reasons. The main one is that I get frustrated fairly easy.

I have no problems playing tough games if they are fair. For instance, I enjoyed playing Super Meat Boy when it came out while I died a lot I never got annoyed with it. On the other hand, I get really annoyed when games are cheap and difficult through cheap reasons.

From what I gathered, the game is very hard but fair. The one negative is the extremely long load times (from reviews) and that would put a damper on my enjoyment. I don't mind dying if its quick and painless to reload.

So in the end,

1. Is the game cheap? Or something like Super Meat Boy where once you get a hang of it, it's gets much easier?

2. When death does occur, is it painless to reload or do you have replay long sections again?

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Smasandian
I wasn't really interested in this game for various reasons. The main one is that I get frustrated fairly easy.

I have no problems playing tough games if they are fair. For instance, I enjoyed playing Super Meat Boy when it came out while I died a lot I never got annoyed with it. On the other hand, I get really annoyed when games are cheap and difficult through cheap reasons.

From what I gathered, the game is very hard but fair. The one negative is the extremely long load times (from reviews) and that would put a damper on my enjoyment. I don't mind dying if its quick and painless to reload.

So in the end,

1. Is the game cheap? Or something like Super Meat Boy where once you get a hang of it, it's gets much easier?

2. When death does occur, is it painless to reload or do you have replay long sections again? 1. Yes

2. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Smasandian
So you do have replay long sections?

Impediment
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Out of curiosity, why? It has a horror Victorian theme, which is already on point straight off the bat. The combat is very fast and challenging, which is a plus. Its by the creators of Dark Souls/Demon Souls so the lore will be on point. Have you seen the trailer below? It got me beyond hyped.

What kills it for you?

It looks absolutely gorgeous and hauntingly brutal, but I have my reservations about the overall gameplay.

It's not that I don't have the patience and resolve to play a 60+ hour game, but I don't know enough about the story, the character development, and the progression of the plot. Also, is the protagonist completely silent? Legend of Zelda games aside, I like for my characters in modern games to have voices. It just looks to be a wandering hack & slash game.

Arachnid1
So you do have replay long sections? Sorry, I was drunk when I answered. Didn't realize it wasn't a one word answer type of question.

Yes, you have to replay sections sometimes if you die. Enemies respawn. Death is almost always the players fault though, so its on you if you screw up. The initial learning curve for this game is brutal and you will die many times till you learn. That said, it does not get easier. Each new enemy is a new learning experience and will likely kill you the first time.

It looks absolutely gorgeous and hauntingly brutal, but I have my reservations about the overall gameplay.

It's not that I don't have the patience and resolve to play a 60+ hour game, but I don't know enough about the story, the character development, and the progression of the plot. Also, is the protagonist completely silent? Legend of Zelda games aside, I like for my characters in modern games to have voices. It just looks to be a wandering hack & slash game. The protagonist is silent, yes. Agreed on voices being preferable.

ares834

It's not that I don't have the patience and resolve to play a 60+ hour game, but I don't know enough about the story, the character development, and the progression of the plot. Also, is the protagonist completely silent? Legend of Zelda games aside, I like for my characters in modern games to have voices. It just looks to be a wandering hack & slash game.

If this game is anything like Dark Souls or Demon souls then it's certainly not the game for you.

The Lost
It's heading toward being an all-time favorite, for me. It is an absolutely engrossing and incredible experience. The way you are woven into the story, as it were effortlessly a portion of the environment, is something few devs/writers can accomplish successfully.

It looks great, plays great, and is atmospherically stunning. Everything clicks in this game. It demands you to be a greater and more efficient player, while rewarding you for facing that challenge vis-a-vis.

Impediment
How is this game not a wandering hack & slash version of Destiny?

HRmIVl9N8Yk

NemeBro
It probably isn't shit?

Arachnid1
F*ck the Blood-starved Beast.

Nemesis X

For one thing, it's got personality.

Before fighting Father Gascoine, there's a kid you can optionally visit who will give you a music box that plays his dad's song. If you play it during the boss fight, Gascoine will stop and lose his shit even while in werewolf form. Once it's over, you can find the corpse of the kid's mom and take her brooch to him. He cries and later commits suicide.

And what quest does Destiny got you doing? Farming.

ares834

confused

Impediment
The Destiny reference is for repeated missions, same gameplay, wander around, kill things, boss fight, level up, repeat.

ares834
You just explained virtually every RPG ever.

KingD19
Originally posted by ares834

Except Destiny sucked ass at it because they had a shit story, silent protagonist, and the exact same thing over and over. There wasn't even any variety really.

Smasandian
Originally posted by ares834

Or any game basically.

NemeBro
The Destiny reference is for repeated missions, same gameplay, wander around, kill things, boss fight, level up, repeat. You're going to need to clean up this post if you want it to be readable.

Repeated missions like what?

Same gameplay as what?

You wander around in most games, particularly open-world games. Which Bloodborne is. What's wrong with exploration?

You kill things in most action games.

There are boss fights in most action games.

You level up in most RPGs.

Well yeah, there's not one level, or thing to kill, or place to go, or boss to kill in the game. That would be boring.

Badabing
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Weapon of choice?

Cane/Bluderbuss for me! I'm using the axe and regular gun. Not sure of the names.

That guy in the tower, who sprays bullets at you, is destroying me every time I climb up to fight him. sneer

Nemesis X
That guy in the tower, who sprays bullets at you, is destroying me every time I climb up to fight him. sneer

You just gotta trick him into falling off one of the ledges when he charges. If you needed to scavenge something off him, you're gonna have to go back to the Hunter's Dream and then go back to Old Yharnam. The guy will not spawn back (thank god) but whatever he had will reappear back at the top of the tower.

edit - Oh, right, it's one of those hunter badges. Had to check my inventory.

Badabing
You just gotta trick him into falling off one of the ledges when he charges. If you needed to scavenge something off him, you're gonna have to go back to the Hunter's Dream and then go back to Old Yharnam. The guy will not spawn back (thank god) but whatever he had will reappear back at the top of the tower.

edit - Oh, right, it's one of those hunter badges. Had to check my inventory. Thanks man. I'll give it a try. I don't like cheesing in my first play through, but I don't feel like grinding to level up just to beat an NPC. thumb up

To any fans of the Souls series: What do you think of Bloodborne?

Nemesis X
It wasn't even my intention for that to happen mind you haermm

ares834
Hype too strong. Just picked up a PS4 and Bloodborne...

Badabing
It wasn't even my intention for that to happen mind you haermm I got a critical on that guy, did 238 damage, and it barely brought his health down. So I cheesed him off the tower ftw. thumb up

Now I'm trying to figure out where to go. Originally posted by ares834
Hype too strong. Just picked up a PS4 and Bloodborne... Join the club. thumb up

cdtm

So in the end,

2. When death does occur, is it painless to reload or do you have replay long sections again?

I don't know, rogue likes are all about cheap deaths. Rather enjoyed FTL, for all 800 cheap deaths it threw at me. smile

StyleTime
I tried my brother's copy last night, and I enjoyed the Souls series. I don't think this is my cup o' tea though. This game felt a little easy for some reason. The fifty billion blood vials and the health regain system is very forgiving. I don't mind the idea of an offensive melee based system, but the combat just got boring and the enemies are idiots.

Definitely made me long for some magic to spice things up. The axe is totally badass though.

Arachnid1
Thanks man. I'll give it a try. I don't like cheesing in my first play through, but I don't feel like grinding to level up just to beat an NPC. thumb up

To any fans of the Souls series: What do you think of Bloodborne? You don't even have to trick him to fall off either. The second you get up to the rooftop, get right up to him while he's still close to his minigun at the edge. Then just melee him a few times till he falls off. Super easy

Nemesis X
PVP is bullcrap. I invade a world and the hunter I'm chasing has a co-op partner. Most I've been fighting have co-op partners and they keep interrupting our duels. It's very unsporting.

The Lost
Thanks man. I'll give it a try. I don't like cheesing in my first play through, but I don't feel like grinding to level up just to beat an NPC. thumb up

To any fans of the Souls series: What do you think of Bloodborne?

As someone who has played every Souls title quite thoroughly, I think Bloodborne is definitely From's magnum opus. It's amazing. Truly. It's great if you love a genuine challenge and is even better if you love Souls games. Also, it's atmosphere and environment? Stunning.

It lands on my top ten all-time list with utter ease.

It's not a game that's for everyone, particularly due to From's games being notoriously difficult. However, you can learn and you will get better as you play. No game feels more rewarding when overcoming bosses.

Your complaint is that you wander around (so movement, basically), "kill things", boss fights are there, and leveling?

I don't understand. These complaints seem desperate and completely lacking and bear no reasonable criticisms. These are features in nearly every game ever. Seriously, boss fights? Killing? Come on now.

Also, this game plays a lot like a Souls game (Except everything is better somehow). Destiny came well after those titles. The comparison is completely off.

TheGoldenSpy
For me, this is the greatest game on the ps4 period. And it may take a place in my top 10 favorite games of all time. And I've player ALOT of games.

Nephthys
I'm so pissed I can't play this myself. sad

Rezactic
Bloodborne on Xbox One

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt_QZ8mkpW0

BruceSkywalker
im buying this soon, how many levels are there

Nemesis X
There are no levels. Bloodborne is open world.

Nemesis X
Anyone know where to go after killing the Witch of Hemwick? I am completely stuck wandering the same areas with no idea where to head next.

BackFire
I just got this game and despite being terrible at it, and never having played a Souls game before, and not really knowing what the hell I'm doing, I'm having fun.

Tzeentch
Sounds like the first time I did anal. thumb up

Nibedicus
Anyone know where to go after killing the Witch of Hemwick? I am completely stuck wandering the same areas with no idea where to head next.

Have you killed Vicar Amelia yet? If so, head back to the cathedral ward, go to the left exit heading out, go up the steps where you use that 10k thing you buy to open the gate, then turn right thru the two giants in that rotunda, you'll see a door which requires a codeword (you get it from the Vicar Amelia boss area). This will lead you to the forbidden forest.

Branlor Swift
I got the platinum trophy for it and I think I'm done with the game for a while. Hell, I could have gotten the Platinum trophy over a week ago but the Chalice Dungeons completely turned me off the game. Actually could have gotten it a couple weeks ago but I took a break after beating it.

It's not even about the dungeons being so boring looking either (though that's a factor), it was about having to do others ones just so I could get material. The Red Jelly really pissed me off. As did having to grind out ritual blood 5 after getting the Red Jelly.

Other than that the game was good. NGplus is easy as shit. New Game was hard via being different than Souls.
I only got invaded 3 times in my playthroughs. Won all three even though I sucked at Dark Souls pvp really badly. Only summoned twice. The first time at Vicar Amelia because I was so lost, and the second time I summoned on the second last boss in New Game Plus because I got invaded and he came like 5 minutes after I won and reached the end of the "level"
So, pvp is a bust. And it's not like I didn't try to summon either. Especially in the Chalice Dungeons, but it just didn't happen.

Basically, if you want to keep your enjoyment of the game up, don't do the Chalice Dungeons. They're a huge chore, the grinding after getting a chalice for materials blows, and the bosses are really cheap. Almost "the Hunter in the Church" level of cheap. Plus Defiled cuts your life in half which isn't as bad as it sounds, but still gay.

Nemesis X
I noticed the load times are a lot shorter in the latest patch. I can get back on this game finally without waiting long enough to get bored.

RaventheOnly
I didn't expect New Game Plus to be such a huge jump in dmg/health of bad guys. I figured I would still dominate but stuff has as much health versus my attacks as the beginning of the game. >.>

Arachnid1
Schools been eating me alive, so I haven't had time to dedicate to Bloodborne. Semester is almost over though, so I'll be able to finally get back to this and Dragon Age soon (and I'll have Witcher, RPGs galore).

Good to hear they fixed the load times. Literally the only thing wrong with this gem.

Astner
So I finally got the gems for my Lost Chikage for my level 48 build. This bad girl has an attack rating of 672. It almost makes me want to level up my Bloodtinge to 50 to see where it caps.

Arachnid1
Finally got back to this. I spent a while grinding to level my character and weapon. I took on Vicar Amelia again and got her health down to a sliver before she killed me for the billionth time. Raged hard.

Oh well. At least now I know its doable. She seemed impossible the last time I played.

Arachnid1
Finally beat her after switch from Ludwigs Holy Blade back to the Hunters Axe. The Holy Blade is overrated. I will never leave behind my trusty ax again.

Arachnid1
I did it! Finally got my first and probably last platinum. This game was no joke, but I got it done. I'm not usually one to care enough to pursue platinums, but this game had me pretty hooked, so I enjoyed every second of it. Highly recommended to anyone who hasn't played.

Now I can finally move on the Witcher 3. Even better, Metal Gear Solid V comes out in less than two weeks. It's a good time for gaming these days

Quincy
Snagged this from a buddy about a week ago, I love it. Haven't played the dark souls games before, but I'm so into this game

Arachnid1
I started the Old Hunters dlc just now on NG+. I hear its smarter to play it on NG, any that its hard enough there, but I'm going to push through and hope for a good experience.

Jmanghan
So, there might be a TV show made on this and... also leakers saying it might be coming to PC?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.