The Inhumans

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
Vin Diesel was right.. The Inhumans are coming..

http://www.superherohype.com/news/312495-marvel-studios-moving-forward-with-the-inhumans

i am happy, yet somewhat sad at the same tme

DARTH POWER
Surprised the rights aren't with Fox. Inhumans should be attached with FF really.

But it's good Marvel has it. They'll do right by them and make an awesome movie out of it.

Oh and they could just call their Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch both Inhumans. As Inhumans are kind of like Mutants anyway. And Quicksilver can still marry Crystal.

Just brings the MCU even closer to the comic world. Will be Awesome.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Surprised the rights aren't with Fox. Inhumans should be attached with FF really.

But it's good Marvel has it. They'll do right by them and make an awesome movie out of it.

Oh and they could just call their Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch both Inhumans. As Inhumans are kind of like Mutants anyway. And Quicksilver can still marry Crystal.

Just brings the MCU even closer to the comic world. Will be Awesome.

i agree

Inhuman
Surprisingly Im not a huge fan of the inhumans. My screen name has no connection to the comics ermmwhat

Id have to see what direction they will go with the Inhumans before i get excited over it.

pym-ftw
I can't see how that movie fits the universe yet, but I'm mildly excited. I'd rather see the Eternals if the rumor of Starlord's father being Star Fox are credible.

CPT Space Bomb
Would be awesome to see Black Bolt on the big screen! Can't wait.

SpaceMonkey
My theory:

I think this has actually been building. I don't think they'll be the same as the comics, though. Inhumans will be a result of half-human, half-alien hybrids(like Skye, Coulson and Peter Quill). There will be Terragenesis but probably without a Terrigen stone (the change Raina referred to on AOS).I wouldn't be surprised if they made Black Bolt or another Inhuman Quill's dad.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by pym-ftw
I can't see how that movie fits the universe yet, but I'm mildly excited. I'd rather see the Eternals if the rumor of Starlord's father being Star Fox are credible.

since GOTG is a success, I have no doubt that that the Inhumans will be a success too so The Eternals getting a film could very well happen

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Would be awesome to see Black Bolt on the big screen! Can't wait.

my brother Guy loved Black Bolt , he'd be proud to see him on the big screen

vansonbee
There are some rumors that Vin Diesel is going to be Blackbolt.

Kind of cool that he is tailing two characters from Marvel.

Inhuman
Originally posted by vansonbee

makes sense.

He used just his voice for Groot and also will play Black Bolt physically, A role that doesn't require him use his voice.

Great way to play 2 characters in the same universe.

DARTH POWER
I think he'd be better as Gorgo personally.

Kazenji
I think he'd be better as Gorgo personally.

Looks nothing like him.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Kazenji
Looks nothing like him.

Does he look like BB?

I was thinking put hair and a beard on him, and he would probably be better at portraying Gorgo's personality. And he'd probably love literally "Kicking" s*** down.

But we'll see if he's involved what he does. Probably will be BB.

Kazenji
Personally i can see him more as Blackbolt then Gorgon.

JayDaDon
If he channels his silent Riddick, he could actually pull off Blackbolt, with the mask. Just remembered tho, Black bolt isn't exactly some bald dude, if anything he looks like he could be Peter Parker's brother.

Firefly218
I think Jai Courtney would be a good Blackbolt. He's actually about to play John Connor in Terminator Genesis, so his star is on the rise.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by vansonbee

most likely i believe it true..

JayDaDon
Originally posted by Firefly218
I think Jai Courtney would be a good Blackbolt. He's actually about to play John Connor in Terminator Genesis, so his star is on the rise.

His name is coming up a lot and I've seen him pop up in movies a lot, but I'm still waiting for him to really impress.

Firefly218
Inhumans movie officially announced. Release date is 2018.

http://t.co/TPgSuq8qgS

DARTH POWER
Yep, Marvel's never going after Spider-Man or the X-Men. They don't need to. Black Panther will play the role of Spider-Man in the MCU, and Inhumans will be their X-Men.

And we all know the Black Panther and Inhuman movies they make are going to be so much better than Sony's Spider-Man and Fox's X-Men anyway. To be fair though Fox's X-Men has got pretty awesome now, but I don't trust them to keep that quality up indefinitely.

Firefly218
Yep, Marvel's never going after Spider-Man or the X-Men. They don't need to. Black Panther will play the role of Spider-Man in the MCU, and Inhumans will be their X-Men.

And we all know the Black Panther and Inhuman movies they make are going to be so much better than Sony's Spider-Man and Fox's X-Men anyway. To be fair though Fox's X-Men has got pretty awesome now, but I don't trust them to keep that quality up indefinitely.

I have a feeling Apocalypse will be awesome

ares834

How is Black Panther going to be MCU's Spider-man? The two aren't similar at all.

Firefly218
Originally posted by ares834
How is Black Panther going to be MCU's Spider-man? The two aren't similar at all.

Cap and Iron Man will fight to get Black Panther on their side

ares834
Has that been confirmed?

pym-ftw
It was a major part of the press conference

"Who's side are you on?"

DARTH POWER
^ Yep. That was made clear.

Plus in terms of abilities I'm guessing BP will be their guy who you see doing all the amazing acrobatics, clinging to walls and jumping across rooftops. Can't wait to see their special effects for that.

ares834
Originally posted by pym-ftw
It was a major part of the press conference

"Who's side are you on?"

Well of course. Still doesn't mean BP will be like Spider-Man and defect from Stark and join Cap which is what I thought firefly was getting at.

I didn't watch the press conference bough, so perhaps I am missing so,etching more. But ultimately, I've seen nothing to suggest BP is taking Spider-Man's role in anyway.

Mindship
This was mentioned earlier, and I agree: I think Vin would be better as Gorgon than Black Bolt. While he certainly has the physique for BB (though these days, the way they buff up male actors, seems everyone does), there's something about Vin's chin in profile (I noticed this watching "Riddick", which I thought was great), that just does Not strike me as kingly. Sometimes his chin seems almost...pudgy.

No part of Black Bolt should be pudgy.

I wouldn't mind seeing Dwayne Johnson as Black Bolt. He can consider it after Namor, or after Black Adam...

Firefly218
Tom Hardy would be a great blackbolt

WhiteWitchKing
No, I think this pic proves Vin Diesel is the best choice.

http://i.imgur.com/zNHAHwP.jpg

That aside, this is a fight that needs to take place.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/29/df/9c/29df9cecc35c119cd5610dfc0b21813d.jpg

Firefly218
Vin Diesel may be a little too old to start playing a superhero now. Groot is mostly just voice work.

He'll be 51 years old when the first Inhumans movie comes out. As great a fit he is, there are other choices that could work equally as well.

Mindship
How bout ... Affleck Bolt? Like the Rock, he's got a stronger looking chin than Vin. And Boltagar should be at least in his upper 30s, methinks.

Plus Dwayne is good at glaring. So is Hardy, iirc. Whoever it is, the actor's gonna have to communicate well via his eyes ... unless movie Black Bolt texts.

pym-ftw
... Rock & Affleck are doing Dc movies...

Marvel isn't bringing them in

Golgo13
Plus Tom Hardy is in heavy talks to be in the Suicide Squad movie. He would be an awesome Deadshot/Deathstroke.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Golgo13
Plus Tom Hardy is in heavy talks to be in the Suicide Squad movie. He would be an awesome Deadshot/Deathstroke.

True, but he could always abandon DC to be part of the superior MCU big grin

Golgo13
The DCCU could very well be on par. Supposedly a lot of talent are willing to work with Ayer, so Suicide Squad should be a hit. Not Superman, Iron Man hit, but it should do more than the Incredible Hulk. stick out tongue

Firefly218
The DCCU could very well be on par. Supposedly a lot of talent are willing to work with Ayer, so Suicide Squad should be a hit. Not Superman, Iron Man hit, but it should do more than the Incredible Hulk. stick out tongue

I fully expect Suicide Squad to be good. Tom Hardy playing both Bane and Deathstroke would be a little awkward though. I say give Sean Bean the role of deathstroke and let Hardy play blackbolt

Golgo13
I fully expect Suicide Squad to be good. Tom Hardy playing both Bane and Deathstroke would be a little awkward though. I say give Sean Bean the role of deathstroke and let Hardy play blackbolt

I'd be surprised to see Hardy return to another WB/DC project. Sounds too good to be true. Just like Will Smith. And it's not even confirmed what role he will do. Some reports have Smith playing Captain Boomerang, FFS.

DARTH POWER

It's needs to do much much better than TIH.

WB has a habit of overspending on these movies(they already are with the plan of having 5 A-Listers), and then spending even more on marketing. So TIH type numbers won't even make its money back.

Plus TIH numbers isn't much at all these days with all the 2d and 3d inflation over the past 6 years. And TIH is literally the lowest grossing box office Marvel studios had ever earned with any of its movies, and that happened at the time it wasn't an established brand.

IMHO both Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman need to make $400+ world wide and have a general positive reaction from movie fans, for DC to even begin following in Marvel's foot steps.

Golgo13
It's needs to do much much better than TIH.

WB has a habit of overspending on these movies(they already are with the plan of having 5 A-Listers), and then spending even more on marketing. So TIH type numbers won't even make its money back.

Plus TIH numbers isn't much at all these days with all the 2d and 3d inflation over the past 6 years. And TIH is literally the lowest grossing box office Marvel studios had ever earned with any of its movies, and that happened at the time it wasn't an established brand.

IMHO both Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman need to make $400+ world wide and have a general positive reaction from movie fans, for DC to even begin following in Marvel's foot steps.

Not really. All it needs to do is turn a profit, which will make it successful. It doesn't need to do any crazy numbers. Especially for the type of characters and story it puts forth.

WB usually doesn't spend too much, which is why they are routinely the number one studio year in and year out, however, I'm not entirely sure about this year. There was an article about this, too. WB spends smart on AVERAGE.

Also, it depends on the budget, of course.

If it can make more TIH, then that's another DC/WB movie that will make more than Marvel studios. MOS (First in the DCCU) already made more than most Marvel films and it had strict competition.

Golgo13
It also depends on the rating as well. If it's rated R and does TIH numbers that's a success in my book.

Firefly218
It also depends on the rating as well. If it's rated R and does TIH numbers that's a success in my book.
You do realize TIH numbers weren't good right?

Golgo13
You do realize TIH numbers weren't good right?

Well, duh. All I'm saying is that Suicide Squad isn't going to be all ages (and shouldn't), which will hinder it to making big bucks, especially if it's a rated R. Even if it's PG 13, kids won't flock to this. So making 200-300 million will be a big win, IMO.

Kazenji
I don't see the point in having Inhumans rated R.

Golgo13
I don't see the point in having Inhumans rated R.

Suicide Squad, not Inhumans.

WhiteWitchKing
Not really. All it needs to do is turn a profit, which will make it successful. It doesn't need to do any crazy numbers. Especially for the type of characters and story it puts forth.

WB usually doesn't spend too much, which is why they are routinely the number one studio year in and year out, however, I'm not entirely sure about this year. There was an article about this, too. WB spends smart on AVERAGE.

If it can make more TIH, then that's another DC/WB movie that will make more than Marvel studios. MOS (First in the DCCU) already made more than most Marvel films and it had strict competition.

TIH was mediocre in terms of successful Marvel. That's why it's barely acknowledge. Doing TIH numbers isn't that good unless WB can keep marketing and production cost down. This thing will have to do way better than TIH. It won't be Rated R. WB needs as big an audience as possible to make this a success and expand their universe. No way will this be Rated R.

Kazenji
Suicide Squad, not Inhumans.

Uhh...this is the Inhumans thread or am i missing something.

Golgo13
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
TIH was mediocre in terms of successful Marvel. That's why it's barely acknowledge. Doing TIH numbers isn't that good unless WB can keep marketing and production cost down. This thing will have to do way better than TIH. It won't be Rated R. WB needs as big an audience as possible to make this a success and expand their universe. No way will this be Rated R.

It all depends on how they market the movie, but Suicide Squad isn't kid friendly. GOTG was kid friendly. It was huge. If the production budget is low AND it makes 200-300 Million, then yes, it's a hit. We don't even know what the budget is, so it's impossible to say now.

DARTH POWER

They do overspend on their Dc properties. Look at the ridiculous budget they spent on such a risky property like Green Lantern. That wasn't far off from the Avengers budget!

They will need to make 400m+ww to make a profit considering their history of overspending on budget and marketing. I mean just the 5 A list actors alone are going to cost money. That kind of figure would also be required to even start competition with Marvel studios who have not had any movies grossing below $600mill ww in Phase 2. And my guess would be that nothing they do grosses below $700mill ww in Phase 3.

DARTH POWER
Back on topic I think Inhumans will be Marvel Studios next Massive Franchise.

Firefly218
Back on topic I think Inhumans will be Marvel Studios next Massive Franchise.

The next massive franchise will be antman big grin

Hey, it's possible

DARTH POWER
The next massive franchise will be antman big grin

Hey, it's possible

That will be the next "Big" franchise. I just think Inhumans will be bigger.

Firefly218
That will be the next "Big" franchise. I just think Inhumans will be bigger.
Sure, I know what you mean.

Golgo13
They do overspend on their Dc properties. Look at the ridiculous budget they spent on such a risky property like Green Lantern. That wasn't far off from the Avengers budget!

They will need to make 400m+ww to make a profit considering their history of overspending on budget and marketing. I mean just the 5 A list actors alone are going to cost money. That kind of figure would also be required to even start competition with Marvel studios who have not had any movies grossing below $600mill ww in Phase 2. And my guess would be that nothing they do grosses below $700mill ww in Phase 3.

That was one movie, dude. No studio is perfect. I said on average. WB does more than super hero movies. All Suicide Squad needs to do is turn a profit to green light a sequel.

What other DC movies overspent?

DARTH POWER

What other DC movies overspent?

Superman Returns.

GL and SR are enough examples considering aside from Batman, there's not been much else in terms of big budget DC movies.

But on new properties they really shouldn't spend more than $150mill. And then not go crazy on the marketing budget either. Then all it would need is something like $300mill+WW to break even.

Edit- Whilst a big name like Wonder Woman needs good fan reaction and $400mill+WW. Because honestly if they can't make a big hit out of WW then what's the point in their whole slate?

Golgo13
Superman Returns.

GL and SR are enough examples considering aside from Batman, there's not been much else in terms of big budget DC movies.

But on new properties they really shouldn't spend more than $150mill. And then not go crazy on the marketing budget either. Then all it would need is something like $300mill+WW to break even.

Edit- Whilst a big name like Wonder Woman needs good fan reaction and $400mill+WW. Because honestly if they can't make a big hit out of WW then what's the point in their whole slate?

Big name super heroes are known to have high budgets, though. It's expected. Just look at what Sony has done with Spider-Man in the past. 200 plus budget. Every studio markets the hell out of them. As long as they turn a profit (and they usually do), then it's ok. Both TDK and TDKR made 1billion plus and we're not even counting DVD sales.

I doubt Suicide Squad's budget is going to be 200 plus, but if it does, that's crazy.

Guardians and Cap's budget was 170 million each. SS should be below that.

Golgo13
Superman Returns.

I agree with Wonder Woman, though. But I can easily see WW being more than 400 Million. If done right, she can easily do Thor numbers. If WW gets around 450 Million her first movie, that will be a success.

DARTH POWER
Actually Sam Ramai's first Spider-Man and Batman Begins had budgets of around $140mill and $150mill. And those are big names as well. And the first X-Men only had a budget of $77mill!

Once they knew they were making money they put more money into the sequels.

GOTG could afford a big budget because Marvel studios have made so much profit from other movies.

Golgo13
Actually Sam Ramai's first Spider-Man and Batman Begins had budgets of around $140mill and $150mill. And those are big names as well. And the first X-Men only had a budget of $77mill!

Once they knew they were making money they put more money into the sequels.

GOTG could afford a big budget because Marvel studios have made so much profit from other movies.

That's exactly what happened in the Nolan film as well, so they didn't really overspend. Crappy ones like Jonah wasn't a bloated budget, either so really the only ones that were was Green Lantern and Superman Returns.

Who knows what the budget will be like with suicide squad. I doubt they'll spend as much as Green Lantern.

WhiteWitchKing
Man of Steel's budget is $225 million while Avengers was $220 million. Christ, DC probably spent most of that money in the depiction of Earth and Metropolis being destroyed. They could have save tens of millions by cutting down half of that destruction and likely still would have had epic battles that satisfied fans.

DC should look for talent that fits the role and not 5 A-list stars. Marvel picks B-list actors from the start and groom them to stardom. B-talents and unknowns are gold mines; you get talents at a discount.

Golgo13
Man of Steel's budget is $225 million while Avengers was $220 million. Christ, DC probably spent most of that money in the depiction of Earth and Metropolis being destroyed. They could have save tens of millions by cutting down half of that destruction and likely still would have had epic battles that satisfied fans.

DC should look for talent that fits the role and not 5 A-list stars. Marvel picks B-list actors from the start and groom them to stardom. B-talents and unknowns are gold mines; you get talents at a discount.

Robert Downey Jr and Gweneth Paltrow are A list actors, IMO. Robert has had a shaky career (personal problems), but is still cream of the crop. You can say the same for Edward Norton Jr and even Scarlet Johanson.

WB going after Margot Robbie (who is less known than Scarlet) and Tom Hardy is an excellent move. Any director and or actors would want to work with Hardy. He's an excellent actor.

Kazenji
Robert has had a shaky career (personal problems), but is still cream of the crop.

Of course...those were his younger days but he's over all of that.

Golgo13
Of course...those were his younger days but he's over all of that.

I never said he wasn't. Just pointing out that one of the reasons he was out of the spotlight was because of his drug problems. Before that, he was widely known for his 80's movies (Bratpack) and his Oscar nominated performance, Chaplin. Downey Jr. has pretty much always been an A list actor. He's more widely known, of course, because of Iron Man. But always been an A lister.

WhiteWitchKing
Robert Downey Jr and Gweneth Paltrow are A list actors, IMO. Robert has had a shaky career (personal problems), but is still cream of the crop. You can say the same for Edward Norton Jr and even Scarlet Johanson.

WB going after Margot Robbie (who is less known than Scarlet) and Tom Hardy is an excellent move. Any director and or actors would want to work with Hardy. He's an excellent actor.

Paltrow wasn't the star and so she wasn't going to bust their wallet. They were willing to pay Terrence 4.5 million but then dropped him when he expected 8 million for the sequel. Downey made less than a million in the first Iron Man movie. They paid him more for the sequel because of him and the film's performance.

Norton was the only A list star in Hulk. Scarlett had a minor role when she just began. Her big role was in Avengers and by that point Marvel was rolling in success and moola. Suicide Squad is not even close to Avengers in terms of public awareness. Avengers wasn't even that well known compared to say X-Men and Wonder Woman to the public. Suicide Squad? Good luck with that.

Golgo13
Paltrow wasn't the star and so she wasn't going to bust their wallet. They were willing to pay Terrence 4.5 million but then dropped him when he expected 8 million for the sequel. Downey made less than a million in the first Iron Man movie. They paid him more for the sequel because of him and the film's performance.

Norton was the only A list star in Hulk. Scarlett had a minor role when she just began. Her big role was in Avengers and by that point Marvel was rolling in success and moola. Suicide Squad is not even close to Avengers in terms of public awareness. Avengers wasn't even that well known compared to say X-Men and Wonder Woman to the public. Suicide Squad? Good luck with that.

I'm not talking about money as being a factor in determining A list. I'm talking more in terms of TALENT. Supposedly, the only A list actor who will ask for a lot is Will Smith (who isn't even confirmed). Tom Hardy, Margot Robbie, and Jai Courney isn't going to break WB's wallet, either.

When WB hired Christian Bale, he wasn't A list yet.
Same with Henry Cavill.

DARTH POWER
WhiteWitchKing is right. If WB knew how to spot the right talent for the right character, as in the perfect fit like RDJ was for IM and Chris Pratt was for Starlord, then it would save them a lot of money. And it would improve their films, because it would improve their eye for spotting talent, rather than already established talented stars.

Also he's right that MOS costing almost as much as Avengers, shows they are still spending too much hoping to make some profit from it. Worked for MOS, but they have to cut that down otherwise they will lose money on a project and then run away from doing superhero movies again. Which is exactly what happened with GL and SR. The problem wasn't that they sucked, anyone can make a sucky movie from time to time. The problem was the loss they made on them put them off doing superhero movies aside from Batman for a long time.

Golgo13
WhiteWitchKing is right. If WB knew how to spot the right talent for the right character, as in the perfect fit like RDJ was for IM and Chris Pratt was for Starlord, then it would save them a lot of money. And it would improve their films, because it would improve their eye for spotting talent, rather than already established talented stars.

Also he's right that MOS costing almost as much as Avengers, shows they are still spending too much hoping to make some profit from it. Worked for MOS, but they have to cut that down otherwise they will lose money on a project and then run away from doing superhero movies again. Which is exactly what happened with GL and SR. The problem wasn't that they sucked, anyone can make a sucky movie from time to time. The problem was the loss they made on them put them off doing superhero movies aside from Batman for a long time.

Er, so I guess Henry Cavill, Christian Bale, Tom Hardy, Jeremy Irons, Margot Robbie are such horrible choices. WB has done fine in the past and continue to do so.

Grabbing someone like Ben Affleck was a wise choice. He is a wealth of knowledge in the industry that will garner a lot of money in the long run. You have to think long term for him. His solo batman movies if he does them will make a lot of money for the studio and will probably have strong critical success.

DARTH POWER
Er, so I guess Henry Cavill, Christian Bale, Tom Hardy, Jeremy Irons, Margot Robbie are such horrible choices. WB has done fine in the past and continue to do so.

Well yeah that's true. You've got me there. None of those guys were super famous before their DC movie roles. But all talented and good fits. Henry Caville is a pretty perfect Superman thumb up

Golgo13
If you guys are complaining so much about these "4-5 A list actors" exactly WHOM are you talking about? For one, there isn't that many A list stars in the industry that make a crap load of money. Someone like Tom Hardy isn't A list. Someone like Margot Robbie isn't A list (Who might play Harley), etc... The ONLY A list by definition is Will Smith.

Golgo13
BTW, if Suicide Squad gets Will Smith, this movie will automatically get it's money back and then some. Will Smith is a bankable star overseas. Just look at his flops. They suck domestically, but do well overseas. Wise move to get him, simply for that reason alone.

Firefly218
Will Smith is well worth the money.

With the exception of Lex and Wonder Woman, WB has casted really well. Lex and Wondy could still work out, but there were soooo many better choices. Also, I wish they were going with an older, established Lex Luthor rather than young and inexperienced.

Anyways, star power shouldn't be too big of a factor when it comes to casting. The best actor should be cast.

Inhuman
Will Smith has been on the decline as a ticket seller for years now.

pym-ftw
Hey guys your getting off topic, take it to the correct thread please

Golgo13
Originally posted by Inhuman
Will Smith has been on the decline as a ticket seller for years now.

Most big name stars do, because we don't live in that age, anymore. However, he's still a decent draw overseas.

Firefly218
As an actor, Will Smith remains A List level. The box office drop in recent years has more to do with his movies sucking.

Inhuman
Most big name stars do, because we don't live in that age, anymore. However, he's still a decent draw overseas.

As an actor, Will Smith remains A List level. The box office drop in recent years has more to do with his movies sucking.

Meh. I know he is a good actor im just saying he doesn't have the boxoffice pull he used to. Good movie or not.

Meaning if the next block buster came out and I see "starting WILL SMITH" I don't think "aw man this will be awesome" like I used to maybe a decade ago. Now I think... " damn they could have got another person sad "

Like for example if they make "HALF-LIFE" the movie or "HALO", "METAL GEAR SOLID" or if "Black Panther"(if will smith was T'challa), etc or another sure fire blockbuster and the main star is will smith.. I think that would be a negative for the movie more so than a positive.

imo.

actually now-a-days will have pretty much become a promoter for his son to become a star

Golgo13
Originally posted by Inhuman
Meh. I know he is a good actor im just saying he doesn't have the boxoffice pull he used to. Good movie or not.

Meaning if the next block buster came out and I see "starting WILL SMITH" I don't think "aw man this will be awesome" like I used to maybe a decade ago. Now I think... " damn they could have got another person sad "

Like for example if they make "HALF-LIFE" the movie or "HALO", "METAL GEAR SOLID" or if "Black Panther"(if will smith was T'challa), etc or another sure fire blockbuster and the main star is will smith.. I think that would be a negative for the movie more so than a positive.

imo.

actually now-a-days will have pretty much become a promoter for his son to become a star

I agree with you. It's not the age of the star anymore. It's more the era of the director. Or that's what they say. However, out of mostly any other star out there, he draws the most audience, I think.

Other than Robert Downey Jr, of course.

WhiteWitchKing

Grabbing someone like Ben Affleck was a wise choice. He is a wealth of knowledge in the industry that will garner a lot of money in the long run. You have to think long term for him. His solo batman movies if he does them will make a lot of money for the studio and will probably have strong critical success.

That's great, but they still overspent on Man of Steel. Had that movie flopped what would DC cinema look like now? It made $291 million but part of that revenue has to split with the theaters. The $225 million isn't including marketing cost. So we don't even know how much Man of Steel actually made in profit.

We'll see what WB does because GL, SR, and MOS all overspent. As for Batman, that's mostly Nolan's work. He picked great actors that were mostly B-listers at the time. It's fair to say WB has a spending problem given their previous history with DC movies.

Golgo13
That's great, but they still overspent on Man of Steel. Had that movie flopped what would DC cinema look like now? It made $291 million but part of that revenue has to split with the theaters. The $225 million isn't including marketing cost. So we don't even know how much Man of Steel actually made in profit.

We'll see what WB does because GL, SR, and MOS all overspent. As for Batman, that's mostly Nolan's work. He picked great actors that were mostly B-listers at the time. It's fair to say WB has a spending problem given their previous history with DC movies.

Perhaps, but remember MOS made much of that money back through product placement.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/27365/-man-of-steel-is-already-near-profit

So, it looks like MOS was pretty profitable. AND you have to consider DVD/Blue Ray sales, which surpassed even Iron Man 3.

DARTH POWER
^ Oh MOS definitely made lots of profit. There would be no announced DC Slate if it didn't.

But not every DC movie can be expected to gross that much, or make such a huge chunk of it's budget back through sponsorships.

They WILL have to learn to watch their budget, or this whole Slate will be cancelled just as it gets started.

Anyway Back on topic- I'd prefer Vin Diesel to play Gorgon. Then get someone awesome to play Black Bolt. Problem is who will jump in to play a character who doesn't speak? Maybe for that reason Vin should play BB and they should get a better actor to play Gorgon.

Golgo13
Vin as Black Bolt!

BruceSkywalker

Anyway Back on topic- I'd prefer Vin Diesel to play Gorgon. Then get someone awesome to play Black Bolt. Problem is who will jump in to play a character who doesn't speak? Maybe for that reason Vin should play BB and they should get a better actor to play Gorgon.

Vin will make a good Blackbolt, IMO

JayDaDon
I remember vin teasing that he was going to be playing someone else in the marvel movie universe....

Firefly218
Originally posted by JayDaDon
I remember vin teasing that he was going to be playing someone else in the marvel movie universe....

Extra #6

Kazenji
Originally posted by JayDaDon

I remember that too and he even had a picture of Vision for facebook picture.

BruceSkywalker
http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/ab335/KATSUMOTO121/diesel-inhuman-banner.jpg

WhiteWitchKing
Would be funny if Marvel gave Vin the role of Gorgon instead of Black Bolt.

Mindship
Amy Adams as Medusa.

DARTH POWER
Would be funny if Marvel gave Vin the role of Gorgon instead of Black Bolt.

He might not want to be BB considering BB has no dialogue.

But whoever Vin is playing will likely be the stand out character of the film.

JayDaDon
Well BB probably will speak atleast once or twice

Darth Thor
Apparently this is off to release schedule. Was initially due right in between IW Parts 1 & 2:

http://collider.com/inhumans-movie-release-date-marvel/

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Apparently this is off to release schedule. Was initially due right in between IW Parts 1 & 2:

http://collider.com/inhumans-movie-release-date-marvel/

I'm not worried, IMO Marvel is just readjusted their schedule ..

Darth Thor
^ It's not about worrying. Obviously Marvel is the top dog of superhero movies, and they have made smash hits out of far less lucrative superheroes in the past.

The only problem is Inhumans are off the current schedule which goes up to 2020 IIRC. So it' going to be a long time before we get them. Even though Agents of Shield have been building them up for a couple of years already.

BruceSkywalker
well as long as we get them then that's all that matters big grin

Kazenji
Originally posted by Darth Thor

The only problem is Inhumans are off the current schedule which goes up to 2020 IIRC. So it' going to be a long time before we get them. Even though Agents of Shield have been building them up for a couple of years already.

Except with Agents of Shield they haven't used the Inhuman Royal Family, Mainly lesser known ones.

Kazenji
This is now a tv show slated for 2017 on ABC.

Darth Thor
The Inhumans movie if officially done then.

I really thought it would have worked as part of the movie franchise.

Edit- Wait, the first 2 episodes are supposedly airing in theaters worldwide? That might be a hint of them crossing it over with the Marvel movie franchises in the future.

staxamillion
they probably just want to give it a nod because they aren't going to use them in the movies. at least not the ones from the show.

I could see them using the first two episodes/movie for introducing the royal family and setting up the TV show for other characters and you may see the royal family sporadically after that.

staxamillion
just speculation

that way if they did already have some stuff done they could air in theatres without finishing it and it still link up to the MCU story arcs.

and when the time comes they still have the Royal family established so they can pop up anywhere after that.

personally I could see them being in the 3rd GOTG movie. after star-lord learns about his alien heritage that will open the doors to galactic "dumbed down" version of War of Kings like they did Civil War; which I think was mainly to introduce characters and to begin to blend movies (crossovers).

nfactor1995
I'm disappointed that they won't be at all tied to the Inhumans in Agents of Shield, especially since Inhumans have been such a big part of the show since season 2. It seemed like AoS was being used as the origin story for the Inhumans as a "species," but if they are completely going away from anything related from AoS, what was the point of all of that aside from just being an interesting story isolated within AoS? Though I'd love to see a live action Black Bolt.

Kazenji
The show is in good hands, Scott Buck is the showrunner for it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.