Silent Hills

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack Fair
Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro's new

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--yImXs_LK--/v2xdu02mv4hmyl3kdnfm.gif

Color me excited. About time Konami gave Hideo something else to do.

http://kotaku.com/hideo-kojima-and-guillermo-del-toro-team-up-for-new-sil-1620434191

Arachnid1
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

Holy shit, this drops every other game coming out to dead 0! My all time favorite horror game series is getting a sequel! BY KOJIMA! This is one of the only video game reveals along with MGS5 that had me grinning like an idiot when I saw it. Thank you for posting this.

Also, it doesn't look like it's untitled. Silent Hill S? What a strange name. It's not a roman numeral or any kind of numbering scheme I've seen.

Anyway, I'm waaaaay overdue for a trip back here.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y221/ryoshockwave/0185f4992790fa90e0e2a63728b8c57c.jpg

Zack Fair
yah I didn't notice the S! LoL. Was too hasty to post this xD

Could be a reference to multiple/parallel/alternate/whatyouhave Silent Hills woot

Arachnid1
The main character!

http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/256/2567541/2623066-0221792085-isnrx.gif

I just saw the trailer too. Its him walking down the streets of Silent Hill. I'll try to find it and post it.

Zack Fair
Oh shit so we're going to play as Daryll too?! HOLY SHIT man.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Oh shit so we're going to play as Daryll too?! HOLY SHIT man. Right? Holy shit dude. I'm so ****ing excited for this now.

I'm hoping Kojima incorporates stealth into it too. A horror game built completely around stealth has the potential to be terrifying.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Right? Holy shit dude. I'm so ****ing excited for this now.

I'm hoping Kojima incorporates stealth into it too. A horror game built completely around stealth has the potential to be terrifying. Exactly!

3 big names. I'm super excited. I don't want this to be an exclusive at all. I want this game to bomb everything and that everyone can play it.

Survival Horror Stealth can be great and it does so much to build atmosphere: case in point the Last of Us does a fine good job with it.

Shit...I'm trying not to get too hyped. So long as Kojima doesn't go overboard with cutscenes I'm ALL IN.

Smasandian
Sweet!

Nemesis X
Survival Horror Stealth can be great and it does so much to build atmosphere: case in point the Last of Us does a fine good job with it.

Don't forget Outlast. That had good stealth in a tense atmosphere also.

Arachnid1
Exactly!

3 big names. I'm super excited. I don't want this to be an exclusive at all. I want this game to bomb everything and that everyone can play it.

Shit...I'm trying not to get too hyped. So long as Kojima doesn't go overboard with cutscenes I'm ALL IN. Dude, this is the Silent Hill game to save Silent Hill. I'm letting myself get swept away in a flood of hype. Sorry The Evil Within. Sorry Alien: Isolation. Sorry Resident Evil 7. Step aside, the KING of horror gaming has returned.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Don't forget Outlast. That had good stealth in a tense atmosphere also. Oh yeah Outlast too. As a matter of fact I think it fits the original Silent Hill even more. I just haven't finished my PC copy of the game, so i didn't want to talk about a game I haven't finished

Zack Fair
Dude, this is the Silent Hill game to save Silent Hill. I'm letting myself get swept away in a flood of hype. Sorry The Evil Within. Sorry Alien: Isolation. Sorry Resident Evil 7. Step aside, the KING of horror gaming has returned. Oh I can live with that. I'm Mr. Hype myself lol. TBH I haven't played a Silent Hill game since 3, and I have never finished one, but that never was because I didn't like the games. On the contrary most of the time it was cause I was a pussy ass xD. The games kind of stopped interesting me after 3 though. This is awesome news. My favorite developer teaming up with Del Toro(I think this 2 guys working together is going to be an amazing thing for games in general) and Norman being the protagonist just makes it all the better.

Thats it. I'm officially jumping the hype train to the sun.

Arachnid1
So... a lot of people think this is gonna be PS4 exclusive, to mirror the Tomb Raider game being XB1 exclusive.

Silent Hill>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tomb Raider

Not a fair trade off lol. If it is, I'm buying a PS4.

Zack Fair
Wish it wasn't exclusive tbh. Looks like positive/vengeful thinking from fanboys.

Wouldn't surprise me though. Kojima prefers Sony...big time.

Arachnid1
So, I've been watching the fake demo they released to announce this game. It looks like they wont be leaving puzzles behind, although I'm hoping they get more complex in the game. The ambient noises and atmosphere feel good. Hopfeully, they carry that over and improve upon it.

Arachnid1
IMukBhe-0j4

Nemesis X
Oh god please tell me the final boss will be a demonic Michael Rooker.

Zack Fair
Mx5UyWuafUE

Arachnid1
So, I've been thinking...

Silent Hill is getting a new, amazing sequel. Fatal Frame is getting a new amazing sequel. Resident Evil is getting a new (hopefully) amazing sequel. Resident Evil 1 is being remade/ported for next gen. The original creator of Resident Evil is coming out with a new, amazing IP called the Evil Within. Aliens are being brought back to their former horror glory in an amazing first person stealth horror game. Routine is another big first person horror game coming out. We've also got Dying Light coming, if you count that as a horror game.

It's a good time to be a horror game fan. My all time favorite game genre is being revived big time, and all the old IPs are making big comebacks with new IPs right on their tails.

Also, if this page is to believed, Sony Computer Entertainment is one of the publishers for this game. That means this will be for sure a PS4 exclusive. Looks like I'm buying a PS4, though I'm gonna wait for confirmation.
http://www.ign.com/games/silent-hills/ps4-20022958

Zack Fair
I hope so, although you used the word amazing too much lol.

Lek Kuen
Yeah there is a good chance of at least half of those being misfires. Don't get hyped or you will fall into despair.

Kazenji
I hope so, although you used the word amazing too much lol.

The only thing would that would make it more amazing if they remade Silent Hill 1.

Zack Fair
I'm all for remakes, but I dunno. I think Silent Hill has potential for dozens of unique, interesting stories.

Nemesis X
They did remake Silent Hill 1. It's called Shattered Memories.

Kazenji
Yeah the PSP...what a great system to show off a remake.

NemeBro
So, I've been thinking...

Silent Hill is getting a new, amazing sequel. Fatal Frame is getting a new amazing sequel. Resident Evil is getting a new (hopefully) amazing sequel. Resident Evil 1 is being remade/ported for next gen. The original creator of Resident Evil is coming out with a new, amazing IP called the Evil Within. Aliens are being brought back to their former horror glory in an amazing first person stealth horror game. Routine is another big first person horror game coming out. We've also got Dying Light coming, if you count that as a horror game.

It's a good time to be a horror game fan. My all time favorite game genre is being revived big time, and all the old IPs are making big comebacks with new IPs right on their tails.

Also, if this page is to believed, Sony Computer Entertainment is one of the publishers for this game. That means this will be for sure a PS4 exclusive. Looks like I'm buying a PS4, though I'm gonna wait for confirmation.
http://www.ign.com/games/silent-hills/ps4-20022958 I hope all those games turn out to suck just to spite you, to be honest.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Kazenji
Yeah the PSP...what a great system to show off a remake. I've got it on the Wii. Great game. The story was great, and had a pretty mind blowing twist at the end.

That said, I agree with this:

I'm all for remakes, but I dunno. I think Silent Hill has potential for dozens of unique, interesting stories. Silent Hill is a series that has the potential to do something new every time. Continuity from old games doesn't matter, because the only limit is the main characters imagination, since the world molds to fit their nightmares and guilts. There isn't much point in retreading old ground when the possibilities are so endless.

Originally posted by NemeBro
I hope all those games turn out to suck just to spite you, to be honest. I hope you get raped, TBH

Kidding, although you're a dickhead.

Nemesis X
Yeah the PSP...what a great system to show off a remake.

Don't forget Wii and PS2.

Kazenji
Which was ported

same thing happen with GTA: Liberty City Stories, Vice City Stories.

Nemesis X
Shattered Memories was on the Wii first, dude.

Arachnid1
Which was ported

same thing happen with GTA: Liberty City Stories, Vice City Stories. No, Shattered Memories started off on the Wii and got ported to the PSP and PS2

EDIT: What Nemesis said. Thinks he types sooo fast...

Zack Fair
Some PSP games were pretty cool. Liberty City Stories and Vice City were fun. Same with MGS Portable OPs.

But I see his point.

Kazenji
Shattered Memories was on the Wii first, dude.

thumb up

Some PSP games were pretty cool. Liberty City Stories and Vice City were fun. Same with MGS Portable OPs.

Yeah it did have some neat games, Shame that some people looked down upon the PSP like it was a bad thing.

Nemesis X
thumb up

What is that, some case in point you're making with that gesture? If it is, hey, the Wii's awesome okay?

Kazenji
No need to act like a dick about it.

Nemesis X
How am I acting like a dick? no expression

Arachnid1
Dick ^^^

NemeBro
Nemesis is such a dick.

Nemesis X
Nemesis is such a dick.

I keep telling you, dear: weekends are my off days. I do nothing but cook, clean and look after the kids while you do nothing but ogle at Kill La Kill artwork. It's gonna have to be your turn to supervise every once in a while. I have needs too. I'm not some piece of meat to be told what to do. I'm independent!

Zack Fair
Fuq U. Kill la Kill is life. FIGHT ME IRL.

Nemesis X
Fuq U. Kill la Kill is life. FIGHT ME IRL.

What's Ryuko got that I don't? Are you saying a sailor outfit wouldn't look good on this gorgeous bod?

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131201170428/villains/images/1/12/Nemesis_T-Type_2nd_Form.jpg

Zack Fair
What's Ryuko got that I don't? Are you saying a sailor outfit wouldn't look good on this gorgeous bod?

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131201170428/villains/images/1/12/Nemesis_T-Type_2nd_Form.jpg http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/094/0/8/klk_thingy_by_minimad24-d7d16cl.png

NemeBro
What's Ryuko got that I don't? Gearbox-shaped eyes.

Nemesis X
Gearbox-shaped eyes.

I have a scar over my eye. Your argument is invalid estahuh

NemeBro
I have a scar over my eye. Your argument is invalid estahuh http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/645/751/9a2.gif

Kazenji
Kojima on Silent Hill

Arachnid1
Kojima on Silent Hill Full quote:

My reaction:
http://31.media.tumblr.com/5b3b2076fc6a8d014e434f3d9516c9f4/tumblr_n8yyehHJgb1qezlbwo2_500.gif
I think I'm in love.

In other news, we have a confirmation of the story line.
http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/1224/2962/original.jpg

Arachnid1
http://abload.de/img/2014-08-1303_18_28-tw9rstn.png

A tweet from almost two years ago. I also go to a Silent Hill forum (for a couple of years now) and Kojima had been making little hints to how much he would love to make a Silent Hill game and how great a series it is for quite some time. Methinks he's been working on this game for a while.

Also, this is a tweek by the original composer for the series before Downpour. If he wasn't working on the game, he would have flat out said it. A few people from the forums I go to noted that a few of the tracks played throughout the game sound suspiciously like his work (and they also used a really old school song for the end of the trailer). I'm cautiously optimistic.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=125306651&postcount=3781

Arachnid1
http://i.minus.com/iba3vwL9aKiTAm.gif

http://38.media.tumblr.com/0b18b59f841c1df441cac732fab65854/tumblr_na7xqbZ7ye1tt3wuco1_500.gif

My god, what a beautiful tech demo. If the entire game is is also indoors and enclosed areas like all Silent Hill games, we can expect some gorgeous and haunting f*cked up locals.

Zack Fair
Yeah you can see the demo in the video I posted. Some nice graphics.

This and Alien Isolation will be so good to satisfy the former Survival Horror lunatic in me.

Bentley
So Konami realized it has more than Castelvania and Metal Gear? Shocking.

Kazenji
I want to see another Suikoden game from them, Another one that's been put on the back burner.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Bentley
So Konami realized it has more than Castelvania and Metal Gear? Shocking. Here is to Konami pumping more games and give the people making good games have more say. I always wondered why they didn't have Kojima work on other games. I mean I'm not asking for full director/develop/etc lvl, but oversee other games and such. They had one of the finest minds in gaming focusing on just one series: a series he wanted to quit for over 10 years. He has gone on record saying that he has made the franchise more and more ridiculous as time passes in hopes of getting fans to stop liking it. That is some serious shit right there.

FKN japan, man. God damn it.

Arachnid1
So Konami realized it has more than Castelvania and Metal Gear? Shocking. Silent Hill is one of Konamis most recognizable and renowned properties. It's always been bigger than Castelvania, and a little over a decade ago, it was bigger than MGS. It would be stupid to let this series die out. Although, a lot of us fans were beginning to think this was an abandoned series. The Silent Hill forums have been a ghost town for some time now, with the only real conversation going on in the sections of the old games where people barely playing the series posted. After this was outed, the forums have livened up a ton, and Silent Hill is getting some of the most PR its gotten in quite some time.

God, I love Silent Hill. This is THE next gen game for me. SH2 remains the first and only game to make me cry (although, I was 9 at the time). The feels were soul breaking.

Here is to Konami pumping more games and give the people making good games have more say. I always wondered why they didn't have Kojima work on other games. I mean I'm not asking for full director/develop/etc lvl, but oversee other games and such. They had one of the finest minds in gaming focusing on just one series: a series he wanted to quit for over 10 years. He has gone on record saying that he has made the franchise more and more ridiculous as time passes in hopes of getting fans to stop liking it. That is some serious shit right there.

FKN japan, man. God damn it. Kojima has been known to over exaggereate and joke about his games a lot. Another forum I go to is an MGS forum, and the fans there love Kojima, and hate him at the same time for how he talks about his games. I don't think Kojima really was trying to make the franchise unappealing to the fans. I think he was just losing fear of really stretching his creative daring with the games. He was more willing to put his soul into his property overtime.

Zack Fair
I don't recall Silent Hill being bigger than MGS at all...in like...ever.

But I'll take your word for it.

Arachnid1

But I'll take your word for it. I didn't start frequenting forums till I was 13 (2005, a year before I joined KMC) but I remember Silent Hill and Resident evil being all the rage back then. Its all anyone talked about, at school or online from what I saw. MGS was recommended to be at that point by a kid I knew in school (Twin Snakes had come out recently) and I ended up convincing my mom to get it and loving it. MGS always felt like a cult love at that point to me, with a specific fan base. SH, RE, and Fatal Frame though, seemed to be the horror games people aways argued about (people always argued about which was superior: Silent Hill obviously lol, with FF being a close second).

I was a kid then, so its always possible that I was wrong. Thats just the feeling I always had, because not a lot of people knew what MGS was.

Arachnid1

But I'll take your word for it. I didn't start frequenting forums till I was 13 (2005, a year before I joined KMC) but I remember Silent Hill and Resident evil being all the rage back then. Its all anyone talked about, at school or online from what I saw. MGS was recommended to be at that point by a kid I knew in school (Twin Snakes had come out recently, though not enough to eclipse SH 2 and 3 which came out before) and I ended up convincing my mom to get it and loving it. MGS always felt like a cult love at that point to me, with a specific fan base. SH, RE, and Fatal Frame though, seemed to be the horror games people aways argued about (people always argued about which was superior: Silent Hill obviously lol, with FF being a close second).

I was a kid then, so its always possible that I was wrong. Thats just the feeling I always had, because not a lot of people knew what MGS was. Silent Hill felt like it fell from grace, while RE just sold out to the masses, and FF died off.

Bentley
Silent Hill is one of Konamis most recognizable and renowned properties. It's always been bigger than Castelvania, and a little over a decade ago, it was bigger than MGS.

Castelvania was bigger before Silent Hill existed biscuits

To be fair Castelvania peaked just after the 16 bit era and just after it got revamped 2D platformers went dead for over a decade. It was never the most amazing franchise, but unlike other Konami properties (like Goemon, Suikoden or the newly adquired Bomberman/Adventure Island) they've always managed to sneak Castelvania games here and there through the ages instead of abandoning them Megaman style.

But Sillent Hill is a franchise that was so critically aclaimed that it should've never vanished to begin with, Resident Evil's success is a proof that the genre never went out of flavor (even if RE has been lacking at times). It would sell like pancakes, unlike some of the other abandoned franchises that could only achieve tame success even if they came back.

Which reminds me... Why did you buy Hudson Soft Konami? Did you want to end the Far East from Eden series that much?

BackFire
The demo/teaser was really outstanding. They absolutely nailed the atmosphere, and while the "puzzles" were a bit obtuse for their own good the presentation is top notch and extremely creepy. Absolutely can't wait for what looks like, finally, a return to form for Silent Hill.

Arachnid1
Castelvania was bigger before Silent Hill existed biscuits

To be fair Castelvania peaked just after the 16 bit era and just after it got revamped 2D platformers went dead for over a decade. It was never the most amazing franchise, but unlike other Konami properties (like Goemon, Suikoden or the newly adquired Bomberman/Adventure Island) they've always managed to sneak Castelvania games here and there through the ages instead of abandoning them Megaman style. Oh, I wasn't saying that Castlevania was subpar in terms of quality. I had a castlevania game for gameboy, and I loved it growing up. It just never seemed like a widely known or popular franchise at the time. I definitely don't doubt that it was all over the place in its prime, so my statement was definitely unfair to the series. I know Lord of Shadows had pretty good reviews, somewhat recently.

Silent Hill died off after Team Silent disbanded. The original team made amazing critically blown up games, but when the American team took over, the game dropped off after a noticeable drop in quality.

Resident Evil, on the other hand, completely changed its style and evolved into something great with Resident Evil 4. RE4 is my all time favorite game (though SH is my all time favorite franchise), but there is no denying that it ruined the franchise. From then on, the series got more bombastic and action oriented. It forgot what made it so great in the first place (which Revelations rediscovered), and it got big for great coop and action.

I definitely didn't know what Hudson Soft was at the time. I didn't even know what it was until I looked it up 10 minutes ago. From what I could tell, they haven't been involved in any horror games I've played.

Far East from Eden seems to be a well reviewed series though. It's a shame that I missed it.

Originally posted by BackFire
The demo/teaser was really outstanding. They absolutely nailed the atmosphere, and while the "puzzles" were a bit obtuse for their own good the presentation is top notch and extremely creepy. Absolutely can't wait for what looks like, finally, a return to form for Silent Hill. Agreed. The franchise sorely needed this for some time now. If only Resident Evil would get the same treatment.

Impediment
The new Silent Hill game stars Norman Reedus as the main character with Guillermo del Toro and Hideo Kojima as developers/producers?

Shut the f*ck up and take my money!!

Ridley_Prime
Don't have too much to say on the game at the moment that hasn't already been said, with being kinda late to seeing the trailers/content the day this thread was made, but yeah. Looking phenomenal so far.

So Konami realized it has more than Castelvania and Metal Gear? Shocking.
Heh. Even still, Konami's not as bad with sitting on IPs as other companies I can think of.

Bentley
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Don't have too much to say on the game at the moment that hasn't already been said, with being kinda late to seeing the trailers/content the day this thread was made, but yeah. Looking phenomenal so far.

Heh. Even still, Konami's not as bad with sitting on IPs as other companies I can think of.

I know what you mean, Nintendo should throw us a bone and publish a new Mario game already ahah

Arachnid1
http://i.imgur.com/LOx0tBi.jpg

AsbestosFlaygon
I'm stoked yet worried about this game.

I feel like the franchise won't ever be the same unless Team Silent is involved in it.

Good luck to Mr. Hideo.
I just hope he doesn't mess this one up, like the rest of the survival horror franchises.

Arachnid1
http://whatifgaming.com/silent-hills-developer-deciding-between-first-person-and-third-person-point-of-view

Developer interview.

They haven't decided if the game will be 1st or 3rd person yet, the release date is most likely 2016, and it hints at an openish world like Metal Gear Solid V.

quanchi112
This has piqued my interest. I loved the second Silent Hill.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by quanchi112
This has piqued my interest. I loved the second Silent Hill. Good choice! Thats my second all time favorite game.

Zack Fair
I'm wondering what you guys would prefer:

third or first person view?

In one hand I think FP would work much better. On the other it won't feel like a classic 3rd person SH.

Having said that it is possible we get both.

AsbestosFlaygon
I'd prefer 3rd person ala Silent Hill 1-4, not RE4.

FP will make it look generic, like all the other FPSs out there.

Arachnid1
3rd person over 1st every time.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p8/camranauchi/sh3harry.jpg

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p8/camranauchi/theyat3ko.jpg

StyleTime
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
I feel like the franchise won't ever be the same unless Team Silent is involved in it.

That is how I feel too. Not to say it can't ever be great again, but Team Silent's work will never be replicated.
I'm wondering what you guys would prefer:

third or first person view?

In one hand I think FP would work much better. On the other it won't feel like a classic 3rd person SH.
Going first person would be stupid as **** to be honest.
SH, RE, and Fatal Frame though, seemed to be the horror games people aways argued about (people always argued about which was superior: Silent Hill obviously lol, with FF being a close second).
I've always felt each of the "big three" horror franchises simply excelled in different areas. Assuming they are at their best: Silent Hill has the best storytelling, Resident Evil has the best gameplay, and Fatal Frame is undoubtedly the scariest.

Kazenji
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
I'd prefer 3rd person ala Silent Hill 1-4, not RE4.

Huh?...........RE4 was 3rd person

or are going to make out it was first person erm

Nemesis X
Huh?...........RE4 was 3rd person

or are going to make out it was first person erm

I believe over the shoulders is what he meant.

Kazenji
Regardless it was still 3rd person, No matter how sugar coated you want it to be.

Nemesis X
Regardless it was still 3rd person, No matter how sugar coated you want it to be.

I don't think SH's third person is the same as RE4's unless you mean Homecoming when you aim.

Kazenji
Never played Homecoming so i can't comment on that one.

Zack Fair
I get more inmersed in FP lol.

*Shrug*

Nemesis X
The demo wants me to peek through a slightly open door into a dark room.

**** that shit haermm

Zack Fair
hahaha. DO IT.

The demo was scary xD

Nemesis X
hahaha. DO IT.

The demo was scary xD

Ntr_ihsANMo

Arachnid1
Regardless it was still 3rd person, No matter how sugar coated you want it to be. Ya but there's a difference between RE4 3rd person and Uncharted/Last of Us/Tomb Raider Third Person. I get what he means with that, and I'd prefer the latter in SH.

Originally posted by StyleTime
I've always felt each of the "big three" horror franchises simply excelled in different areas. Assuming they are at their best: Silent Hill has the best storytelling, Resident Evil has the best gameplay, and Fatal Frame is undoubtedly the scariest. Actually, thats a great way of looking at it.

Although, SH has always scared me more than Crimson Butterfly, to be honest. The concept of ghosts has never been as scary to me as hellish creatures created from your mind.

Dear god, the twins.
http://cosplayidol.otakuhouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/TVA1.jpg

Also, Scarlet. Say what you want about homecoming, but it's monster designs were terrific.
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111126091715/silent/images/0/01/AlexScarlet.png

Although, CB did make you feel more helpless. They are close as hell, but SH wins out by a small margin for me.

Impediment
I finally played the demo yesterday as opposed to watching the video.

Holy shit, I almost threw my controller when I looked into the dark room with the cracked open door.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Impediment
I finally played the demo yesterday as opposed to watching the video.

Holy shit, I almost threw my controller when I looked into the dark room with the cracked open door. Lol that got me pretty badly too. That part, and this:
http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2014/08/SH-PT_Hallway-3-720x405.jpg

Zack Fair
i don't know about you guys but the fkn demo/teaser/whatever the **** thing is annoyed me. I couldn't get shit done ~_~

NemeBro
Must be nice having a PS4.

Arachnid1
Must be nice having a PS4. I don't. I just have friends who do!

Translation: Get some friends, you loser.

NemeBro
I do have friends. Poor friends. sad

Arachnid1
I do have friends. Poor friends. sad Poor friends aren't real friends. Real friends have money and lend you their PS4s.

If it makes you feel any better Nemebro, if I had a PS4, lived somewhat close to you, and liked you in any way, I'd lend you my PS4. Kidding. I still wouldn't lend you my PS4, although I do seem to grow fonder of you every time you insult me!

NemeBro
I'd just steal it though.

Arachnid1
I'd just steal it though. Hoodlum.

Arachnid1
owrZHQFjt98&app=desktop

Zack Fair
Holy shit man....Kojima and Del Toro will **** us up.

Estacado
Must be nice having a PS4.
Indeed it is.biscuits

0mega Spawn
2016 release date sucks azz. Nothing even remotely close to this game ps4 horror wise

NemeBro
Now I also have a PS4.

Beat the PT today.

Lisa ate my penis.

Nemesis X
Since Kojima will be leaving a$$hole land that's Konami soon as he finishes MGS5, I wonder what will happen to Silent Hills.

Jmanghan
I'd just steal it though. I don't have one either v.v

Reflassshh
I think we should be preparing ourselves for the impending hasta luego from this game and get over it.

Nemesis X
It's possible. Doesn't Kojima own the Fox Engine that runs Silent Hills so when he leaves, Konami isn't allowed to use it without the creator's permission? Should that be the case, I wonder who the fans will be more upset with should Kojima take the opportunity for a moment of vengeance. That'd be hilarious.

Smasandian
Well, Kojima Productions is owned and/or controlled by Konami so I'm assuming any work done by Kojima Productions is owned by Konami. This would include all MGS games and the Fox Engine.

Arachnid1
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/26/guillermo-del-toro-touches-on-his-collaboration-with-kojima

So... Silent Hills isn't happening.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/2806096/sad-dean-o.gif

EDIT: With Kojima, actually. We might still be getting it. Del Toro just said that he wont be collaborating with Kojima anymore. He also said we'll have to go after Konami for details on whether the game is cancelled or not.

EDIT again:
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3341839/silent-hills-may-officially-cancelled/
http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/silent-hills-cancelled/

Looking very grim. I think it's safe to say we're phucked.

Impediment
sad

Reflassshh
Shit.

Nemesis X
Kojima and Del Toro was going to be the team up that would've been sung for ages and Konami f'd it up for wanting more Metal Gear. Typical.

BackFire
I'm so saddened by this news. This is disgusting. Konami is run by a bunch of monkeys.

FinalAnswer
Thanks Konami

Tzeentch
You guys did this.

Your obsession with Mediocre Gear Solid has doomed us all. thumb up

Arachnid1
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ZawyhCAkCbM/UFjfbeqaL_I/AAAAAAAADD4/VV4QaEYK0H8/s1600/cristiano-ronaldo-jews.gif

Quincy
the ****?

Arachnid1
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/konami-responds-to-silent-hills-cancellation-claim/1100-6426908/

There's the official word from Konami. Silent Hills is axed. Reedus, Del Toro, and Kojima are all gone.

ares834
Maybe they should get DICE to finish it. I hear Battlefield is a really good game.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by ares834
Maybe they should get DICE to finish it. I hear Battlefield is a really good game. I bet they could introduce some solid multiplayer thumb up

ares834
thumb up

Might as well drop the single-player campaign as well. Who wants to play that shit anyways? It just takes away resources better used for creating a better multiplayer experience.

Tzeentch
Maybe they should get DICE to finish it. I hear Battlefield is a really good game. Originally posted by ares834
thumb up

Might as well drop the single-player campaign as well. Who wants to play that shit anyways? It just takes away resources better used for creating a better multiplayer experience. You passive-aggressive piece of shit.

I have taught you well thumb up

Arachnid1
thumb up

Might as well drop the single-player campaign as well. Who wants to play that shit anyways? It just takes away resources better used for creating a better multiplayer experience. You know, that's a great idea! It's a shame DICE is preoccupied doing just that with some other series. I wish they'd spread the wealth. stick out tongue

EDIT: I think we're witnessing Konomi imploding on itself.
http://abload.de/img/2015-04-2718_34_34-danwjvs.png

quanchi112
This is a shame.

Arachnid1
ynl4sIFazmM#t=757

If half the stuff he said about Konami in that video is legitimate, I kind of hope they burn to the ground and all their video game properties get sold off.

Nemesis X
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/11/castlevania-producer-iga-condemns-konami-over-kojima-debacle

Disgusting. I even hear Kojima's staff has to deal with random blackouts, security doors malfunctioning, and having their shifts changed from time to time. Hope Konami gets what's coming and everyone stops buying anything from them after Phantom Pain.

Branlor Swift
I still think this is all one big Kojima level deception trick.

Or at least I hope it is anyway. Everything all seems to be happening too close to TPP coming out.

I'll go so far as to say I'll be mildly surprised if Kojima isn't trying to fool us.

Nemesis X
Interestingly enough, this video was flagged by Konami and was taken down for awhile before being contacted to let it back up.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/5/12/8593793/why-didnt-konami-want-you-to-watch-this-video-about-hideo-kojima
iMK-kajdgMA

BackFire
Konami obviously is losing interested in making games. That's fine. They should sell the rights to their major IP's so people can continue making good games from them, rather than only shitty mobile games that Konami seems to be moving towards.

AsbestosFlaygon
This is what happens when you have a greedy lunatic of a CEO.

It's always been about the money.

When you're rich as ****, **** morals and friendships.

I can imagine Kagemasa sayin to himself: "**** the video game fans. They made us the 5th largest video game developer, but now they can eat my shit. I'm rollin high now with my casinos and animes and movies and shit."

Bentley
Konami sucks. I hope they sell their classic IPs to Namco or whoever.

Nemesis X
0nwPPYkd8gs

Reflassshh
We should take over.

Jmanghan
Its back!!!! big grin

Kazenji
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Its back!!!! big grin

Got a link to prove it?

Jmanghan
Got a link to prove it? http://kotaku.com/tag/silent-hills

I mean... Its another game exactly like P.T. with all the same people behind it, including Norman Reedus.

Kazenji
That's 'Death Stranding', silly fool

a thread for it got made when E3 was on this year.

FinalAnswer
http://kotaku.com/tag/silent-hills

I mean... Its another game exactly like P.T. with all the same people behind it, including Norman Reedus.

It's nothing like P.T.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
It's nothing like P.T. This. Not horror, probably third person, its gonna be open world, etc

Not Silent Hills sad

I still haven't healed from this cancellation.

Arachnid1
Ay_RAkE7bUY&t=7s

I probably shouldn't have went back and rewatched that (kind of like an ex girlfriend, right?), but man I'm still not over losing this. Death Stranding cant replace Silent Hills for me.

ArtificialGlory
Ay_RAkE7bUY&t=7s

I probably shouldn't have went back and rewatched that (kind of like an ex girlfriend, right?), but man I'm still not over losing this. Death Stranding cant replace Silent Hills for me.
Don't worry, the last good SH game was 4 anyway.

Adam Grimes
Downpour wasn't all that bad tbh.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Downpour wasn't all that bad tbh.
Blasphemer! Downpour was an abomination that was more or less the final nail in the coffin of a once-proud franchise.

Adam Grimes
That's 4 bro!

Arachnid1
For anyone who cares, the Silent Hill HD Collection (so 2 and 3) and Homecoming went BC for Xbox One yesterday. Downpour went BC a couple months back too.

NemeBro
Silent Hill HD Collection is shit.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Downpour wasn't all that bad tbh. Downpour was awful.

Arachnid1
Silent Hill HD Collection is shit. Yeah I'm aware of everything they fuked up, but whatever. Outside of emulating, its my only option until they make my OG xbox disk BC. I'll take what I can get.

Downpour was awful. It wasn't bad. The story (outside of the botched ending) was good and the side missions were pretty well done. It was cool truly exploring the town for once. Murphy and that corrupt cop were pretty good characters too. The only thing I truly hated about it was the enemy design (too humanoid), the overall jankiness, and the stupid killer black hole in the otherworld. Otherwise it was a step in the right direction from homecoming.

EDIT: lol

I hope all those games turn out to suck just to spite you, to be honest. Silent Hillls died (this was the dead worst), Routine never saw the light of day, Fatal Frame never came to the US.

At least RE7, Dying Light, Evil With 1/2, and Alien Isolation all came out phenomenal though. Not enough to replace Silent Hills, but it's something. :/

Adam Grimes
Downpour was awful. Nah, you're wrong. Only thing really bad about the game is the performance, otherwise is a pretty decent SH game with a superb story and very interesting characters.

Kazenji
Silent Hill HD Collection is shit.

heard it was for the 360

not that i experienced any of the so called problems with it.

Arachnid1
https://twitter.com/Hoolopee/status/1176880933187837953? ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm
%5E1176880933187837953&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2F2%2Ftwitter.min.html%231176880933187837953

Jesus, I wish. I nearly shat myself from tha clip alone.

Come back Silent Hill...

https://pics.me.me/thumb_download-135kib-700x710-wojak-crying-sony-png-image-with-53344791.png

NemeBro
I don't want you to ever bump this phucking thread unless Silent Hills is uncanceled with Kojima heading it.

Arachnid1
You feel it too, don't you Neme?

We're trapped 5 years in the past. sad

Nemesis X
PT was confirmed backward compatible and Konami yoinked it.

03wbJ35xRQA

Arachnid1
https://pics.me.me/thumb_download-135kib-700x710-wojak-crying-sony-png-image-with-53344791.png

In other Silent Hill news, some industry analyst on twitter named Roberto Serrano (I'm not familiar) is claiming that Konami is planning to unveil the long rumored Silent Hill reboot at the upcoming Game Awards on December 1.

https://twitter.com/geronimo_73/status/1322454498921644033? ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm
%5E1322454498921644033%7Ctwgr%5Eshare_3&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2F2%2Ftwitter.min.html1322454498921644033

doubt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.