Thor -Vs- Superman : Aaa has this fight ever been done before?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Who wins?
No prep..
No B.F.R..

Thor is striped of his power and hammer.
No a mortal man..

Thor

Vs

Superman

Superman loses all his powers and walks metropolis and a normal man.

Who wins?
No weapons.. Only h2h
Fight takes place in a mall in Metropolis..

Silent Master
Thor

pym-ftw
Thor stomps with ease.

Its like asking who wins in a fight, John Elway or Alexander the Great...

abhilegend
Superman. Easily.

Khazra Reborn
Preboot Superman had some great feats of skill while depowered, could go either way with him. Current Superman has no feats of skill, in fact some writers have gone out of their way to show Superman's lack of skill. So, powerless against current Supes I'd say Thor wins nearly everytime, and preboot, IMO It'd be pretty close to a split. Edge to Thor if he retains his Asgardian physiology.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Preboot Superman had some great feats of skill while depowered, could go either way with him. Current Superman has no feats of skill, in fact some writers have gone out of their way to show Superman's lack of skill. So, powerless against current Supes I'd say Thor wins nearly everytime, and preboot, IMO It'd be pretty close to a split. Edge to Thor if he retains his Asgardian physiology.
Only soule has done so. In fact Frankenstien has stated that Superman is the greatest warrior he has ever seen.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/125391/3335993-ooqjustice+league+dark+%282011-%29+022-009.jpg

Notice wonder woman is on the same spot.

He also beat Xa-du using boxing when Xa-du was explicitly as strong as him and he was weakened.

Delta1938
Originally posted by abhilegend
Only soule has done so. In fact Frankenstien has stated that Superman is the greatest warrior he has ever seen.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/125391/3335993-ooqjustice+league+dark+%282011-%29+022-009.jpg

Notice wonder woman is on the same spot.

He also beat Xa-du using boxing when Xa-du was explicitly as strong as him and he was weakened.

Greater warrior than Wonder Woman? Some impressive lip service. Beating someone who's supposed to be as strong as him(fully powered) when he was weakened using skill? Definitely impressive. Got scans?

krisblaze
Thor easy.

As seen during Ellis' run.

Zack Fair
So we're going to say Superman wins simply because of some lip service? No actual scans showcasing skills. Not any mention of training or anything. Just what Frankenstein said. Really? LOL

You guys take this shit to the extreme.

Thor humbles and owns the living shit out of current Superman.

Warlord
Thor speedblitzes him

Delta1938
Originally posted by Zack Fair
So we're going to say Superman wins simply because of some lip service? LOL.

You guys take this shit to the extreme.

Thor humbles and owns the living shit out of current Superman.

If you look again, Abhi also cited an example, which, if he's correct, is a legit example(weakened Superman beating someone as strong as him at full power with boxing), just didn't post scans. And I didn't vote, I simply was impressed with those examples. Superman getting that lip service is a huge contrast to his showing against Zod who specifically talked about Superman's lack of skill. I would NOT use that(Frankenstein's lip service) alone, but I thought it was a cool scene.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Delta1938
If you look again, Abhi also cited an example, which, if he's correct, is a legit example(weakened Superman beating someone as strong as him at full power with boxing), just didn't post scans. And I didn't vote, I simply was impressed with those examples. Superman getting that lip service is a huge contrast to his showing against Zod who specifically talked about Superman's lack of skill. I would NOT use that(Frankenstein's lip service) alone, but I thought it was a cool scene. Yeah. Cool. I didn't read Abhil's follow up with the boxing.

It is still not enough though. Thor has a lot showings with his skill. I don't feel like mentioning any tho. Because thats up to the thorbags.

krisblaze
If you look again, Abhi also cited an example, which, if he's correct, is a legit example(weakened Superman beating someone as strong as him at full power with boxing), just didn't post scans. And I didn't vote, I simply was impressed with those examples. Superman getting that lip service is a huge contrast to his showing against Zod who specifically talked about Superman's lack of skill. I would NOT use that(Frankenstein's lip service) alone, but I thought it was a cool scene.

*shrug*

Thor has Mjolnir because he's the greatest warrior in Asgard, in all the nine worlds. As explicitly stated in Son of Asgard.

Thor's older than Frankenstein, and his honour spans several worlds. Frankenstein's lip-service ain't shit smile

Delta1938
Yeah. Cool. I didn't read Abhil's follow up with the boxing.

It is still not enough though. Thor has a lot showings with his skill. I don't feel like mentioning any tho. Because thats up to the thorbags.

We'll have to wait for Abhi to confirm, but I THINK his vote was based on Pre-FLASHPOINT Superman, and him posting that Frankenstein lip service, and citing the boxing skill feat, was in response to Khazra saying writers have gone out of their way to highlight his lack of skill. Abhi started his post(to Khazra) as, "Only soule has done so."

Originally posted by krisblaze
*shrug*

Thor has Mjolnir because he's the greatest warrior in Asgard, in all the nine worlds. As explicitly stated in Son of Asgard.

Thor's older than Frankenstein, and his honour spans several worlds. Frankenstein's lip-service ain't shit smile

.....I'm not sure why you're replying to me?

krisblaze
.....I'm not sure why you're replying to me?

Superman in your sig.

Zack Fair
Superman in your sig. LMAO!!! thumb up

/thread.

Delta1938
Superman in your sig.

So I didn't vote for either, and you didn't write anything that actually argued with anything I said, so you're arguing with me while not arguing anything I said because I'm a Superman fan?

Zack Fair
So I didn't vote for either, and you didn't write anything that actually argued with anything I said, so you're arguing with me while not arguing anything I said because I'm a Superman fan? Yes.

Deal with it, mother ****er.

uhuh

riv6672
Thor wins.

Also, if abhi uses the same boxing scans he once showed me, it really wasnt that impressive. Superman can box, he's not Ted Grant, or even Ben Grimm.
I've seen Doc Strange use martial arts, but he's not beating Shang Chi.

abhi isnt lying. He just makes more (and less) of certain things, depending. Its something we're all guilty if to some degree.

Delta1938
Yes.

Deal with it, mother ****er.

uhuh

Shut the Thork up you Thorking Thork!! mad

Originally posted by riv6672
Thor wins.

Also, if abhi uses the same boxing scans he once showed me, it really wasnt that impressive. Superman can box, he's not Ted Grant, or even Ben Grimm.
I've seen Doc Strange use martial arts, but he's not beating Shang Chi.

abhi isnt lying. He just makes more (and less) of certain things, depending. Its something we're all guilty if to some degree.

I've seen Doc Strange hold his own against Mantis hand-to-hand. shifty Or maybe it was Moondragon? Can't remember.

Bentley
I think he has owned both ermm

As for the thread, right now I give it to Thor. Give it a few years and Kal might as well spank his *ss.

riv6672
I've seen Doc Strange hold his own against Mantis hand-to-hand. shifty Or maybe it was Moondragon? Can't remember.
I havent, but dang it now you've totally invalidated my point.
Why did i try and use an example? Whyyy? laughing out loud

All Thorkness aside, simply because Superman can box doesnt make him one of the best boxers in comics.
No matter what some people will have you believe.

krisblaze
Originally posted by Bentley
I think he has owned both ermm

As for the thread, right now I give it to Thor. Give it a few years and Kal might as well spank his *ss.
Spank his Silver Surfer?

Not sure what part of Thor you're referring to here, but it's disturbing.

riv6672
Haha!

Delta1938
I havent, but dang it now you've totally invalidated my point.
Why did i try and use an example? Whyyy? laughing out loud

All Thorkness aside, simply because Superman can box doesnt make him one of the best boxers in comics.
No matter what some people will have you believe.

big grin I am hazy on who it was, it actually might have been Moondragon AND Gamora at once. All I can tell you for sure is I went "Holy shit" 'cuz it was way better than I ever expected from Doctor Strange hand-to-hand.

And I get what ya mean. I THINK Abhi was posting that stuff in response to Khazar who said writers go out of their way to emphasize Superman's lack of skill, as Abhi said "only soule." To be honest, considering Supermex tends to specify "DCnU" in his posts, I think he intended this to be Pre-FLASHPOINT Superman.

riv6672
Supermex also likes to add stips as he goes, so, you never know!laughing out loud

Current Superman is just not as skilled as the older version. I'd still give the win to Thor in this scenario regardless of the version.
Bias? I dont think so.
I'm one of the first to admit Supes is the more powerful of the two, powers on.

DarkSaint85
Thor wins.

Preboot Kal has a better chance, much better chance. And may (will?) even win.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Superman. Current Thor lacks the speed and goes faster down than Christy Mack.

Supermex
Powerless Thor vs Powerless Superman

Who wins?
Street fight..

I got u Riv lol smile

DarkSaint85
Which one

Igniz
Current Superman if powerless will lose badly to Thor w/o powers.I remember Odin making Thor fight for a year w/o his hammer or any weapon.Defeated Grog the God crusher while powerless according to the Official Index of the Marvel Universe Thor.Balder had Thor's power at that time fighting Seth.

riv6672
Odin for sure believes in tough love...huh

Delta1938
Originally posted by Igniz
Current Superman if powerless will lose badly to Thor w/o powers.I remember Odin making Thor fight for a year w/o his hammer or any weapon.Defeated Grog the God crusher while powerless according to the Official Index of the Marvel Universe Thor.Balder had Thor's power at that time fighting Seth.

I think Thor was stripped of his godhood or something like that, but it's hard for me to believe he was powerless when I saw the fight. He was swinging a chain causing a bunch of enemies to go flying(seemed to be superhumanly strong, although not impossible for "Peak Human" strength to do something like that), and he basically just tackled Grog and punched him a couple times or so IIRC. He very well may have been weakened, but I can't believe he was powerless based on the fight itself.

riv6672
Seems iffy, yeah. but lord knows peak human means more and more as time hoes by.

Delta1938
Seems iffy, yeah. but lord knows peak human means more and more as time hoes by.

I wasn't aware time was out on the streets selling itself to Johns.

krisblaze
He wasn't powerless when he beat Grog, he still had some of his strength.

He still has some feats from the end of Thor v1 where he was peak human for a while and fought alongside Cap.

maxivitopowe
Thor

abhilegend
Thor easy.

As seen during Ellis' run.
Thor with powers can't handle a normal man as shown just now in Captain America.

laughing out loud

J/K.

But yeah, Superman retains his kryptonian density and above human power even after being powerless. Add to the fact that he was a street level fighter in early days who is not above playing dirty and can take huge amount of punishment before going down and he would win here convincingly. Thor and his vaunted skills aren't worth shit here against a legit meta.

This ain't boy scout post-crisis Superman.Originally posted by krisblaze
*shrug*

*shrug*

So does Superman's, whose battle skills is legend across time and space as shown when they were acknowledged by Pax Galactica and Legion of Superheroes.

Igniz
He wasn't powerless when he beat Grog, he still had some of his strength.

He still has some feats from the end of Thor v1 where he was peak human for a while and fought alongside Cap.

I was reading the graphic novel which confirmed a lot of things about Thor's history.For example, Thor truth of history and Thor Vikings were confirmed canonical.Even details were those story took place.Even Thor's appearance in Venus#12 1951(This was stated to be Thor's golden age 1st appearance while JIM#83 is his silver age appearance) is confirmed canonical.There was even a Pre JIM 83 Chronology section in it.So I just felt sharing it here cool

Delta1938
I was reading the graphic novel which confirmed a lot of things about Thor's history.For example, Thor truth of history and Thor Vikings were confirmed canonical.Even details were those story took place.Even Thor's appearance in Venus#12 1951(This was stated to be Thor's golden age 1st appearance while JIM#83 is his silver age appearance) is confirmed canonical.There was even a Pre JIM 83 Chronology section in it.So I just felt sharing it here cool

I definitely could be wrong, but I would think that the Thor in VENUS was not the Thor that appeared in JIM #83, but later Marvel decided to retcon it as the same Thor. Kinda like how, IIRC, at one point DC retconned Wonder Woman's Golden Age appearances to be Diana's mom visiting the past.

riv6672
You lost me.

krisblaze
But yeah, Superman retains his kryptonian density and above human power even after being powerless. Add to the fact that he was a street level fighter in early days who is not above playing dirty and can take huge amount of punishment before going down and he would win here convincingly. Thor and his vaunted skills aren't worth shit here against a legit meta.

I agree.

Superman shouldn't become an ordinary man if he loses his powers temporarily, it's been stressed so many times that he's not a human with super-powers, but a Kryptonian under yellow sun.

I don't think the thread starter is aware of this, but thinks that both would be ordinary humans if they lost their powers (which Thor more or less would be), a scenario in which I think Thor wins. If not, then Superman wins.

Delta1938
You lost me.

big grin

riv6672
Hahaha! thumb up

Newjak
I agree.

Superman shouldn't become an ordinary man if he loses his powers temporarily, it's been stressed so many times that he's not a human with super-powers, but a Kryptonian under yellow sun.

I don't think the thread starter is aware of this, but thinks that both would be ordinary humans if they lost their powers (which Thor more or less would be), a scenario in which I think Thor wins. If not, then Superman wins. IF we are doing that wouldn't Thor keep his normal Asgardian physiology as well?

But besides that point I think it is pretty clear that the intention of this thread was for a human level Thor and human level Superman to go at it.

Delta1938
Hahaha! thumb up

big grin

But seriously though. I didn't read the story yet(pretty sure I have it, but I have lots and lots of comics I haven't read yet), so maybe there's something that could've stated definitively that Thor was powerless. And if so, well, ok. Writer's intent. But looking at the fight by itself? No, I'm not buyin' that a powerless Thor beat Grog through pure skill. And the fight was pretty much no-skill, just standard determined punches. If Thor's skill was that great, why does he have any problems, with say, Kurse? That would be like borderline Karate Kid level skill on top of Top-Tier strength and should own Kurse.

krisblaze
Originally posted by Newjak
IF we are doing that wouldn't Thor keep his normal Asgardian physiology as well?

But besides that point I think it is pretty clear that the intention of this thread was for a human level Thor and human level Superman to go at it.

True enough, and yeah, I assumed it would be human Thor vs human Superman.

Delta1938
So, the real question is, which Superman did Supermex intend? Like I said, he has a habit of specifying DCnU. Supermex, did you forget, or intend Pre-FLASHPOINT Superman?

Blue Area Vet
Supermex also likes to add stips as he goes, so, you never know!laughing out loud

Current Superman is just not as skilled as the older version. I'd still give the win to Thor in this scenario regardless of the version.
Bias? I dont think so.
I'm one of the first to admit Supes is the more powerful of the two, powers on.

But he's not.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
But he's not.

roll eyes (sarcastic) I can see where this is going.

Supermex
IF we are doing that wouldn't Thor keep his normal Asgardian physiology as well?

This is correctsmile

Delta1938
Originally posted by Supermex
This is correctsmile

So, the real question is, which Superman did Supermex intend? Like I said, he has a habit of specifying DCnU. Supermex, did you forget, or intend Pre-FLASHPOINT Superman?

Blue Area Vet
Thor with powers can't handle a normal man as shown just now in Captain America.

laughing out loud

J/K.

This ain't boy scout post-crisis Superman.
*shrug*

So does Superman's, whose battle skills is legend across time and space as shown when they were acknowledged by Pax Galactica and Legion of Superheroes.

No he does not keep his Kryptonian density, although you head does. Wtf, did you bother reading the OP? A NORMAL MAN. Furthermore, even in your messed up misinterpretation, why would Thor not retain his 680lbs of dense muscle at well? Damn you have issues.

This is not a fight. Thor is the greatest warrior in the 9 realms who happens to be 6'6". But Superman is a tomato can boxer?? Hilarious. So, a middle weight random boxer could beat Conan? Happy Dance

Supermex

My habit of late is dcnu just because I like to you use current standard levels of the hero or villain.

In this case I forgot that Clark pre-flashpoint and Dcnu are different in the knowledge learned so far in there hero life's..

In thus case to be more fair to Superman we will use per-Flashpoint unarmed Superman at human-level..

The same is for Thor, unarmed human-level..

H2H street fight!!

celeyhyga17
Based on stips, Thor.

Delta1938
My habit of late is dcnu just because I like to you use current standard levels of the hero or villain.

In this case I forgot that Clark pre-flashpoint and Dcnu are different in the knowledge learned so far in there hero life's..

In thus case to be more fair to Superman we will use per-Flashpoint unarmed Superman at human-level..

H2H street fight!!

Well then, Superman wins. big grin

riv6672
No he does not keep his Kryptonian density, although you head does. Wtf, did you bother reading the OP? A NORMAL MAN. Furthermore, even in your messed up misinterpretation, why would Thor not retain his 680lbs of dense muscle at well? Damn you have issues.

This is not a fight. Thor is the greatest warrior in the 9 realms who happens to be 6'6". But Superman is a tomato can boxer?? Hilarious. So, a middle weight random boxer could beat Conan? Happy Dance
You have to love creative interpretations.

You do a good job of getting things back on point though...thumb up

DarkOdin
Thor rather easily he retains his his fighting skills plus we have seen him in mortal from and his strength would crush poor clark. exam lifting the bull statue i am not aware of anything superman has on par with that being "human"

Newjak
So, the real question is, which Superman did Supermex intend? Like I said, he has a habit of specifying DCnU. Supermex, did you forget, or intend Pre-FLASHPOINT Superman? According to rules if not specified you always use the latest version of the characters.

Although he did clarify.

And I would take Thor in both, Pre Flashpoint puts up a better fight.

h1a8
Thor beats current Superman. Post Crisis Superman is a different beast though and could possibly win some against Thor.

Delta1938
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Thor rather easily he retains his his fighting skills plus we have seen him in mortal from and his strength would crush poor clark. exam lifting the bull statue i am not aware of anything superman has on par with that being "human"

So basically you're saying human level Thor has superhuman strength.

According to rules if not specified you always use the latest version of the characters.

Although he did clarify.

And I would take Thor in both, Pre Flashpoint puts up a better fight.

I know what the rules say, but my question was due to Supermex's habit of specifying New 52. And you have the right to be wrong about Thor who loses this fight. sneer

deathlife
Thor handily

Silent Master
Thor wins both, though the fight against pre-flashpoint Supes is a closer fight.

DarkOdin
So basically you're saying human level Thor has superhuman strength.

I know what the rules say, but my question was due to Supermex's habit of specifying New 52. And you have the right to be wrong about Thor who loses this fight. sneer

Yes i am

Delta1938
Yes i am

Well, you're rong.

This is correctsmile

Superman wins.

DarkOdin
Well, you're rong.

Superman wins.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix4/goldenbullthor.htm

no son i am right

Delta1938
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix4/goldenbullthor.htm

no son i am right

The thread starter confirmed this is human level Thor(not superhuman Thor) against human level Superman. So, you missed it, misunderstood it, or are ignoring it to either troll or just give your preferred character an advantage. Which is it, SON?

Silent Master
You're just upset that human level Thor would be stronger than human level Superman smile

Delta1938
Originally posted by Silent Master
You're just upset that human level Thor would be stronger than human level Superman smile

You added a smilie to try and hide your trolling. You have evolved from your HeroChat days. Grow more, Snake Eyes. Grow out of being a troll.

And I must compliment you for getting "you're" right. Most trolls don't. Good show.

DarkOdin
The thread starter confirmed this is human level Thor(not superhuman Thor) against human level Superman. So, you missed it, misunderstood it, or are ignoring it to either troll or just give your preferred character an advantage. Which is it, SON? In the same comic a human "barely" picked-up an elephant. By comic standards humans do stuff that people can't in the real world. deal with it

Also it the op says twice powerless thor. not human level thor

Blue Area Vet
You added a smilie to try and hide your trolling. You have evolved from your HeroChat days. Grow more, Snake Eyes. Grow out of being a troll.

And I must compliment you for getting "you're" right. Most trolls don't. Good show.

Um, Delta, what possible advantage does a 6'2" 220 pound amatuer boxer have against a 6'6", 290-300 (estimated) pound Champion MMA fighter?

Delta1938
In the same comic a human "barely" picked-up an elephant. By comic standards humans do stuff that people can't in the real world. deal with it

Also it the op says twice powerless thor. not human level thor

Newjack said--

Supermex quoted him and said--

This is correctsmile

And that's not including him saying "The same is for Thor, unarmed human-level" when I asked Pre or Post-FLASHPOINT Superman, due to his habit of specifying DCnU. So, are you ignoring it to give your preferred character the advantage, missed it, or just got it wrong?

Um, Delta, what possible advantage does a 6'2" 220 pound amatuer boxer have against a 6'6", 290-300 (estimated) pound Champion MMA fighter?

H2H street fight!!

Pressure points FTW!!! Also, apparently Thor sucks at wrestling.

Branlor Swift
Thor easily

Supermex
Where's JBL when you need him??
The Wank-Stopper lol

Prof. T.C McAbe
Where's JBL when you need him??
The Wank-Stopper lol

The same quote, differen't thread, are you his biatch or just a sock account?

Supermex
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
The same quote, differen't thread, are you his biatch or just a sock account?

I'm his lil buddysmile

Philosophía
Thor, but only because Charles Soule is retarded.

Pre-DCnU Superman beats Thor senseless.

Blue Area Vet

maxivitopowe
I'm his lil buddysmile

That sounds wrong

Supermex
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
That sounds wrong

What's wrong with being friends? lol

Now watch JBL come on here and kick me to the curb lol
All I know is the dude puts wankers in there place!! Hehe

krisblaze

quanchi112
Thor wins.

panthergod
Superman wins. Easily.

riv6672
Ha, panthergod. big grin

quanchi112
Ha, panthergod. big grin He is scared to debate here and runs off.

riv6672
I miss some of the old gang!

quanchi112
I miss some of the old gang! Why does the owner of herochat let his site go offline for months at a time ?

riv6672
No idea, brother.

Delta1938
What's wrong with being friends? lol

Now watch JBL come on here and kick me to the curb lol
All I know is the dude puts wankers in there place!! Hehe

.....you have a very skewered perspective of the troll named "JBL."

Delta1938
Originally posted by quanchi112
Why does the owner of herochat let his site go offline for months at a time ?

HeroChat has a Facebook page. Try reaching him there. I read someone bring-up it's been over a month a while back and the owner was surprised it's been that long, said something about there's some technical problems he needs to work-out with the site host, and he had a few family deaths happen in a short period of time that put fixing HeroChat on hold. That was a while ago when I read it, though.

riv6672
Ah, thanks. i dont facebook unfortunately.

DarkOdin
Newjack said--

Supermex quoted him and said--

And that's not including him saying "The same is for Thor, unarmed human-level" when I asked Pre or Post-FLASHPOINT Superman, due to his habit of specifying DCnU. So, are you ignoring it to give your preferred character the advantage, missed it, or just got it wrong?

Pressure points FTW!!! Also, apparently Thor sucks at wrestling.

Again thor was a mortal human. he didn't keep his asgardian traits and yet he still lifted the bull

where as superman depowered he is still a kyptonian

Thor becomes human.

Delta1938
Again thor was a mortal human. he didn't keep his asgardian traits and yet he still lifted the bull

where as superman depowered he is still a kyptonian

Thor becomes human.

Doesn't matter what examples from the comics you cite if the topic is intended as Thor being human level, meaning he's not as strong as you're arguing.

DarkSaint85

That doesn't make sense. How can he be human.....and yet, lift the bull?

Unless he was depowered down to normal ASGARDIAN levels (like Fandral or something).

Anyways, OP seems to want them to spar with a similar strength level (so Thor may well be stronger due to his physique, but not magnitudes ).

And as its preboot, I think Supes has a fair few skill showings.

Delta1938
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Unless he was depowered down to normal ASGARDIAN levels (like Fandral or something).

Anyways, OP seems to want them to spar with a similar strength level (so Thor may well be stronger due to his physique, but not magnitudes ).

mad I said "pressure points FTW" dammit!!! mad

DarkOdin

no he was mortal not a normal asgardian hell look at 99.9% of what street-levels do.

Heck a human in the same comic lifted an elephant for crying out loud if

are we going by human comic book level or the real world that is a huge difference

DarkOdin
Doesn't matter what examples from the comics you cite if the topic is intended as Thor being human level, meaning he's not as strong as you're arguing. incorrect yet again

by comic standards human-level strength is crazy

unless the op means real world standards then the comic feats go out the window

DarkSaint85
no he was mortal not a normal asgardian hell look at 99.9% of what street-levels do.

Heck a human in the same comic lifted an elephant for crying out loud if

are we going by human comic book level or the real world that is a huge difference
Fair enough.

Was there anything special about the human-carrying-elephant?

I wager he wasn't as 'ripped' as Clark would be.

So Clark would be able to carry an elephant too, no?

incorrect yet again

by comic standards human-level strength is crazy

unless the op means real world standards then the comic feats go out the window

So if Clark has human-level strength, and you've proven that human level means elephant carrying.....

DarkOdin
Fair enough.

So if Clark has human-level strength, and you've proven that human level means elephant carrying..... nothing special just a strong man

DarkSaint85
nothing special just a strong man

Clark could be a strong man...

DarkOdin
Fair enough.

So if Clark has human-level strength, and you've proven that human level means elephant carrying..... true humans can lift an elephant, however clark and every other human doesn't have the feats to back it .

DarkSaint85
But there was nothing special about this strong man.

Delta1938
Fair enough.

So if Clark has human-level strength, and you've proven that human level means elephant carrying.....

Clark has some seemingly superhuman feats when he was amnesic or whatever and powerless and thought he was Gangbuster, but I'll have to find the comics.

DarkOdin
But there was nothing special about this strong man. nope just one of the strongest guys they could find for the circus

DarkSaint85
nope just one of the strongest guys they could find for the circus

But still human level (as in, no serum/chi/heart shaped herbs/mutations), right? So if Clark was there, he too would be able to lift an elephant, even if its a baby elephant, as he would be in the same magnitude as this strong man (i.e. in the ballpark of a normal human guy of his height and build who engages in regular intensive exercise).

DarkOdin
But still human level (as in, no serum/chi/heart shaped herbs/mutations), right? So if Clark was there, he too would be able to lift an elephant, even if its a baby elephant, as he would be in the same magnitude as this strong man (i.e. in the ballpark of a normal human guy of his height and build who engages in regular intensive exercise). you can't say that because regular intenisve exercise makes you a strong man.

You have bodybuidlers, powerlifters etc.... the strong man would be on the higher tiers where would clark be you would need a feat to back it. the punisher would fall into your class but he doesn't have the feat to back it

Branlor Swift
But still human level (as in, no serum/chi/heart shaped herbs/mutations), right? So if Clark was there, he too would be able to lift an elephant, even if its a baby elephant, as he would be in the same magnitude as this strong man (i.e. in the ballpark of a normal human guy of his height and build who engages in regular intensive exercise). That'd be like assuming these queens are as strong as Kingpin just because of the bav no explanation thing going on.

Fact is Thor is way stronger than a human when he's still a human. He's either stronger than Superman by a large degree and more skilled or he's just more skilled. Either way you look at it.

Just because Supremex overlooked the comics that doesn't mean we take away every showing of Thor being human. Although I can see why we'd want to because iirc he was comparable to Cap a few times.

riv6672
Wow, only comic fans would quibble over what a powerless human is....i'm so confused as to which version of Thor beats which version of Supes. laughing out loud

LordofBrooklyn
Clark knows the deadliest martial art in any universe

TORQASM-VO

Thor dies..brutally!

riv6672
laughing out loud

pym-ftw
I honestly don't get the argument

Peak human Thor > Peak Human Supes
depowered Thor >>> Depowered Supes
Thor > Supes.

evil face

Delta1938
So, I skimmed through the time Superman would black out and think he was Gangbuster. His mind has suppressed his powers to the point he didn't have them before. Here's some strength stuff, most of it pretty typical of Street Levelers.

Breaks down metal doors.

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Fighting%20Skills/While%20Powerless/Gangbuster/Strength/th_AOS446-PG21.jpg

Tosses guys like ragdolls and casually holding them up with one hand.

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Fighting%20Skills/While%20Powerless/Gangbuster/Strength/th_SUPERMAN_V2_26-PG17.jpg http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Fighting%20Skills/While%20Powerless/Gangbuster/Strength/th_SUPERMAN_V2_26-PG18.jpg

Shatters doors and desks and breaks through a mystic sphere" that said to have held 6 men helpless in the past.

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Fighting%20Skills/While%20Powerless/Gangbuster/Strength/th_SUPERMAN_V2_26-PG19.jpg http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Fighting%20Skills/While%20Powerless/Gangbuster/Strength/th_SUPERMAN_V2_26-PG20.jpg

Throws a guard into a bunch of other guards then lifts the table and uses it to barricade the door.

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Fighting%20Skills/While%20Powerless/Gangbuster/Strength/th_SUPERMAN_V2_27-PG10.jpg http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Fighting%20Skills/While%20Powerless/Gangbuster/Strength/th_SUPERMAN_V2_27-PG11.jpg

After landing from a few stories into a garbage bin, breaks it. This was before Guardian found-out he's Superman, which led to Superman finding what he was doing.

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Fighting%20Skills/While%20Powerless/Gangbuster/Strength/th_SUPERMAN_V2_27-PG21.jpg

Squirtle
But still human level (as in, no serum/chi/heart shaped herbs/mutations), right? So if Clark was there, he too would be able to lift an elephant, even if its a baby elephant, as he would be in the same magnitude as this strong man (i.e. in the ballpark of a normal human guy of his height and build who engages in regular intensive exercise).

Uh... you are (wrongly) asuming that just because a man can do something, every men should be be able to do it.

There are biological differences, not everybody is able to do something, just because somebody else does it. In those cases no amount of "intensive exercise" will make it possible either.

You can be human and still be the ONLY human being known in the face of the Earth capable of doing x stuff. In those cases talking about "human level" as something possible for any human to reach is... confused not right.

http://www.runnersworld.com/runners-stories/karnazes-effect
http://www.discoveryuk.com/web/stan-lees-superhumans/videos/?video=stan-lees-superhuman-super-strength
http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/24344/title/The-world-s-densest-bones/

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Thor > Supes.

evil face

MENTIRAS

pym-ftw
So do you agree with my other points Lob?

LordofBrooklyn
So do you agree with my other points Lob?

No, and here is why.

When Torqasm Vo done correctly...

NO CAN DEFEND !

pym-ftw
Can Superman use it when not at full power?

Delta1938
Can Superman use it when not at full power?

It's not a Kryptonian power. It's more like a psionic equivalent to Chi techniques. Clark was teaching Lois it and she used it to create a mental link between them when he was in the Phantom Zone.

Trocity
Thor stomp

celeyhyga17
So, I skimmed through the time Superman would black out and think he was Gangbuster. His mind has suppressed his powers to the point he didn't have them before. Here's some strength stuff, most of it pretty typical of Street Levelers.

Breaks down metal doors.

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Fighting%20Skills/While%20Powerless/Gangbuster/Strength/th_AOS446-PG21.jpg

Tosses guys like ragdolls and casually holding them up with one hand.

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Fighting%20Skills/While%20Powerless/Gangbuster/Strength/th_SUPERMAN_V2_26-PG17.jpg http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Fighting%20Skills/While%20Powerless/Gangbuster/Strength/th_SUPERMAN_V2_26-PG18.jpg

Shatters doors and desks and breaks through a mystic sphere" that said to have held 6 men helpless in the past.

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Fighting%20Skills/While%20Powerless/Gangbuster/Strength/th_SUPERMAN_V2_26-PG19.jpg http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Fighting%20Skills/While%20Powerless/Gangbuster/Strength/th_SUPERMAN_V2_26-PG20.jpg

Throws a guard into a bunch of other guards then lifts the table and uses it to barricade the door.

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Fighting%20Skills/While%20Powerless/Gangbuster/Strength/th_SUPERMAN_V2_27-PG10.jpg http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Fighting%20Skills/While%20Powerless/Gangbuster/Strength/th_SUPERMAN_V2_27-PG11.jpg

After landing from a few stories into a garbage bin, breaks it. This was before Guardian found-out he's Superman, which led to Superman finding what he was doing.

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Fighting%20Skills/While%20Powerless/Gangbuster/Strength/th_SUPERMAN_V2_27-PG21.jpg
So you're saying he still had powers, but just didn't realize he had them.. embarrasment

Delta1938
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
So you're saying he still had powers, but just didn't realize he had them.. embarrasment

His mind regulates his powers. Under Byrne he was powerless too because he had amnesia. During UP, UP AND AWAY he was powerless for a year after INFINITE CRISIS because he subconsciously wanted a normal life for a while.

maxivitopowe
What does this have to do with anything

His mindset won't work here cos he is in a completely human body but with his mind and physique

Silent Master
They know Superman can't win a normal no-powers fight, so people are getting desperate for ways to give him an advantage.

Delta1938
What does this have to do with anything

His mindset won't work here cos he is in a completely human body but with his mind and physique

I'm showing feats when his powers were "shut off"(when he'd black-out) and he operated as Gangbuster.

Squirtle
From what I understand, he may mentally hold the expression of his powers but he still had kryptonian physiology, absorbing sunlight and whatnot.. his invulnerability and who knows what more may very well still played some role.

Unless you whant to afirm he totally changed his physiology, dna etc... good luck proving that.

Thor wins

Delta1938
They know Superman can't win a normal no-powers fight, so people are getting desperate for ways to give him an advantage.

Your hypocritical trolling post doesn't surprise me. Whine some more.

Originally posted by Squirtle
From what I understand, he may mentally hold the expression of his powers but he still had kryptonian physiology, absorbing sunlight and whatnot.. his invulnerability and who knows what more may very well still played some role.

Unless you whant to afirm he totally changed his physiology, dna etc... good luck proving that.

Thor wins

Survives the Firepits of Apokolips but is unconscious.

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Misc/Dynamic%20Nature%20Examples/Loses%20Powers%20Due%20To%20Amnesia/th_AOS426-PG01.jpg http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Misc/Dynamic%20Nature%20Examples/Loses%20Powers%20Due%20To%20Amnesia/th_AOS426-PG02.jpg http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Misc/Dynamic%20Nature%20Examples/Loses%20Powers%20Due%20To%20Amnesia/th_AOS426-PG03.jpg

When unconscious, his hand is fine. But when he wakes up, it burns.

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Misc/Dynamic%20Nature%20Examples/Loses%20Powers%20Due%20To%20Amnesia/th_AOS426-PG05.jpg http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Misc/Dynamic%20Nature%20Examples/Loses%20Powers%20Due%20To%20Amnesia/th_AOS426-PG06.jpg

celeyhyga17
His mind regulates his powers. Under Byrne he was powerless too because he had amnesia. During UP, UP AND AWAY he was powerless for a year after INFINITE CRISIS because he subconsciously wanted a normal life for a while. I always thought that he originally lost his powers because of the massive red sun radiation he received during infinite crisis, and was slow to getting them back because of his subconscious..

Anyways I understand what you're saying, but its sort of a stretch that he was completely human level as Gangbuster. I mean in the end he never actually lost his power though it was obvious his mind was preventing the full use of his faculties.

LordofBrooklyn

I told you Torqasm Vo!

Clark makes Thor tap out and cry like Thanos.

Delta1938
I always thought that he originally lost his powers because of the massive red sun radiation he received during infinite crisis, and was slow to getting them back because of his subconscious..

Anyways I understand what you're saying, but its sort of a stretch that he was completely human level as Gangbuster. I mean in the end he never actually lost his power though it was obvious his mind was preventing the full use of his faculties.

You're correct that he did lose them because of the end of INFINITE CRISIS. I guess I should've gone into more detail. He did not REGAIN his powers for a year, they even tested and saw his body wasn't absorbing solar energy, cells actually resisting it. It was late on he regained them bit by bit.

I showed above him being fine in the Firepits, and his hand being fine when he was unconscious, then burning when he woke-up with amnesia. He thought he was human, so he was physically human. When he was convinced by Darkseid that he was DS's son and gained power from DS, he regained his powers. Unless you think the stuff I showed is superhuman, from what I saw he looked to be at human(for comics) levels when he thought he was Gangbuster during his black-out spells. Hell, before he found-out he was Superman, he was fighting Guardian and hitting him with serious intent and not injuring Guardian.

abhilegend
Preboot Superman would push Thor's shit in here. Here he is beating Kobra in Batman's body AFTER Kobra ambushed him.

Superman in kobra's body vs kobra in batman's body

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_JLA-ForeignBodies-58.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_JLA-ForeignBodies-59.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_JLA-ForeignBodies-60.jpg

And Kobra has beaten Batman himself in h2h.

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/Spire84/Superman/kobrabeatingbats1.jpg
http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/Spire84/Superman/kobrabeatingbats2.jpg

That's far better than being Cap's sidekick.

big grin

So yeah, he would beat the ever loving shit out of Thor. Post-flashpoint it would be even split if they are both human. Both are brawlers 99% of the time.

*cue snake-eyes lowballing both batman and superman*

abhilegend
No, he was powerless due to amnesia.

Lek Kuen
Preboot Superman would push Thor's shit in here. Here he is beating Kobra in Batman's body AFTER Kobra ambushed him.

And Kobra has beaten Batman himself in h2h.

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/Spire84/Superman/kobrabeatingbats1.jpg
http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/Spire84/Superman/kobrabeatingbats2.jpg

That's far better than being Cap's sidekick.

big grin

So yeah, he would beat the ever loving shit out of Thor. Post-flashpoint it would be even split if they are both human. Both are brawlers 99% of the time.

*cue snake-eyes lowballing both batman and superman*

While people do exaggerate superman's defenselessness. Clark being better then batman when he's human is silly and will need more then one showing to prove that

Delta1938
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
While people do exaggerate superman's defenselessness. Clark being better then batman when he's human is silly and will need more then one showing to prove that

His fights with Orion who(to my knowledge) puts Thor to shame. big grin

riv6672
Say what you want, this Silent Master guy has a point.
It was the Superfans that started posting how Supes was more than human, to try and justify a win here.
Reading the thread makes it pretty obvious; superfans can NOT concede a loss, under any circumstances.

abhilegend
I always thought that he originally lost his powers because of the massive red sun radiation he received during infinite crisis, and was slow to getting them back because of his subconscious..

He was totally human level in stats though. That's how his powers worked in that era.

abhilegend
Just as Thor being able to follow Cap needs more than one showing, right?

Delta1938
Say what you want, this Silent Master guy has a point.
It was the Superfans that started posting how Supes was more than human, to try and justify a win here.
Reading the thread makes it pretty obvious; superfans can NOT concede a loss, under any circumstances.

er Thor fans kept going on about Thor's superhuman feats of strength while human. I took a look at stuff Supes did when powerless as Gangbuster when he thought he was Gangbuster. In an entertainment where Captain America throws his shield with enough force to outrun an ICBM already launched and Batman is kicking down doors that are supposed to withstand missile impacts or something like that, how is tossing guys like ragdolls and kicking through metal such an unacceptable thing?

Lek Kuen
Just as Thor being able to follow Cap needs more than one showing, right?

Not sure why you are saying this to me. I may have missed it, but I didn't see anyone say Thor with completely human stats is better then Captain America.

maxivitopowe
So Supes stole m Manhunters powers?

Delta1938
So Supes stole m Manhunters powers?

What?

riv6672
In response, Delta. In response.

If i were to start a thread...

Superman with no arms and no legs versus the Hulk

Initial superfan responses would be something like...

"WHICH version of the Hulk???"

"Superman STILL has heat vision!"

"Give hulk mjolnir just to make it fair."

"Hulk gets his shit pushed in."

Realizes that means Superman's head would then have to be up Hulk's ass

....you know what i meanmad

abhilegend
Not sure why you are saying this to me. I may have missed it, but I didn't see anyone say Thor with completely human stats is better then Captain America.
Well, Thor fans are saying that one time he ran alongside Cap so he beats Superman.

Delta1938
In response, Delta. In response.

If i were to start a thread...

Superman with no arms and no legs versus the Hulk

Initial superfan responses would be something like...

"WHICH version of the Hulk???"

"Superman STILL has heat vision!"

"Give hulk mjolnir just to make it fair."

"Hulk gets his shit pushed in."

Realizes that means Superman's head would then have to be up Hulk's ass

....you know what i meanmad

.....you being into that sort of thing isn't something I needed to know.

riv6672
Ha, i cant help being into pointing out the foibles of fanboys.

Delta1938
Ha, i cant help being into pointing out the foibles of fanboys.

If I were a fanboy, I certainly would be "foibled" by the thought of Superman flying into Hulk's rear end for.....Hulk's pleasure.

Carter might be into that, though. Maybe you two can write slash fic together.

riv6672
I understand you have no real response to my being right in what i said.
You should have realized by now that return jabs like you resorted to dont really get to me.
But, if its all you've got...smile

Delta1938
I understand you have no real response to my being right in what i said.
You should have realized by now that return jabs like you resorted to dont really get to me.
But, if its all you've got...smile

Well, you actually fell for Silent Master's trolling. Not much else I can do but point that out.

Blue Area Vet
Well, Thor fans are saying that one time he ran alongside Cap so he beats Superman.

That's nothing I heard Superman was the Jerry Cooney of boxing.

riv6672
Haha

abhilegend
That's nothing I heard Superman was the Jerry Cooney of boxing.
I heard that too!!!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>