The Green Goblin (616) vs Batman's Rogue Gallery

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
1st scenario
I placed these guys in order of most dangerous. There are those that are more powerful than others, but they may not be as bright.

2nd scenario
In all of the villains that Batman has in his rogue gallery, would Norman Osborn be the most dangerous, if he was a villain that operated out of Gotham?

http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/Batman_Rogues_Gallery

How does Norman do?

01. Victor Zsasz
02. Killer Croc
03. Cat Woman
04. Blockbuster
05. KG Beast
06. Deadshot
07. Catman
08. Joker
09. Bane
10. Clayface
11. Solomon Grundy
12. Red Hood (Jason Todd)
13. Poison Ivy
14. Deathstroke
15. Owlman

Supermutant
Bane is more a threat than Red Hood, and some versions of Grundy would wreck Goblin.

Goblin would be one of the most dangerous, but he would still job to Batman like the rest.

Stoic
Originally posted by Supermutant
Bane is more a threat than Red Hood, and some versions of Grundy would wreck Goblin.

Goblin would be one of the most dangerous, but he would still job to Batman like the rest.

Straight up I would agree that Bane is more powerful, but if Jason had time to prep, he could take Bane out with ease. I placed them in this order due to intellect, and not just pure power. If I was ordering them in terms of pure power with little to no regard to their intellect, the list would be much different. I think that Grundy is high enough. It's no doubt that in a slug-fest he'd take most if not all of these guys at once. He just isn't very bright in most cases though.

Supermutant
Originally posted by Stoic
Straight up I would agree that Bane is more powerful, but if Jason had time to prep, he could take Bane out with ease.

I can see Red Hood winning with one sided prep, but it wouldn't be easy, and Bane is clever especially with his own prep.

Slade vs Norman with no glider would be an awesome contest. Even with the glider Slade can withstand a lot of damage with his nth metal armor.

riv6672
In no prep fights i can see GG besting the majority of the list.

Goblin would be very dangerous, if he operated out of Gotham. Most? If he deduced Bats' ID yes.

pym-ftw
Norman could kill Bruce, so yeah Grundy & Clayface are outside the comfortable win zone but both are prepable.

Also +1 cool point for adding Zsasz.

riv6672
He's underused.

krisblaze
Originally posted by Stoic
Straight up I would agree that Bane is more powerful, but if Jason had time to prep, he could take Bane out with ease. I placed them in this order due to intellect, and not just pure power. If I was ordering them in terms of pure power with little to no regard to their intellect, the list would be much different. I think that Grundy is high enough. It's no doubt that in a slug-fest he'd take most if not all of these guys at once. He just isn't very bright in most cases though.

Jason is one of my favourite characters, but Bane is so much smarter than him that it's not even funny.

Bane was already one of Batman's most intelligent villains, and with venom-amped intelligence he should be the smartest of the bunch.

riv6672
He has amped intelligence?

krisblaze
Originally posted by riv6672
He has amped intelligence?
Venom makes him smarter.

And he's already a genius prior to that.

riv6672
Huh. Okay.thumb up

GG's formula has similar effects, and Osborn is a genius as well.

krisblaze
Yeah, I was thinking in comparison to Jason Todd, who was ranked higher than him.

Norman surely is a genius as well, but I think he stops at 8 or 11.

This was a good thread btw.

riv6672
Ah i gotcha on the Jason thing. My bad.

And yeah, GG wouldnt beat everyone on that list, but he'd do really really well.
And this IS a nice thread.

Stoic
Originally posted by krisblaze
Jason is one of my favourite characters, but Bane is so much smarter than him that it's not even funny.

Bane was already one of Batman's most intelligent villains, and with venom-amped intelligence he should be the smartest of the bunch.

I tried brother, but I had to balance smarts with power, and CIS that happens so often in comics that I could not ignore Bane's win to loss ratio. This is why Jason got such a high rank. I was going to place Bane higher, but his losses hindered him in my mind.

Originally posted by pym-ftw
Norman could kill Bruce, so yeah Grundy & Clayface are outside the comfortable win zone but both are prepable.

Also +1 cool point for adding Zsasz.

Yeah Vic is a cool character, had to use him here, and he's so much like Norman as well.

Originally posted by krisblaze
Yeah, I was thinking in comparison to Jason Todd, who was ranked higher than him.

Norman surely is a genius as well, but I think he stops at 8 or 11.

This was a good thread btw. Originally posted by riv6672
Ah i gotcha on the Jason thing. My bad.

And yeah, GG wouldnt beat everyone on that list, but he'd do really really well.
And this IS a nice thread.

Thanks, I was thinking about it for days before I posted. I think Norman would be the ultimate Batman villain. If i had 3 wishes, one of them would be to fuse Marvel and DC despite the fundamental differences that both universes have. If the Abstracts were fused, it would do away with the problem imo.

riv6672
The possibilities are there.
A joint venture, maybe a few mini series to start.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.