The Old Republic: Revan Returns in Update 3.0 Information

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
I have gathered information I found from the swtor miners, and decided to put it all together here:
http://i39.servimg.com/u/f39/17/73/92/12/rakata10.jpg

Codex Entries:
Master of the Revanites: Jedi turned Sith turned Jedi again: the life of Revan has been one of great contradiction. But when the Sith Emperor imprisoned Revan for more than three hundred years, Revan's ambitions became focused as never before, seeking to use his affinity with the Force to secretly influence his jailor. But Revan became unhinged in the end, and careened once more toward the dark side. Escaping imprisonment in a mad bid to destroy the Emperor for good, he was stopped by an Imperial strike force and believed dead. If Revan has returned from the brink to lead the order that bears his name, it could be that his temperament has evened to suit the Revanites' key tenet of maintaining balance in the Force. Then again, considering that the Order of Revan was formed out of a deep devotion to his deeds, it's possible they would do anything Revan decreed regardless of his reasoning or intent. Since "Revan" has decided to make his presence known, it is undoubtedly only a matter of time before speculation gives way to certainty.
Infinite Army: Since its destruction, many have sought to own pieces of the fabled Star Forge--an automated Rakata shipyard capable of infinite manufacturing. A Selkath experimenting with cybernetic applications using Rakatan technology was one of those looking to harness the Star Forge's immeasurable power. With the shipyard's self-replicating properties, the Selkath theorized implementation of its parts could allow his test subjects to survive the grafting process, and to achieve virtual immortality. When the Order of Revan made a piece of the Star Forge available to him, the Selkath was able to prove his theories and the Infinite Army was born. This is not the first time the notion of an Infinite Army was conceived. A tormented Jedi looking to destroy the Sith Emperor once appropriated a long-abandoned Rakata foundry built into an asteroid. However, his reputed plan to use the foundry to build an "infinite army" of extermination droids was ultimately prevented.
Rakata Prime: Many thousands of years ago, in the sparsely populated Tempered Wastes of the Unknown Regions, the first galactic authority was born on Rakata Prime. Named for its once-predominant species whose Infinite Empire ruled for millennia over hundreds of worlds, the planet is now a dangerous tropical wasteland, ravaged by weapons of mass destruction and overrun with deadly beasts and savage Rakata. While few traces of the advanced Rakatan civilization exist on the planet today, it is undoubtedly a treasure trove of lost knowledge and technologies--and not just their own. A nullifying field once employed by the Rakata commonly disrupted the navigational systems of orbiting vessels, causing them to crash into the planet. As a result, Rakata Prime has become something of a starship graveyard.
Rakata Tribes: In the face of near-extinction and the mysterious loss of Force sensitivity among most of their kind, the Rakata retreated to their homeworld, where they focused their cruel aggressions on one another, descending further into ruin. When the dust of global war settled, all that remained of the galactic tyrants was a collection of barbaric and ruthless Rakata tribes that has dominated the planet for more than twenty thousand years. Some tribes reside in isolation, hidden deep within the jungle islands of Rakata Prime. Others are more aggressive, seeking to conquer and assimilate as many other tribes as possible, uniting the world under their rulership--an echo of their technologically advanced ancestors' attempt at galactic supremacy. Eventually, the dominating tribe's control becomes stretched too thin and the sub-tribes revolt, breaking free until the cycle inevitably repeats.
Temple of the Ancients: No one knows for certain how long the Temple of the Ancients has stood, which is hardly a surprise. Much of the history of Rakata Prime--and that of its one-time conquerors who placed the galaxy into servitude--has remained undiscovered. What is known of the temple is its relatively recent history. A tribe of Rakata known as the Elders had charged themselves with guarding the temple from other tribes, even though their species no longer had the affinity with the Force required to enter their ancestors' hallowed repository. The Elders held that the temple's secrets must be too important to fall into less civilized hands than theirs. It was this tribe that allowed the Jedi Revan to enter the temple and learn how to destroy the corrupted Rakata superweapon known as the Star Forge. It's unclear what has happened to the tribe in the three hundred years since then as the Temple of the Ancients is no longer under their protection.

Interesting New Conversation Quotes:
That would take time, and we can't be sure of success. Finding Revan is much more important than clearing our reputations. Besides--we still have you." --Theron Shan
"You mean, has my ancient ancestor returned from the grave to kill us all? It doesn't seem likely, but... there was something about him. We need to learn more." --Theron Shan
"Good luck to you. We'll send word as soon as we have something--and then we'll see what this Revan guy is really made of." --Theron Shan
"It's the homeworld of the ancient Rakata--hence the name. Apparently there are still a few of them there, but their society has regressed significantly. The Revanites probably picked it because it was the site of a major battle involving Revan--one of his biggest victories." --Theron Shan
"The way Revan was laying waste to that place, I wasn't sure you'd come out of it in one piece." --Theron Shan
---- ---- ----
"I almost had the Infinite Army I wanted so badly. But even without them, I have enough." --Revan
"I know all about rude awakenings. I won't suffer one again.
Oh, I was dead--for all of a blink." --Revan
"Goading me into battle might have worked before I died, but not anymore." --Revan
"I've been reborn. My mind is clearer, my power intensified. And now, with the order under my command, I'm unstoppable." --Revan
"At first, I wanted nothing to do with them. I was no prophet. Then I saw them in a new light. A secret group of devotees waiting to follow my lead without question? To help me save the galaxy? I was a fool to ever disregard them. I've finally let the Revanites into my world--a world you have to be erased from." --Revan
"The Republic is too weak and unfocused to do what must be done. To achieve my goals, all distractions must be swept aside." --Revan
"That remains to be seen." --Revan
"The Emperor couldn't break me. Even death could not stop me. I will finish what I've started. And you will not interfere again." --Revan

Also, it seems Revan *****-slaps you/your team at first:
"You've successfully stopped Arkous and Darok, but the unexpected arrival of Revan himself forces your team to scatter."
--Mission Objectives Update

------ ------ -------

The Plot: The Revanites, now under the leadership of a resurrected Revan, go to Rakata Prima in effort to now have an Infinite Army using pieces of the fabled Star Forge. With his powers even greater then before, Revan is determined to destroy the Republic and the Empire in order to achieve his twisted goal.
NOTE: The above information might be for 2.9 actually. Because from the information given, Revan is not killed/beaten at the end of the mission. In fact, like I said, it looks like he trashes your team. It seems like another boss will be the head of it then.

------ ------ -------

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/719/663/663719.gif
I am ****ing having the biggest nergasm in the history of ****ing nerdgasms.

DarthAnt66
WHO ELSE IS ****ING PUMPED!??!??

FreshestSlice
Batshit craziness confirmed.

DarthAnt66
thumb up He's insane crazy now to be honest. Though what can you expect, the dude came back from the dead.
Though he's also insanely powerful now it seems. It looks like he casually ***** slapped the Operation/flashpoint's team.

Fated Xtasy
Awesome!! i cannot wait i'm fangirling so hard right now

http://www.1851project.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Uhoh5.gif

This is me and Ant at the moment.

psmith81992
Hey Gideon, is this what sex feels like?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yoda level confirmed.

DarthAnt66
MAJOR UPDATE FOR THE INFORMATION ABOVE: It seems the above information is for 2.9. You do a flashpoint on Rakata. The head boss seems to be Darth Arkok, who is stated to be "immensely powerful." At the end it seems you confront Revan, and his dialogue ensures, but instead of facing him, he *****-slaps your team and the mission ends one way or another. Here is the full dialogue exchange:

Conversation with Revan
Revan: As important as Arkous and Darok were to the cause, their deaths won't stop us. They won't even slow us down.
Theron Shan: That voice, I've heard it before
Lana Beniko: It's Revan.
Revan: I almost had the Infinite Army I wanted so badly. But even without them, I have enough.

---Version 1---
You: It won't be enough.
Revan: I know all about rude awakenings. I won't suffer one again.
---Version 2---
You: I saw you die./I heard you were dead.
Revan: Oh, I was dead--for all of a blink.
---Version 3---
You: Face me, coward.
Revan: Goading me into battle might have worked before I died, but not anymore.
---This next part looks like it applies to all afterwards---
Revan: I've been reborn. My mind is clearer, my power intensified. And now, with the order under my command, I'm unstoppable.
You: I thought you wanted nothing to do with the Order of Revan./You're telling me the Revanites weren't always under your control?
Revan: At first, I wanted nothing to do with them. I was no prophet. Then I saw them in a new light.
Revan: A secret group of devotees waiting to follow my lead without question? To help me save the galaxy? I was a fool to ever disregard them.
Revan: I've finally let the Revanites into my world--a world you have to be erased from.

Conversation with Revan
Revan: As important as Arkous and Darok were to the cause, their deaths won't stop us. They won't even slow us down.
Theron Shan: That voice, I've heard it before
Lana Beniko: It's Revan.
Revan: My Infinite Army could have achieved so much. But I still have other weapons in my arsenal.

---Version 1---
You: I thought you were dead.
Revan: Only somewhat. When a goal is important enough, one learns to overcome any obstacle.
---Version 2---
You: Why have you betrayed us?
Revan: The Republic is too weak and unfocused to do what must be done. To achieve my goals, all distractions must be swept aside.
---Version 3---
You: Bring it on!
Revan: That remains to be seen. My followers are legion. My ranks grow every hour, as more and more people see the truth of the galaxy.
---This next part looks like it applies to all afterwards---
Revan: I've been reborn. My mind is clearer, my power intensified. And now, with the order under my command, I'm unstoppable.
Revan: The Emperor couldn't break me. Even death could not stop me. I will finish what I've started. And you will not interfere again.

Based
Gonna laugh so hard when this doesn't happen.

DarthAnt66
Go away, hater.

DarthAnt66
http://i.imgur.com/z3vmxgd.jpg
I'm going to quit Star Wars guys. Cya around.

Emperordmb
LMFAO!!!

DarthAnt66
swtor_miner does say though "it's probably a hologram of some kind." There's still hope! big grin

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yoda level confirmed.
Nah, if Revan actually defeats the entire team, he'd be above Yoda level.

DarthAnt66
I would like to point out though that since this new Revan's "power intensified", he is automatically over all comparable characters now in versus threads. http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/2828295080.gif

Lord Stark
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Nah, if Revan actually defeats the entire team, he'd be above Yoda level.

*facepalm* The operations don't reflect the canon characters. Its just a random strike team.

Also not really happy about this. SWTOR should have just left Revan out of this. Instead we have Zombie Revan likely under the control of something more sinister (perhaps the Emperor). And if not then his character is kinda ruined for me. I mean how many times is he gonna try this infinite army/ genocide thing. Jesus the Star Forge, the Foundry, now this...

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Lord Stark
*facepalm* The operations don't reflect the canon characters. Its just a random strike team.

I believe the quotes about operations and flashpoints speak of the "finest" of whichever faction so that means: the Emperor's Wrath, Darth Nox, Cipher Nine, and the Champion of the Great Hunt, or the Hero of Tython, the Barsen'thor, Voidhound, and Meteor are all there for it. The extra spots are filled with randoms, but those four will always be there.

Lord Stark
I believe the quotes about operations and flashpoints speak of the "finest" of whichever faction so that means: the Emperor's Wrath, Darth Nox, Cipher Nine, and the Champion of the Great Hunt, or the Hero of Tython, the Barsen'thor, Voidhound, and Meteor are all there for it. The extra spots are filled with randoms, but those four will always be there.

Yeah, no. That'd throw the powerscales all sorts of out of whack. Unless you like the idea of top tier Kephyss.

FreshestSlice
Not really. Since most of the flashpoint is spent getting to the end, not starting there, it doesn't really mean that all are necessarily needed to defeat someone. It means that it took that many people to get there at best, and it was a safety net at worst. To actually lose however, would mean that all four+extras fought and still lost. Using your reasoning, if four people go beat up one guy, that one guy must have been in the same league as that entire group combined.

ares834
Ugh. This is so damn stupid.

Sinious
I love it how TOR haters can't stand really powerful characters from that era.

ares834
Or, rather, they like good story telling...

carthage
Originally posted by ares834
Ugh. This is so damn stupid.

thumb up

Sinious
Originally posted by ares834
Or, rather, they like good story telling...

Oh cmon now don't be so demanding. How could they possibly write a TOR story as mature and sophisticated as PT? Its so god damn good.

ares834
Nice to see you set your standards so high.

Nalaniel
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yoda level confirmed.

DE Sidious level confirmed. cool

Sinious
Originally posted by Nalaniel
DE Sidious level confirmed. cool

Father of Mortis level confirmed. So lemme borrow those glasses. cool

Nalaniel
Originally posted by Sinious
Father of Mortis level confirmed. So lemme borrow those glasses. cool

But... those are my glasses. sad

Nephthys
http://www.somegif.com/gifs/1361358379706393167.GIF

Selenial
Lehon is 2.10 by the way, not 2.9....

2.9 is Manaan.

FreshestSlice
I love it how TOR haters can't stand really powerful characters from that era.
As a fan of both Revan and TOR in general(though some of the characters erk me to no end), I honestly think this is pretty stupid. Revan should have stayed dead instead of going Super Sion.

Sinious
I agree, this is pretty stupid. Most Star Wars stories have many flaws though.

But... those are my glasses. sad

I just wanted to borrow them. wink

psmith81992
It was a popular theory that Revan used the fold space technique when you "killed" him, so this makes some sense.

Nephthys
Yeah, its not dumb imo. They left it open.

Nalaniel
I just wanted to borrow them. wink

No means no. wink

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Nephthys
Yeah, its not dumb imo. They left it open.
He says he literally died though. It obviously wasn't as open as we all tried to make it out to be, and I don't have a problem with Revan surviving because he's the "heart of the Force," and all that hyperbolic jazz. The plot itself is stupid. "Remember how I wanted to ethnically cleanse 30-45% of the galaxy, guys? Well now I want to do 100%!"

AncientPower
I thought Revan dying at the end of the Foundry was poetic because he died just as Malak did and literally quoted him.

I will admitted this definitely peaks my interest and will resubscribe to play it, makes me wonder who else may return... I wouldn't put it past them to have 'Reborn/whatevs' Malgus as one of his allies or generals.

Malgus' character definitely seemed much more malleable than the other Sith in the Empire.

Nephthys
He says he literally died though. It obviously wasn't as open as we all tried to make it out to be, and I don't have a problem with Revan surviving because he's the "heart of the Force," and all that hyperbolic jazz. The plot itself is stupid. "Remember how I wanted to ethnically cleanse 30-45% of the galaxy, guys? Well now I want to do 100%!"

Meh, people die and get brought back from the brink through resuscitation all the time. It was as open as we thought, since he is still alive. If Maul can come back so can Revan.

FreshestSlice
Most people don't bring themselves back to life in any form shape or fashion, which is what Revan seems to be implying. I also think the amount of punishment gone through during the Foundry is comparable to most resuscitation, but eh. Maul also didn't die, as far as I know. Revan says he was dead.

DarthAnt66
No. The Operations team based on the TOR website seems to be the combined might of the 4 main Empire characters, and the 4 main Republic characters. So you got: Tython, Barsen, Wrath, Nox, Champ, Niner, and the other 2.
---- ---- ----
I'll type up my thoughts about this soon though.

Emperordmb
I am not raising Revan... yet.

I'm going to wait for this thing to come out first.

DarthAnt66
He is already raised, bro.
"I've been reborn. My mind is clearer, my power intensified. And now, with the order under my command, I'm unstoppable."

Emperordmb
That being said, I'm going to wait until everything is officially released.

Nephthys
Agreed, it doesn't say how much more powerful he has become.

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
No. The Operations team based on the TOR website seems to be the combined might of the 4 main Empire characters, and the 4 main Republic characters. So you got: Tython, Barsen, Wrath, Nox, Champ, Niner, and the other 2.
---- ---- ----

What? The Republic and Empire dudes work together? I thought that was only in my headcanon fanfictions.

DarthAnt66
"Now both the Empire and the Republic call on their strongest champions to head to Denova and take the planet from the warlord and his army."

"Seeing Karagga’s actions as a threat, both the Galactic Republic and Sith Empire send representatives to confront Karagga and force him to stop his aggression."

"Both the Republic and the Empire understand the threat that the prison poses, and both sides now send their most powerful heroes to confront and eliminate this powerful foe once and for all."

NewGuy01
There's also the fact that Revan is falling further and further into the Dark Side, and all who fall claim their power is growing when it really isn't.

I don't doubt that his is, though, otherwise there would be no point or threat.

DarthAnt66
Revan, in all respects and purposes, is the mascot of the Expanded Universe. No character created since 2003 was able to capture the levels of fame and awe that he did. It attracted people of all ages thanks to his awesome looks to the fantastic plot of Knights of the Old Republic itself. It was the heroic story that even the darkest of people can still be redeemed. In terms of a strict plot story, they should have ended there. Of course I am thankful that with new material, he is depicted stronger then he would be without it, but Revan's character and legacy will far outlive this forum and its posts. Revan being corrupted by this new Sith Emperor lowers the importance and history of the Star Forge. Moving forward, they decided to turn Revan's story from something heroic to tragic. They put him in the worst novel in mankind, which depicts him as losing Meetra Surik, getting spammed by lightning, then being captured for 300 years. Star Wars plots, in my opinion, need to have a moral. The Star Wars move saga was tragic, but it ended as the main character did his epic sacrifice. What does Revan do in comparison? Decides to destroy everyone in this twisted plot in zombie form. Only the word irony can capture that the "champion of the Light" who destroyed the Star Forge to save the Republic now wants the Star Forge once again to destroy the damn Republic? Da faq?

Plot aside, the current personality of Revan is actually how I thought of Darth Revan (before the Vitiate retcon) to be. He was determined to stop the Republic and rule the galaxy in an effort to make a force grand enough to counter what the "Ancient Sith" had in store in the Unknown Regions. That was always the plot since Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords. Like look at some of these badass lines:
"I've been reborn. My mind is clearer, my power intensified. And now, with the order under my command, I'm unstoppable." --Revan
"The Republic is too weak and unfocused to do what must be done. To achieve my goals, all distractions must be swept aside." --Revan
"The Emperor couldn't break me. Even death could not stop me. I will finish what I've started. And you will not interfere again." --Revan
I just simply hope, and I am shocked I am saying this, that Revan's fate is finally sealed in his operation battle. As someone who personally played as Revan and made him do all the heroic deeds he did, I simply cannot watch much longer as they throw that away. What is the point of stopping Darth Malak when you (Revan) is just going to try the same thing 300 years later?

DarthAnt66
http://i39.servimg.com/u/f39/18/84/62/88/revan_10.png
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKsSfRfdJv0 : Revan's conversation in audio (You can here him).

Nephthys
Sounds like Revan's speaking over a comms channel, not in person and that he ****s your shit up with his fleet, not his power.

DarthAnt66
That doesn't make sense though, because Theron wouldn't know if they were locking their Turbolasers on. In fact, Theron steals some Turbolasers.
"The Revanites will notice if we start collecting turbolasers and orbital strike bombs. We need to catch them by surprise."
Also, they wouldn't feel a "threat in the Force" if Revan is just on a comm channel.

DarthAnt66
Also, they wouldn't feel a "threat in the Force" if Revan is just on a comm channel.

Selenial
"That voice..."
"It's Revan!"

He's on a comm channel, likely not seen until 3.0...

DarthAnt66
http://r19.imgfast.net/users/1916/39/10/06/smiles/2860309752.gif

Nephthys
Why? You can sense dudes on other ships. He'd still register as a threat if he'd merely warped in with some capital ships to wreck your shit. Theron could easily tell they were locking on from a console or something.

DarthAnt66
http://r19.imgfast.net/users/1916/39/10/06/smiles/2860309752.gif
They better make him uber in his next appearance then, giving they already trashed the character. http://r19.imgfast.net/users/1916/39/10/06/smiles/1059726935.gif

DarthAnt66
These seem to be Revan's new accolades (I decided I should put them together given he's on a comm channel now http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/2070551810.gif):

"No. They weren't in charge. The disturbance in the Force, I still feel it. It's... arrived."
--Lana Beniko (Star Wars The Old Republic)

"I sense something. We're in danger."
--Lana Beniko (Star Wars The Old Republic)

"When a goal is important enough, one learns to overcome any obstacle."
--Revan (Star Wars The Old Republic)

"I've been reborn. My mind is clearer, my power intensified. And now, with the order under my command, I'm unstoppable."

"The Emperor couldn't break me. Even death could not stop me. I will finish what I've started. And you will not interfere again."

"Now that we know Revan's in the picture, everything changes--for the worse."
--Theron Shan (Star Wars The Old Republic)
----- ----- -----
What are your guys thoughts on how he returned from the dead? You think it was like a Dark Transfer type of thing?

NewGuy01
It seems to me like he rebuilt himself Maul-style.

DarthAnt66
He confirms he was dead though. Maul was never dead.

NewGuy01
Neither was Krayt, who also claimed to be dead.

Nephthys
Well if that image is anything to go by it looks like the Empire protags fvcked him up something fierce. So yeah, he might of needed some rebuilding.

But I prefer to think that he just folded space to a doctor who patched him up. It's amusingly pedestrian, kind of.

DarthAnt66
Pretty sure Krayt was dead. The dude got stabbed by a lightsaber, utterly spammed by lightning, thrown off a huge ass cliff, then attacked by lightning once again.
Though, Maul survived like Darth Sion did...through his hatred. That's not really Revan's type of thing, regardless of how crazy he is, given he disappeared in a flash of light.

ares834
Nope. When Krayt describes it to Talon it's clear he technically never died.

DarthAnt66
And when he's on his little speech, he says "I have been through death and conquered it. I have returned with my power multiplied." wink
It seems like what happened to Revan is the same, because he apparently got stronger as well. Though I'm still not sure what technique he used.

ares834
Which is just Krayt being hyperbolic. Seems to be the same with Revan. But I guess we will have to see.

DarthAnt66
Revan has no reason to be hyperbolic here though. Why would he give a **** trying to impress some guys he's "going to kill" anyway. He even says he refuses to be "goaded into battle."

Nalaniel
Revan, in all respects and purposes, is the mascot of the Expanded Universe. No character created since 2003 was able to capture the levels of fame and awe that he did. It attracted people of all ages thanks to his awesome looks to the fantastic plot of Knights of the Old Republic itself. It was the heroic story that even the darkest of people can still be redeemed. In terms of a strict plot story, they should have ended there. Of course I am thankful that with new material, he is depicted stronger then he would be without it, but Revan's character and legacy will far outlive this forum and its posts. Revan being corrupted by this new Sith Emperor lowers the importance and history of the Star Forge. Moving forward, they decided to turn Revan's story from something heroic to tragic. They put him in the worst novel in mankind, which depicts him as losing Meetra Surik, getting spammed by lightning, then being captured for 300 years. Star Wars plots, in my opinion, need to have a moral. The Star Wars move saga was tragic, but it ended as the main character did his epic sacrifice. What does Revan do in comparison? Decides to destroy everyone in this twisted plot in zombie form. Only the word irony can capture that the "champion of the Light" who destroyed the Star Forge to save the Republic now wants the Star Forge once again to destroy the damn Republic? Da faq?

That's what I thought when I heard about this.

Nephthys
Crazy megalomaniacs always talking in self-aggrandising hyperbole.

ares834
Revan has no reason to be hyperbolic here though. Why would he give a **** trying to impress some guys he's "going to kill" anyway. He even says he refuses to be "goaded into battle."

I dunno. He is crazy though... Anyway to the Republic players he says he was "only somewhat" dead. So it seems like he was never actually killed. But like I said we have to see where it goes from here.

NewGuy01
Yeah. Krayt wasn't dead, and Revan probably wasn't either.

Lord Stark
Not really. Since most of the flashpoint is spent getting to the end, not starting there, it doesn't really mean that all are necessarily needed to defeat someone. It means that it took that many people to get there at best, and it was a safety net at worst. To actually lose however, would mean that all four+extras fought and still lost. Using your reasoning, if four people go beat up one guy, that one guy must have been in the same league as that entire group combined.

Lol considering 4 manning and ops is impossible, yeah I'm gonna go ahead and say no on your theory.

---- ---- ----

Lol no. This blatantly contradicts the script of every mission where you are 'trying to get x before the Empire does'.

DarthAnt66
"Now both the Empire and the Republic call on their strongest champions to head to Denova and take the planet from the warlord and his army."

"Seeing Karagga’s actions as a threat, both the Galactic Republic and Sith Empire send representatives to confront Karagga and force him to stop his aggression."

"Both the Republic and the Empire understand the threat that the prison poses, and both sides now send their most powerful heroes to confront and eliminate this powerful foe once and for all."

Lord Stark

Lol no. This blatantly contradicts the script of every mission where you are 'trying to get x before the Empire does'.

DarthAnt66
That's not the script for the Operations though. The official website overwrites your opinion.

Lord Stark
That's not the script for the Operations though. The official website overwrites your opinion.

Yes it is. Every cutscene is canon and not only is there no mention of a joint operation (which is retarded considering they are at war at the time of all the operations).
C-iflhGL9Tk

1:50

"We'll deal with the Eternity Vault, make sure the Empire doesn't follow."

DarthAnt66
That's before the mission even began. They probably both send the 4 groups, and once they landed, I guess they had to deal with it. We can't just ignore canon because it "messes with powerlevels." For the Eternity Vault:
"Buried deep in the icy mountains of Belsavis, a prison housing an ancient and deadly entity has been uncovered. Both the Republic and the Empire understand the threat that the prison poses, and both sides now send their most powerful heroes to confront and eliminate this powerful foe once and for all."

Lord Stark
That's before the mission even began. They probably both send the 4 groups, and once they landed, I guess they had to deal with it. We can't just ignore canon because it "messes with powerlevels." For the Eternity Vault:
"Buried deep in the icy mountains of Belsavis, a prison housing an ancient and deadly entity has been uncovered. Both the Republic and the Empire understand the threat that the prison poses, and both sides now send their most powerful heroes to confront and eliminate this powerful foe once and for all."

Which directly contradicts the ****ing game. Its not even just about it messing with the powerlevels. Until there's an official stance on this I'm not taking it as canon.

There's also no official stance on who killed Darth Malgus. Just wait and stop making assumptions.

DarthAnt66
The official website is an "official stance" even if you like it or not. The quote you provided doesn't change or prove anything.
There's also no official stance on who killed Darth Malgus.
That's a Flashpoint. no expression We are discussing Operations.

Nephthys
I think this is a question for the developers and later material to decide guys. There's no real way of proving it one way or the other.

Selenial
Lol considering 4 manning and ops is impossible, yeah I'm gonna go ahead and say no on your theory.

4 manning an ops is impossible?

I've three manned DP SM...

psmith81992
I might get back into this game just for this Revan shit but it'd take a month or two to properly mod my character. Last op I did was nightmare mode Kephess.

Based
The official website is an "official stance" even if you like it or not. The quote you provided doesn't change or prove anything.

Your quotes never said they worked together. This is an impressive stretch, for sure, but no there's no confirmation that the story modes are both the Empire and Republic.

Lol what a nitpick. It's the same issue here except with 8 players there's 4. =/

psmith81992
Uh flash points and operations are nowhere near the same things.

DarthAnt66
I feel you have a hatred against me for some unknown reason. It is getting annoying though, so just confirm my suspicions because I have an urge to be a dick to you in return.

It says they both send warriors to fight the threat...which is what we are arguing. no expression

There is a huge ass difference in terms of what we are discussing. There is no room left for the other faction to lend aid in a Flashpoint. It is a 4 man mission, and all 4 spots are taken by the respective faction.
With 8 man missions, you have 4 additional spots. It's obviously a big difference, for it allows the possibility of the other faction. This possibility is confirmed canonical by the official website.
Originally posted by psmith81992
Uh flash points and operations are nowhere near the same things.
Thank you. thumb up

DarthAnt66
New images I found of Rakata Prime:
http://i39.servimg.com/u/f39/17/73/92/12/raka10.jpg

DarthAnt66
http://i39.servimg.com/u/f39/17/73/92/12/n_ew_o10.jpg

DarthAnt66
http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/swtor-gamescom-2014-cantina-tour-files.jpg
It doesn't look like the Rakata Prime Flashpoint will occur until Octoberish. Meaning we won't actually face Revan until like 2015. http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/2070551810.gif

Selenial
Wait, you mean like I just said in the last page? stick out tongue

2.10 is supposed to be mid September, they said they're aiming for that anyway.

Selenial
Also, 3.0 drops this year.

OMG watch the Dev tracker bro

DarthAnt66
They have 2.10s??
Link to DEV tracker?

Selenial
Dev tracker: http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

Every developer post on the forums is kept there.

But yeh, The "next flashpoint" after Manaan was said to be in 2.10. As for the specific post about September? I think they said it in a stream on twitch, same as when they said the expac should be this year, however Dulfy does make note of it here: http://dulfy.net/2014/08/13/swtor-patch-2-10-pts-patch-notes/

And she's almost more official than the Swtor staff themselves stick out tongue

If you're looking for Lehon in the notes though, not there. They said they wanted people to experience Manaan on live servers first, but I personally think it's because they haven't finished it stick out tongue

Based
I feel you have a hatred against me for some unknown reason. It is getting annoying though, so just confirm my suspicions because I have an urge to be a dick to you in return.
lolwtfno. Don't know where that came from but I guess I'll apologize.

Which does not necessarily translate into both teams working together. They are not necessarily mutually inclusive and if you don't want to acknowledge that then there's no point arguing.

You may be right but please, acting like your opinion is fact because of a vague statement on the official site is something SWL would do.

DarthAnt66
http://r14.imgfast.net/users/1415/38/33/54/smiles/753877051.gif I am right.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Selenial
4 manning an ops is impossible?

I've three manned DP SM...

You know exactly what I mean. I've solo'd Darth Malgus but that doesn't mean the Barsen'thor went in there and told Malgus to sit the **** down singlehandedly.

DarthAnt66
That's a Flashpoint, not an Operation.

Lord Stark
I think this is a question for the developers and later material to decide guys. There's no real way of proving it one way or the other.

Exactly my point. So lets not go wanking people based on things that may or may not have even happened.

That's a Flashpoint, not an Operation.

I know what it is. The point is the same though. There is no canon stance on who did what exactly aside from basically the class stories. Calm down and stop blowing up the boards with incessant wank over questionably canon material.

DarthAnt66
Bro, your the one who started the Operation/Flashpoint discussion.
And no, Operations and Flashpoints aren't the same. erm

Lord Stark
Bro, your the one who started the Operation/Flashpoint discussion.
And no, Operations and Flashpoints aren't the same. erm

No you started it with your 'OMG REVAN OWNED ALL THE MAIN CHARACTERS AT ONCE, HE'S GOD TIER'.

I ask this seriously, is english your second language? Because the point is the devs haven't established a canon policy on even an event like Malgus' death let alone who was in what operation.

DarthAnt66
I only speculated appropriately given the limited material I had that Revan pretty much owned a *Flashpoint* group. And with such speculation, I showed evidence that made it seem likely. I never suggested anything in terms of being godly though, calm yourself. However, you personally made a statement that it was canonical the Operations team was unknown. I proved you wrong, but you decided to ignore canon once again:

You must realize I am not the only one who is in the belief it was the combined effort of the Republic and the Empire. Many people believe such, including numerous on here. NewGuy01 and XSUPREMEXSKILLZ are among those.

Lord Stark
I only speculated appropriately given the limited material I had that Revan pretty much owned a *Flashpoint* group. And with such speculation, I showed evidence that made it seem likely. I never suggested anything in terms of being godly though, calm yourself. However, you personally made a statement that it was canonical the Operations team was unknown. I proved you wrong, but you decided to ignore canon once again:

You must realize I am not the only one who is in the belief it was the combined effort of the Republic and the Empire. Many people believe such, including numerous on here. NewGuy01 and XSUPREMEXSKILLZ are among those.

I guess vague statements from questionably canon sources are considered proof these days. I am completely serious, is english your second language?

DarthAnt66
Vague statements? They are pretty clear. Both factions send men to attack the enemy.
Questionably canon sources? So the official website of the Old Republic is not canon? What the hell are you smoking?
This has nothing to do with Revan, but rather others like Soa or the Dread Masters. erm

Lord Stark
Vague statements? They are pretty clear. Both factions send men to attack the enemy.

So show me the quote that says "The Jedi Knight, Consular, Smuggler, and Trooper, join with the Sith Warrior, Inquisitor, Agent, and Bounty Hunter to take down Soa.

"Elite Strike team" does not translate to "Every playable character"

Not when it directly contradicts the game.

So English is your second language then. Got it.

DarthAnt66

Lord Stark
You have yet to provide anything that contradicts the game.

Aside from the fact that no joint operations are mentioned or possible and the fact that the Empire and the Republic are you know at war at this point.

Which fits only because there are indeed 4 characters to fill the slots on each side. Also the sourcebooks call the strike team sent to arrest the Emperor a strike team of "the order's strongest" and it didn't include the Barsen'thor. So no, that doesn't mean the strike team is objectively made up of the main characters.

DarthAnt66
Yes they are in war, but that doesn't change much. TOR site acknowledges that both know this faction is a threat to them both.
The only possible people who could have been in the Operations though are the 8 Playable characters though. That's the entire point.
However, I see we reached a dead end. You won't take TOR site/logic into account, and in return I won't take in your efforts to try to say they are not canon.

Board Walker
So is revan truly beyond light and dark now? Is he in a class/alignment of his own now?

Sinious
Originally posted by Board Walker
So is revan truly beyond light and dark now? Is he in a class/alignment of his own now?

Well he isnt beyond it. He embraced both sides before and was balance aligned which is closer to the light side to be honest. Now it seems he will return chaos aligned which is basically the negative of balance.

Lord Stark
Yes they are in war, but that doesn't change much. TOR site acknowledges that both know this faction is a threat to them both.
The only possible people who could have been in the Operations though are the 8 Playable characters though. That's the entire point.
However, I see we reached a dead end. You won't take TOR site/logic into account, and in return I won't take in your efforts to try to say they are not canon.

How are the only possible people who could have been in the Operation are the 8 playable characters? Not everything was meant to be taken with 100% respect to canon events. What's next? Are you going to start sifting through the PVP cutscenes for feats you can use? Also I like how you didn't even address the point of other people being called "the strongest group".
"You're with the best strike team in the galaxy. For us, nothing is impossible."
There are also numerous DB statements about the team being the same. Point being these terms aren't used to exclusively describe the main characters.

NewGuy01
Revan was like the Father.

Now he's like Abeloth. C:<

Nalaniel
Originally posted by NewGuy01

Now he's like Abeloth. C:<

I don't like this new Revan... sad

Selenial
I don't like this new Revan... sad

Neither do I sad

DarthAnt66
How are the only possible people who could have been in the Operation are the 8 playable characters? Not everything was meant to be taken with 100% respect to canon events. What's next? Are you going to start sifting through the PVP cutscenes for feats you can use? Also I like how you didn't even address the point of other people being called "the strongest group".
"You're with the best strike team in the galaxy. For us, nothing is impossible."
There are also numerous DB statements about the team being the same. Point being these terms aren't used to exclusively describe the main characters.
I thought you were trolling actually about the group, hence why I didn't respond. The group refers to a Jedi Strike Team during the Story quest of the game. It wouldn't have even covered 2 of the 4 classes. erm
In the game, only those 8 people can do the Operation. Darth Malgus or a Jedi Master doesn't fight in them. You don't have random guys helping you out. Only the playable classes have that honor available.
It is only logical to assume the same guys who did Mission A also did Mission B, because in the game (cutscenes included), that's what happens. I understand your argument now though, but I hope you understand mine as well.

Lord Stark
I thought you were trolling actually about the group, hence why I didn't respond. The group refers to a Jedi Strike Team during the Story quest of the game. It wouldn't have even covered 2 of the 4 classes. erm
In the game, only those 8 people can do the Operation. Darth Malgus or a Jedi Master doesn't fight in them. You don't have random guys helping you out. Only the playable classes have that honor available.
It is only logical to assume the same guys who did Mission A also did Mission B, because in the game (cutscenes included), that's what happens. I understand your argument now though, but I hope you understand mine as well.

I understand your points, I just think that until we get a canon recounting of this (which likely won't happen for years) we shouldn't assume anything. I highly doubt for example that a single Dread Master would be able to hold back the HoT, Barsen'thor alone let alone if you threw in Nox and the Wrath.

DarthAnt66
Well then hopefully we get a canon recounting soon. smile

NTJack0
Originally posted by NewGuy01

Now he's like Abeloth. C:< Oh god, I don't think Revans on that tier of awfulness.

DarthAnt66
Thanks to my request, they released a Republic audio version (other one was Empire):
watch?v=hnLpp827EQ4
"The Emperor couldn't break me. Even death could not stop me. I will finish what I've started. And you will not interfere again."

psmith81992
Lol. If they only make Revan's power levels canon..

The_Tempest
You getting wood, Beefy?

psmith81992
Getting? I already have wood.

Emperordmb
a lot of these topics can take very weird turns given enough time.

Emperordmb
All things considered, Revan will never be as powerful as the Ones, but anything else is a possibility.

Nephthys
Do you think he could become more powerful than Vitiate?

Emperordmb
Possibly. Whether or not that actually happens or the likelihood of that happening is another story.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Emperordmb
All things considered, Revan will never be as powerful as the Ones, but anything else is a possibility.
The Mortis family and planet were merely conducts for the Force.
Revan was the heart of the Force. Without him, Mortis could not exist.
Therefore, the Mortis trinity are merely extensions to Revan's will.
Revan has ultimately transcended beyond even the realm of immortals.

FreshestSlice
Seems legit.

Darth Abonis
Revan is NOT more powerful than the Ones.

Board Walker
Revan is the source of the ones

Sinious
Originally posted by Board Walker
Revan is the source of the ones

Marry me.

NTJack0
Revan is the source of the force.

psmith81992
_rBiwigtv6s

Always love getting input from apu

Lord Stark
I have to say that with Theron and Lena working together on this mission it seems very likely that (at least for this operation) the main characters of the Republic and the Empire worked together.

Nephthys
I think there's good potential for a story to develop where the Empire and Republic characters start working together. Some of the new content coming out has some strong themes of the two sides working together. That was part of the story for the Dread Masters, it looks like it'll be part of the story for Manaan and in the Revan arc too.

It's also part of my insane post-swtor fanfiction idea.

There is some issues with the HoT and Emperor's Wrath working together though. That would be kinda dumb.

Sinious

There is some issues with the HoT and Emperor's Wrath working together though. That would be kinda dumb.

That would be so retarded. rolling on floor laughing

FreshestSlice
Depends on how loyal the Wrath is and how much the Empire would respect the HoT's power.

Nephthys
Well it would be dumb if the Wrath is still working for the Emperor. Firstly, not attacking her/working together would probably put them on Vitiate/the Hand's shit list. Secondly, I'd think the Hero would be person they'd really really not want to Wrath anywhere near, since she'd either kill him, learn about Vitiate's possible survival or tell him about Vitiate's plan to eat the universe. Which would almost certainly lead to Wrath betrayal no 2.

FreshestSlice
Hmm, I think both sides would be monitored right? I'm not sure "communication" exactly happens outside of strategy.

As for the Wrath attacking the HoT, you've got me there, but the Wrath can be more about trying to kill Baras than actually being the "Emperor's Wrath" as well as not be an idiot and stand in the way of ending a threat to the Empire.

Selenial
I have to say that with Theron and Lena working together on this mission it seems very likely that (at least for this operation) the main characters of the Republic and the Empire worked together.

Except you can, if you chose, turn around and ask Lana what the **** she's doing with a republic agent.

DarthAnt66
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140909155702/starwars/images/8/81/Revan_hologram.png

DarthAnt66
watch?v=7szur1TFre8
watch?v=hqOMXGeSNG8
It is clear they are trying to do the 'Darth Revan' and Malak look and feel.

Nephthys
You know, if the Temple of the Ancients is still standing after that turbolaser barrage, it just makes Bane destroying it so much more powerful. >:]

DarthAnt66
How? It would be badly damaged. You could probably push it with your hand and it will all collapse.

Nephthys
But if it was tough enough to withstand turbolaser fire, then Bane destroying it is really impressive. Plus it wasn't described as that damaged in PoD.

Plus its ****ing massive now.

DarthAnt66
It is said Revan "laid waste" to the Temple.

Nephthys
Waste.

DarthAnt66
"THE REVAN: Destroyer. Protector. Twice he has come to our world. One day he will return again."
--Star Wars: The Old Republic
----- ----- -----
Also note how Darth Arkous, an "immensely powerful" Sith Lord, worships Revan as like a god. Pretty amazing.

The_Tempest
Any cool stuff from these vids, Ant?

DarthAnt66
Many references back to the Star Forge, gay flirting between the PC and Theron Shan, and Revan. smile

Nephthys
Theron is gay?

ares834
Yep.

ares834
The Revan reveal with the KotOR music was cool. Just sad to see them butchering Revan even further. sad

psmith81992
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Any cool stuff from these vids, Ant?

No need, Revan is a god.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>