Durlan Martian Skrull

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Two questions-

Which race are the best shape shifters?

Do Durlans and Skrulls have any other abilities, like Martians do?

DarkSaint85
Durlans take on the abilities of their copied races. Whereas MArtians only look like their copies.

So we saw Durlans copying Daxamites, and gaining their powers (and presumably, their lead weaknesses). Yellow suns now amp them.

Whereas a MArtian would only be able to look like a Daxamite, but hold a flame near them and they could crumble.

Skrulls need their geneticists and mystics to help gain their powers. They couldn't just look at Prof X, for example, and gain his telepathy. But a Durlan could touch him and copy that power.

So, in summary, Durlans are the best IMO.

krisblaze
Theoretically shouldn't martians be able to copy a daxamite or kryptonite?

If they copy their genes then they should still react to sunlight in the same way.

DarkSaint85
They don't copy genes, AFAIK. Pre-52, they said Martians did so through study, which is why Plastic Man was able to out shift Fernus.

Golgo13
Durlans FTW.

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/CB_zps941a4527.jpg

riv6672
I didnt know this.
Thank you!

Follow up question(s)-

Is there an upper limit to their shape shifting power, size wise?

At DC could a martian or Durlan turn into Mojo?

At Marvel, a Skrull into Ego?

DarkSaint85
In answer to your DC/Martian question, it depends on the size of Mogo:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_super/10/105634/3956526-mm+%239+-+can't+borrow+mass+from+earth.png

Don't know about a Skrull.

riv6672
Damn, you have information coming out your ears!

Thanks for taking the time to answer this stuff...big grin

Kamahamaha
So theoretically a Durlan could become Prodigy or Galactus...... Never saw it like that. Liked them way back when the were limited pre the first crisis

riv6672
Your theory: Thats scary if possible...

Golgo13
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
In answer to your DC/Martian question, it depends on the size of Mogo:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_super/10/105634/3956526-mm+%239+-+can't+borrow+mass+from+earth.png

Don't know about a Skrull.

Hey, Dark:

Can you locate Von Daggle's feat where he owns Guy Gardner? He turned into a tiny creature and entered his mouth.

Golgo13
It was in Green Lanterns Corps. Not the current volume. The Green Lantern Corpse arc.

Kamahamaha
Originally posted by riv6672
Your theory: Thats scary if possible...

Yes, yes it is!

riv6672
So much for debates on what the most powerful alien race might be. I think Durlans might have that locked.

Kamahamaha
So much for debates on what the most powerful alien race might be. I think Durlans might have that locked.

Yes, I think they might!

riv6672
Ha, yeah!

I actually imagined Skrulls as being more powerful though. Surprised at that.

Kamahamaha
Ha, yeah!

I actually imagined Skrulls as being more powerful though. Surprised at that. I'd never thought of the Durlans as all that but apart from Legion of whatever worlds the one with SBP I haven't read a legion story in years, I lie I read one I think in Action Comics as well about 5 years ago, but that's it. Cause I buy my comics I have probably read a lot less than most on here in my 35 years reading.

riv6672
Man...you're old. stick out tongue

I agree though, didnt think Durlans were that high in the power scale.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.