Lokinaut runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Loki has add the power of the Juggernaut to his powers with the added powers how far does he get in this gauntlet? With his new powers his strength, durability, momentum, and force field of the Juggernaut is added to Loki.

Gauntlet
1.Beast, Wolverine, & Colossus
2.Cyclops, Storm, & Iceman
3.Namor, Iron Man, Luke Cage, & Iron Fist
4.Immortal Hercules, Gray Hulk, & A-Bomb
Prep 1 day starting now
5.Thor, Hyperion, Ms Marvel & BRB
6.Thor, Hyperion, BRB, Current Hulk, Vision, & Victor Mancha
7.Silver Surfer, Gladiator, Ronan the Accusers, Nova(Richard)
8.Thanos
9.Depowered Tyrant.

h1a8
Originally posted by golem370
Loki has add the power of the Juggernaut to his powers with the added powers how far does he get in this gauntlet? With his new powers his strength, durability, momentum, and force field of the Juggernaut is added to Loki.

Gauntlet
1.Beast, Wolverine, & Colossus
2.Cyclops, Storm, & Iceman
3.Namor, Iron Man, Luke Cage, & Iron Fist
4.Immortal Hercules, Gray Hulk, & A-Bomb
Prep 1 day starting now
5.Thor, Hyperion, Ms Marvel & BRB
6.Thor, Hyperion, BRB, Current Hulk, Vision, & Victor Mancha
7.Silver Surfer, Gladiator, Ronan the Accusers, Nova(Richard)
8.Thanos
9.Depowered Tyrant.

Loki clears with ease.

DTM
I see him beating everyone besides DP Tyrant.

golem370
Thanos is a Juggernaut type extremely durable with a healing factor.

zopzop
Stops at 5. Thor uses Mjolnir to remove Juggernaut's link to Cytorrak (like he's already done on panel), then he's phucked.

/Thread

golem370
Loki I would say is a better fighter the Cain so maybe a better fight then you think plus Loki has a day of prep.

Digi
Originally posted by zopzop
Stops at 5. Thor uses Mjolnir to remove Juggernaut's link to Cytorrak (like he's already done on panel), then he's phucked.

/Thread

Loki can teleport. He also knows mjolnir's abilities. This could hurt him if he isn't careful, but isn't a sure win.

zopzop
Originally posted by Digi
Loki can teleport. He also knows mjolnir's abilities. This could hurt him if he isn't careful, but isn't a sure win.
Thor is backed up by the following people in 5 : Hyperion, Ms Marvel & BRB

Once Mjolnir removes the link to Cytorrak, Loki is basically dead. Unless you think Thor (sans Mjolnir), Hyperion, Ms Marvel, and Beta Ray Bill (Stormbreaker says "Hi"wink are incapable of putting down standard Loki.

carver9
Is Loki familiar with the gem?

Anadrol1
Didn't colossus just technically defeat the most powerful version of juggernaut ever created? Stops at one. Lmao

Decter
Stops hard at 5

Digi
Thor is backed up by the following people in 5 : Hyperion, Ms Marvel & BRB

Once Mjolnir removes the link to Cytorrak, Loki is basically dead. Unless you think Thor (sans Mjolnir), Hyperion, Ms Marvel, and Beta Ray Bill (Stormbreaker says "Hi"wink are incapable of putting down standard Loki.

I didn't weigh in on the fight as a whole. I said he could teleport. And he can. It's fairly instantaneous. They aren't taking him out in a couple seconds, not when he has prep time. And he needs far less than that to port out.

Also, if we're being technical, it removed his forcefield, not the entirety of his powers from Cytorrak. Thor was never staring eye to eye with a human-sized Cain Marko, if you need proof of that claim. IIRC, he still only won the fight via BFR, which wouldn't work against Loki.

So yeah, I see this particular tactic as a potential hindrance, but not nearly the dealbreaker you're making it out to be.

zopzop
I didn't weigh in on the fight as a whole. I said he could teleport. And he can. It's fairly instantaneous. They aren't taking him out in a couple seconds, not when he has prep time. And he needs far less than that to port out.

Also, if we're being technical, it removed his forcefield, not the entirety of his powers from Cytorrak. Thor was never staring eye to eye with a human-sized Cain Marko, if you need proof of that claim. IIRC, he still only won the fight via BFR, which wouldn't work against Loki.

So yeah, I see this particular tactic as a potential hindrance, but not nearly the dealbreaker you're making it out to be.
All he has to do is remove the force field. Need I remind you he was beating the everloving sh|t out of Marko. The only reason Marko wasn't beaten into a coma was because of the 60 second curse Odin had on Thor during that era. That curse is no longer in effect.

Loki dies at 5 don't kid yourself.

Digi
All he has to do is remove the force field. Need I remind you he was beating the everloving sh|t out of Marko.

No, you don't. But apparently I have to remind you that Loki can teleport. Removing the forcefield is far from all he needs to do. Forcefield down, Loki pops out of existence to try again. Where's the beatdown in that scenario? Loki's best tactic is probably a hit & run approach anyway. But you're applying Marko's fight sensibilities to a guy with loads more versatility.

You also again assume my stance on the fight as a whole. I still haven't given an opinion on the gauntlet. I simply object to your simplistic analysis of it.

zopzop
No, you don't. But apparently I have to remind you that Loki can teleport. Removing the forcefield is far from all he needs to do. Forcefield down, Loki pops out of existence to try again. Where's the beatdown in that scenario? Loki's best tactic is probably a hit & run approach anyway. But you're applying Marko's fight sensibilities to a guy with loads more versatility.

You also again assume my stance on the fight as a whole. I still haven't given an opinion on the gauntlet. I simply object to your simplistic analysis of it.
Need I remind you that BRB is on the team with Stormbreaker? There's nowhere Loki can go that he can't follow. Stormbreaker = Mjolnir in all areas it can even Godblast.

Loki dies at 5. Accept it and move on.

Khazra Reborn
With prep, I think Loki would account for the fact that Thor can disrupt his connection to Cyttorak. Still though, round 5 would be really tough to get through. If Thor and Bill smash Mjolnir and Stormbreaker together, the energy backlash would hurt Loki badly, even with full Juggernaut power.

Digi
Need I remind you that BRB is on the team with Stormbreaker? There's nowhere Loki can go that he can't follow. Stormbreaker = Mjolnir in all areas it can even Godblast.

Loki dies at 5. Accept it and move on.

Granting Bill Thor's feats is something that's been a point of contention for years on the forums. While I won't pretend to have an authoritative opinion on the matter, BRB has done no such thing with Stormbreaker - its potential be damned - and the consensus usually sides against him being able to co-opt Thor's feats.

You're also continually insisting on an outcome that I haven't accepted or denied. Why? I don't object to the team winning. I object to the rudimentary way you think they'll do it. Especially given prep, in which case Loki will have them chasing ghosts for the vast majority of the fight. You're only considering feats on one side of the fight. There are arguments to be made for the team. You aren't making them. Or rather, you're only making a smallish part of one.

Digi
Ok, here's my actual take:

So if I'm Loki, what am I doing with the prep? Loki's a schemer, but in a narrative sense, not necessarily because prep gives him a ton of power. But he's smart enough to realize he wouldn't win a 4-on-1. So the strategy is to divide and conquer. Temporary BFR may be necessary, but with a mixture of illusions, mind tricks, and dimensional portals (or even non-dimensional), he can separate all but the hammer brothers. I don't think anyone questions that he can take on any one of them, so the true issue becomes Thor and Bill.

Zop correctly surmises that the hammers themselves are the chief issue he's facing. They can absorb his magical energies when properly focused and cut off his connection to Cytorrak if given the chance. So with some summons - rock golems, dragons, or other creatures he's summoned through the years - the goal would be to keep them in melee, where the advantage is his.

Since no one has overt psi-defenses, though the hammer brothers are likely immune to Loki's charms, there may also be the option of turning the team against itself through a mixture of magical telepathic suggestion and illusions.

Also, between teleports, phasing, etc., Loki would control the point of entry on conflict.

Given the safety net that is Juggernaut's durability, I think Loki could leverage his versatility to pull a majority on the team, though I wouldn't call it a 10/10 scenario. They team would have to have a fairly coordinated, swift strike on multiple fronts to put Loki down before he peaced out to try again, fully healed and invulnerable again. They have the power...Godblasts, etc. So it's not impossible, but I also see it as slightly less likely, given the lopsided prep.

Due to the lack of magical defenses on the "Surfer..." team, I actually think 7 is an easier fight for Loki than 5. 6 obviously is the hardest until Thanos due to sheer numbers and the hammers.

The prep is one-sided, so I assume I'm not taking many liberties with fight initiative.

Which leaves Thanos and Tyrant. Near equals, if their encounter is to be taken at face value (though Tyrant is rightly placed last). Also given Thanos's showing against Loki's adoptive dad, I'm not sure he could bring enough offense to bear on Thanos to put him down. It's a conundrum of a fight for me, because breaching Loki's defenses would be dicey as well. I'd likely side with the Titan, though narrowly.

carver9
Juggernaut didn't even have his true invulnerability when he fought Thor. His force field was his durability. Later Juggernaut end up get above elite tier durability. With that said, removing a force field does nothing in this battle since Juggernaut doesn't need it.

golem370
I would like to see a confrontation between Thanos and Loki normally.

Stoic
Originally posted by golem370
I would like to see a confrontation between Thanos and Loki normally.

Why? Did you want to see Loki pee in his pants as Thanos chokes the life out of him?

golem370
Because he is tricky versatile and powerful.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.