Uliq vs. Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The_Tempest
Geonosian arena, all out.

carthage
Ulic gets torn apart

psmith81992
Ulic wins. No stomp.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by carthage
Ulic gets torn apart

Reasons?

carthage
Sabers: Ulic is a few tiers beneath Tyranus as a duelist

Ulic has defeated Warb Null, Satal Keeto, Cay Qel Droma, stalemated a pre-Prime Exar Kun, Mandalore, and fought Vima Sunrider and Sylvar deprived of the force in a duel. Impressive, but Tyranus comparatively defeated General Grievous, Sora Bulq, Quinlan Vos, Tholme, Anakin Skywalker, Obi Wan Kenobi, Asajj Ventress, and held his own against Yoda.

Tyranus's dueling feats outweigh Ulic's by a significant margin, and Tyranus also outskills Ulic as a duelist. He is canonically the greatest Makashi practitioner, has been referred to as one of the best duelist the Jedi ever produced, and at least has a basic knowledge of all of the lightsaber forms. Ulic is outmatched here.

Force: Ulic has a paltry amount of force showings he's telekninetically lifted a beam that fell on Cay, deflected blaster bolts back from Mandalore with a force shield, and blasted back multiple Jedi with a force scream, as well as used force choke. He mainly used the force for augmentation, which enabled him to evade blaster bolts and generate multiple after images.

Count Dooku is a far more potent force practitioner. In terms of force enhanced speed, he's fought faster than Obi Wan could perceive, he's moved his lightsaber fast enough to appear to be everywhere at once, he's dodged multiple attacks from Savage Opress, OCW Grievous, and Anakin and Obi wan effortlessly, formed ribbons with his blade, fought imperceptibly fast, and matched Yoda in speed.

In TK, he's ragdolled Kenobi, lifted 12 obelisks that weighed tons effortlessly, brought down a pillar, brought down a massive crane, brought down hordes of boulders on Tholme, collapsed a cave onto Obi Wan and Anakin, collapsed a bridge and balcony, choked out Quinlan Vos, killed Komari Vosa with force choke, dominated Ventress with TK, hurled OCW Grievous into barrels.

His lightning has killed Kiffar warriors, he's Koed Sora bulq with it, and killed night brothers. Though it should never come into play as Ulic can absorb it.

In terms of force abilities Ulic is massively outweighed by Dooku's telekinetic showings, and in dueling abilities Dooku's feats put him multiple tiers above Ulic. Ulic is roughly on the same tier as Ventress, Bulq, Obi Wan, and Kenobi all who have been ragdolled by Dooku, and as Ulic has been hurled back by Ommin's sorcery, has few force defeats, I see no reason why Tyranus can't simply dominate him with TK. Ulic has no feats to suggest he can outduel Tyranus, and generally has very little in the way of force showings to suggest he can hold his own in that regard

Tyranus stomps 10/10

Trocity
Sabers: Ulic is a few tiers beneath Tyranus as a duelist

Ulic has defeated Warb Null, Satal Keeto, Cay Qel Droma, stalemated a pre-Prime Exar Kun, Mandalore, and fought Vima Sunrider and Sylvar deprived of the force in a duel. Impressive, but Tyranus comparatively defeated General Grievous, Sora Bulq, Quinlan Vos, Tholme, Anakin Skywalker, Obi Wan Kenobi, Asajj Ventress, and held his own against Yoda.

Tyranus's dueling feats outweigh Ulic's by a significant margin, and Tyranus also outskills Ulic as a duelist. He is canonically the greatest Makashi practitioner, has been referred to as one of the best duelist the Jedi ever produced, and at least has a basic knowledge of all of the lightsaber forms. Ulic is outmatched here.

Force: Ulic has a paltry amount of force showings he's telekninetically lifted a beam that fell on Cay, deflected blaster bolts back from Mandalore with a force shield, and blasted back multiple Jedi with a force scream, as well as used force choke. He mainly used the force for augmentation, which enabled him to evade blaster bolts and generate multiple after images.

Count Dooku is a far more potent force practitioner. In terms of force enhanced speed, he's fought faster than Obi Wan could perceive, he's moved his lightsaber fast enough to appear to be everywhere at once, he's dodged multiple attacks from Savage Opress, OCW Grievous, and Anakin and Obi wan effortlessly, formed ribbons with his blade, fought imperceptibly fast, and matched Yoda in speed.

In TK, he's ragdolled Kenobi, lifted 12 obelisks that weighed tons effortlessly, brought down a pillar, brought down a massive crane, brought down hordes of boulders on Tholme, collapsed a cave onto Obi Wan and Anakin, collapsed a bridge and balcony, choked out Quinlan Vos, killed Komari Vosa with force choke, dominated Ventress with TK, hurled OCW Grievous into barrels.

His lightning has killed Kiffar warriors, he's Koed Sora bulq with it, and killed night brothers. Though it should never come into play as Ulic can absorb it.

In terms of force abilities Ulic is massively outweighed by Dooku's telekinetic showings, and in dueling abilities Dooku's feats put him multiple tiers above Ulic. Ulic is roughly on the same tier as Ventress, Bulq, Obi Wan, and Kenobi all who have been ragdolled by Dooku, and as Ulic has been hurled back by Ommin's sorcery, has few force defeats, I see no reason why Tyranus can't simply dominate him with TK. Ulic has no feats to suggest he can outduel Tyranus, and generally has very little in the way of force showings to suggest he can hold his own in that regard

Tyranus stomps 10/10

I agree with this. I think if they fought 100 times, Dooku would win every single time.

DarthAnt66
Not even close. no expression Carthage's argument has so much bias I have truly shocked. Dooku wins, but not every time for obvious reasons.
Hint: Never agree with carthage. Whatever he says, it's probably the exact opposite.

carthage
What feats does Ulic have to suggest he can contend with Dooku? I have no bias, Ulic is one of my favorite characters. Dooku is simply better in every conceivable fashion based on feats.

Nephthys
I have no bias

laughing

carthage
Originally posted by Nephthys
I wank Bane and Vitiate harder than anyone alive

Nephthys
Legend and Nebaris wank Bane and Vitiate far more than myself.

carthage
Again based on what feats how is Ulic superior to Dooku?

Emperordmb
laughing

carthage
Again listing feats is not having a bias, in terms of showings Ulic has next to nothing to suggest he'd beat Dooku or even pose a better chance than Ventress or Bulq did.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Trocity
I agree with this. I think if they fought 100 times, Dooku would win every single time.
Lulz, Dooku couldn't fight Qui-Gon and win a 100 times. laughing

DarthAnt66
laughing

Based
Dooku in a tough battle. lol at any notions of a stomp and lol at any notions of 100/100.

carthage
There is no reason to believe Ulic can even take one or two rounds. He doesn't have the offensive power of Malgus, and doesn't have the destructive power of Kun or Krayt. He is a skilled duelist but lacks the force feats to suggest he can do anything more than get taken out like Ventress, Bulq, or Kenobi.

Again prove otherwise.

The_Tempest
I agree that there won't be stompage, but Carthage is the only one to provide a cogent argument.

carthage
Ulic will fare no better than Bulq, Ventress, or Kenobi

Nephthys
There is no reason to believe Ulic can even take one or two rounds. He doesn't have the offensive power of Malgus, and doesn't have the destructive power of Kun or Krayt. He is a skilled duelist but lacks the force feats to suggest he can do anything more than get taken out like Ventress, Bulq, or Kenobi.

Again prove otherwise.

Ulic may not have much offense (though that amulet might do something), but he has powerful defenses which Dooku won't be getting through, like he can against the guys you mentioned. And his swordsmanship in Shien is exemplary. He'd be a tough fight against Dooku like Anakin is. A skilled, powerful duelist who has defenses just a bit too powerful for him to reliably penetrate.

carthage
Ulic may not have much offense (though that amulet might do something), but he has powerful defenses which Dooku won't be getting through, like he can against the guys you mentioned. And his swordsmanship in Shien is exemplary. He'd be a tough fight against Dooku like Anakin is. A skilled, powerful duelist who has defenses just a bit too powerful for him to reliably penetrate.

He was blasted back by Ommin's sorcery, which pales in comparison to the destructive power of Dooku's telekinetic feats. Also he has no strength feats to suggest he can break Tyranus's defense, who has held off Kenobi and Anakin at once. Shien has an advantage over Shien, but Ulic has no dueling feats to suggest he can hold his own and or not get stabbed out by the Count's superior agility like when he stabbed out Kenobi in AOTC.

Ulic close to his peak couldn't break a pre-Prime Exar Kun's defense, he has nothing to suggest he can break the Counts

Nephthys
No way does Ommin's sorcery pale in comparison to Dooku. Ommin was blasting back Nomi, Ulic, Cay, Oss, Dace, Tott and Shoaneb at the same time. That's ****ing bonkers, Ommin was crazy powerful. However, Ulic was the only one able to break through his assault and beat him. And that was well before his prime. Plus Ulic has the feat of blocking Basilisk War Droid cannons.

That Ulic wasn't able to defeat Kun only shows Kun's talent with a blade. Ulic was able to go toe to toe with an enraged Jedi as an out of practice old man with no force connection. His lightsaber skill is immense, better than AotC Kenobi at any rate. And I didn't say Ulic is better than Dooku, only that it'd be no stomp.

psmith81992
Ommin's sorcery pales in comparison to DOoku? That's hysterical.

carthage
Originally posted by psmith81992

I said in destructive output.

Hurling boulders that weigh tons, shattering, balconies, and choking out/breaking the force connections of multiple Powerful force wielders >> sending 4 featless swordsmen flying.

I said Ommin's sorcery pales in destructive power, and again and all he did was blast them back. Dooku has the capability to dominate powerful beings with just the wave of his hand. Dooku has casually dominated Kenobi, while still simultaneously engaging Anakin in combat. If he's focusing solely on Ulic, he's going to take him out much like he did Bulq or Ventress. As for Ulic's droid feat, that would work well against something like lightning.

Vima and Sylvar have nothing on Bulq, Ventress, or any of the individuals in terms of feats. While it speaks truth about Ulic's dueling abilities, that doesn't translate to his ability to hold his own against the Count. The Count is more agile than Vima or Sylvar, many tiers faster, and Ulic has no response for his TK other than getting blown back like he did with Ommin.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by psmith81992

You tell 'em, Beef. Put those lame-ass PT characters in their place. Ommin > Sidious, amirite bro??

Nephthys
Dominating 7 Jedi > Dominating Maul and Savage. Deal w it.

I said Ommin's sorcery pales in destructive power, and again and all he did was blast them back. Dooku has the capability to dominate powerful beings with just the wave of his hand. Dooku has casually dominated Kenobi, while still simultaneously engaging Anakin in combat. If he's focusing solely on Ulic, he's going to take him out much like he did Bulq or Ventress. As for Ulic's droid feat, that would work well against something like lightning.

That doesn't matter. Ommin is still dominating them whether he blew them back or blew their faces off. Dominating 7 Jedi at once is a better feat than dominating Kenobi or Bulq.

Agreed about the lightning though. Though I see no reason why he can't block TK with it as well.

Vima and Sylvar have nothing on Bulq, Ventress, or any of the individuals in terms of feats. While it speaks truth about Ulic's dueling abilities, that doesn't translate to his ability to hold his own against the Count. The Count is more agile than Vima or Sylvar, many tiers faster, and Ulic has no response for his TK other than getting blown back like he did with Ommin.

You're ignoring the fact that Ulic fought Sylvar without access to the Force. Meaning that in raw lightsaber skill and physical ability he could content with her despite lacking enhanced reflexes, speed, strength, precognition etc, while old and out of practice. Logically speaking his prowess would be impressive indeed with his immense force power to draw upon and in his prime.

Emperordmb
Hello sock.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Hello sock.
Not talking to you Neph BTW, because that might be what it looks like once that sock is deleted completely.

Trocity
Originally posted by Based
lol at any notions of a stomp and lol at any notions of 100/100.

Lol at any of you even thinking you know what would happen in a battle between two fictional characters. Lol @ you.

The_Tempest
Dominating 7 Jedi > Dominating Maul and Savage. Deal w it.

haermm

Nephthys
http://media.giphy.com/media/Zo9ACzmJgoqRy/giphy.gif

carthage
Man, Neph you really let yourself go

The_Tempest
He's just trolling.

Nephthys
SFTU, my hat is ****in' incredible.

Selenial
Yeh....
I can't believe I'm saying this, but Carthage is right. Dooku every time.

Nephthys
Ulic > Nomi.

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx163/McKaysAngel/animations/gif-dean-smirk.gif

carthage
No disagreement there either.

red8
Originally posted by The_Tempest
I agree that there won't be stompage, but Carthage is the only one to provide a cogent argument.

appletonia
It was only a young, inexperienced Ulic that was initially pushed back by Ommin's sorcery (which was so powerful that it put a legendary Jedi Master like Arca Jeth into a coma or something, as well as dominate the Force prodigy Nomi Sunrider and as Nephthys said, something like 7 Jedi at once), and the fact that he alone was able to ultimately resist it is a pretty great feat. Not to mention, sorcery can be harder to defend against than regular Force attacks, and didn't Dooku himself get easily dominated by Talzin's sorcery?

Ulic would later go on to become far more experienced and gain a Sith amulet, at which point he was capable of stalemating Exar Kun in a battle that would have lasted for hours, and was seen to be shimmering in the darkside in a comparable manner to Exar from the perspective of Aleema, both of which imply that Exar wasn't drastically more powerful than Ulic, and that he couldn't simply dominate him with the Force. And when it comes to feats, Exar vastly outstrips Dooku.

I see no reason to believe that Dooku is even close to as gifted a swordsman as Ulic is. People seem to find it impossibly difficult to admit that Ulic has, by far, the greatest demonstration of pure technical skill with a lightsaber there is, in fighting off a notable Jedi while having been cut off from the Force. Stalemating Exar Kun, himself a lightsaber prodigy and frighteningly powerful Force User, is similarly one of the best demonstrations of overall lightsaber ability we've ever seen. Dooku hasn't ever shown comparable ability with a lightsaber.

Dooku has also never used the Force to dominate someone like Nomi Sunrider, and Ulic dominated both her and his brother Cay simultaneously.

appletonia
Let's also remind ourselves that Dooku couldn't even fight evenly with Yoda on a darkside nexus (one that was explicitly stated to have made him far more powerful), as I just stated he got dominated by Talzin's sorcery, and seemed to get dominated by Sidious regularly. Ulic on the other hand, was able to fight evenly in a fight that would have lasted hours with a lightsaber prodigy that possessed the ingenuity to later on create his own lightsaber form, and who was capable of such feats as draining the entire Massassi race and freezing the senate, and also possessive of perhaps the single most destructive short range Force attack we've ever come across.

Ulic >>> Dooku

AncientPower
Ulic was a 'masterful practitioner' of both Form V variants so him besting Dooku in a duel is far from a long shot.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.