Sentry - Blue Marvel - Hyperion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Sentry

Blue Marvel

Hyperion

Of the 3... Which one is further from being a Superman clone?

Which of the 3 would you like to be part of the main Avenger for a long period of time?

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Supermex
Sentry

Blue Marvel

Hyperion

Of the 3... Which one is further from being a Superman clone?

Which of the 3 would you like to be part of the main Avenger for a long period of time?

Obviously Sentry is the furthest. He's not even close.

Blue Marvel is far less like Superman than Hyperion and he is the one they should establish as a long time Avenger, no doubt.

celeyhyga17
Blue Marvel

One_Angry_Scot
Either Sentry or Blue Marvel but I'm leaning more to the Sentry. Both of these characters have intricate stories based around their characters and are nowhere near identical to Superman. Hyperion is a pastiche of Superman. Furthest for me would be Sentry.

I would like Robert to return as a hero in some capacity but I think now he is just too powerful. Any threat Earth faces he can just end quite soon. Perhaps he can become more like a cosmic version of the Watcher obviously more outgoing than Uatu was (even though he did break his oath many a time).

Galan007
sentry for sure. he's not really that similar at all, actually.

Supermex
Ya Sentry's powers are all over to keep up with him.

I favor B.Marvel more in a main Avengers roster as a long term member

carver9
The only one is that is like him is Hyperion. The other two aren't even similar to Supes in any kind of way.

pym-ftw
...what?

Rao Kal El
Lol Blue Marvel is like a spiritually Superman.

I have actually though that Blue Marvel should be Marvel's Superman to inspire them.

If there is a Superman that fits in Marvel universe is Blue Marvel and then Sentry, but Sentry is a wreck who can't inspire no one.

And Hyperion does not really fit well, he kinda looks too cartoon ish for the Marvel Universe IMO.

A guy like Blue Marvel who experienced racism first hand and follows the orders for a greater good is a great Superman for Marvel IMO

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Obviously Sentry is the furthest. He's not even close.

Blue Marvel is far less like Superman than Hyperion and he is the one they should establish as a long time Avenger, no doubt. Pretty much.

Supermex
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Lol Blue Marvel is like a spiritually Superman.

I have actually though that Blue Marvel should be Marvel's Superman to inspire them.

If there is a Superman that fits in Marvel universe is Blue Marvel and then Sentry, but Sentry is a wreck who can't inspire no one.

And Hyperion does not really fit well, he kinda looks too cartoon ish for the Marvel Universe IMO.

A guy like Blue Marvel who experienced racism first hand and follows the orders for a greater good is a great Superman for Marvel IMO

Totally agree

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by carver9
The only one is that is like him is Hyperion. The other two aren't even similar to Supes in any kind of way.
Sentry(Robert Reynolds -alliteration) initially was very much a Superman facsimile. What with all the power of a million exploding SUNS and stuff...
Super str, speed, invulnerability, flight, senses, and a big S on his belt. Yeah he's a big time copy.

Hyperion(Mark Milton-alliteration) also referred to getting empowered by the sun. Also has super str, speed, invulnerability, flight, super senses, and some sort of vision attack. Big time copy.

Adam Brashear's((not alliteration) power is anti-matter based. Blue Marvel has your super str, invulnerability, flight, speed(maybe), senses, but has a host of antimatter manipulation like blasts from hands and some anti-matter field creation(as seen in age of heroes). Not very Superman like.

maxivitopowe
BM
He's black

Supermex
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Sentry(Robert Reynolds -alliteration) initially was very much a Superman facsimile. What with all the power of a million exploding SUNS and stuff...
Super str, speed, invulnerability, flight, senses, and a big S on his belt. Yeah he's a big time copy.

Hyperion(Mark Milton-alliteration) also referred to getting empowered by the sun. Also has super str, speed, invulnerability, flight, super senses, and some sort of vision attack. Big time copy.

Adam Brashear's((not alliteration) power is anti-matter based. Blue Marvel has your super str, invulnerability, flight, speed(maybe), senses, but has a host of antimatter manipulation like blasts from hands and some anti-matter field creation(as seen in age of heroes). Not very Superman like.

Agree

Stoic
The Sentry is as far away from being like Superman as a thought is from being like water. He may have had an S on his costume, but his powers, and personality are way off.

Comparing the Blue Marvel to Superman is really wrong. The closest character to him in DC would be Captain Atom, however personality wise, Adam would likely be one of Superman's best friends due to similar dispositions.

Hyperion is a Superman clone through, and through. Marvel simply refuses to flesh him out, or place him in the spotlight. Big waste, because he's a very good character. Hyperion, Sungod, Gladiator, Kid Gladiator, and Count Nefaria had to have been made with Superman in mind.

Jynocidus
Nice thread

Prof. T.C McAbe
1. BM, he has the basics of Supermans power, strength, flight, invulnerability etc. but he still looks unique enough.
2. Sentry, was created as Marvel Superman at first, powers, S, a dog etc. evolved or devolved, depends on who you ask, to something new imo.
3. Hyperion is like SunGod or Gladiator a direct homage or copy, powers and leader role in their group, though not background.

Supermex
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
1. BM, he has the basics of Supermans power, strength, flight, invulnerability etc. but he still looks unique enough.
2. Sentry, was created as Marvel Superman at first, powers, S, a dog etc. evolved or devolved, depends on who you ask, to something new imo.
3. Hyperion is like SunGod or Gladiator a direct homage or copy, powers and leader role in their group, though not background.

Agree with Prof. T.C

Insane Titan
Gladiator.

Poor mans Superman

Branlor Swift
Sentry solos.

And considering Hype is already a part, I'd like him to keep on being a part of the Avengers.

maxivitopowe
This... Isn't a fight...

maxivitopowe
Why is the post per page limit so awkward?

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
This... Isn't a fight... Sentry still solos this thread easily on the subject of who's farthest away from Superman.

In fact it might even be a spite thread.

Supermex
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Sentry still solos this thread easily on the subject of who's farthest away from Superman.

In fact it might even be a spite thread.

It is..

So who's further away from a Superman clone stigma?

CadenceV2
Sentry is the closest and farthest from being Superman. I loathed the character as a uninspired Supes knock off, but quickly found a fondness for him as his character was fleshed out over time. He has as someone else out it evolved in powers and how to use them. As a character he was always was a total wreck in personality which is a strange appeal as one day he is the good guy, and the next the villain. I liked that aspect of him.

Hyperion is a knock off period. The most fleshed out version of Hyperion is the. Supreme Power comic line Hyperion who is not only really interesting, but very brutal with his powers. Anyway he is a super man clone in that backstory through and through.

Blue Marvel, heard of him and that's it.

h1a8
Sentry is very much like Superman. Very close.
Blue Marvel is the most different.

Kamahamaha
Blue Marvel reminds me of Icon for some reason...... Icon was Milestones Superman analogue. He also reminds me of Solar and Dr. Manhattan in his origin. Blue Marvel as Delta stated earlier should be Marvels Superman. I like the character a lot.
Sentry was a deconstructed Superman clone in his first mini, Bendis ruined that and made him silly. The Uncanny Avengers stuff was barely readable.
Hyperion is a homage, but being used beautifully by Fraction.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.