"angry ghost"..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evil Windu
I am currently reading Tatooine Ghost, a better-than-average EU story that has Princess Leia chasing an object across the desert planet, and stumbling across her family's history in the process. One particular mention really caught my attention. Leia learns about a hidden oasis out past the Dune Sea that is sacred to the Tusken People. It is said that years ago, an entire village was discovered slaughtered by an angry ghost. The Sand People now leave offerings to this angry god which just happens to be very close by to where Old Ben Kenobi made his home.

This got me thinking. The theory (according to the Zahn trilogy) is that Yoda made his home nearby the Dark Side cave in order to mask his presence in the Force. Could the horrible event we saw in AOTC also have left a Dark Side scar? Could Anakin's fall to the Dark Side have left an indelible mark? Could Obi-wan have learned about what Anakin did there, and have chosen this spot to mask his own Force presence as Yoda did?

***I do not want to hear that this is EU material and therefore not canon. I recognize that. As we all have learned, nothing is canon until we actually see it on the screen. Not Spoilers, not storyboards, nothing. Until then it's all just speculation.

(and even then everything could change when it arrives on DVD)

yerssot
seems far fetched, imho

GordonSkywalker
Has possibilities. cool

cookies2006
almost anythings possible.

Ushgarak
EU sources are many, many times less reliable than storyboards.

Tevesh
you have great ideas, windu. this one especially. i actually read the ep2 book before it came out on the big screen and the tusken camp scene was much much longer and much much more graphic, so i'm in total agreement with you.

and while stuff from the books is questionable, not everything that occurs in them is wrong, supposition, and cannot be used at all. information from both the books and movies should be used, much like you are doing, windu.

Ushgarak
But do not put them on the same level, is all. Something plot-wise from the films is a certainty. Something plot-wise from the books is only speculation. Information from leaked storyboards is very RELIABLE information (100% success rate with both prequel films), unlike EU which is not. Though Tatooine Ghost was, of course, written with the new films in mind.

Not that that is greatly relevant because this is more a matter of general speculation than EU continuity. The theory about Yoda being on Dagobah because it masked his presence is an age-old fan one (that was being advanced before Zahn put it in text) and likewise sich speculation about Tatooine being somewhere similar because of its Anakin connection has been somewhat rife.

But I think it takes more than evil acts to make a place like Dagobah. I can't see Tatooine having such a connection- I think as Luke says, Tatooine is simply dull, not evil.

queeq
Dull? It seems to be the centre of the universe by now, after 5 movies. big grin

Anyway, I wholeheartedly agree with Ush.

Ushgarak
A very dull centre of the universe...

queeq
Not really. Two very good Jedi come from Tatooine, it has a really rough and exciting spaceport, it has some wild podraces, cool canyons to fly T-16's in and shoot womprats, various species and it attracts the most colourful people and droids.

Ushgarak
Yeah, very dull...

Captain REX
Skywalker found it dull because he was a moisture farmer that was stuck on a farm. That's why he found it dull...

Now, if he lived in Mos Eisley and was a gun-slinger like Han, it would be different.

LaurenE147
I don't think it's farfetched at all. I think that is probably not coincidental. I've been wanting to read that. Now I have to!

GordonSkywalker
I think there is some sort of connection between what Anakin did and why Ben chose to live where he did during his exile.

Tevesh
yep. and it's not just a common thing for Yoda to hear the sprit of a great jedi master who died 10 years ago

Member.
wow, nice deduction. anakin slaughtering the whole village could've just been that.

finti
Guess Ben/Obi Wan chose to stay on Tatoine to keep an eye on Luke

LaurenE147
Of course, that. But why did he choose that exact spot.

GordonSkywalker
Heck, I need to get that book asap so I can check it out for myself!

cookies2006
What book GS?

GordonSkywalker
Tatooine Ghost, the latest Star Wars hardcover. This thread is talking about scenes in this book which tie Pincess Leia to Shmi Skywalker.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.