Deityception with the Nightsisters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Emperordmb
With the recent flare up of Talzin topics, I thought I'd bring up something interesting. A case of deityception I noticed in relation to the Nightsisters, and Mother Talzin in particular.

The Fangrawl cult in season six of the Clone Wars worshiped Talzin as their deity, "The Great Mother."

This is interesting because Mother Talzin has two deities of her own, the Son and the Daughter of Mortis, who she worships as the "Fanged God" and "Winged Goddess" respectively.

Mother Talzin is worshiped as a deity, yet at the same time she has deities of her own.

Deityception!

Selenial
I think you should compare Talzin to a British Monarch.

They thought they had the divine right, and were pretty much worshiped as Gods, yet we know they were mere mortals who happened to be born to a family who had power.

Talzin is nothing more than their leader, who they have a mad devotion to.

You could think of it like a hierarchy.

If you want you could even compare it to the Greeks, mortals worshipped those they considered Demi-Gods, those who were spawn of actual Gods, yet those demi gods had no power outside of any mortal and answered to those they considered their actual gods.

The same can be said for Roman emperors.

I don't think Deityception is that uncommon stick out tongue

Fated Xtasy
Nice job Dmb, i actually never noticed any of this. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.