Challenge my team in a fist fight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
My two are WBH and HP Doomsday

What trans tier or below character can trump my two in a fist fight? You can only choose two people.

Challenge begins!!!!

Fight takes place on a planet made of adamantium. Hulk backlash of power can't hurt Doomsday.

SamZED
Originally posted by carver9
Hulk backlash of power can't hurt Doomsday. Period. stick out tongue

My team is classic Juggernaut and DColdU Supes. Should be interesting.

One_Angry_Scot
Well I don't think anyone below Trans Tier can win here, so I will go with.

Death Seed Sentry and GA Superman-Prime.

Both have insane durability and striking power. And speed which will be a factor we have Prime before the amp who could punch through reality, or for strength wise we have feats such as Sentry with Exitar. These 2 aren't lacking in any way.

Or

Runner and DP Tyrant (if you consider him as a high trans although if you believe this is wrong I will swap Tyrant in another message)

Runner as we obviously know is incredibly fast and don't forget his encounter with the Surfer where he overpowered him. I don't see neither of the enemies tagging him. Runner can put out combined with his strength and speed he could deliver some dangerous and fast attacks. Tyrant we all know about taking on that whole load of Heralds along with Gladiator (only saying it that way as that isn't a Herald of Galactus). He is extremely formidable. His durability isn't to be sneezed at either.

I don't mean for this to be provocative listing just giving my opinion. If you think it's wrong tell me why and I'll adjust accordingly.

carver9
Wouldn't consider Tyrant a trans tier tbh but your teams look solid. How would you pair them?

One_Angry_Scot
Wouldn't consider Tyrant a trans tier tbh but your teams look solid. How would you pair them?

Yeah I guess so, would you say he is a Skyfather then? What do you mean by how would I pair them?

carver9
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Yeah I guess so, would you say he is a Skyfather then? What do you mean by how would I pair them?

Yes...I think he is a skyfather since I think he could pull some wins from Odin while others think he could get a majority.

Pair as in, who would you have fighting against the other. Would you have Hulk fighting Prime or Sentry, same with the other two.

One_Angry_Scot
Yes...I think he is a skyfather since I think he could pull some wins from Odin while others think he could get a majority.

Pair as in, who would you have fighting against the other. Would you have Hulk fighting Prime or Sentry, same with the other two.

Ah okay,

I think I would go with Sentry fighting Hulk, from what we know durability wise this Sentry is unkillable (if you have noticed the only times he shows damage I.e Wasp or the Thor hit) was when the story was being used to portray him as such like you have with the dead men rising quote. So Hulks aura isn't a problem I don't think it poses a problem to Sentry. If anything this is now Sentry without Agoraphobia so he isn't afraid of releasing his full power. He'll be throwing punches hundreds and thousands of times harder than what he was hitting Thor with (considering in Thor fights he was holding back). And as he is required to kill them he isn't going to go slow every hit will be coming at a lightning speed.

Superman-Prime I would pit against Doomsday because one it would just be an awesome battle to read like the Sentry vs WBH one. But like I said Prime has the speed and the strength to take him. Both of these characters won't be holding back here and for that reason Hulk and Doomsday won't last (not stating that Doomsday and WBH are in this fight).

Delta1938
PC Validus and Silver Age Superman.

Prof. T.C McAbe
PC Captain Marvel and PC Superman

One_Angry_Scot
So for another team I will choose.

Runner and Thanos.

Now I know there is tons of controversy here about Thanos against these 2 in particular but I have my reasons. Runner is obviously a speed demon, so when the fight begins Runner will instantly at light speed start throwing punch onto punch into Hulk. He will also be able to see Hulk moving in almost like slow motion (similar to Prime and Sentry would perhaps) so he won't be able to get hit by him but Runner. will constantly be pummelling Hulk till the point Hulk will be wiped.

Now Thanos here is purely a brick. He has godlike durability so he can square up to Doomsday virtually knowing he isn't going to be killed so he will be toying with him in the beginning. Thanos is no slouch in the physical department either given how we see him beating Surfer to death or knocking Hulk away in Infinity #6 so imagine of he knew it was a life or death (for once in Thanos's life) situation. You would see a whole new breed of fighting from him that would allow him to stay toe to toe with Doomsday until Doomsday is either defeated or Runner kills Hulk and decides to join in with Thanos.

carver9
So for another team I will choose.

Runner and Thanos.

Now I know there is tons of controversy here about Thanos against these 2 in particular but I have my reasons. Runner is obviously a speed demon, so when the fight begins Runner will instantly at light speed start throwing punch onto punch into Hulk. He will also be able to see Hulk moving in almost like slow motion (similar to Prime and Sentry would perhaps) so he won't be able to get hit by him but Runner. will constantly be pummelling Hulk till the point Hulk will be wiped.

Now Thanos here is purely a brick. He has godlike durability so he can square up to Doomsday virtually knowing he isn't going to be killed. Thanos is no slouch in the physical department either given how we see him beating Surfer to death or knocking Hulk away in Infinity #6 so imagine of he knew it was a life or death (for once in Thanos's life) situation. You would see a whole new breed of fighting from him that would allow him to stay toe to toe with Doomsday until he is either defeated or Runner kills Hulk and decides to join in with Thanos.

Can't see it.

Also, I was hoping people used nothing but recent characters.

One_Angry_Scot
Can't see it.

Okay then that team was more experimental. The first team was one I was sure would 100% win. The other one involved them using more varied tactics so it could perhaps be more closer.

What 2 Trans Tiers would you choose for taking them on?

DarkSaint85
The Spot.

Sebastian Shaw.

golem370
Harald Jaekelsson & 8th Day Juggernaut

Galan007

What trans tier or below character can trump my two in a fist fight? You can only choose two people. none.

good thread. thumb up

byrdgang21
Have to go with GA SBP & DS Sentry. Although I'm not sure if Sentry has the raw punching power to take these guys out in a fist fight but he is definitely strong enough and has the durability to contend.

Which gets me thinking is there anyone trans level below who can beat HP Doomsday in a straight fist fight?? Not sure if that's even possible.

I was also thinking of PC Validus but I'm not sure if he is considered trans or not.

Digi
Originally posted by Delta1938
PC Validus and Silver Age Superman.

thumb up

I was about to post this, perhaps with GA SBP in for PC Supes. Either way, they'd have a good chance.

Galan007
^ PC val and SA supes are considered trans-levelers? in that case, they'd likely win.

carver9
Originally posted by Galan007
^ PC val and SA supes are considered trans-levelers? in that case, they'd likely win.

Nope

Delta1938
Originally posted by Digi
thumb up

I was about to post this, perhaps with GA SBP in for PC Supes. Either way, they'd have a good chance.

I had thought about the GA Superman Prime, but I wasn't sure if qualified. Not sure if there's an area between Above Top-Tier and Skyfather.

Galan007
Nope nope, what?

Kamahamaha
I think the tiers of many of these characters are extremely personal and subjective. I also think they are incredibly hard to quantify and as a taxonomic discipline destined to fail in any attempt at explicit identification.

Branlor Swift
Watch this everyone. Is everyone watching? K check this out.

Thanos and Lord Mar-Vell

Enjoy your thread

Galan007
bran just threw a grenade at carver's soul.

carver9
nope, what?

That they are trans level. Both of those characters have insane fts.

carver9
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Watch this everyone. Is everyone watching? K check this out.

Thanos and Lord Mar-Vell

Enjoy your thread

laughing out loud

Digi
Originally posted by Kamahamaha
I think the tiers of many of these characters are extremely personal and subjective. I also think they are incredibly hard to quantify and as a taxonomic discipline destined to fail in any attempt at explicit identification.

Except this:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t577922.html

Yeah, there's subjectivity. But we use that list.

That they are trans level. Both of those characters have insane fts.

I'm confused, then. Are we not allowed to pick Trans. characters? Remember:

What trans tier or below character...

Consult the tiers thread. I forget if PC Supes is on it, but Validus surely is, and is Trans.

Magnon
Loa (Alani Ryan) solos.

carver9
Except this:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t577922.html

Yeah, there's subjectivity. But we use that list.

I'm confused, then. Are we not allowed to pick Trans. characters? Remember:

Consult the tiers thread. I forget if PC Supes is on it, but Validus surely is, and is Trans.

I think they are higher than trans tier.

Digi
I think they are higher than trans tier.

Well, ok, but the tiers thread disagrees with you, as do I. Odin would wreck PC Supes. Validus has less exploitable weaknesses, but I also think he would fall to the All-Father.

Delta1938

Superman isn't mentioned, but it says "Pre-CRISIS Kryptonians."

Stoic
just curious if PC characters were allowed in this thread?

carver9
No but people are still using them.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Stoic
just curious if PC characters were allowed in this thread?

I'm under the assumption that any "Pick a character to beat X" topics have any character that isn't excluded in the OP as fair game, regardless of canon.

Delta1938
No but people are still using them.

What trans tier or below character can trump my two in a fist fight? You can only choose two people.

You didn't say they weren't allowed.

carver9
Can't see it.

One_Angry_Scot

Challenge begins!!!!

Fight takes place on a planet made of adamantium. Hulk backlash of power can't hurt Doomsday.

Carver if you were to choose 2 Trans tiers to defeat the team you started with who would you pick?

Stoic
I'm under the assumption that any "Pick a character to beat X" topics have any character that isn't excluded in the OP as fair game, regardless of canon.

I asked because Carver said on page one that he would prefer that people picked current characters. PC was really all over the place, and in present day characters a limiter has clearly been placed on their abilities. PC Superman could nearly think of a new power, and poof presto there it was. it's almost like putting Mighty Mouse in a versus thread against the Wasp. She'd never win.

carver9
Carver if you were to choose 2 Trans tiers to defeat the team you started with who would you pick?

It would probably be the two you chose. Don't think Superman Prime had a physical showing that makes me believe he could pull a majority though. His highest showing is his fight against Monarch and Monarch was toying with him.

Delta1938
Can't see it.

Yeah, I saw that. You said you were HOPING. Not they were excluded. You're really bad at this.

Originally posted by Stoic
I asked because Carver said on page one that he would prefer that people picked current characters. PC was really all over the place, and in present day characters a limiter has clearly been placed on their abilities. PC Superman could nearly think of a new power, and poof presto there it was. it's almost like putting Mighty Mouse in a versus thread against the Wasp. She'd never win.

Like I said, he didn't say they weren't allowed, just he was hoping people wouldn't use them. If he meant they weren't allowed, he sure did a piss-poor job of saying it, and that's outside of he didn't place limits on picks(other than not beyond Above Top-Tier) in the OP.

Digi
Superman isn't mentioned, but it says "Pre-CRISIS Kryptonians."

Indeed. In any case, if we were to place him, he'd undoubtedly be in Trans.

He's right, though. The OP says nothing about PC characters, and your hoping it won't stop people from picking those who are most likely to win.

Anyway: PC Validus and Superman. I think they'd take a majority, though it wouldn't be easy.

If we must stick to post Crisis, GA SBP and...I dunno. Finding a second is trickier then.

Galan007
Well, ok, but the tiers thread disagrees with you, as do I. Odin would wreck PC Supes. Validus has less exploitable weaknesses, but I also think he would fall to the All-Father. where strength alone is concerned, they are well above the trans-tier, imo. however, they lack versatility on average, which is why someone like odin would likely defeat them in a forum battle(despite being far less of a physical force.)

however, since carver's thread is a purely physical match/brawl, i can understand his reservation in allowing SA superman and SA validus, given that the former has casually towed dozenS of planets behind him(to name one ridiculous strength feat), and the latter proved to be vastly stronger than any SA kryptonian(s)... /shrug

carver9
where strength alone is concerned, they are well above the trans-tier, imo. however, they lack versatility on average, which is why someone like odin would likely defeat them in a forum battle(despite being far less of a physical force.)

however, since carver's thread is a purely physical match/brawl, i can understand his reservation in allowing SA superman and SA validus, given that the former has casually towed dozenS of planets behind him(to name one ridiculous strength feat), and the latter proved to be vastly stronger than any SA kryptonian(s)... /shrug

Exactly. Seems like when threads are made like this, those are the first characters people resort too.

Delta1938
where strength alone is concerned, they are well above the trans-tier, imo. however, they lack versatility on average, which is why someone like odin would likely defeat them in a forum battle(despite being far less of a physical force.)

So you think SA Superman vs Odin, pure hand-to-hand, would be fairly one-sided for Superman?

What are some other Pre-CRISIS feats you can think of for Supes? Either as Superman or Superboy.

Galan007
So you think SA Superman vs Odin, pure hand-to-hand, would be fairly one-sided for Superman? SA supes was still ridiculously weak to magic(we saw this when he fought grundy), thus odin would still win decisively h2h, thanks to his magical nature.

LordofBrooklyn
none.

good thread. thumb up

Let the King of Canon step in.

The Plutonian and Champion with PG.

Carver, acknowledge defeat NOW!

Delta1938
SA supes was still ridiculously weak to magic(we saw this when he fought grundy), thus odin would still win decisively h2h, thanks to his magical nature.

So let's say something protects Superman from the effects. In regards to pure strength, how do you think Odin would do against Superman?

Also, you didn't answer my other question. mad

carver9
So let's say something protects Superman from the effects. In regards to pure strength, how do you think Odin would do against Superman?

Also, you didn't answer my other question. mad

You didn't answer my other question.

Delta1938
You didn't answer my other question.

What was your question?

carver9
It would probably be the two you chose. Don't think Superman Prime had a physical showing that makes me believe he could pull a majority though. His highest showing is his fight against Monarch and Monarch was toying with him.

One Angry...I answered your question.

One_Angry_Scot
One Angry...I answered your question.

Ah okay must have missed that, sorry for that.

Galan007

Also, you didn't answer my other question. mad in a pure match of strength? superman for sure, imo.

aside from the planetS-towing feat, he's got numerous other feats of throwing worlds all over the place.

Digi

Fair enough, and agreed. But yes, I think in a "normal" forum battle, both would lose to Odin. Which then makes the characters fair game for this thread.

srug

Exactly. Seems like when threads are made like this, those are the first characters people resort too.

With good reason. There are only a handful of Trans. characters who could compete in this thread, given the OP's stips. Or did you just want a thread we couldn't successfully answer? There are a few others I could throw out there, but if we're banned PC characters, SBP is the only other person I feel confident using. A few others could make it a close fight, but would ultimately lose, and the pickings are slim after SBP, SA Validus and Supes.

golem370
I would like to Supernova & Thanos go against them.

Supermex
Aquaman and Namor

Fight takes place in a large body of water somewheres in Rural Maine..

I win!!

Supermex
Eat your hotdog salad now!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.