Blok Vs Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/BK_zpsa799587f.jpg

vs

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/TG_zps14013d27.jpg

Stoic
Blok has always been superior to Ben in nearly every way, and has a flight ring too.

Annabeth
the Thing is always just passable

riv6672
Blok's powers seem to have fluctuated over time. His ability to increase his mass seems potent, but de-empathized over time in favor of strength; strength from what i just read that's said to fall between Timber Wolf and Colossal Boy.
He's also said to be slow, with a reaction time secondary to many which (not my words) hampered his effectiveness.

Ben on the other hand is a legit class 100, experienced HtH fighter with speed and reflexes mostly unchanged from before his transformation, accounting for his excellent piloting skills, as well as his fighting prowess.

This one goes to Ben.

Golgo13
What are some of his low showings?

riv6672
You'd have to look it up. I just did enough research to make up my own mind, not change anyone else's...
Comic Vine has a good profile page.

Golgo13
Well, we will use Blok at his more formidable. Same with Thing.

riv6672
Good deal.
I still go with Ben.

Golgo13
I say split for now. Shines the beatbok's signal.

riv6672
Haha, okay.
making threads with no idea who the characters are or what they do? Its a funky method! laughing out loud

Golgo13
I like to make threads where the characters are similar in nature. The most formidable thing I have heard is Blok going toe to toe with a Kryptonian.

riv6672
No offense meant, i just found your reaction funny.

Golgo13
Not angry. smile

riv6672
Good deal, i piss off enough people here.

I recall a Byrne story where Blok, Brainiac5, Invisible Boy and Sunboy were a stand in FF. Byrne re-did an old FF cover with Supes as Gladiator. You should find them, They were pretty good.

Sensui
Originally posted by riv6672
Blok's powers seem to have fluctuated over time. His ability to increase his mass seems potent, but de-empathized over time in favor of strength; strength from what i just read that's said to fall between Timber Wolf and Colossal Boy.
He's also said to be slow, with a reaction time secondary to many which (not my words) hampered his effectiveness.

Ben on the other hand is a legit class 100, experienced HtH fighter with speed and reflexes mostly unchanged from before his transformation, accounting for his excellent piloting skills, as well as his fighting prowess.

This one goes to Ben.

The Thing's Class 100 now?

When did this happen? I thought he was still Class 85-90 tops.

riv6672
Just going by what i've read, which i agree with.
Even at the level you have him at he'd win this IMO.

Sensui
Just going by what i've read, which i agree with.
Even at the level you have him at he'd win this IMO.

The reason I asked was Ben was just in a weight lifting contest with She Hulk and 85 tons, was the limit. (I know he can lift more in terms of the weight of real world objects but I see the 85 tons being a reference to his old Class 85 strength level).

Though he did pin the Class 100 Namor during the whole Avengers vs X-men event under a pair of Fish teeth! But I looked at that as more a great showing for Thing and not the greatest showing for Namor, his punches were compared to the impact of a car going 45 miles per hour roll eyes (sarcastic)

Golgo13
At best Blok was Class 100, IIRC. Beatbok's should clarify this!

8swords
Haha, okay.
making threads with no idea who the characters are or what they do? Its a funky method! laughing out loud

welcome to KMC golgo threads, laughing out loud

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Stoic
Blok has always been superior to Ben in nearly every way, and has a flight ring too.

rolling on floor laughing

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Sensui
The Thing's Class 100 now?

When did this happen? I thought he was still Class 85-90 tops.

He's been mid CL100 for quite sometime.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Tony Stark
rolling on floor laughing

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

Glad you agree with Stoic.

yes

abhilegend
Blok wins. He was compared to Byrne Era Superman and Ultra-boy in strength.

riv6672
And said to be stronger than Timber Wolf but not as strong as Colossal Boy.
So we have high and low end strength stats for both.

Ben is the better, more maneuverable fighter. Ben wins.

All fights are not decided on strength.
If they were, then someone like Z list villain Stallion (Randy Hanrahan) would have beaten Nightwing back in Dick's original series, as he was physically bigger and likely benched way more.

abhilegend
Well, Colossal boy is stronger than Thing too. So I don't know why that would matter here.

Golgo13
And said to be stronger than Timber Wolf but not as strong as Colossal Boy.
So we have high and low end strength stats for both.

Ben is the better, more maneuverable fighter. Ben wins.

All fights are not decided on strength.
If they were, then someone like Z list villain Stallion (Randy Hanrahan) would have beaten Nightwing back in Dick's original series, as he was physically bigger and likely benched way more.

Timber Wolf has given heralds a fight. And Blok has a Legion flight ring, so he has that advantage as well.

riv6672
Yes, he can fly, and i'm not denying its a good fight. I think Ben will win, for reasons i already posted. After looking up the character i knew the least about.

Just pointing out that a simplistic statement like "he's stronger. He wins." Is piss poor debating.
Unfortunately that debate style, coupled with who has the biggest fan base, is how a lot of the match ups get decided here.
If i can admit when my favorite characters lose, i think others should too. When they show obvious bias or debate like 3 year olds, i'll call attention to it.

Golgo13
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. smile

riv6672
No problem.

Golgo13
thumb up

riv6672
Originally posted by abhilegend
Well, Colossal boy is stronger than Thing too. So I don't know why that would matter here.
Ha, literally didnt see this post.
So you agree Stallion should have beaten Nightwing.
Please feel free to keep me on ignore. laughing out loud

Golgo13
Beatboks bump!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.