Green lanterns vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

God Cloth Seiya
Hal
John
Guy
Alan
Kilowag
And 7 fodder lanterns

Vs

Thanos

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

Shabazz916
like really ????

riv6672
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos wins.
Haha, classic quan.

A dozen GLs, who dont have to get anywhere near their opponent, free to do anything (IMO) short if killing, but including BFR, in a featureless environment?
GLs win.

deathslash
Isn't Guy currently wielding 10 red lantern rings? And isn't Alan the avatar of The Green?

riv6672
No idea.
Classic versions'll do it, though.

Bentley
Personally I can see Thanos taking it depending on Alan. It's not as if Thanos couldn't teleport if they tried to BFR and if Thanos kills those fodder Lanterns he could usurp a ring or two adding to his already impressive powerset (he has an incredible will and a good learning curve).

riv6672
I dont see much of that happening, but its a good argument.

Stoic
Originally posted by Bentley
Personally I can see Thanos taking it depending on Alan. It's not as if Thanos couldn't teleport if they tried to BFR and if Thanos kills those fodder Lanterns he could usurp a ring or two adding to his already impressive powerset (he has an incredible will and a good learning curve).

yep yep

riv6672
Again, dont really see it.
What i DO see is four "if"s and Thanos learning to use a GL ring effectively while under attack.
Still, as arguments go its WAY better than a stock character X wins post.

Bentley
Originally posted by riv6672
Again, dont really see it.
What i DO see is four "if"s and Thanos learning to use a GL ring effectively while under attack.
Still, as arguments go its WAY better than a stock character X wins post.

Technically speaking Thanos doesn't really depends on the rings to beat the team, his energy soaking abilities are top notch, the GL shields will crumble against his blasts. Barring Hal, the team has no feats to claim they can dispose of someone as sturdy as Thanos quick enough, and unlike Surfer/Superman/etc. the Lanterns don't have any particular speed edge to brag about.

Aqain, Alan could be the deal breaker as some of his incarnations are stupid powerful. Other than that... This is Hal + Fodder vs Thanos.

riv6672
Agree to disagree.
Italicizing "will" doesnt make it more than an if though.
Like i said, good argument.

Insane Titan
Technically speaking Thanos doesn't really depends on the rings to beat the team, his energy soaking abilities are top notch, the GL shields will crumble against his blasts. Barring Hal, the team has no feats to claim they can dispose of someone as sturdy as Thanos quick enough, and unlike Surfer/Superman/etc. the Lanterns don't have any particular speed edge to brag about.

Aqain, Alan could be the deal breaker as some of his incarnations are stupid powerful. Other than that... This is Hal + Fodder vs Thanos. thumb up yeah ppl need to learn stacking fodder doesn't give you the win.

Estacado
People need to understand that Thanos can easily beat high heralds with max 2-3 blasts.
While his durabilty is insane he just took multiple cc blasts and kept on going.
He took Thor's lightning undamaged took Black Bolt's scream to the face list goes on and on.

Its not Thanos fans that make up shit he is just tough as hell and has feats to back it up.

He would lose characters to Odin and Zeus but this team far below those 2.

If Superman can go through most of their shields like its made of paper its safe to say Thanos can do the same.

Bentley
Agree to disagree.
Italicizing "will" doesnt make it more than an if though.
Like i said, good argument.

Do you think a fodder lantern can resist Thanos's blasts? Then it will, italization or not.

Glad we agree.

DarkSaint85

His cynical will would be useless.

http://renegadecinema.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Green-Lantern-rebirth.jpg

Sure, Arrow ultimately did it, but after a lot of effort, he created a single (ultimately useless) arrow.

http://renegadecinema.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Green-Lantern-Rebirth-Green-Arrow-uses-ring-and-is-pain-channeling-willpower.jpg

Plus, Mogo is around now to guide them. They don't just go willy-nilly to anyone with a strong will.

Aqain, Alan could be the deal breaker as some of his incarnations are stupid powerful. Other than that... This is Hal + Fodder vs Thanos.

John is a planet buster

mad

LordofBrooklyn
If Alan has the Starheart Thanos dies.

Say Alan has the Starheart!

riv6672
Do you think a fodder lantern can resist Thanos's blasts? Then it will, italization or not.

Glad we agree.
My opinions are just opinions, i try not to pass them off as facts.
I did say you had a good argument.
The sticking point here is you and Stoic are acting as if your opinion is set in stone which it isnt.

Also, Sinestro looks positively Eeevil in that scan!

In my opinion. wink

Bentley

Well, it's not a fact because it can't be a fact given that the characters are from different companies. I guess we shouldn't discuss at all since there aren't any certainties! Let's all go home! Happy Dance

You get the gist, Thanos breaking easily through a fodder Green Lantern is as close as a fact as you can't get if we're talking about inter-company interactions. Do you agree with this?

The sticking point here is you and Stoic are acting as if your opinion is set in stone which it isnt.

I can't talk for Stoic, but my opinion isn't set in stone. And my opinion isn't fact either.

But it isn't as if people where bringing actual points to refute it confused

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by God Cloth Seiya
Hal
John
Guy
Alan
Kilowag
And 7 fodder lanterns

Vs

Thanos

5 real Lanterns and fodder. Thanos will make the team work for it but there are some of the best Lanterns in this team ever, Hal and Alan. With BFR as an option and experience wise they win. Their shields will hold, their maneuverability will allow them to keep their distance and I can see hal doing his Krona buster all over again. Team wins. Thanos best would be a stalemate.

eaebiakuya
How they will BFR Thanos if he can teleport...?

riv6672
Well, it's not a fact because it can't be a fact given that the characters are from different companies. I guess we shouldn't discuss at all since there aren't any certainties! Let's all go home! Happy Dance

You get the gist, Thanos breaking easily through a fodder Green Lantern is as close as a fact as you can't get if we're talking about inter-company interactions. Do you agree with this?

I can't talk for Stoic, but my opinion isn't set in stone. And my opinion isn't fact either.

But it isn't as if people where bringing actual points to refute it confused
I agree that Thanos has has the ability to break through a GL shield under optimum conditions, which these arent.
Not having a name tag isnt an automatic "gimmee" no matter what Nigel Powers may think.
Some of your points are misleading.
You say GLs have no speed feats.
These are space travelers. Speed is an inherent part of that.
A dozen well coordinated characters fast enough to bridge space distances in the attack, in a featureless environment? Huge advantage on their part, IMO.
You say no one's brought up actual points.
DarkSaint posted a scan of someone who actually knows what a GL ring is and how it works not being able to do much at all, even while the villain stood there and watched.

So, yeah, like i said, agree to disagree.

DarkSaint85
Depends where they teleport him to, surely.

Two points, kinda related:

If you teleported me into the Sahara, with a car, just because I know how to drive, does not mean I'm getting out of there for sure. I still need to navigate out, have the fuel, the food etc. An example of this would be Nightcrawler. He is unable to teleport to/from somewhere unknown. So what if they ported Thanos to Apokolips, for example (ignore the destination, any other destination in DC would serve)?

2nd point. We saw that when they shunted Thanos into the Cancerverse, he did NOT teleport back. He needed the CC, and was trying to grab it off Quill. So can Thanos still teleport?

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
How they will BFR Thanos if he can teleport...?

Trap him in another dimension, a black hole or their rings.

eaebiakuya
A interdimensional BFR can work...i didnt know Lanters could do that.

Without his chair Thanos only teleported in the same universe.

Insane Titan
A interdimensional BFR can work...i didnt know Lanters could do that.

Without his chair Thanos only teleported in the same universe. Thanos teleported to the Magus universe/timeline under his own power.

riv6672
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Depends where they teleport him to, surely.

Two points, kinda related:

If you teleported me into the Sahara, with a car, just because I know how to drive, does not mean I'm getting out of there for sure. I still need to navigate out, have the fuel, the food etc. An example of this would be Nightcrawler. He is unable to teleport to/from somewhere unknown. So what if they ported Thanos to Apokolips, for example (ignore the destination, any other destination in DC would serve)?

2nd point. We saw that when they shunted Thanos into the Cancerverse, he did NOT teleport back. He needed the CC, and was trying to grab it off Quill. So can Thanos still teleport?
Excellent analogy on the first point thumb up
Not just Thanos but, sometimes posters really view a character's power set as having no weakness. That isnt the case.

Bentley
I agree that Thanos has has the ability to break through a GL shield under optimum conditions.

Well, we're finally getting somewhere.

Not having a name tag isnt an automatic "gimmee" no matter what Nigel Powers may think.

Rookie GLs are pretty low in the food chain, this has been proved by comics time and time again. Here the nameless GLs are even describen as fodder.

Even if the team managed to beat Thanos, half of those guys would get killed.

Some of your points are misleading.
You say GLs have no speed feats.
These are space travelers. Speed is an inherent part of that.
A dozen well coordinated characters fast enough to bridge space distances in the attack, in a featureless environment? Huge advantage on their part, IMO.

I'd amount those advantages to mobility and not speed. When it comes to space traveling, Thanos has better teleporting abilities than the team. They don't really have that much of an edge when it comes to mobility given that Thanos is ruthless and pretty smart. Also, the team will care and support each other, Thanos is likely to use that weakness to predict how they will react.

I mentioned speed because a distinctive speed advantage such as Flash's or Superman's, it really muddles the results of how a battle would go. It heavily alters both attack and defense. Without such variables, the battle becomes more predictable.

You say no one's brought up actual points.
DarkSaint posted a scan of someone who actually knows what a GL ring is and how it works not being able to do much at all, even while the villain stood there and watched.

So, yeah, like i said, agree to disagree.

As I mentioned early, Thanos doesn't need to use the ring in order to beat the team. But if it was up to him and decided to steal it, his inmense will and psychic powers (enough to read the minds of one of his defeated opponents and quickly grasp how to use the tool?) would be a great asset to master the ring in no time.

riv6672
All i see is a wall of text with a lot of opinions i disagree with for the most part.
We've already circled this at least once.
Not interested in another page of you and i quoting each other when we've already made our points to one another.

DarkSaint85
Willpower on its own is nothing. There's a reason why Blue Lanterns supercharge a GL - you need some semblance of hope. Sinestro showed that a cynical will is next to useless - Arrow was completely drained from it, and it actually hurt him just to force that useless arrow out.

I mean, its not like you NEED to know how to use it. Kyle learnt, and he became one of the greatest GLs on his own. Just because you have willpower, and know how to use it (which, again, isn't all that hard - you just think green thoughts) does not automatically = a master user.

deathslash
Barring Hal, the team has no feats to claim they can dispose of someone as sturdy as Thanos quick enough, and unlike Surfer/Superman/etc. the Lanterns don't have any particular speed edge to brag about.

Other than that... This is Hal + Fodder vs Thanos. John oneshotted Mogo. Guy beat the crap out of Atrocitus.

Rao Kal El
Hal, John, Guy and Kylo defeated Ganthet/Parallax add Alan to the mix and 7 more lanterns, just saying

basilisk
The thing about this team is it's a lot of guys with the same powers. And that power involves a lot of energy attacks that Thanos usually handles pretty well. And while they can travel at speed in space, as others have said they don't have the all-out DC level speedblitz speed that Supes, Flash, WW etc have, or the pure strength..

On average I would give Thanos the majority. But... if some of the Lanterns' better showings are taken into account, and they are really at the top of their game and using their more exotic powers they could possibly tip this their way. I think it would come down to what level Alan is at - he seems to be extremely powerful sometimes.

And BFR to another dimension is a possibility too.

DarkRaiden
Thanos stomps hard. This team is worse than the Annihilators who....Thanos annihilated.

Stoic
I did say you had a good argument.

Also, Sinestro looks positively Eeevil in that scan!

In my opinion. wink

Dude. All I said was yep yep. LOL. Thanos was just hit by a COSMIC CUBE. None of these guys can hit with that amount of power. None. What did Thanos do? He just got back up. If any of these guys got hit multiple times by a Cosmic Cube, they would probably be turned into burger meat. Again all I said was yep yep.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Stoic
Dude. All I said was yep yep. LOL. Thanos was just hit by a COSMIC CUBE. None of these guys can hit with that amount of power. None. What did Thanos do? He just got back up. If any of these guys got hit multiple times by a Cosmic Cube, they would probably be turned into burger meat. Again all I said was yep yep.

John oneshotted Mogo. Not to mention, he has more willpower than the ring can handle.

Krona buster, anyone?

I'm still interested in how much juice that Cosmic Cube had. Is it certain that it healed itself and recharged itself, then?

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Stoic

I disagree. Thanos said that SL can't use it properly so it is very doubtful that those blasts were anywhere near the best a CC can unleash.

Estacado
People act like a CC is on the.level of phuckin green lantern ring.

Bentley
Willpower on its own is nothing. There's a reason why Blue Lanterns supercharge a GL - you need some semblance of hope.

Oh, then I concede, Thanos certainly cannot use it at all. I'd love to have more scans going into depth about this (to mess with PG about how Doom can't use a GL ring at all thumb up )

And regarding the Krona buster, that's why I say Hal + fodder. Hal has a proven record of achieving the impossible Superman style.

DarkSaint85
Oh, then I concede, Thanos certainly cannot use it at all. I'd love to have more scans going into depth about this (to mess with PG about how Doom can't use a GL ring at all thumb up )

And regarding the Krona buster, that's why I say Hal + fodder. Hal has a proven record of achieving the impossible Superman style.

Doom's will is not cynical. Doom's will is like that of a child - innocent and pure.

John is also able to do the impossible - no other Lantern actually overloads their ring with willpower.

Bentley
Doom's will is not cynical. Doom's will is like that of a child - innocent and pure.

Children that skin people off and wear their clothes as armor aren't very innocent eek!

John is also able to do the impossible - no other Lantern actually overloads their ring with willpower.

More like John is able to fail on doing the impossible ahah

cdtm
Team wins.

Only about a half dozen GL's working together managed to hold off the sentient galaxy. And GL's power amp from combining willpower is well documented. Even Guy Gardner using a yellow ring was able to combine his willpower with Broodika, to vastly amp their speed to catch up with a ship that went far faster then light (And even a single GL is fast enough to reach the center of the universe quickly..)

The team working together wins.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Estacado
People act like a CC is on the.level of phuckin green lantern ring.

Depends on who uses it. A GL ring is a GL ring, but in the hands of a rookie it is often nothing but a toy and the rookie and some older GLs only fodder, in the Hands of someone like Hal or Kyle it is something different. The same is true for the CC. Thanos himself stated as much. In Thanos hands it is far more efficient and dangerous than in the hands of a noob like StarLord. Don't you agree?

One-Punch
It was stated on panel the CC still had enough juice to make Quill a god.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by One-Punch

Still he wasn't able to use it properly and it was taking control of him. Thanos said that SL can't use it properly, there is nothing to discuss here, simple. This is not the best blast a CC can unleash, far from it.

Estacado
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Depends on who uses it. A GL ring is a GL ring, but in the hands of a rookie it is often nothing but a toy and the rookie and some older GLs only fodder, in the Hands of someone like Hal or Kyle it is something different. The same is true for the CC. Thanos himself stated as much. In Thanos hands it is far more efficient and dangerous than in the hands of a noob like StarLord. Don't you agree?
Im saying that noob or not a rocket luncher does way more damage than a pistol.

Rocket launcher=CC
Pistol=GL ring

DarkSaint85

You referring to this?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/102593/3957943-22.jpg

Only in the hands of a competent user, sure.

But then, 'god' is a throwaway term. Thor is a god. Only herald level.

One-Punch
Not knowing how to use the CC as well as Thanos doesn't automatically mean it's power output is weak. The fact that one of the blasts did more damage to Thanos then three Black Bolt screams say a lot. Even if we assume the CC is at 1% power or even 0.1% it still has immense power considering what a full CC has done.

Bentley
Not knowing how to use the CC as well as Thanos doesn't automatically mean it's power output is weak. The fact that one of the blasts did more damage to Thanos then three Black Bolt screams say a lot. Even if we assume the CC is at 1% power or even 0.1% it still has immense power considering what a full CC has done.

It's certainly unquantifiable, less than Thanos's durability allows everything from lesser Odin attack to laser guns.

DarkSaint85

Point is, Stoic was making out that he got hit with the full CC, and that what Thanos endured was far beyond what a GL could output/withstand.

When in fact, whilst yes, it was DAMN powerful, and very impressive, it wasn't beyond what these guys could dish out.

After all, if we go down the implicit route....

Hal killed Krona who had six emotional entities within him. they've contained supernovas, one shotted planets, and done so many things between them.

Insane Titan
Wondered how long it would be before a CC and tanking several blast from it became nothing more than a few very weak blasts from just a standard item.

Funny how the ppl lowballing are the ones that complain the most about such things.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Wondered how long it would be before a CC and tanking several blast from it became nothing more than a few very weak blasts from just a standard item.

Funny how the ppl lowballing are the ones that complain the most about such things.

Well, it WAS said to be very weak. I was the one who pointed out it did more damage than BB's screams, so not taking anything away from it.

But it was certainly not at its full potential as seen in other appearances, surely you can admit that?

cdtm
Point is, Stoic was making out that he got hit with the full CC, and that what Thanos endured was far beyond what a GL could output/withstand.

When in fact, whilst yes, it was DAMN powerful, and very impressive, it wasn't beyond what these guys could dish out.

Hal killed Krona who had six emotional entities within him. they've contained supernovas, one shotted planets, and done so many things between them.

Hal KOed zero hour Parallax, who one shot Superman and Spectre, and unmade the universe. smokin'

Insane Titan
Well, it WAS said to be very weak. I was the one who pointed out it did more damage than BB's screams, so not taking anything away from it.

But it was certainly not at its full potential as seen in other appearances, surely you can admit that? it's was said to be not much left it the cube when Kang first gave it to GOTG, but since then it been used a load of times . Looks like that statement has been forgot about.

carver9

thumb up

Also, really Stoic. It was stated that the CC was nearly depleted and you're using that as some type of reference. Then it was stated that Starlord didn't even know how to use the cc. The lengths.

carver9

But it was certainly not at its full potential as seen in other appearances, surely you can admit that?

It didn't do more damage than BB scream since Thanos was bleeding from the BB attack whereas we see no sign of blood when hit by the CC.

One-Punch

Well then the question becomes can the GLs knock Thanos out and bypass his durability before he crushes them? Planet busting blasts and supernovas are really nothing to Thanos considering what he's tanked in the past (e.g., no selling a gas giant explosion, tanking a 2 light-year black hole, point-blank IG explosion, etc.).

The Krona buster is something to look out for, but I doubt Hal goes around throwing stuff like that commonly. Especially since we use averages and Thanos' average durability showings are monstrous.

Bentley
Originally posted by carver9
It didn't do more damage than BB scream since Thanos was bleeding from the BB attack whereas we see no sign of blood when hit by the CC.

Yeah, Blackbolt actually gave Thanos pause, which was an inmense feat for him. I see where you're coming from.

One-Punch
The blood could have easily been vaporizes by the CC blast. We see scars and scuff marks on Thanos face. The blast tore all of Thanos armour including his legs with a blast. It took three screams just to tear off Thanos chest armour.

carver9
The blood could have easily been vaporizes by the CC blast. We see scars and scuff marks on Thanos face. The blast tore all of Thanos armour including his legs with a blast. It took three screams just to tear off Thanos chest armour.

This isn't about clothing and if Thanos had scars from the cc, blood still would have trickled even after the attack. Its obvious Thanos was damaged more from BB attack and clothing doesnt change that. Also, Bran, lets re- discuss if BB was weakened or not because I read new Avengers and it was a tie in to infinity. It never gave us a time on when the terrigen bomb weakened Black Bolt...we just know that it did. I will provide scans.

Thanos sported a different outfit during infinity anyways iirc. Let me relook.

Insane Titan
Wait so blood is now the sign of been hurt?

Because when She Hulk and Thing drew blood from WWH that didn't count and when PG Thor Drew blood from Thanos proving he was more powerful thst didn't count also.

Gotta love double standards.

Bentley
Wait so blood is now the sign of been hurt?

Because when She Hulk and Thing drew blood from WWH that didn't count and when PG Thor Drew blood from Thanos proving he was more powerful thst didn't count also.

Gotta love double standards.

People just hate that Ben Grimm is that strong thumb up

carver9
She Hulk and Thing drawing blood from WWH means they damaged him. If She Hulk punched Hulk and did not draw blood and Thing came behind her and punched Hulk and drew blood, it's pretty freaking obvious which attack was stronger.

Anyways, let me post these scans and see what Bran say...one sec, loading them on my photobucket.

Bentley
Thanks for taking the time to bring evidence Carv thumb up

Insane Titan
Carver stop been a coward you replied to what I said yet say I'm on ignore.

Are you that gutless or don't you like been proven wrong all the time?

Your hypocrite arguments are hilarious.

Prof. T.C McAbe

Rocket launcher=CC
Pistol=GL ring
Very bad anology one of the worst I ever heard on those boards, honestly.
Since Thanos himself said that SL can't use it properly and that he would use it better himself, I go with Thanos and on panel proof.

carver9
Like I've stated before, we have Maximus saying that the Terrigen bomb weakened Black Bolt (from New Avengers #12).

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Screenshot_2014-08-06-17-28-14_zpsd602737e.png.html?o=78

Now we just need to determine when the bomb was active because we already have on panel proof that the Terrigen bomb weaken BB. Well, here we have Maximus arming the bomb.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Screenshot_2014-08-29-13-51-08_zpsb1403e12.png.html

Wait, he could've been arming this device at anytime huh? This probably could've been armed AFTER BB attacked Thanos? Not true. Here is the next panel. We clearly see BB getting up from his chair in preparation of Blasting Thanos.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Screenshot_2014-08-29-13-52-27_zpsf433306d.png.html

So what do we have here so far? We have confirmation from New Avengers that the Terrigen bomb weakens BB to not even half of his power, less than that. Then we have Max arming the bomb BEFORE BB attacked. Let's continue.

Now we just need confirmation on BB connection to the bomb. Why would a bomb weaken him if he's not hit by it or touching it? Doesn't make sense. Well, the reason it weakened him is because BB is the activation mechanism to the bomb. Without his voice, the bomb will never go off. As stated here, BB voice activated the bomb.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Screenshot_2014-08-29-13-53-54_zps64268b9d.png.html

But wait, when was the bomb activated? We don't see the bomb being activated in that scan, so when did it happen? We just see a blast of energy flying from the sky. Well, the bomb was activated during BB scream as shown here.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Screenshot_2014-08-29-14-07-47_zpsa469096b.png.html

We clearly see the bomb lighting up like a Christmas tree when BB screams. To the point that Max turns around and guess what, this happens BEFORE the blast hits Thanos. So what do we have so far. The terrigen bomb weakened BB to a fraction of his power. Why did it weaken him, because BB voice is the activation mechanism of the bomb. When was the bomb armed? Before BB attacked Thanos. When was it activated? Before BB voice hit Thanos. It's deeper than that though. Let's continue. What does the bomb do? We know that it's connected to BB and he is the mechanism that activates it but what else does it do?

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Screenshot_2014-08-29-14-21-13_zps875792af.png.html

The bomb converts SOUND into light. I could be wrong on this part but where is that sound coming from? Where is it drawing that power from? Who's sound is being turned to light? This pretty much explains why BB was weakened from the bomb, it draws power from him but where did it get that power from. Well, that beam of light you see happened after BB first scream and before the 3 WEAKENED blast he hit Thanos with. Ask yourself this question, when BB hit Earth, why was his attacks weaker than the one he used on the moon. I think I know why, because the bomb absorbed his power and converted it to light, etc, etc...as shown per my scan.

Let me guess. There no proof that New Avengers is linked with Infinity. Well, there is. The first page of New Avengers 12, guess what we see...

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Screenshot_2014-08-29-13-29-25_zps1d381ba0.png.html

We see Max looking in the sky at the explosion BB created from his attack on Thanos. There you go buddy. All of the evidence i have and I would love to see a counter. I need to do more research on part of my post though but I will clarify whatever I find but I'm sticking with this.

eaebiakuya
Everyone know BB was weakened after the first attack against Thanos. But the first was a full powered shot.

But seens you write all of this to try to "prove" Skrull BB hited WWH harder than BB (the original) hited Thanos ??? lol

Thanos tanked a much more powerfull attack than WWH.

carver9
Everyone know BB was weakened after the first attack against Thanos. But the first was a full powered shot.

But seens you write all of this to try to "prove" Skrull BB hited WWH harder than BB (the original) hited Thanos ??? lol

Thanos tanked a much more powerfull attack than WWH.

laughing out loud

I just found the proof i needed. War of Kings #5. The Terrigen bomb is POWERED by Blacks Bolt voice.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Screenshot_2014-08-29-15-20-23_zps5690134d.png.html

It got its power from the first scream.

This pretty much seals the deal. So glad I never get rid of my comics.

Thanos didn't feel BB full attack since the bomb absorbed most of it. Hell, it sent waves across the freaking planet so he might didn't feel any of it.

Insane Titan
Omfg WOK terrigan bomb isn't even the same as the bomb fr Infinty.

BB wasn't still weak from WOK by the time Infinty came around

ToughMind
Thanos with ease.

Insane Titan

Thanos tanked a much more powerfull attack than WWH. ignore carver, Bran already proved him wrong about BB's scream.

Carver still ingnore a all the proof just to troll.

carver9
laughing out loud

I just found the proof i needed. War of Kings #5. The Terrigen bomb is POWERED by Blacks Bolt voice.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Screenshot_2014-08-29-15-20-23_zps5690134d.png.html

It got its power from the first scream.

This pretty much seals the deal. So glad I never get rid of my comics.

Thanos didn't feel BB full attack since the bomb absorbed most of it. Hell, it sent waves across the freaking planet so he might didn't feel any of it.

I want to point out that it was stated AGAIN, not once, but twice that the terrigen bomb is POWERED by Black Bolts voice.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Screenshot_2014-08-29-15-37-55_zps7a3923a2.png.html

Black Bolt voice powers the bomb. I provided proof to everyone showing the only time the voice powered the bomb. Here we have 3 more blasts from BB but these attacks took place after the bomb exploded which again means the first scream is the scream that gave the bomb it's power.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Screenshot_2014-08-29-15-43-55_zps6532a8ee.png.html

I'm not posting a three of the blasts but the point is, these screams took place after the bomb went off. It can't get any clearer than this unless you are in denial.

carver9
This is also proof that Black Bolt could have been weakened when he fought Vulcan since he did use the Terrigen bomb moments before facing Vulcan.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Screenshot_2014-08-29-15-51-57_zpscc306863.png.html

Insane Titan
WOK and Infinity stories aren't even related.

Hell the bombs aren't even the same, it was shown on panel and stated BB's TRIGGERED the bomb in infinity.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
5 real Lanterns and fodder. Thanos will make the team work for it but there are some of the best Lanterns in this team ever, Hal and Alan. With BFR as an option and experience wise they win. Their shields will hold, their maneuverability will allow them to keep their distance and I can see hal doing his Krona buster all over again. Team wins. Thanos best would be a stalemate.

The Shield would never hold... Quasar shields have better feats than GL's and it didn't hold Thanos... Thor.. Hulk.. Drax and a host of others were pounding on the shield to no affect. Thanos ONT SHOT it with ease. Their shielding won't hold

Deadline

took Black Bolt's scream to the face list goes on and on.

Scream or whisper?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Hal, John, Guy and Kylo defeated Ganthet/Parallax add Alan to the mix and 7 more lanterns, just saying

Do you try and be dumb with this post or are you serious? You do know all the low feats they have... Thanos' doesn't have the lows they have. Most of these guys would be literally 1 or 2 shot at the most 3

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Do you try and be dumb with this post or are you serious? You do know all the low feats they have... Thanos' doesn't have the lows they have. Most of these guys would be literally 1 or 2 shot at the most 3

No more than you, trying to bring gl low feats vs thanos high, quanuver anyone?

Philosophía
People act like a CC is on the.level of phuckin green lantern ring. The CC blasts weren't even on the level of Nova blasts, or Drax fists, which actually managed to hurt him. It was only later that Quill got a hold of the power - and Thanos was shitting himself, thinking Quill will kill them all.

With that in mind, considering the blasts Thanos tanked didn't hurt him , it's safe to say those blasts actually were inferior to the Green Lantern ring attacks. Very safe, actually.

Rocket launcher=CC
Pistol=GL ring That's a terrible analogy.

Prof. T.C McAbe
The Shield would never hold... Quasar shields have better feats than GL's and it didn't hold Thanos... Thor.. Hulk.. Drax and a host of others were pounding on the shield to no affect. Thanos ONT SHOT it with ease. Their shielding won't hold

Kyle holding a BigBang blast with his shields.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/69316/1399652-supermanv2173pg14.jpg

deathslash
Do you try and be dumb with this post or are you serious? You do know all the low feats they have... Thanos' doesn't have the lows they have. Most of these guys would be literally 1 or 2 shot at the most 3 squirrel girl would beg to differ with the thought that thanos doesn't have low showings.

riv6672
Hmmm.
Typical Thanos thread. His fans no selling every argument for him losing, which makes their own valid points just seem petty.

Glad i hot in early. And now i'm out.

Insane Titan
Hmmm.
Typical Thanos thread. His haters no selling every argument and feat which makes their own valid points just seem petty

abhilegend
Current Kyle solos. He just killed a sentient planet who was Mogo's brother rather casually and the writer said it wasn't even a fraction of his powers.

basilisk
I'm undecided on the power of those CC blasts. Thanos stated SL didn't know how to use it so the effectiveness was probably limited, and also it was suggested that Thanos didn't really understand how to use the cube properly either but can still use it better than SL. So SL is a low-end user.

It actually seemed like some of those attacks from Drax and Nova hurt Thanos more than the blasts (maybe because they were more physical rather than just energy). It almost looked like Thanos took longer to get up from a couple of those hits than it did from the CC blasts which removed his clothing - and those blasts came afterwards so cumulative damage from earlier in the fight doesn't explain Nova & Drax's effectiveness. All in all Drax & Nova did pretty well against Thanos.

Even so, the Lanterns are in for a tough time here. Again, it depends a lot on the levels - if Alan is at his best, or the Lanterns start busting out big-bang containing force fields or Krona-blasts then Thanos is probably going down. But on average I think Thanos can get the majority unless they BFR.

carver9
Originally posted by basilisk
I'm undecided on the power of those CC blasts. Thanos stated SL didn't know how to use it so the effectiveness was probably limited, and also it was suggested that Thanos didn't really understand how to use the cube properly either but can still use it better than SL. So SL is a low-end user.

It actually seemed like some of those attacks from Drax and Nova hurt Thanos more than the blasts (maybe because they were more physical rather than just energy). It almost looked like Thanos took longer to get up from a couple of those hits than it did from the CC blasts which removed his clothing - and those blasts came afterwards so cumulative damage from earlier in the fight doesn't explain Nova & Drax's effectiveness. All in all Drax & Nova did pretty well against Thanos.

Even so, the Lanterns are in for a tough time here. Again, it depends a lot on the levels - if Alan is at his best, or the Lanterns start busting out big-bang containing force fields or Krona-blasts then Thanos is probably going down. But on average I think Thanos can get the majority unless they BFR.

thumb up

The first blast Starlord hit Thanos with, he smiled at it and of course we know why he giggled, because as he mentioned, Star didn't know how to use it. Nova and Drax did some damage.

Insane Titan
He stopped Novas first blast with one hand like it was nothing , geuss we ignore Nova and Drax's attacks only had a effect after Thanos tanked several CC blasts eh Carver troll.

basilisk
He stopped Novas first blast with one hand like it was nothing , geuss we ignore Nova and Drax's attacks only had a effect after Thanos tanked several CC blasts eh Carver troll. On the other hand Thanos looked stunned after the Drax / Nova combo attacks. But the big CC blast that hit him afterwards didn't do much more than ruin his clothes.

carver9
On the other hand Thanos looked stunned after the Drax / Nova combo attacks. But the big CC blast that hit him afterwards didn't do much more than ruin his clothes.

thumb up

Also, I don't know why that guy keeps bringing me up in his posts. YOU ARE ON IGNORE INSANE. The only reason, ONLY reason I can see your post is due to people quoting you. Stop mentioning me in your posts.

Insane Titan
On the other hand Thanos looked stunned after the Drax / Nova combo attacks. But the big CC blast that hit him afterwards didn't do much more than ruin his clothes. he didn't look STUNNED by any of them all the attacks did was knock him back.

But it's a fact Novas first attack before the CC had no effect, Thanos casually blocked it with one hand.

Carver stop lying , you post in relation to what I say and threads I make all the time.

Insane Titan
thumb up

Also, I don't know why that guy keeps bringing me up in his posts. YOU ARE ON IGNORE INSANE. The only reason, ONLY reason I can see your post is due to people quoting you. Stop mentioning me in your posts. stop lying and read above post.

basilisk
he didn't look STUNNED by any of them all the attacks did was knock him back. I was referring to the panels where he is blasted in the head, and the next panel just shows Thanos laying in a heap of smoking rubble. Nova and SL converse for the next two panels and then in the next panel Thanos is only just raising his head and still not on his feet or talking. He was briefly stunned (and that's not the same as a KO).

Whereas the CC blast after that didn't do that much except to his clothes.

Insane Titan
I was referring to the panels where he is blasted in the head, and the next panel just shows Thanos laying in a heap of smoking rubble. Nova and SL converse for the next two panels and then in the next panel Thanos is only just raising his head and still not on his feet or talking. He was briefly stunned (and that's not the same as a KO).

Whereas the CC blast after that didn't do that much except to his clothes. he wasn't even Briefly stunned , he knocked Drax away after a Drax had a few punches. All nova did was fly him into some rubble and blast him speak to Quill very briefly than you see Thanos about to get up when them cancerverse things attack.

If any of the attacks caused the most pain it was the omni CC Blast.

I also notice you ignore the part about Novas first attack having no effect any Thanos casually blocking it with one hand

basilisk
he wasn't even Briefly stunned , he knocked Drax away after a Drax had a few punches.That was before Thanos went down. And Drax hurt him and drew blood and was fine after Thanos hit him.

All nova did was fly him into some rubble and blast him speak to Quill very briefly than you see Thanos about to get up when them cancerverse things attack. That's why I said BRIEFLY stunned (note, not KO'd). And that wasn't quite what happened. Thanos was back up after Nova flew into him: Thanos punched Nova hard in the head at the same time as Nova blasted Thanos in the face. Thanos was down for a few panels while Nova was still standing - which is pretty impressive for Nova.

Originally posted by Insane Titan If any of the attacks caused the most pain it was the omni CC Blast.

I also notice you ignore the part about Novas first attack having no effect any Thanos casually blocking it with one hand That's because I was talking about a scene that happened after that. All I'm saying is that even though it hurt him, Thanos wasn't downed by the omni blast and kept talking. Whereas with the Nova blast before that he was downed and silenced briefly.

Anyway, if you want to disagree that's fine. I don't really want derail the Lantern thread any more.

Insane Titan
That was before Thanos went down. And Drax hurt him and drew blood and was fine after Thanos hit him.

That's why I said BRIEFLY stunned (note, not KO'd). And that wasn't quite what happened. Thanos was back up after Nova flew into him: Thanos punched Nova hard in the head at the same time as Nova blasted Thanos in the face. Thanos was down for a few panels while Nova was still standing - which is pretty impressive for Nova.

That's because I was talking about a scene that happened after that. All I'm saying is that even though it hurt him, Thanos wasn't downed by the omni blast and kept talking. Whereas with the Nova blast before that he was downed and silenced briefly.

Anyway, if you want to disagree that's fine. I don't really want derail the Lantern thread any more. thus nothing had In His arsenal had any effect untill after he tanked several CC blasts.

He was down for 2 very short panels but wasn't hurt.

Thanos was sent backwards by the blast and have the loudest yelp of pain he did from any attack when the omni blasts hit him

Bentley
Originally posted by abhilegend
Current Kyle solos. He just killed a sentient planet who was Mogo's brother rather casually and the writer said it wasn't even a fraction of his powers.

Read the op facepalm

quanchi112
Read the op facepalm laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.