Flash vs Thanos [CIS off]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

janus77
no bfr, no PIS/CIS and no prep.
Happy Dance

DARTH POWER
You son of a .....

riv6672
Ground floor on yet another Thanos thread. Woo hoo.

Speed kills. Flash wins.

DarkSaint85
Lol.

Star428
LOL. Thanos kills him. He's smart enough to find some way to tag him wether with his fists or one of his energy based attacks and one hit is all he needs. I seriously doubt Flash can even hurt Thanos if his shields are up (which they should be automatically in a no CIS/PIS fight). Just a matter of time before Flash is dead meat.

burrrrrr
This thread is almost criminal.

riv6672
Lol, thats a lot of supposition based on...? I wont say bias.
Flash'd be inside Thanos' shields faster than automatically, if he even had them up at all. After that he'd have, relatively speaking, all the time in the world to take Thanos out.

ToughMind
Thanos' tech can easily negate a speedster's speed.

Plus he can react to faster opponents with ease.

Thanos wins.

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

golem370
Flash hits him at lightspeed knocking himself out.

Prof. T.C McAbe
CIS off, Thanos won't be able to do anything. With the IMP, well I can see him winning.

golem370
He won't have to he will k.o Flash without touching him.

riv6672
Haha Thanos wouldnt even know the fight had started. laughing out loud

golem370
Or ended with a win

Board Walker
Flash wins the fight by accelerating beyond light speed, and hitting Thanos with an infinite number of IMPS.

OR

Flash steals all of Thanos Kinetic Energy, and makes Thanos into a statue.

golem370
Flash knocks himself out.

quanchi112
Shields, intelligence, tactics, battle savvy. Thanos wins, easily.

golem370
Originally posted by quanchi112

And the durability to withstand skyfather level attacks.

playa1258
Thanos via mind-rape.

h1a8
Shields, intelligence, tactics, battle savvy. Thanos wins, easily. Thanos won't get a chance to do anything.
And if Flash speed steals it is a higher spite.

h1a8
Originally posted by playa1258
Thanos via mind-rape. He can't mind rape if he is stunned and being rocked or his speed is stolen.

h1a8
Originally posted by golem370
And the durability to withstand skyfather level attacks.

Energy durability isn't the same as blunt force durability. Thanos never no sold a herald's blunt force attack. Also, I argue that Odin's blasting power was far below his best.

DTM
Im not a fan of Uber Thanos beating anyone and everyone here, and Im fine to vote against him when I think he deserves to lose, but Im casting my vote his way here, as I dont see Flash having what it takes to beat him alone.

Zack Fair
Fight starts. Flash steals his speed. Thanos stands there like a statue for what seems like an eternity to Flash.

Stalemate.

Flash does the same as above, but this time dumps him in the speed force.

Flash wins.

DarkSaint85
Speed steals, speed force constructs like a GL, a billion IMPs, explosive vibrations, brain chemistry alterations, light speed healing.....all whilst strategising within nanoseconds.

Or he could drop the multiverse on him.

riv6672
All the pro Thanos posts boil down to this.

AND the belief he'd be facing a Flash behaving in a PIS/CIS capacity.

The OP says different.

A full potential Flash is, simply, too much for Thanos.

What is the smallest increment of time? Planck time? As soon as this battle has progressed that far, Flash can and will be able to curb stomp Thanos a million times.
If he's lazy.

Anyone who claims otherwise is delusional.

krisblaze
Tough call, really.

Knee-jerk is Flash just absorbs all of his speed and hammers him with IMP.

But I don't think one IMP could take him, he'd need many hits, and with CIS off I don't see why Thanos wouldn't spam AOE abilities.

Correct me if I'm wrong on this one, but I never see Flash outrun Grodd's telepathic attacks once they're actually 'launched'. Thanos has the shields/durability to take several IMPS and can just blanket the field in a TP wave.

riv6672
Again, this wont be the case with a CIS/PIS-less Flash.

DarkSaint85
But what about the speed steal?

krisblaze
I don't know about speed-stealing.

They fight in a neutral setting, so I don't see why Thanos would be connected to the speed-force, he's from Marvel.

Kinetic energy absorption? He can't override Thanos' energy control.
Originally posted by riv6672
Again, this wont be the case with a CIS/PIS-less Flash.
We don't know how many IMPs he can fire off.

The incident vs Zum had him running and building up energy.

Obviously the Flash doesn't need to actually build up speed in order to hit lightspeed, but I still don't see him firing off a million IMPS before Thanos can do anything. Flash stated that he could hit Zum more than once, but I don't see how that equates to an endless number of attacks before Thanos reacts.

With PIS off, Thanos should still have somewhere around lightspeed reaction time.

DarkSaint85
That's like saying Flash isn't from Marvel, so telepathy doesn't work on him....

He overrode Amazo, who had Flash level control over the Speed Force.

How many IMPs do you think he can hit Thanos with? Five, ten, twenty, fifty?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by krisblaze
The incident vs Zum had him running and building up energy.

Obviously the Flash doesn't need to actually build up speed in order to hit lightspeed, but I still don't see him firing off a million IMPS before Thanos can do anything. Flash stated that he could hit Zum more than once, but I don't see how that equates to an endless number of attacks before Thanos reacts.

With PIS off, Thanos should still have somewhere around lightspeed reaction time.

Zum had around lightspeed reactions, if we give White Martians equal power levels (like we give average Kryptonians power levels). He may even be faster, given that he was chosen to be the team's speedster.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111150557/3729527-3271679-1894770809-32268.jpg

Wally said he could hit such a speedster a thousand times before he could even blink.

krisblaze
The White Martians roles in the team had nothing to do with their abilities.

Some of them had abilities that would rank below ordinary white martians. There's no reason to speculate that Zum was faster than displayed.

That's just Morrison trying to show off with lightspeed relativity. By that logic the first person to hit lightspeed in a fight would be have an infinite amount of attacks against the other person. It has nothing to do with the Flash being that fast, but rather lightspeed-speed being portrayed that way.
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
That's like saying Flash isn't from Marvel, so telepathy doesn't work on him....

He overrode Amazo, who had Flash level control over the Speed Force.

How many IMPs do you think he can hit Thanos with? Five, ten, twenty, fifty?
I disagree.

It would be like saying that Surfer couldn't cut a DC character off from their star powers by power cosmic shenanigans. Or that Marvel Zeus could deny DC Thor access to the lightning. Or that the Gamesmaster wouldn't be connected to every DC individual.

Flash still has his abilities, but Thanos wouldn't have weaknesses that are inherent to DC characters.

Thanos does not rely on the speed-force for his speed.

Okay. That still doesn't warrant better control than Thanos.

How many? I don't know. Maybe enough, maybe not.

DarkSaint85

They fight in a neutral setting, so I don't see why Thanos would be connected to the speed-force, he's from Marvel.

The guillotine blade isn't connected to the speed force per se, he still speedsteals:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/145371/2950485-speedstealdistance.jpg

Anything that has kinetic energy, he can take it's speed. It's like saying Iceman wouldn't be able to control moisture when in a neutral setting, or Pyro wouldn't be able to control fire, or Magneto etc etc.

krisblaze
I already mentioned this in my first post, and you already addressed it.

I'm well aware that Flash has several ways to steal someone's speed.

I don't know about speed-stealing.

Kinetic energy absorption? He can't override Thanos' energy control.

DarkSaint85
Thanos has battle tactics?

Wally: I just used up a whole nanosecondrunning through every possible simulation.....I just ran through ANOTHER billion outcomes...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/145371/2950437-4120458251-0uuoZ.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/145371/2950438-6961037858-6otUC.jpg

DarkSaint85
I already mentioned this in my first post, and you already addressed it.

I'm well aware that Flash has several ways to steal someone's speed.

Fair enough. I see your point, and I understand where you're coming from.

Its just that I guess I interpret the rules about a neutral battlefield differently:

Emphasis mine.

DarkSaint85

Correct me if I'm wrong on this one, but I never see Flash outrun Grodd's telepathic attacks once they're actually 'launched'. Thanos has the shields/durability to take several IMPS and can just blanket the field in a TP wave.

Flash Is faster than thought, however:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/2/27470/2374660-faster_than_thought_plan1.jpg

riv6672
Not picking on Krisblaze, but a lot of your arguments are just supposition that favor Thanos.
While that obviously works both ways, pro Flash supposition is supported by his actual feats/full potential. Pro Thanos still seems predicated on him fighting, with no prior warning, at a level he simply is not normally shown to. He's not a speedster.
(DarkSaint's rules quote: characters fight as they are normally presented)
Just because he's fighting one doesnt mean he's going to be in some sort of speedster mind set. As an example there was a thread here pitting Pym and Superman, no prep. Poster A said Pym goes subatomic to attack. Poster B says Superman can see subatomic objects.
Well yes, but he doesnt go around doing that all the time. Poster B just arbitrarily turned that ability on to favor Superman because he faced a size shifter. Same here.
By the time Thanos realized he faced the kind of speed Flash has, Flash, who IS a speedster would have had the opportunity to attack. In the millions.

No matter how many pages of denial this thread may get to, Thanos is not in a position to get the win here.

krisblaze
^If you don't know what CIS off means, read up on the rules.

I'll elaborate:

They get basic knowledge of the opposition.

CIS off means they're doing anything to win, even if it's out of character.

Obviously Thanos knows that he's fighting against a speedster, and obviously he'll use tactics that go well against speedsters...

Insane Titan
^If you don't know what CIS off means, read up on the rules. thumb up Riv just goes around complaining about posters debating for Thanos in Thanos threads like it's something not to be done lol

DarkSaint85

I'll elaborate:

Obviously Thanos knows that he's fighting against a speedster, and obviously he'll use tactics that go well against speedsters...

CIS still means in character, I thought.

tkitna
When is the last time Flash beat a character of Thanos' ilk by himself? Has he ever?

riv6672

I'll elaborate:

Originally posted by janus77
no prep.
Dancing Banana

^If you dont know what no prep means, read the OP.

They dont get basic knowledge of the opposition. And even if you argue that they do, and the no prep simply means they're blinking into a featureless environment with no warning, this is still Flash's fight.

I'll elaborate:

That means Flash isnt going to spend precious time, which is his stock in trade, standing still.
Allowing for basic knowledge (which i believe no prep trumps, but someone else can weigh in on that) and simply no warning on going from one environment to another, Flash is going to deal with the situation much faster than Thanos.

Even the weakest modern day version of the Flash (wally West/speed of sound) unconsciously shifted to speed mode at a change in his environment. He was at a movie where a man walked in and sprayed the crowd with a machine gun. To Wally time stood still. In the time it took for a frame of film to move on the screen and Wally to figure out what he'd done, and what had BEEN done, he was able to get up and find all the bullets, then disarm the shooter.

Relate that to a lightspeed capable Flash, WITH prior knowledge and no PIS/CIS. Thats an even quicker loss for Thanos than no knowledge, albiet by such a small measurement of time as to not matter here.

Unless you want to argue that Thanos is a better speedster than Flash, and will be able to process and react to a no warning change in environment, devise and execute a plan of attack, before Flash could.

Thats taking an already iffy "should have light speed reaction time" supposition to the seen in every Thanos thread "lets pull something out of our hats to not concede a loss" zone, to a more ridiculous level than usual.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by tkitna
When is the last time Flash beat a character of Thanos' ilk by himself? Has he ever?

Does the Anti-Monitor count?

True, he wasn't alone (as you can see from all the other characters) but he did the most damage:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_super/11113/111130781/3768374-3987901474-37071.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_super/11113/111130781/3768376-7126189305-37071.jpg

Philosophía
That's going into overkill territory.

I mean surely nobody would argue against that portrayal of Wally shitstomping Thanos?

tkitna
Nice feat, but I don't know the context of the story. Anti Monitor is already on his ass (don't know if that means anything though) and Flash just busts holes in him like a bullet from a gun? Why did that fight take more than a panel if Flash could do that?

DarkSaint85
Nice feat, but I don't know the context of the story. Anti Monitor is already on his ass (don't know if that means anything though) and Flash just busts holes in him like a bullet from a gun? Why did that fight take more than a panel if Flash could do that?

Context: it was just like in COIE (with Barry), so Dr Light had weakened him using antimatter. I will try not to mislead.

However, AM WAS more powerful than his COIE version (as noted by Wally), FWIW.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Galan007
Eh, yes Flash may have busted up AM's shell, but before that happened a few key plot points transpired, and should be noted.

1.) AM had been noticeably depowered via Dr. Light absorbing energy from a nearby anti-matter star, and using said energies to weaken AM:

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1218399_am1.jpg

----

2.) The cumulative efforts of the other heroes present then blew a hole in AM, and downed him:

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1218400_am2.jpg http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1218401_am3.jpg http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1218418_am4.jpg

Granted, Flash lended them his speed, so they could catch a second wind - but it was still their own powers which further weakened and already depowered AM.

----

3.) Only then, (when AM was obviously quite weak,) did Flash destroy his shell:

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1218419_am5.jpg http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1218420_am6.jpg http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1218421_am7.jpg http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1218422_am8.jpg

But as you can see, the very next panel after having his shell busted, AM was already back up in his energy form. He then vaporized the heroes present, with a single blast. In short, Flash's attack did nothing at all in the long run.

The only reason I brought up these points is to prevent some random fanboy from saying "FLASH WTF PWNZERZ AM!!11!"

tkitna
I need to refresh myself on Anti Monitor when I have the gumption to go through boxes of comics to find Crisis. Its been years since I've read it. Cool feat though.

krisblaze
Riv needs to read up on the KMC rules.

Apparently the combatants don't get basic knowledge anymore dur

quanchi112
All the pro Thanos posts boil down to this.

AND the belief he'd be facing a Flash behaving in a PIS/CIS capacity.

The OP says different.

A full potential Flash is, simply, too much for Thanos.

What is the smallest increment of time? Planck time? As soon as this battle has progressed that far, Flash can and will be able to curb stomp Thanos a million times.
If he's lazy.

Anyone who claims otherwise is delusional. You are quite the fool. How dad you ever presume to know the thought process of myself or presume to have it all figured out. I base my opinion off evidence and portrayals.

Thanos has feats that easily prove he can react to the Flash as well as erect shields and counter the speed he brings to the table.

Now dare cross me again and fell my full wrath, vagabond.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Does the Anti-Monitor count?

True, he wasn't alone (as you can see from all the other characters) but he did the most damage:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_super/11113/111130781/3768374-3987901474-37071.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_super/11113/111130781/3768376-7126189305-37071.jpg

Oh wow, Thanos is done after this. Maybe CISless scenarios against characters with speed are pointless and should be avoided.

riv6672
Riv needs to read up on the KMC rules.

Apparently the combatants don't get basic knowledge anymore dur
So the fact that i showed Flash can beat Thanos WITH basic knowledge slipped right past you...dur

Its okay.
I already know Thanos fanboys'll never concede an obvious loss.
I come into these threads to see if he can actually win, which is fine, and if not, then point out why.
After that its just me amusing myself at the fanboys' expense, seeing how many half wit arguments, denials, personal attacks and selective feat acknowledgements they'll use to justify absurd conclusions.

And you sir, have provided no end of guffaws. smile

riv6672
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Oh wow, Thanos is done after this. Maybe CISless scenarios against characters with speed are pointless and should be avoided.
Nice reality check you've donated to the MB...thumb up

quanchi112
Nice reality check you've donated to the MB...thumb up My conclusion is based off of Thanos feats which are more than adequate for the task at hand.

Zack Fair
LoL at this point we could have scans of Flash owning Thanos with every move in his arsenal in a canon comic that explicitly says Thanos has no way to react and/or defend himself and people would still be in denial.

DarkSaint owned the thread.

golem370
Flash knocks himself out

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Oh wow, Thanos is done after this. Maybe CISless scenarios against characters with speed are pointless and should be avoided. Yeah they should be avoided at all costs.

It's not a fight if your opponent can do a thousand things before you can even process a thought. It just isn't.

Estacado
Thanos blasts his knee with a shotgun.uhuh

golem370
turns Flash to stone

tkitna
Does Anti Monitor have shields? Just asking.

DarkSaint85
Not that I know of. Someone who's more au fait with him can say.

I still think speed steals a valid tactic. Sure, Thanos has quick reactions, I'm not lowballing, and sure, he has control over his molecules.....but at this point, asking if Flash has done it to someone like Thanos is like me asking if anyone like Flash has attempted to steal his kinetic energy.

I just want to point out though, with Amazo, Amazo was fast enough to blitz Flash, AND was stacking powers. And Flash still managed to out react him, and steal his speed.

Again, I'm not making out that Thanos is like Rhino or Juggernaut level in speed, just because he is pictured as a massive bulky character. My point is that someone who was fast enough to keep up and best Flash, was still unable to react to an instantaneous speed steal.

So even if Thanos has all this control over his molecules, he still needs time to react to it. Which he wouldn't get.

Zack Fair
Yeah. Chars will have access to their full abilities. Isn't that one of the rules?

BTW Didn't Wally state he could steal Superman's speed?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Yeah. Chars will have access to their full abilities. Isn't that one of the rules?

BTW Didn't Wally state he could steal Superman's speed?

Yup, and didn't want to because it would be like throwing himout of aspeeding car.

Jay did it to Supes though, and stated that he wasn't as good as Wally.

Stoic
I think that the best question here is... Does speed trump all? Even if Wally, Jay or Bart... etc were to be too fast, would they be able to hurt Thanos to the point of a KO? can the Flash beat Darkseid by himself? If so why have any other member of the JL on the team? Flash would be a one man gang if he could take most threats out there all by himself. I'm not knocking the Flash, he's a very good character, and I can't wait for the show to air, but honestly, he hardly ever fights to the level suggested by some in this thread. No offense BTW.

DarkSaint85
Even though I'm the only one to have posted scans showing he fights to that level sad

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Stoic
I think that the best question here is... Does speed trump all? Even if Wally, Jay or Bart... etc were to be too fast, would they be able to hurt Thanos to the point of a KO? cant the Flash beat Darkseid by himself? If so why have any other member of the JL on the team? Flash would be a one man gang if he could take most threats out there all by himself. I'm not knocking the Flash, he's a very good character, and I can't wait for the show to air, but honestly, he hardly ever fights to the level suggested by some in this thread. No offense BTW. Can the flash beat DS by himself? If he were to operate at his best and use all the shit he has been shown to be capable of doing without PIS/CIS? You bet your ass he would beat DS. Problem is it doesn't sell comics. It is quite simple IMHO. And the Flash in this thread is not fighting IC. He has CIS off. He will get general knowledge of how dangerous and powerful Thanos is. He will use his bag of tricks.

Stoic
Even though I'm the only one to have posted scans showing he fights to that level sad

I said no offense brother. So don't take offense you wanker. mad big grin

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Stoic
I said no offense brother. So don't take offense you wanker. mad big grin

Phuck you for questioning my viewpoints. And for not agreeing blindly to my arguments.

Zack Fair
LOL

Stoic
Phuck you for questioning my viewpoints. And for not agreeing blindly to my arguments.

I kind of do agree with you, but I just don't know why the Flash doesn't usually fight people the way that forum Flash does. I mean there is the money thing, but still, he would still be shown as the most powerful Hero on DC Earth. Nu DC Cheetah is a prime example. I can't see her as being more than just a joke to Thanos. I guess my mind has a tough time losing the comparative thinking thing.

DarkSaint85
Its because speed and intelligence are two extremely difficult things to opull off in a comic book battle, IMO. Hence the opposite problem,that of comic Batman and Reed winning with prep but dforum Bats and Reed don't.

janus77
hmm, this thread's ticking along nicely.

Can "auto-shields" react faster than Flash and does Flash have the strength to hurt Thanos?

DarkSaint85
Thought you didn't allow prep, OP?

janus77
No prep means no pre-planned counter-measures or devices. No tech that isn't part of the character's regular kit.

Thanos gets basic knowledge of Flash but he has no prep to build defences/counter-measures of any kind.

SpeedForce dumping counts as a draw as it would be BFR, in effect.

DarkSaint85
But also no auto shields etc..no defensive abilities, IOW.

janus77
But also no auto shields etc..no defensive abilities, IOW.
Thanos has auto-shields as part of his regular kit. We've seen it deployed on occasion.

The questions, for me are: a) could it activate before Flash can hit Thanos (imo, no), b) would it be able to keep Flash out, c) would Flash be able to hurt Thanos if he could get through and d) does Thanos have a counter for Flash's obvious speed advantage?

h1a8

I'll elaborate:

How would he even get an opportunity to use a single tactic? Flash can hit with a superman level punch before any neuron fires in his brain. Flash can steal his speed before any neuron fires in his brain. Flash can vibrate intangible and phase through any physical attack. Flash can bfr Thanos into the speed force.

riv6672
My conclusion is based off of Thanos feats which are more than adequate for the task at hand.
That wasnt directed at you, but okay. stick out tongue

Does Anti Monitor have shields? Just asking.
Not sure.
I do know Thanos doesnt have a shell and an energy form. wink

Board Walker
Flash's absolute mastery of kinetic energy gives him the win over anything that isn't abstract level. Kinetic energy is involved in EVERYTHING, Flash could simply cause all kinetic energy within the molecules of Thanos to cease. This would in effect cause Thanos to fall apart molecule by molecule, and there would be nothing Thanos could do since he wouldn't even be able to perceive the speed it is happening at.

krisblaze
^You're so far off reality.
So the fact that i showed Flash can beat Thanos WITH basic knowledge slipped right past you...dur

Its okay.
I already know Thanos fanboys'll never concede an obvious loss.
I come into these threads to see if he can actually win, which is fine, and if not, then point out why.
After that its just me amusing myself at the fanboys' expense, seeing how many half wit arguments, denials, personal attacks and selective feat acknowledgements they'll use to justify absurd conclusions.

And you sir, have provided no end of guffaws. smile
You must have me confused with your friends from the streets, tough talk won't get under my skin.

In my very first post I said that my knee-jerk reaction was that Flash is too much, but theorized that Thanos could stand a chance. Him standing a chance relied on a few unknowns, like whether or not Flash can trump his energy-control, how many hits Thanos can take and how many Flash can dish out.

This hardly makes me a Thanos fanboy.

The only one who's been dishing out personal attacks here, is you.
^If you dont know what no prep means, read the OP.

They dont get basic knowledge of the opposition. And even if you argue that they do, and the no prep simply means they're blinking into a featureless environment with no warning, this is still Flash's fight.
You're not well acquainted with the rules, but you're telling me to read up on 'no prep'. Read the rules, go wild. I'll highlight the important bit here.

Thanos and Flash get basic knowledge. 'No prep' does not mean 'no basic knowledge'. Those are separate parts of the KMC battle stipulations.

h1a8

You must have me confused with your friends from the streets, tough talk won't get under my skin.

In my very first post I said that my knee-jerk reaction was that Flash is too much, but theorized that Thanos could stand a chance. Him standing a chance relied on a few unknowns, like whether or not Flash can trump his energy-control, how many hits Thanos can take and how many Flash can dish out.

This hardly makes me a Thanos fanboy.

The only one who's been dishing out personal attacks here, is you.

You're not well acquainted with the rules, but you're telling me to read up on 'no prep'. Read the rules, go wild. I'll highlight the important bit here.

Thanos and Flash get basic knowledge. 'No prep' does not mean 'no basic knowledge'. Those are separate parts of the KMC battle stipulations. Basic knowledge is what the characters get, but what good will that do Thanos who is not able to make an action once the bell starts?

krisblaze
Originally posted by h1a8
Basic knowledge is what the characters get, but what good will that do Thanos who is not able to make an action once the bell starts?
That's the thing isn't it smile

But if he is able to move, then his tactics would certainly be tailored to fighting a speedster, which is what Riv disputed.

His scenario is two fighters being teleported into a featureless arena with the knowledge that they're to fight, and nothing else.

God Cloth Seiya
Flash

riv6672

Heh.
So, because i'm black i'm from the streets, you racist?

And you consider my goofing around in my posts tough talk? You must live in a hardcore suburb, yo.

Jynocidus
Originally posted by Estacado
Thanos blasts his knee with a shotgun.uhuh

laughing

krisblaze
Heh.

And you consider my goofing around in my posts tough talk? You must live in a hardcore suburb, yo.
You're black? What do I care.

You missed the argument btw.

riv6672
You cared enough to make a racial comment towards me.

I'm not in the habit of arguing with racists on MBs, just reporting them.

Zack Fair
http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/rip_thread.jpg

krisblaze
I don't know what MB means.

I'm not sure what's offended you so either but regardless of what colour your skin is, it must be very thin smile

riv6672
Haha!

janus77
This thread is like Mr. Immortal or a better Bob Reynolds.

So, who wins? What are the views? Is Flash able to take out Thanos? Does Thanos have a shot at getting a hit on Flash?

h1a8
That's the thing isn't it smile

But if he is able to move, then his tactics would certainly be tailored to fighting a speedster, which is what Riv disputed.

His scenario is two fighters being teleported into a featureless arena with the knowledge that they're to fight, and nothing else.

He won't be allowed to move at all. Even if he was allowed then what tactic Thanos WOULD do here that would be effective?

riv6672
A better Bob Reynolds? Is there such a thing?

DARTH POWER

True say.

krisblaze
Originally posted by h1a8
He won't be allowed to move at all. Even if he was allowed then what tactic Thanos WOULD do here that would be effective?
Can't you just read what I've already posted? stick out tongue

This is literally what we've been discussing the entire thread.

Other than Riv's victim complex.

Trocity
regardless of what colour your skin is, it must be very thin smile

Cold as ice

iceman24567
Heh.

And you consider my goofing around in my posts tough talk? You must live in a hardcore suburb, yo. Fail thumb down

riv6672
Ha, well i still say my blond blue eyed choice wins this. stick out tongue

Insane Titan
Using the race card thumb down

DarkRaiden
Thanos easily wins via AoE attacks and telepathy. Also cause Flash can't hurt him really.

Speed steal won't happen because great energy manipulators have failed to manipulate Thanos's energy. It's unlikely Flash can.

Board Walker
Flash has mastery of all kinetic energy, it would over ride Thanos inferior mastery of it.

Thanos can be master of his molecules all he wants, he isn't able to manipulate kinetic energy. Furthermore, Flash can kill Thanos with a million IMPs to the face in less than a picto second. Thor has made thanos bleed with a mjolnir to the face, Flash is hitting infinitely harder, and far more in number.

Zack Fair
Flash won't be killing Thanos.

h1a8
Originally posted by DarkRaiden
Thanos easily wins via AoE attacks and telepathy. Also cause Flash can't hurt him really.

Speed steal won't happen because great energy manipulators have failed to manipulate Thanos's energy. It's unlikely Flash can. It's kinetic energy, not cosmic energy and yes it will work.

Flash can hit harder than Superman if he wanted to. Ever heard of the IMP? So how come Flash can't hurt him?

janus77

Speed steal won't happen because great energy manipulators have failed to manipulate Thanos's energy. It's unlikely Flash can.
But is Thanos going to have time to react at all? And could Flash phase/vibrate through any and all attacks by Thanos?

carver9
Flash stomps.

DARTH POWER
For those saying CISless Flash is going to "stomp" Thanos, I have 2 questions...

Firstly, does he also "stomp" Superman? So is The Flash the most powerful hero on DC Earth now?

Secondly what level is CISless Flash then if he's "stomping" Thanos? Odin level? Or Galactus level?

quanchi112
Originally posted by carver9
Flash stomps. Based on what ?

Stoic
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
For those saying CISless Flash is going to "stomp" Thanos, I have 2 questions...

Firstly, does he also "stomp" Superman? So is The Flash the most powerful hero on DC Earth now?

Secondly what level is CISless Flash then if he's "stomping" Thanos? Odin level? Or Galactus level?

Exactly. I asked the same question, and was told that Flash would beat the mess out of Darkseid.You'd think that somewhere along the line, that he would have been shown as this power house, but nope, never. I have never seen the Flash stomp anyone so much above him in power like Thanos is. Where does it stop with this CIS off thing? Shit at this point I wouldn't be surprised if people were willing to give him the nod over adult Franklin.

Zack Fair
it wouldn't be the first time Flash's CIS off goes off the charts.

But in all honesty Adult Franklin/Big G and even Odin are a whole different deal from Thanos.

And I'm pretty sure the threads have been made before. Big G and Odin in specific. Wanna see how far it can go? Search them. Be warned before hand. The wank will be strong.

Inhuman
Seems some posters want to take this board to classic levels again... I seriously think H1a8 might be a sock of "Great_Dane"

Originally posted by great_dane
ya. wally west has never used his powers to their fullest, becasue if he were to move faster than the speedforce(which he can), the uninerse itself would inplode and not exist anymore. so even if eternity is the ebodyment of all living matter, and has been around since the beginning of time, the flash would be able to kamikaze him.

Originally posted by Board Walker
Barry by feats could take Odin and Tyrant

"Most powerfull character that Flash and Zoom can defeat"

Originally posted by Starscream M
they could at the very least beat Galactus

baka

krisblaze
^It's not that Flash is Skyfather or Abstract or shit like that, it's just that his powerset is REALLY, REALLY, REALLY good for one on one matchups like these.

Aside from the bold part this is how I imagine the fight going, IF Thanos gets to react.

That's a bit if though, and I can't really say I'm convinced that he is able to do anything before Flash has done enough damage to take him down.

ToughMind
For the billionth time, Thanos can react to faster opponents like he did with Silver Surfer and he can negate a character's speed.

krisblaze
Originally posted by ToughMind
For the billionth time, Thanos can react to faster opponents like he did with Silver Surfer and he can negate a character's speed.
Surfer ain't as fast as the Flash though.

I believe that Thanos can react to stuff happening at around lightspeed, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he can react to the Flash.

Badabing
Wasn't Thanos in possession of the IG when he reacted to SS?

One-Punch
Thanos deliberately cut off his sensory/perceptions from the IG though.

deathslash
Originally posted by One-Punch
Thanos deliberately cut off his sensory/perceptions from the IG though. wasn't it revealed that thanos created clones of himself to figure out mysteries that had always eluded him? And didn't the clone say that in a few moments, silver surfer would try to take the gauntlet away from him?

Bentley
But in all honesty Adult Franklin/Big G and even Odin are a whole different deal from Thanos.

What about that famous Thanos/Odin stalemate? uhuh

carver9
He was still amped by the IG when he dodged Surfer. Doesn't matter if his perception was off. There are other fts Thanos have that proves he can react to speedsters.

DARTH POWER
^It's not that Flash is Skyfather or Abstract or shit like that, it's just that his powerset is REALLY, REALLY, REALLY good for one on one matchups like these.

Who is the most powerful being Flash has defeated in fair one on one combat?

DarkSaint85
Who is the most powerful being Flash has defeated in fair one on one combat?

Amazo who was stacking all the powers of the league.

DarkSaint85
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/56382/3174890-flash+vs+amazo+1.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/56382/3174891-flash+vs+amazo+2.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/134088/2832218-1561270-1530340_flashvsamazo3_super_super.jpg

DARTH POWER
^ That's pretty impressive. Is that how it ended?

Also did Amazo have Superman's powers in that fight? And hasn't Superman also defeated him in the past?

krisblaze
Amazo is powerful, but even the league combined couldn't take Odin.

Not that Amazo is as powerful as the league combined. He's lesser than the sum of his parts, so to speak.

DarkSaint85
^ That's pretty impressive. Is that how it ended?

Also did Amazo have Superman's powers in that fight? And hasn't Superman also defeated him in the past?

He has Superman's shield on his chest, plus he was whipping an 800lb rod around at sueprsonic speeds, so had SOME degree of superstrength. Pass on whether it was Superman, WW or whatever, though. Can't say for sure.

One-Punch
He was still amped by the IG when he dodged Surfer. Doesn't matter if his perception was off. There are other fts Thanos have that proves he can react to speedsters.

Obviously it does matter. All his stats were amped except his senses and perception, which means his reflexes weren't amped when he dodged Surfer.

DarkSaint85
Obviously it does matter. All his stats were amped except his senses and perception, which means his reflexes weren't amped when he dodged Surfer.

Doesn't it mean the opposite?

As in, I am able to sense and perceive light. Does not mean that I have lightspeed reflexes though lol.

One-Punch
Doesn't it mean the opposite?

As in, I am able to sense and perceive light. Does not mean that I have lightspeed reflexes though lol.

You don't actually "perceive" individual photons or light.

In fact, your perception is really just your brain creating an artificial image in your mind of the environment based on the vary amounts of photons that bounce off objects and hit your retina and different angles.

Anyways, if I were to throw a baseball at you, do you not use your senses (e.g., eye sight) and perception to react to it? If not, I don't know what else you would use to react to it.

DarkSaint85
You don't actually "perceive" individual photons or light.

In fact, your perception is really just your brain creating an artificial image in your mind of the environment based on the vary amounts of photons that bounce off objects and hit your retina and different angles.

Anyways, if I were to throw a baseball at you, do you not use your senses (e.g., eye sight) and perception to react to it? If not, I don't know what else you would use to react to it.

I use both, you're correct. Am not arguing that at all.

But I still need my reflexes, a third component, to react to the baseball.

Another analogy. You're speeding in a car. Suddenly, someone runs out in front of your car. You see the kid/dog/whatever, you realise that you should stop....but you lack the reflexes.

krisblaze
Darksaint's point still stands though.

We perceive things because of light, but that doesn't suddenly enable us to 'dodge' light.

Not sure how this helps any argument for or against Thanos' reactions though stick out tongue

DarkSaint85
Darksaint's point still stands though.

We perceive things because of light, but that doesn't suddenly enable us to 'dodge' light.

Not sure how this helps any argument for or against Thanos' reactions though stick out tongue

Ha.

I think the reason for the debate is, if Thanos' reactions were amped by the IG, then unamped, he wouldn't have been able to react to Surfer (implied).

Therefore, he wouldn't be able to react to Wally.

Not discrediting his speed, but what about Gamora-level? Seems about right, but feel free to disagree.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/4/44936/1034633-thanos_vs_gamora_005.jpg

'You're faster than ever....I couldn't lay a glove on you.....'

carver9

If you are physically amped by the IG then you are amped. He was using the power gem as well which amps your stats. He didn't do that under his own power. You might as well give him credit for everything he did when his perception was off if you're going to sit here and say he wasn't amped physically with the gem and the stuff he did during that run physically without the use of his perception puts him far above Odin.

quanchi112
If you are physically amped by the IG then you are amped. He was using the power gem as well which amps your stats. He didn't do that under his own power. You might as well give him credit for everything he did when his perception was off if you're going to sit here and say he wasn't amped physically with the gem and the stuff he did during that run physically without the use of his perception puts him far above Odin. His reflexes and perceptions were his own. The words are very clear. Quit ignoring that words mean. This isn't the first time you have either ignored the vocabulary used or misrepresented what actually took place.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Images/th_imagejpg1_zps95f48321.jpghttp://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Images/th_imagejpg1_zps49f087e2.jpg

I would retain limitless power but not know my enemies next move.

My diminished capacity now turns this into a true test of nerves and battle skills.

Philosophía
His reflexes were his own.
Does not compute with:
I would retain limitless power

He had the Power Gem. Any feats he does is while still in possession of that infinite power - so none of them are his own.

Sit down.

One-Punch
I use both, you're correct. Am not arguing that at all.

But I still need my reflexes, a third component, to react to the baseball.

Another analogy. You're speeding in a car. Suddenly, someone runs out in front of your car. You see the kid/dog/whatever, you realise that you should stop....but you lack the reflexes.

Your reflexes are completely tied to your perception and senses. You absolutely cannot react to something you don't or can't perceive. When Thanos cut off his perception/senses from the IG he reduced his reflex and reaction to his baseline.

Your car analogy doesn't make sense in the context Thanos was in. Dodging something thrown at you is more akin to Thanos ducking Surfer.

Your analogy also makes it seem like reflexes require thought and contemplation. They don't. If you turn around and someone throws a ball at you, you don't stand there thinking to yourself "gee I should dodge that" and then duck, you just duck without thinking.

If you are physically amped by the IG then you are amped. He was using the power gem as well which amps your stats. He didn't do that under his own power. You might as well give him credit for everything he did when his perception was off if you're going to sit here and say he wasn't amped physically with the gem and the stuff he did during that run physically without the use of his perception puts him far above Odin.

Yeah he was amped, except for his perception and senses, which was stated on panel. Sure Thanos had the power gem, but it was stated Thanos cut off his perception and senses from the infinity guantlet. I don't know if you know this, but that means he cut off his perception and senses from all of the gems, including the power gem.

He was amped in a bunch of ways, but his perception and senses weren't, which was plainly stated for us on panel.

carver9
He had the gems so it really doesn't matter. He had limitless power per his own admission which means he was still feeding off of the gem powers. All of his physical attributes were enhanced. He just didn't allow the gem to AID in his perception of things but that doesn't mean that the senses he already had wasn't amped as well since he was getting power from the gems. What is so hard to comprehend?

One-Punch
He had the gems so it really doesn't matter. He had limitless power per his own admission which means he was still feeding off of the gem powers. All of his physical attributes were enhanced.

Doesn't matter if his other attributes were limitless or amped, it was stated on panel that his perception and senses were cut off from the IG. Doesn't matter if Thanos was strong enough to punch a galaxy into dust, or powerful enough to transmute suns into glass.

His perception and senses were cut off from the IG and were not amped, and that's the only attribute that really matters when it comes to reflexes.

How in the hell are his perception and senses amped if he cuts them off from the infinity gauntlet? I know you're not the brightest guy, but think about that for a second.

Star428
Originally posted by Star428
LOL. Thanos kills him. He's smart enough to find some way to tag him wether with his fists or one of his energy based attacks and one hit is all he needs. I seriously doubt Flash can even hurt Thanos if his shields are up (which they should be automatically in a no CIS/PIS fight). Just a matter of time before Flash is dead meat.

I must've been delusional or something when I typed this. Thanos is outmatched here just like everybody else (except the faster Zoom, of course) is who goes up against Flash. Poor Thanos' power pales in comparison to the uber-speed god. Flash runs so fast that he renders all of Thanos' powers useless. Then Flash keeps running and somehow reverses time and kills Thanos while he is still in his Mother's womb.

Flash wins. Poor Thanos never had a chance against the second most invincible guy (Zoom is first) in all of comics.

It's too bad the Marvel heroes didn't have Flash when the fought Thanos during Infinity Gauntlet. They could've avoided having all those characters killed by Thanos if they had the uber speed god on their team.

h1a8
I must've been delusional or something when I typed this. Thanos is outmatched here just like everybody else (except the faster Zoom, of course) is who goes up against Flash. Poor Thanos' power pales in comparison to the uber-speed god. Flash runs so fast that he renders all of Thanos' powers useless. Then Flash keeps running and somehow reverses time and kills Thanos while he is still in his Mother's womb.

Flash wins. Poor Thanos never had a chance against the second most invincible guy (Zoom is first) in all of comics.

It's too bad the Marvel heroes didn't have Flash when the fought Thanos during Infinity Gauntlet. They could've avoided having all those characters killed by Thanos if they had the uber speed god on their team. Finally, you see the light.
CIS off Flash is basically unbeatable (other than Zoom).

h1a8

How in the hell are his perception and senses amped if he cuts them off from the infinity gauntlet? I know you're not the brightest guy, but think about that for a second. He cut off his ability to see into the future and know his enemy's next move. Nothing more.

Star428
LOL. Yeah, like I said I must've been delusional or something at the time! How in the world could I have ever thought that the mighty Thanos could beat a guy who can run really really fast! LOL. You're right I see the light now! roll eyes (sarcastic)

DarkSaint85
LOL. Yeah, like I said I must've been delusional or something at the time! How in the world could I have ever thought that the mighty Thanos could beat a guy who can run really really fast! LOL. You're right I see the light now! roll eyes (sarcastic)

thumb up

You'll go far here.

Prof. T.C McAbe
He had the gems so it really doesn't matter. He had limitless power per his own admission which means he was still feeding off of the gem powers. All of his physical attributes were enhanced. He just didn't allow the gem to AID in his perception of things but that doesn't mean that the senses he already had wasn't amped as well since he was getting power from the gems. What is so hard to comprehend?

thumb up

quanchi112

riv6672
thumb up

You'll go far here.
Haha!

Philosophía
I need only cut myself off from the sensory of the time, space, etc. Save the power gem. The power gem doesn't amp your amplify your battle skills and perceptions.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Images/th_imagejpg1_zps95f48321.jpg Thanos cut off omniscience to give the heroes a chance and not know their every next move. He still retained unlimited power.

"I would retain limitless power, yet not know my enemy's next move."

Only you would be dumb enough to say that Thanos doing something while possessing unlimited power is interchangeable with him doing it at normal powerlevel.

Moron.

quanchi112

Philosophía
His power isn't what I am referencing but his reflexes. That was not amped. When the character is explicitly stated to be omnipotent , 'but has he increased his reflexes?' doesn't really factor into the minds of people with IQ of over 60. You're confirming the rule, here.

Thanos was doing things to himself like growing giant, here:

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/The_Infinity_Gauntlet_04-13_zps487b04f2.jpg

...not to mention physically shattering Captain America's shield with a single strike. No-selling high-heralds en-masse while laughing.

He was most certainly not his normal physical self - and contrary to what you believe, 'reflexes' aren't some abstract concept - they're strictly related to physical attributes.

Try as you might, you'll be laughed away everytime you will want to bring Thanos's feat while being omnipotent being valid for his normal powerlevel.

I mean, that's just reaching a new low, even for you.

quanchi112

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>