(more) proof that Palpatine is Sidiouse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DVs_suit
I dont know if this has been noticed or posted here by someone else, if this was already noticed by someone else, kindly delete this thread please.

On the DVD edition of episode two, somewhere the commentary, one of them goes something like "We didnt want the audience to know dooku was a bad guy until the very end of the movie when he meets with the emperor". Emperor Palpatine is the only emperor in my knowledge, and at the end of the movie, thats sidiouse he meets with, making them all one and the same.

I never doubted that sidious was palpatine, even before I really thought about it, but I know someone out there does, and this goes in that persons face stick out tongue And GL mentions Jay and Silent bob on the commentary, which I thought was funny.

GordonSkywalker
Are you referring to anyone in particular? Oh and I have long since given up trying to convince anyone that they are two different men. roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
actually, they never said it was emperor palpatine, they did in the novels though, but you can't trust those 100%

DVs_suit
I dont trust the novels for crap :-P

I'll go listen to the commentary again, and come back and tell you :-)

yerssot
marvelous smile

DVs_suit

yerssot
yes, but they explicitly have to say the emperor is palpatine though

DVs_suit
Bah, Humbug.

Tevesh
we all know he is. unless that rumor i heard that sidious is actually the clone of palpatine is true. that would be an intresting twist.

GordonSkywalker
The clones of Palpatine is actually an EU concept if I am not mistaken. However if that is an exact quote Lucas appears to regard Sidious and Palpatine as two seperate indiviudals. Take another look at the wording of his remarks. wink

cookies2006
It depends on how you look at it i guess. Would you say Anakin and Vader are the same person?

DeepThought
I never knew anybody thought they weren't the same person!

Actually, I toyed with the idea after Episode 1, but tossed it aside not too long afterwards, it just seemed to far out? (but still possible)

But of course, we all know that Jar Jar is Grand Moff Tarkin?wink

GordonSkywalker
It is not the same thing though. With Sidious and Palpatine there is at least a small margin of error concerning their connection.

DeepThought
Yeah, but I wonder if its just for if you were seeing the movies for the first time 1-6? It would have you wondering, but I never really wondered, having seen it backend first. Maybe thats what he's trying for?

But it is possible..

GordonSkywalker
Anything is possible in Star Wars I guess. Never considered Darth Vader as anyone other than the fallen Anakin Skywalker myself though.

finti
Dont know why there is a discussion about Palpatine being Sideous, it is pretty obvious.
We know Palpatine declerars himself Emperor, and we know Vader is a sith apprentice and his master being the Emperor. Now to add it all up it shpould be pretty easy, pople complex the SW stories way too much. SW aint complex at all it is a pretty straight forward story

yerssot
there is never said the emperor is palpatine, I think

GordonSkywalker
Palpatine is Sidious. Of course we all know this. George Lucas is a freaking genius for coming up with stuff to get us debating in circles.

LaurenE147
Palpatine and Sidious are played by the same person. DUH!!!!!

yerssot
Ahm Mecq and Jar Jar too, what is your point?

LaurenE147
Anthony Daniels and Ahmed Best excluded why would they have been playe4d by the same character since 1983 if they weren't the same person?

yerssot
because he had the face for both
doesn't mean they are 100% sure the same person

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.