Nick Fury vs Amanda Waller

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sin I AM
Both at the height of their careers will full access to respective prep from both agencies. However neither can access characters over high meta and both have one week to infiltrate each others headquarters and assassinate the other using teams or gear or whatever. Who wins?

GroggyGrunt
It's a tough one, but I'd put my money on Fury. He's got way more first-hand experience in the field than Waller. They're both great strategists/tacticians, but Fury's decades of actual combat experience gives him an edge.

Also, in regards to whatever teams they pull together, I think Fury would actually engender SOME amount of trust and loyalty among them....not so for Waller.

marwash22
Loyalty comes in the form of a bomb in the base of your neck that will pop your melon if you fail to do what Amanda tells you to.

Deadshot kills Fury.

Sin I AM
I know of Furys combat expertise but in this scenario he's not in the field. He's floating atop a helicarrier planning wallers death. Neither can leave the confines of their hqs. Both have to deploy teams and develop strategies to win. And she makes up for her lack of combat exp with a lethality fury lacks

riv6672
Tough one.
First two posts make good points for both sides.
Personally i think Fury has access to overall better operatives, Deadshot not withstanding, and he's better able to personally fend off any attempts at his life than Waller.

GroggyGrunt
Originally posted by marwash22
Loyalty comes in the form of a bomb in the base of your neck that will pop your melon if you fail to do what Amanda tells you to.

Deadshot kills Fury.

Stark hacks the bombs, blows the heads off of all of Waller's army.

This is why I intentionally left out naming any of the actual characters that they would use because I think this would be a really messy thread otherwise. It would quickly devolve into dozens of different "x vs. y" clashes. I'm only looking at Fury and Waller, as their respective resources are very comparable.

BruceSkywalker
Waller kills Fury, however its revealed that the Fury she killed was an LMD. then minutes later the real Nick Fury caps her arse big grin

GroggyGrunt
Originally posted by Sin I AM
I know of Furys combat expertise but in this scenario he's not in the field. He's floating atop a helicarrier planning wallers death. Neither can leave the confines of their hqs. Both have to deploy teams and develop strategies to win. And she makes up for her lack of combat exp with a lethality fury lacks

I know he wouldn't be in the field in this scenario. I'm saying that his first-hand combat experience gives him the edge as a shot-caller, as well. And I don't think Fury lacks lethality at all.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by GroggyGrunt
I know he wouldn't be in the field in this scenario. I'm saying that his first-hand combat experience gives him the edge as a shot-caller, as well. And I don't think Fury lacks lethality at all.

Maybe lethality is a bad choice of words. Im thinking more along the lines of making sacrifices fury wouldn't

riv6672
Fury's better able to survive anything that gets through to him.
Waller may stack up mentally but obviously not physicslly.

Golgo13
DCnU Waller with ARGUS/JLA at her call? Not to mention the Suicide Squad.

riv6672
No one over high meta on the JLA.

If you want to play that card though, Fury has the Avengers, the FF, a good number of X Men...
GroggyGrunt's right though, this can easily become a character x vs y situation.

Sin I AM
Doesn't Fury have a team?

Kazenji
Not at the moment.

Supermutant
Being the man on the wall, Fury has his own army of LMDs plus access to the most advance alien tech.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Kazenji
Not at the moment.

What happened to the secret warriors, i haven't kept up with marvel outside of Thor

Kazenji
He folded the surviving members of Team White, Team Black and the Howling Commandos into this new organization and handed command of it over to Quake & Fury just walked away

that's about it what happen with the final Secret Warriors book.

GroggyGrunt
Maybe lethality is a bad choice of words. Im thinking more along the lines of making sacrifices fury wouldn't

I'd still have to disagree. Fury is a big-picture guy and, against someone like Waller and her forces, I don't see him pulling any punches.

Golgo13
Originally posted by riv6672
No one over high meta on the JLA.

If you want to play that card though, Fury has the Avengers, the FF, a good number of X Men...
GroggyGrunt's right though, this can easily become a character x vs y situation.

Oops. Amanda seems to have more resources with all the rooms. Black, Circus, Green, etc...

riv6672
Doesn't Fury have a team?

Not at the moment.

OP says height of their careers, so i'd say he has a team.

Kazenji
^ Yeah but then later on she says "Doesn't Fury have a team?"

which i thought currently.

riv6672
Eh, its her OP, who am i to argue? laughing

Sin I AM
OP says height of their careers, so i'd say he has a team.

I was asking currently. Im aware of the SW

riv6672
Thats cool.

Sixth_Winged
Fury plays on a higher level than waller. Man on the Wall status + secret war team + shielf is kinda hard to beat.

pym-ftw
Fury has access to the US missle armory

Nuke ftw

Golgo13
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Fury has access to the US missle armory

Nuke ftw

Amanda has access to much more than that.

riv6672
I disagree about much more. Roughly equal is more accurate.

Golgo13
I disagree about much more. Roughly equal is more accurate.

Amanda is head or one of ARGUS, which houses a crap load of artifacts and the best technological achievements. Did you ever read Forever Evil: ARGUS? If so, I highly recommend it. Their resources are off the charts.

riv6672
That, i know.
Both opponents have access to these things. Marvel may not feature it as much but SHIELD is what these DC orgs are based on. They can get their hands on whats necessary.

Golgo13
That, i know.
Both opponents have access to these things. Marvel may not feature it as much but SHIELD is what these DC orgs are based on. They can get their hands on whats necessary.

Really? Amanda has more at her command and easily. ARGUS houses:

GroggyGrunt
Originally posted by Golgo13
Amanda is head or one of ARGUS, which houses a crap load of artifacts and the best technological achievements. Did you ever read Forever Evil: ARGUS? If so, I highly recommend it. Their resources are off the charts.

As "Man on the Wall" and head of SHIELD, Fury also has access to the best tech available, including alien tech.

I still think their resources are practically identical. I just think Fury would make better use of them. Waller would give him a run for his money, for sure, but I still think Fury takes it in the end.

Golgo13
Originally posted by GroggyGrunt
As "Man on the Wall" and head of SHIELD, Fury also has access to the best tech available, including alien tech.

I still think their resources are practically identical. I just think Fury would make better use of them. Waller would give him a run for his money, for sure, but I still think Fury takes it in the end.

Does Fury have access to mystical artifacts on the level of ARGUS? ARGUS also had Amazo in it's room among all types of advanced tech.

riv6672
Well no, Fury does not have an Amazo. As for mystic artifacts, his God had a hammer.

Seriously, this is an even fight. You disagree and thats okay by me. I say Fury, you say Waller.

psycho gundam
http://www.qscomics.com/realcovers/ebaynew/st162vfplus.jpg

Golgo13
Well no, Fury does not have an Amazo. As for mystic artifacts, his God had a hammer.

Seriously, this is an even fight. You disagree and thats okay by me. I say Fury, you say Waller.

Ok. I just wanted some examples, but agree to disagree. mad

riv6672
Why the angry face, then?

You know what, i dont i dont really care. laughing

Golgo13
Because I wanted some examples. But since you don't care...

Rao Kal El
Tough one to pick.

I think I will side with Fury on this one

Kazenji
Because I wanted some examples. But since you don't care...

How predictable coming from who you side with... roll eyes (sarcastic)

riv6672
Haha

Caps Conscience
Fury has a hulk. Close Thread.

Golgo13
How predictable coming from who you side with... roll eyes (sarcastic)

And how a predictable post from you. I guess you can't do anything else on battle boards. stick out tongue

riv6672
MeOW! wink

Kazenji
And how a predictable post from you. I guess you can't do anything else on battle boards. stick out tongue

I do more then you

instead of always siding with one comic book company.

Golgo13
I do more then you

instead of always siding with one comic book company.

rolling on floor laughing

Keep on telling yourself that.

riv6672
And another thread bites the dust.

iceman24567
Jeeze whats up with the unrelenting tension in the air

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.