EU lightsaber fights that would be great filmed/animated

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
The EU has many cinematic/epic duels of its own that will never be filmed. But if they were what are some of the best showdowns between force wielders, or non force sensitives that you'd like to see on the big screen. Would you rather see them in the style of the Prequels, flashy and well choreographed with an epic backdrop? Or would the duel be better played out with the emotional layering, psychological implications, and heavy movements of the OT? What fights would make the best for film?

Tzeentch
Leia versus Beldorion the Hutt.

Fated Xtasy
Kyle Vs Caedus would be cool to see in Prequel style.

Jaina/Mara Vs Caedus would be an excellent choice, the emotional state, etc etc. I'd like to see that.

Nephthys
Dooku vs Anakin and Obi-Wan (RotS novel)

yes

Sinious
Originally posted by Nephthys
Dooku vs Anakin and Obi-Wan (RotS novel)

yes

That would be pretty cool. Wait...

Emperordmb
Bane vs Kas'im.

The Merchant
Palpatine vs. Luke Skywalker.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Kyle Vs Caedus would be cool to see in Prequel style.

That fight was less than 20 seconds long, though.

Eminence
I'd prefer the emotional layering and psychological implications of the OT with the relatively sensible choreography of something like Rob Roy, adjusted for the realities of the lore. In a better world, the Nightbrothers' climactic duel with Palpatine might have been both live-action and more resonant, but it's nonetheless (probably) my favorite duel of that series.

But they don't all have to ring existential. Obi-Wan's takedown of Durge from the Tartakovsky series would be awesome, even if it's not, strictly speaking, a duel.

chilled monkey
I would absolutely love to see Luke, Ben, Vestara, Seha and Doran vs. Workan and Sith Guards.

Some others I'd like:

* Kerra Holt vs. Arkadia Calimondra.

* Vodo-Siosk Baas vs. Exar Kun.

* Luke vs. Brakiss.

* Luke vs. Luuke.

* Starkiller vs. Aberrant Clones.

* Luke and Corran vs. Jensaarai.

Definitely in the OT style. No PT style "twirling lightsabres around like batons" thank you very much.

NTJack0
Luke vs Caedus

Starkiller vs Vader, if it was done right.

Palpy vs Luke

Bane and Zannah vs Jedi Strike Team

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Eminence
I'd prefer the emotional layering and psychological implications of the OT

lol @ emotion

In a better world, the Nightbrothers' climactic duel with Palpatine might have been both live-action and more resonant, but it's nonetheless (probably) my favorite duel of that series.

You are wise to recognize His Imperial Majesty's supremacy. But I think TCW's animated duels shit all over the live action ones.

S_W_LeGenD
Some battles that I would like to see on big screen:

- Revan vs. Malak (Star Forge)
- Hero of Tython vs. Lord Praven (Tatooine)
- Darth Malgus vs. Aryn Leener (Coruscant; all confrontations)
- Revan vs. Imperial Strike Team (Foundry)
- Darth Victun vs. Darth Qalar (Dromund Kaas)
- Usma vs. Lord Praven (Coruscant)

Depictions should be balanced; impressive action sequences coupled with OT style psychological and emotional elements.

The_Tempest
All those sound terrible, Leg. Needs more Palpatine.

Nephthys
Nox vs Thanaton would be cool.

The Soa fight. Malgus fight. Dread Masters.

NewGuy01
Revan vs. Malak and Vitiate would be cool to see onscreen. In 2015 we'll have the latter, though, when project Revan finishes.

Eminence
http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/nooooooo_luke_skywalker.gif

Oh, and anything with Pong Krell.

edit: must amend earlier statement. Maul vs Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan is overall (I think) my favorite live-action duel by a fair margin. Excellent pacing (the doors!), frenetic choreography, emotion, novelty, imposing villain, dashing heroes, and a brilliant score. I know they're not always swinging directly at each other, but... but I don't really care that much. To the extent that I do: Rob Roy, my sons. And I think TCW in its better duels rectifies that problem to some degree without sacrificing too much pathos in the change of medium.

Q99
Wyyrlok vs Krayt and Cade vs Krayt would both be great.

The_Tempest
http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/nooooooo_luke_skywalker.gif

Oh, and anything with Pong Krell.

edit: must amend earlier statement. Maul vs Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan is overall (I think) my favorite live-action duel by a fair margin. Excellent pacing (the doors!), frenetic choreography, emotion, novelty, imposing villain, dashing heroes, and a brilliant score. I know they're not always swinging directly at each other, but... but I don't really care that much. To the extent that I do: Rob Roy, my sons. And I think TCW in its better duels rectifies that problem to some degree without sacrificing too much pathos in the change of medium.

Yeah, Duel of the Fates shits over the OT duels. But Sidious vs. the brothers is factually the greatest fight in all of Star Wars according to science.

Eminence
It might be. The bungling of even remotely hierarchical precedents in like half of the other fights might be cause for disqualification in this fan's book. This one is pretty perfect.

More importantly, I can't decide if Krell was criminally underutilized or spared the terrible fate of General Grievous, creatively. Better to die a badass than live a mediocre little biiiiiiitch? His character was already frustrating though, so maybe it's best this way. But... the possibilities.

The_Tempest
The bungling of even remotely hierarchical precedents in like half of the other fights might be cause for disqualification in this fan's book.

Kenobi vs. the Nightbrothers?

Eminence
That's better, missed an edit.

Kenobi vs. the Nightbrothers is one egregious example that was given an explanation I might some day accept. But Palpatine vs. the strike team, at the very least in hindsight, is probably the outright worst offender. It shouldn't matter because it's not even a "good fight" in the sense that the others we're discussing are (exciting! among other things), but it might be the worst fight in the whole saga by almost every measure. Palpatine vs. the Nightbrothers was not only a terrific set piece in its own right but benefited from being a stark contrast to the strike team fiasco, establishing the same thing hierarchically in an infinitely more pleasing way.

Count Dooku vs. the Nightsisters was another spectacular sequence, though, and similarly satisfying.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by The_Tempest
All those sound terrible, Leg. Needs more Palpatine.
All of the battles that I mentioned are lengthy, intense, and hard-fought between the combatants, and most are affiliated with reasonable pre-battle plots.

As far as Palpatine is concerned, I take a great interest in his battles but I find his DE era battles anti-climatic. I do have high opinion of Palpatine's confrontation with duo of Darth Maul and Savage Opress though, great addition to the lore. However, I am disappointed by the fact that this particular battle was shortened during finalization.

Palpatine vs. Darth Plagueis would have been an awesome battle but its plot was weakly established unfortunately.

Trocity
Originally posted by NTJack0
Bane and Zannah vs Jedi Strike Team

thumb up

DarthAnt66
Revan vs Malak; Luke vs Caedus; Malgus vs Strike Team.

The_Tempest
That's better, missed an edit.

Kenobi vs. the Nightbrothers is one egregious example that was given an explanation I might some day accept. But Palpatine vs. the strike team, at the very least in hindsight, is probably the outright worst offender. It shouldn't matter because it's not even a "good fight" in the sense that the others we're discussing are (exciting! among other things), but it might be the worst fight in the whole saga by almost every measure. Palpatine vs. the Nightbrothers was not only a terrific set piece in its own right but benefited from being a stark contrast to the strike team fiasco, establishing the same thing hierarchically in an infinitely more pleasing way.

Count Dooku vs. the Nightsisters was another spectacular sequence, though, and similarly satisfying.

wat

Eminence
Obi-Wan lost. thumb up

Selenial
Oh ffs, he's back.

yay.

Uhh, probably:

Traya vs Surik
Revan + Surik vs Vitiate,
Team Dathomir vs Team CIS
Windu vs Yoda
Shaak Ti vs Galen Marek....

DARTH POWER
Palpatine vs. the Nightbrothers was not only a terrific set piece in its own right but benefited from being a stark contrast to the strike team fiasco, establishing the same thing hierarchically in an infinitely more pleasing way.

thumb up

Fated Xtasy
HoT Vs Vitiate. probably like Yoda V Sidious. that would be kinda cool imo.

Darth _Sadow1
I want to see Vader's final fight on Kashyyyk from Dark Lord animated. That was such a good fight...

TerasKasi1023
Windu vs. Sora Bulq on Ruul
Windu vs. Depa Billaba
Asajj Ventress &Rhad Tarn vs. K'kruhk & Jeisel on Ruul
Aayla Secura, Ki adi Mundi, Shaak Ti, Tarr Seir, Kruhk vs. Grievous (Hypori)
Dooku vs. Yoda (Vjun)
Agen Kolar vs. Quinlan Vos (NarShadaa)

I woukd like them all fought fast pace like in the PT.

Vorpal Ruin
Anakin Solo's last stand.
Ganner Rhysode's last stand.
Luke, Jacen and Jaina vs 10 YV Slayers and Shimrra.
Luke vs Caedus.
The entire Myrkr strike mission.
Mace Windu vs Kar Vastor.

Lord Stark
Dooku vs. Yoda round 2
Yoda vs. Sidious uncut.

Q99
The final battle of Vindication, with Zayne Carrick, Haazen, and Lucien Draay. That would be incredibly epic.

The_Tempest
300 Jedi Masters vs. Darth Krayt in which Krayt solos because numbers dont matter at all

Fated Xtasy
Ooh, what about Dooku Vs Quinlan? that'd be pretty badass imo.

Meetra Surik Vs Darth Traya. would be amazing to see.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by The_Tempest
1000 Jedi Masters vs. Tulak Hord in which Hord solos because numbers dont matter at all

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.