Bojack Horseman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Selphie
Anybody checked it out yet on Netflix?

I've watched about half of the season so far and I'm really enjoying it.

A lot of big/interesting names are involved. Some of the voices include Will Arnett, Amy Sedaris, Aaron Paul, Alison Brie, and Paul F. Tompkins.

Other appearances include Patton Oswalt, Stephen Colbert, and Kristen Schaal.

It's basically about a washed up comedian/actor named Bojack Horseman, who starred in a 90's sitcom called Horsing Around. Which had flopped. So now he's an aging horse-man living in Hollywood, trying desperately to make a comeback by having a memoir written about his life. Hilarity ensues when he makes all the wrong decisions and his circle of friends try to intervene or exacerbate the issues.

It's interesting how the show incorporates some of the characters as anthropomorphic animals, while many of the other characters are normal human beings.

I would highly recommend it if you like dark humor.

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1978987/thumbs/r-BOJACK-large570.jpg

Digi
Sounds interesting.

Eternal Idol
I just finished all five seasons of this show, and I absolutely love it. It's hilarious, but it's also surprisingly deep. They touch upon some heavy topics, like depression, loneliness, addiction, and suicide. Very existential.

I rate it higher than Rick and Morty, which I also very much enjoyed.

Anybody else watch it?

riv6672

Surtur
Back in the 90's I was in a very famous tv show. I'm Bojack the horse, Bojack the horse, don't act like you don't know.

staxamillion
too depressing for my taste. though I did like the animal people jokes and whatnots

Surtur
Originally posted by staxamillion
too depressing for my taste. though I did like the animal people jokes and whatnots

The depressing stuff is part of it's charm.

Martian_mind
This show is genuinely fantastic.

Larin Delbink
Yeah I had no idea this was going to be so good when I first started watching it. Probably the best and most seamless blend of drama and comedy that I've ever come across. Easily my favourite of all the animated sitcoms.

Eon Blue
Excellent TV show. Hits close to home.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.