Did Satele Shan really lose to Darth Malgus?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WildBantha88
Did Satele really lose to Darth Malgus on Alderaan? It is a general consensus that she did. I will concede that she did lose in a lightsaber duel, but did she lose fight over all? I think not. Here is why.

We all know what happened. Satele Shan got disarmed and Darth Malgus tried to run her through with his lightsaber but she got her hand up and caught the blade with tutaminus, a very impressive feat.

http://thelabyrinthinejar.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/hope-jedi-satele-shan009.jpg

And then she got both of her hands on the lightsaber and she appeared to be far more in control

http://www.pcgamewallpapers.net/1440x900/star-wars-the-old-republic-laser.jpg

Even with Darth Malgus pushing with both hands the lightsaber was not moving towards her. And she has proven that she can match Darth Malgus's strength while using the force in another manner, one handed no less.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100818124650/swtor/nl/images/e/e1/Jedi_vs_Malgus.png

Then add that onto the massive power boost she was receiving from holding Malgus off, a power boost so strong that she could crumble a mountain with it, and I believe this match should be considered a stalemate rather than an all out defeat.

Emperordmb
"After our last confrontation over Korriban, I head dreaded the possibility of another confrontation with Malgus, and my life was nearly forfeit again on this occasion. It was only the determination and strength of Captian Malcom that prevented it from happening."-Satele Shan in the Journal of Gnost Dural.

She pretty much lost against Malgus one on one, though not without earning herself some badass feats.

WildBantha88
That very well may be just a jedi's humility. Satele Shan was someone who tried to be the figure head for all jedi to look up to, in a few words. "The Perfect Jedi". Humility is something she would be quick to. Someone saves her life she would not boast saying "He saved me but I could have taken him myself." So her saying that after the fact makes sense but it doesn't undermine the fact that she might have still won that fight on her own

Emperordmb
Satele pretty clearly states that she was almost ****ed and that it was "only" Malcom's determination that saved her from getting murdered.

Did she put up a good fight? Yes.

Would she have beat Malgus there without Malcom's interference? No.

Did her tutaminus save her life and let her deadlock Malgus temporarily? Yes, and it was a damn impressive feat.

Could she hold him off indefinitely that way? No.

DarthAnt66
She got crushed.

Q99
I wouldn't say 'crushed,' I mean one non-force sensitive was enough to turn the tide! But she needed help to pull it out to be sure.

WildBantha88
She hadn't lost yet, she was on her last leg for sure but she was still in the fight.

Nephthys
She had a chance if she could use the energies she'd absorbed.

carthage
Lol @ Banthas pathetic fanboy defense of Satele. Malgus had her downed and she even admitted that Malcom was the only reason she lived. Malgus would kick her ass if they fought on neutral ground.

Satele sucks

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by carthage
Lol @ Banthas pathetic fanboy defense of Satele. Malgus had her downed and she even admitted that Malcom was the only reason she lived. Malgus would kick her ass if they fought on neutral ground.

Satele sucks

Lol @ Carthages attempt to troll/bait. This is so obvious Carthage, come on, you can do better than this.

Based
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Lol @ Carthages attempt to troll/bait. This is so obvious Carthage, come on, you can do better than this.

PT could have done better.

Nephthys
#shotsfired

FreshestSlice
She lost. It's not that big a deal. Malgus is pretty powerful.

WildBantha88
battle wasn't over yet and she was getting an amp

FreshestSlice
To me it looked like she was going to get a saber to the face. I'm not sure why it's so hard for you to accept that Satele can and did lose. Malgus has contended with far better.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.