Vitiate vs Orbalisk Bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
I think this fight deserves it's own thread stick out tongue

Setting: Dark Side nexus... oh yeah. BUT no prep for Vitiate

Sabers, force, all-out

Who wins?

Stigma
I'm gonna go with Vitiate on this one.

Trocity
Bane isn't as good against Sith, lightning destroys the Orbalisks.

carthage
They're both shit characters, they kill each other

chilled monkey
Vitiate is practically an embodiment of the dark side. He's the Palpatine of his era.

With the orbalisks Bane might be a minor nuisance but Vitiate would still defeat him, probably without even needing to stand up from his throne.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by carthage
They're both shit characters, they kill each other
I wondered how you would manage to keep sane in this thread.

Anyway, Vitiate.
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Vitiate is practically an embodiment of the dark side. He's the Palpatine of his era.

Let's not get too hasty, now. Palpatine is the Palpatine of every era. Fact.

carthage
The eternal stalemate option maintains my sanity

NTJack0
It makes me cringe, Bane isn't an oscar winning character, but he's leagues over the Palpy ripoff of the month.

AncientPower
Originally posted by NTJack0
It makes me cringe, Bane isn't an oscar winning character, but he's leagues over the Palpy ripoff of the month.

thumb up

carthage
Originally posted by AncientPower
thumb up

thumb up

Sinious
lol such butthurt. This thread is all the proof needed.

thumb up

I accept your lame concession on Vitiate > Caedus btw

carthage
I accept your concession that none of Vitiate's power is his, you cannot objectively prove that Vitiate is a powerful force user without a nexus/prep, and that Vitiate can't even beat Ahsoka Tano without a massive reservoir of darkside energy.

Sinious
I accept your concession that none of Vitiate's power is his, you cannot objectively prove that Vitiate is a powerful force user without a nexus/prep, and that Vitiate can't even beat Ahsoka Tano without a massive reservoir of darkside energy.

It is "objectively" stated that Vitiate became more powerful than any sith/jedi before him. Also, the likes of Malgus, Jadus, Nox are all below him. If your feeble brain cannot comprehend his powers, compare his inferiors to Ahsoka and do the math.

"Vitiate can't even beat Ahsoka Tano" I will use this one though. laughing

carthage
Which isn't saying much considering Sadow, Kressh, and Ragnos are all featless. Again what force feats has Vitiate done without a nexus, prep, or any latent darkside energies that puts him above Caedus, Malgus, or Ahsoka Tano?

Jadus is featless. And Malgus has superior feats to Vitiate off nexus, whereas, Vitiate has no showings without factors that put his power into doubt. Vitiate's feats with prep/rituals/nexuses do not prove he is more powerful than Malgus, only that he has circumstances that amplify whatever "power" he has.

I have seen nothing from Vitiate in your pitiful arguments that put him above anyone

Sinious
Which isn't saying much considering Sadow, Kressh, and Ragnos are all featless. Again what force feats has Vitiate done without a nexus, prep, or any latent darkside energies that puts him above Caedus, Malgus, or Ahsoka Tano?

Jadus is featless. And Malgus has superior feats to Vitiate off nexus, whereas, Vitiate has no showings without factors that put his power into doubt. Vitiate's feats with prep/rituals/nexuses do not prove he is more powerful than Malgus, only that he has circumstances that amplify whatever "power" he has.

I have seen nothing from Vitiate in your pitiful arguments that put him above anyone

http://i.imgur.com/fNQp0cE.png

carthage
Nice deflecting the question bro.

Nephthys
Sometimes I feel sorry for carthage. He tries so hard but he's cried wolf so many times with his trolling that no one will give him the time of day. Get what you give I guess.

carthage
Originally posted by Nephthys
Sometimes I feel sorry for carthage. He tries so hard but he's cried wolf so many times with his trolling that no one will give him the time of day. Get what you give I guess.

Not crying wolf I just see nothing that puts him above Ahoska Tano apart from Sinious's argument from ignorance logical fallacies.

Also you get destroyed in routinely every argument you try to put out, so I'm not quite sure what my post has to do with trolling.

appletonia
i know who carthage is teehee

Emperordmb
Keep in mind Carthage that no matter how much you cry Nexus, if Vitiate really was a weakling who required a nexus and prep for all of his power, than any powerful Sith could just waltz into the Dark Temple and slaughter him, with Vitiate's killer also benefiting from said nexus.

However that did not happen in a thousand years, despite numerous powerful Sith rising to prominence, the Sith in his empire were in awe of his power, and Vitiate has some pretty damn good hype in official sources. Not to mention, nobody gives a shit about nexuses. I have never seen a character go "he gets his powah from nexuses! We should get him off of nexuses so we can kill him!" or "he's too powerful on a dark side nexus!"

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Keep in mind Carthage that no matter how much you cry Nexus, if Vitiate really was a weakling who required a nexus and prep for all of his power, than any powerful Sith could just waltz into the Dark Temple and slaughter him, with Vitiate's killer also benefiting from said nexus.

While I get your point, that's not true. Most of the time Vitiate keeps himself in a space fortress, with Rakata tech, hidden from all sensors, with impregnable defenses, and the only people he keeps around him he's bent to his will.

Unless you're talking about the Voice, but even then Vitiate has always known when someone planned to betray him due to his own spy network.

AncientPower
Originally posted by Sinious
I accept your lame concession on Vitiate > Caedus btw

Sorry for having real life responsibilities, but hey you want to take this as seriously as a political debate then go ahead.

NewGuy01
Somebody hasn't played the KOTOR games.

Emperordmb
The ones that Drew Karpyshyn and SWTOR seem to completely ignore?

AncientPower
Descriptive writing hasn't been the strongest element of BiOWare's writing team...

Though I did actually message Drew about what he thinks the effects Kaas would have had on the characters in his book, according to him he left it open on purpose so as to make forum debates 'more spirited'.

Nephthys
Sion is obviously a unique case, guys.

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
While I get your point, that's not true. Most of the time Vitiate keeps himself in a space fortress, with Rakata tech, hidden from all sensors, with impregnable defenses, and the only people he keeps around him he's bent to his will.

Unless you're talking about the Voice, but even then Vitiate has always known when someone planned to betray him due to his own spy network.

That was only after Revan. Before then he had challenges and battles in person.

FreshestSlice

That was only after Revan. Before then he had challenges and battles in person.
I'm not implying that Vitiate is weak or that he never fought in person, but to say that anyone could just waltz in at anytime isn't true. We really don't have anyway to judge the people from before either, which I think is more of carthage's point.

Sinious
Sorry for having real life responsibilities, but hey you want to take this as seriously as a political debate then go ahead.

Nah, its chill but I am curious to see you prove how Caedus is above dark council one-shoting. wink

However that did not happen in a thousand years, despite numerous powerful Sith rising to prominence, the Sith in his empire were in awe of his power, and Vitiate has some pretty damn good hype in official sources. Not to mention, nobody gives a shit about nexuses. I have never seen a character go "he gets his powah from nexuses! We should get him off of nexuses so we can kill him!" or "he's too powerful on a dark side nexus!"

thumb up

SIDIOUS 66
Not to mention, nobody gives a shit about nexuses.

Don't call someone else a troll when you ignore established canon.

Also, only speak for yourself.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Don't call someone else a troll when you ignore established canon.

LOL Doesn't your "son" do that all the time? laughing

appletonia
Nobody has actually managed to establish a causal relationship between Sion's ability and the darkside power of Malachor V and Korriban, for the record.

Sinious
Originally posted by appletonia
Nobody has actually managed to establish a causal relationship between Sion's ability and the darkside power of Malachor V and Korriban, for the record.

Sion managed to resurrect himself outside of a nexus. That claim is flawed from the beginning.

The_Tempest

Both Traya and Sion himself establish it at the 4:30 and 1:45 marks respectively.

appletonia
I had exactly those two quotes in mind when I said that.

appletonia
Sion managed to resurrect himself outside of a nexus. That claim is flawed from the beginning.

thumb up

I believe the argument is that he can't resurrect himself as many times when not on a nexus.

The_Tempest
I had exactly those two quotes in mind when I said that.

I had exactly those two quotes in mind when you said that as well.

Sinious
thumb up

I believe the argument is that he can't resurrect himself as many times when not on a nexus.

Oh in that case, is there any quote that specifically states this?

FreshestSlice
Oh in that case, is there any quote that specifically states this?
Look, I think Tempest is an awful father too, but he already posted the quotes.

appletonia
First one: the quote reads a lot better if you interpet it as Kreia, the profoundly gifted seer and master schemer, meaning that the time that Meetra would, not could, defeat Sion was not now but later. It's a recurring theme throughout the game that Kreia knew a lot more than she lets on, and was grooming the Exile to be the one to defeat her enemies. In other words, rather than saying that Meetra couldn't defeat Sion because they were on Korriban, she's saying that she couldn't defeat him because she knew that now was not ultimately the right time for events to be in place to enable it to happen.

"But it is not now, not here, while Korriban runs through him" =/= "But it is not now, not here, given that Korriban runs through him". She's simply speaking in a very flowery manner where most of what she says is redundant. Meetra can not defeat him "now", and incidentally it is at that moment that "Korriban runs through him".

Edit - at what point does the quote come up in the second video?

carthage
He was never an awful parent....

Sinious
Look, I think Tempest is an awful father too, but he already posted the quotes.

Those quotes doesn't specifically expose the function of nexus in Sion's talent though.

FreshestSlice
First one: the quote reads a lot better if you interpet it as Kreia, the profoundly gifted seer and master schemer, meaning that the time that Meetra would, not could, defeat Sion was not now but later. It's a recurring theme throughout the game that Kreia knew a lot more than she lets on, and was grooming the Exile to be the one to defeat her enemies. In other words, rather than saying that Meetra couldn't defeat Sion because they were on Korriban, she's saying that she couldn't defeat him because she knew that now was not ultimately the right time for events to be in place to enable it to happen.

"But it is not now, not here, while Korriban runs through him" =/= "But it is not now, not here, given that Korriban runs through him". She's simply speaking in a very flowery manner where most of what she says is redundant. Meetra can not defeat him "now", and incidentally it is at that moment that "Korriban runs through him".

Edit - at what point does the quote come up in the second video?
"As long as the dark places of this world flow through the cracks of my flesh, I cannot be killed."
Those quotes doesn't specifically expose the function of nexus in Sion's talent though.
Yes. Yes. they do.

Sinious

Yes. Yes. they do.

lol I thought you were referring to the video which only watched from 4:30

Fated Xtasy
Yes. Yes. they do.

Somewhat, Yes. But he was able to resurrect himself on the Harbinger. So there's that. I think outside of a Nexus, his ability is somewhat limited. But other than that there's not really much on how he's able to use that ability aside from the old "Angah and Hatred fuel my powah" etc etc.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Somewhat, Yes. But he was able to resurrect himself on the Harbinger. So there's that. I think outside of a Nexus, his ability is somewhat limited. But other than that there's not really much on how he's able to use that ability aside from the old "Angah and Hatred fuel my powah" etc etc.
On a nexus, he doesn't die. Off nexus he dies and takes extended periods of time to heal. Killing Sion off nexus will take him out for the count due to the number of times he's died all ready. Which is a lot.

Sinious
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy

thumb up

appletonia
"As long as the dark places of this world flow through the cracks of my flesh, I cannot be killed."

That would make "the dark places of this world" a sufficient condition for his ability to function, not a necessary one. You really can't establish that he is doing anything more than claiming that due to the power of the darkside flowing though his body, he cannot be killed. This is no different to the numerous other times where a Sith will randomly credit the darkside when talking about how powerful they have become.

appletonia
Really, no distinction is ever made between how his ability operates on Malachor V/Korriban, and how it operates elsewhere. The idea that his ability to continuously resurrect is reliant on a darkside nexus is clearly based off of a poor interpretation of the quotes.

FreshestSlice
Really, no distinction is ever made between how his ability operates on Malachor V/Korriban, and how it operates elsewhere. The idea that his ability to continuously resurrect is reliant on a darkside nexus is clearly based off of a poor interpretation of the quotes.
Or the fact that every other time he was struck down it's stated that he literally died and it took time for him to comeback. This isn't seen on nexus.

appletonia
What incidents are you referring to?

FreshestSlice
Well besides the fact he killed himself to get on board the Harbinger. It's said in the CG that Sion falls, and then gets back up. It also said he died many times. Whereas when we face him, he never dies, except for when the Exile convinces him to let go.

appletonia
He was playing possum on the Harbinger, and the game switches between saying that he cannot die, and that he continuously dies and then comes back to life. They effectively mean the same thing. He had never truly died prior to his final battle with Ms Surik.

FreshestSlice
No he didn't. He was actually dead by all accounts. And the game doesn't switch back and forth, both time it is clearly stated that he can't be killed there.

Oneness
Bane would merk Vitiate in combat, but he may not be willful enough to resist Vitiate's corruption, and will subsequently become an extension of the greatest quasi-ethereal wielder of Force energies in the mythos.

Selenial

Just gotta say, he has a point that people use his nexus feats too much.
Also, we don't have any proof that Vitiate can force drain anyone who isn't willing to let him, but that still gets used constantly. (I mean come on, why not just go drain the Jedi temple, or ****ing coruscant)

But yeh, this thread is ridiculous. New Skotia> Dooku replacement meme incoming.

Selenial
Nah, its chill but I am curious to see you prove how Caedus is above dark council one-shoting. wink

For the last ****ing time.

RITUALS MEAN JACK SHIT.

appletonia
No he didn't. He was actually dead by all accounts. And the game doesn't switch back and forth, both time it is clearly stated that he can't be killed there.

He's always "dead by all accounts", when "all accounts" refers to all the biological and cosmetic indicators of life. He was clearly playing possum bro.

Sinious
Originally posted by Selenial
For the last ****ing time.

RITUALS MEAN JACK SHIT.

Chill out pumpkin, he claims that Caedus is above prepped Vitiate so it isnt irrelevant in this case.

DarthAnt66
lol

Nalaniel
That's rude.

DarthAnt66
sad edited smile

Sinious
Nalaniel has a point there. big grin

DarthAnt66
Of course. Her word and thoughts are law.

Nalaniel
You must hate Revan and kill him a thousand times when he becomes a boss in SWTOR.

DarthAnt66
I plan on killing him many times to ensure I understand the mechanics and his feats fully, like I did on the Foundry. thumb up

Nalaniel
Good. Now the hate part.

DarthAnt66
I hate Raven. Is that good enough?

Nalaniel
No. Post in the Revan vs. Zannah thread that Zannah ragdolls him. stick out tongue

DarthAnt66
I hurt my hand yesterday. I can't type anymore. sad

Sinious
Originally posted by Nalaniel
No. Post in the Revan vs. Zannah thread that Zannah ragdolls him. stick out tongue

Don't be too harsh on him. Besides, Revan is the superior force user there...

Nalaniel
I see, so you love Revan more than me... Well, nevermind.

Selenial
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Of course. Her word and thoughts are law.
Nvm, lol

Selenial
Chill out pumpkin, he claims that Caedus is above prepped Vitiate so it isnt irrelevant in this case.

Nah.

Inconsequential to the highest degree.

Sinious
Nah.

Inconsequential to the highest degree.

Explain how Vitiate one-shoting the dark council is irrelevant when he is given the chance to prep himself for Caedus.

Selenial
Explain how Vitiate one-shoting the dark council is irrelevant when he is given the chance to prep himself for Caedus.

Because I don't care what he has said in past arguments, you asked to prove that he can one shot a council?

Also, cause reasons that I can't be assed to type on a phone that feels the need to AUTOCORRECT DUCKING EVERYTHING.

FFS, I need to add F****** into my phones dictionary so that stops happening.

Sinious
Because I don't care what he has said in past arguments, you asked to prove that he can one shot a council?

Also, cause reasons that I can't be assed to type on a phone that feels the need to AUTOCORRECT DUCKING EVERYTHING.

FFS, I need to add F****** into my phones dictionary so that stops happening.

Just tell me how Caedus can top Natemha annihilation and DC one-shoting.

Selenial
Just tell me how Caedus can top Natemha annihilation and DC one-shoting.

Ritual so it doesn't matter confused

Sinious
Ritual so it doesn't matter confused

Prove its not just prep and that a ritual was involved.

Selenial
Prove its not just prep and that a ritual was involved.

Prove that it isn't a ritual.

FreshestSlice
Nathema is a stated ritual though. And he obviously didn't just powerblast the DC if he was able to keep one alive.

Sinious
Prove that it isn't a ritual.

lol this is like saying God exists cause I can't prove he doesn't.

The_Tempest
no expression

Sinious, I'mma slap you. The Dark Council was annihilated under unknown circumstances on a dark side nexus with Vitiate explicitly noted to have prior knowledge of their treacherous intentions and Vitiate has never ever ever displayed that sort of power elsewhere, especially in a combat scenario.

All of the available knowledge indicates a ritual or preparatory attack. Don't be silly.

carthage
Originally posted by The_Tempest
no expression

Sinious, I'mma slap you. The Dark Council was annihilated under unknown circumstances on a dark side nexus with Vitiate explicitly noted to have prior knowledge of their treacherous intentions and Vitiate has never ever ever displayed that sort of power elsewhere, especially in a combat scenario.

All of the available knowledge indicates a ritual or preparatory attack. Don't be silly.

thumb up

FreshestSlice
He's always "dead by all accounts", when "all accounts" refers to all the biological and cosmetic indicators of life. He was clearly playing possum bro.
Never stated. He wouldn't be able to feel pain if he was "dead by all accounts" at all times, and if he can't feel pain, he'd die.

Sinious
no expression

You can't even slap yourself. Don't try to contribute without knowing the argument buddy as it makes YOU look silly. wink

appletonia
Never stated. He wouldn't be able to feel pain if he was "dead by all accounts" at all times, and if he can't feel pain, he'd die.

You're blatantly trolling at this point, or being stubborn as hell.

He obviously has some link to his body which is where the pain derives from, but the fact remains that it's clearly established that on a purely biological level, he is already dead, and that is all that they verified on the Harbinger.

You have absolutely no argument at this point.

Selenial
lol this is like saying God exists cause I can't prove he doesn't.

No, it's like saying you can't use Blue Bannanas in an argument of which natural foods look cool. I can't disprove that they exist, you have no evidence that they do, so we disregard it.

You cannot prove it wasn't a ritual. It's more likely than not that it was a ritual, because that's how he did things.

It's all conjecture, so using it is futile.

Sinious
No, it's like saying you can't use Blue Bannanas in an argument of which natural foods look cool. I can't disprove that they exist, you have no evidence that they do, so we disregard it.

You cannot prove it wasn't a ritual. It's more likely than not that it was a ritual, because that's how he did things.

It's all conjecture, so using it is futile.

laughing out loud

You've shared your assumptions based on your emotional motivations thank you.

Now here are some facts:

- Vitiate's extremely powerful in the force.

- He decides to annihilate the Dark Council cause they are plotting.

- He is ready for them and is about to summon a force attack that he normally can't pull off(most likely) so he is prepped.

- He obliterates them.

Anything that you want to add here will be your own assumption. People have been ignoring this feat because there is info missing in context and now you want to add your own context and expect me to find it logical? Forgive me as I don't even take it seriously.

S_W_LeGenD
It shall be noted that:

1. The referred Dark Council related incident (involving Darth Lokess) occurred centuries before Revan's assassination attempt on the Emperor.
2. Emperor Vitiate continued to grow in power with passage of time.

Based on the aforementioned observations, it is possible or likely that Emperor Vitiate could pull off this mysterious attack/power without implied preparation at some point in the future.

The_Tempest
You can't even slap yourself.

http://persephonemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/chris-rock-huh-face.gif

Don't try to contribute without knowing the argument buddy as it makes YOU look silly. wink

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130307095115/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/4/40/Wtf2.gif

Your backhanded concession is accepted. thumb up

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
It shall be noted that:

1. The referred Dark Council related incident (involving Darth Lokess) occurred centuries before Revan's assassination attempt on the Emperor.
2. Emperor Vitiate continued to grow in power with passage of time.

Based on the aforementioned observations, it is possible or likely that Emperor Vitiate could pull off this mysterious attack/power without implied preparation at some point in the future.
Nah. You need a baseline to make such statements, and he obviously wasn't that powerful in the novel.

S_W_LeGenD
Nah. You need a baseline to make such statements, and he obviously wasn't that powerful in the novel.
Baseline -> evidence?

From Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia

Servants of the Hand share their Master's longevity, living untouched by age for centuries under his command. In return, the Emperor draws on his servant's strength in the Force and body to feed his ever-increasing power, leaving the servants withered and frail.

This statement confirms that Emperor Vitiate continued to increase in power with passage of time.

From Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan

A dozen bolts of purple lightning arced from the Emperor toward him. Revan tried to draw them in and contain them, but the Emperor was infinitely more powerful than Darth Nyriss had ever been.

In addition, after an investigation, Lord Scourge revealed to Revan and Meetra Surik that Emperor Vitiate summoned 9 members of the Dark Council to his chamber/throne room and slaughtered them all (The remaining members of the Dark Council were assassinated/eliminated via other means due to circumstances, one was killed by Revan himself). This event occurred some hours prior to second confrontation between Revan and Emperor Vitiate.

---

I believe that Emperor Vitiate could eliminate Revan easily. However, this did not happen due to PIS. The author wanted to tell a story and not make this battle anti-climatic to avoid shitstorm from fans. The battle was actually over when Emperor Vitiate unleashed a potent lightning storm on Revan, in a single attack. I also believe that this isn't the best Emperor Vitiate have in his arsenal.

AncientPower
Ignored the part where he would've been killed on the spot by a lightsaber throw if Surik had chosen otherwise.

FreshestSlice
Oh how I've missed you, LeGenD.

FreshestSlice
Ignored the part where he would've been killed on the spot by a lightsaber throw if Surik had chosen otherwise.
That was PIS. Of course with that fangirl personality, it might just be how Karpyshyn imagined her.

S_W_LeGenD
I don't see the relevance of this point with my point which is about power progression of Emperor Vitiate.

However, if the premise of your point is PIS, then your point is valid in this context. Meetra Surik got a chance to strike at Emperor Vitiate but she chose to save Revan instead, partly due to her Jedi mindset.

Selenial
- He is ready for them and is about to summon a force attack that he normally can't pull off

Doesn't matter if it was a ritual or a built up attack, it's something he can't do in a battle given the short amount of time he'd have and thus can't be used in a comparison.

TL;DR:

Selenial
You amuse me.

People love to forget that Vitiates showings in battle are pretty measely to be honest, outside of prep and rituals he really hasn't done much...

Nephthys
Well he did godstomp 4 of the most powerful Jedi in the TOR era and punk out Revan.

Selenial
Well he did godstomp 4 of the most powerful Jedi in the TOR era and punk out Revan.

Well again, they're supposedly the most battle hardened in The eyes of one guy. You want a solid team, you take Satele Shan, Dural, Barsen'thor, Syo Bakarn etcetera.

And yeh, a weakened Revan whilst in the heart of a Dark Side Nexus.

I remain unimpressed.

Nephthys
The eyes of one guy, SWTORE and the Act 2 Jedi Knight loading screen:

"With Grand Master Satele Shan's support, Master Braga assembles a strike team of the strongest and most resolute Jedi in the Order." - Swtore: Encyclopedia pg. 89

"Tol Braga is putting together a team of the most powerful Jedi in the Order (or something, I can't remember the exact wording)" - Swtor

Revan wasn't noted to be weakened and bluh bluh nexus.

Selenial
The eyes of one guy, SWTORE and the Act 2 Jedi Knight loading screen:

"With Grand Master Satele Shan's support, Master Braga assembles a strike team of the strongest and most resolute Jedi in the Order." - Swtore: Encyclopedia pg. 89

"Tol Braga is putting together a team of the most powerful Jedi in the Order (or something, I can't remember the exact wording)" - Swtor

Revan wasn't noted to be weakened and bluh bluh nexus.

L2English, "Of the strongest" just means picking out of a pool of strong people. For example, taking the best mathematicians in the country simply by looking at who did Maths at uni. Terrible example but you get it.

And really? He was drugged and "in a weakened state" for ages. Ever Ran a marathon? It's not the kind of thing you recover from overnight....

Nephthys
L2English, "Of the strongest" just means picking out of a pool of strong people. For example, taking the best mathematicians in the country simply by looking at who did Maths at uni. Terrible example but you get it.

And really? He was drugged and "in a weakened state" for ages. Ever Ran a marathon? It's not the kind of thing you recover from overnight....

Nah man, if they were just strong people they wouldn't be so verbally fellated. 3 different sources all call these guys among the greatest Jedi of the era. Braga says they're "a team of our best and brightest. Jedi who don't know the meaning of failure." The loading screen calls them 'the galaxies most powerful Jedi.' And Swtore calls them "the strongest and most resolute Jedi" of the Order. I'm not saying they're all the absolute best, the Barsen'thor is likely above all but the HoT and maybe Tol Braga, but they are certainly amongst the greatest in the Order. You're example is terrible, yes. If you recruited the best mathematicians in the country you'd pick the top men and women in the field, not those who did Maths ffs.

Yeah, but I don't have magic healing powers that let me recover from lightning in seconds and neutralize drugs and poison like Revan does.

FreshestSlice
I doubt anyone on that Team was more powerful than Revan at that moment.

Nephthys
HoT >

excellent

FreshestSlice
Debateable.

Selenial
Nah man, if they were just strong people they wouldn't be so verbally fellated. 3 different sources all call these guys among the greatest Jedi of the era. Braga says they're "a team of our best and brightest. Jedi who don't know the meaning of failure." The loading screen calls them 'the galaxies most powerful Jedi.' And Swtore calls them "the strongest and most resolute Jedi" of the Order. I'm not saying they're all the absolute best, the Barsen'thor is likely above all but the HoT and maybe Tol Braga, but they are certainly amongst the greatest in the Order. You're example is terrible, yes. If you recruited the best mathematicians in the country you'd pick the top men and women in the field, not those who did Maths ffs.

Yeah, but I don't have magic healing powers that let me recover from lightning in seconds and neutralize drugs and poison like Revan does.

Seeing as you're one of the avid debaters than ROTS Sidious being the most powerful Sith by quote, doesnt mean anything if Vitiate's feats outclass him....

I'm sure you'd be happy to provide me some feats from these so called Most powerful jedi.

Sinious
@ Selenial, I never said that he could do it without prep but for the last time the argument Im against is that Caedus can top Vitaite's prepped achievements so DC one-shoting is not irrelevant. Can you not read or something?

http://persephonemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/chris-rock-huh-face.gif

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130307095115/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/4/40/Wtf2.gif

laughing out loud

Dude seriously, the argument is that Darth Caedus is above PREPED Vitaite. So again,

Know what the debate is about first and then you can try to mock other people all you want.

Selenial
@ Selenial, I never said that he could do it without prep but for the last time the argument Im against is that Caedus can top Vitaite's prepped achievements so DC one-shoting is not irrelevant. Can you not read or something?

I already answered that, I said I don't care what the past debates you've had are, the current one is that apparently Caedus can't one shot a council, and thus loses.

Sinious
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD

I believe that Emperor Vitiate could eliminate Revan easily. However, this did not happen due to PIS. The author wanted to tell a story and not make this battle anti-climatic to avoid shitstorm from fans. The battle was actually over when Emperor Vitiate unleashed a potent lightning storm on Revan, in a single attack. I also believe that this isn't the best Emperor Vitiate have in his arsenal.

He actually did defeat Revan instantly.

He casually/carelessly sent 3 lightning bolts at Revan as he didnt feel in danger at all at that point. He realized that he underestimated Revan when Revan deflected the attack back at him. Vitiate decided to end it quickly there and his concentrated lightning broke Revan's defenses almost instantly. This one detail should hint Vitiate's capabilities in the force in combat as I think DE Sidious is the only other sith that could insta-break Revan's defenses like that.

Nephthys
Seeing as you're one of the avid debaters than ROTS Sidious being the most powerful Sith by quote, doesnt mean anything if Vitiate's feats outclass him....

I'm sure you'd be happy to provide me some feats from these so called Most powerful jedi.

Er, wat?

Warren used to be the greatest Jedi in the Order before his injuries. While he has diminished, I'm sure he's still a mighty fighter. And he's the Order's best infiltrations expert, has good telepathic abilities and telekinetic power (though he was amped in the latters case). Leeha Narezz was known as a Jedi who had never been defeated. And Tol Braga dueled a Dark Council member for several days before converting him to the Light, broke Vitiate's mind control independently (the only Jedi to ever do so) and gave the Hero of Tython a great fight right before they fought Vitiate. All of them fought through the defenses of Vitiate's fortress, one of the most well protected strongholds in the galaxy filled with Sith and Imperial Guardsmen.

But really you can't argue with those quotes imo.

Sinious
Apparently Caedus can't one shot a council, and thus loses.

And I've never claimed anything else. So I don't see what you are trying to prove here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.