Seven Silver Surfers/JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Ran across a versus on Comic Vine, JLA and Surfer. Obvious stomp thread.
Got me thinking though, what if the numbers were even.

Seven Surfers Vs DCnu JLA (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, GL Hal, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg).
No prep, no BFR.

riv6672
I can see you guys are clicking this, so, what?
Less Surfers?
5? 4? 3?
At what point can the JLA get the win over multiple Surfers?

Prof. T.C McAbe
6-7 Surfers are still possible to beat. The Problem I see is that they don't add anything to their versatility and teamwork. The JLA is a Team that worked together for years, they will fight smarter and once they figure out how to take one surfer out the rest will follow. If you would mix more heralds, Firelord, Silver Surfer, Terrax etc it would be harder, as their personalities and powers at least seem differen't.

riv6672
Maybe, but thats not really what i'm going for.
Just Surfers.
At most i'd be willing to mix it up with CarnageSurfer, QuantumBandSurfer, IGSurfer and regular Sufer for a team of 4.

I agree on the JLA having the better teamwork, of course, though in a running no prep battle sans BFR, putting to use whatever they might learn about the Surfers will be hard to do.

So, 7 Surfers. Or how many less till the JLA can win.

Zack Fair
I'm going with the first answer that comes to mind: The Surfers rape stomp.

riv6672
Fair enough.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by riv6672

So, 7 Surfers. Or how many less till the JLA can win.

Yeah 7's way too many, because only 4 of them can compete with Surfer Imho- Superman, Wonder Woman, GL & Flash.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Yeah 7's way too many, because only 4 of them can compete with Surfer Imho- Superman, Wonder Woman, GL & Flash.

Even Flash is iffy.

GL, a case can be made for Surfer absorbing/redrecting the energy.

Surfers win.

riv6672
The JLA also have the power set variation and team work though.
Just playing devil's advocate.

The thread that inspired this one was way more one sided, IMO.

Estacado
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
6-7 Surfers are still possible to beat. The Problem I see is that they don't add anything to their versatility and teamwork. The JLA is a Team that worked together for years, they will fight smarter and once they figure out how to take one surfer out the rest will follow. If you would mix more heralds, Firelord, Silver Surfer, Terrax etc it would be harder, as their personalities and powers at least seem differen't.
How the phuck will a team of Superman ,WW,Gl and Flash beat 6-7 Surfers?
The rest of the JLA gets 1 shoted.

riv6672
Cant speak for Prof; i think he logged off without providing a scenario.

janus77
Surfers stomp.

4 Surfers engage the JLA, 3 go about duplicating themselves and you end up with 10 Surfers vs the JLA.

Or 2 Surfers create shields (shields good enough to withstand The Hulk) and good enough to be used against Scrier (well, he had help, but 2 Surfers should be equivalent) and then the rest just create multiple boards with which to slice the JLA apart at FTL speeds.

carver9
Surfers stomps.

riv6672
I dont know why bit, i thought you might have come down in the JLA side when i saw you'd responded.
I think this headache's confusing me erm

krisblaze
Obviously the Surfer wins this, but I'm curious about something.

If the Flash is so fast that Thor/Surfer could never touch him.

How does 7 surfers win?

janus77
Originally posted by krisblaze
Obviously the Surfer wins this, but I'm curious about something.

If the Flash is so fast that Thor/Surfer could never touch him.

How does 7 surfers win?
Flash is obviously far too fast for Thor but Surfer is more or less his peer in speed.

Thor is basically Hulk speed.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by janus77
Flash is obviously far too fast for Thor but Surfer is more or less his peer in speed.

But Surfer isn't too fast for Thor.

Without Mjolnir, yes Thor is about as fast as Hulk. Which is still extremely fast, just not anywhere near enough to even begin to compete with Flash.

janus77
But Surfer isn't too fast for Thor.
In the same way that Flash isn't too fast for GL, in comics.

Surfer's abilities and in-character depictions when he really needs to be fast, show him doing 100x, maybe 100000x the speed of light.

He has the ability, just that he's fundamentally PIS/CIS driven when it comes to guys like Thor.

Just recall what he did to WorldMind & Nova, when he was working for Galactus.

Surfer is a speed peer of Flash (if not faster).

Without Mjolnir, yes Thor is about as fast as Hulk. Which is still extremely fast, just not anywhere near enough to even begin to compete with Flash.
yep, but even with Mjolnir, that's mostly (exclusively?) straight-line speed and still not anywhere close to Flash/Surfer speeds.

Insane Titan
SMH @ Proff again.

surfers win.

carver9

Surfer's abilities and in-character depictions when he really needs to be fast, show him doing 100x, maybe 100000x the speed of light.

He has the ability, just that he's fundamentally PIS/CIS driven when it comes to guys like Thor.

Just recall what he did to WorldMind & Nova, when he was working for Galactus.

yep, but even with Mjolnir, that's mostly (exclusively?) straight-line speed and still not anywhere close to Flash/Surfer speeds.

Surfer did move so fast against Nova that Nova thought he was hit by a blast. Now that's fast, especially when it comes to someone like Nova Prime commenting on your speed (someone who has achieved FTL via space).

DARTH POWER

I don't think so. Thor is supposed to have a power set legitimately above Classic Surfer's.

Well Surfer doesn't go faster than time itself as far as I'm aware.

Well even most of Surfer's high end feats are mostly travelling feats.

But Mjolnir can track on to opponents when Thor's flying with it (much like Surfer's board). And Thor has great reaction feats himself.

That added to things like Omni-Blasts means he is a threat to the likes of Surfer and/or Superman. Flash is just too fast though for Thor.

carver9
Well, Surfer has flown so fast that he went 50 yrs into the past.

carver9
Here is the scene i am referencing.

http://s118.photobucket.com/user/bigbran1/media/comic/SS_v3_131_14b.jpg.html
http://s118.photobucket.com/user/bigbran1/media/comic/SS_v3_131_15a.jpg.html
http://s118.photobucket.com/user/bigbran1/media/comic/SS_v3_131_16a.jpg.html
http://s118.photobucket.com/user/bigbran1/media/comic/SS_v3_131_18a.jpg.html

Rao Kal El

I think this is logical

So yeah Surfer's win and no you don't need to make them carnage surfer or anything like it, Normal Surfers will suffice

Rao Kal El

Traveling speed MAYBE

Reflexes NO!

celeyhyga17
Spite

janus77
Originally posted by carver9
Well, Surfer has flown so fast that he went 50 yrs into the past.
And, more importantly, he got laid! smokin'

One_Angry_Scot
The 7 glinting bastards win.

MF DELPH
I envision these 7 Surfers doing Ginyu Force and Power Rangers poses as they fight, so they might lose.

JLA 7/10.

janus77
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
The 7 glinting bastards win.
Ahh, I can almost taste the envy! Happy Dance

riv6672
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
I think this is logical

So yeah Surfer's win and no you don't need to make them carnage surfer or anything like it, Normal Surfers will suffice

Oh i know, i was being tongue in cheek, as the very first response tried to change the 7 Surfers into different heralds. I just want Surfers.

Stoic
The Surfer would be far too powerful. Each of them are capable of exceeding Superman's power levels. The JLA in this case have too many guys that wouldn't last an instant against a Surfer, and that means double teams are going to happen when Batman, Cyborg, and Aquaman are defeated. That would leave Hal, Superman, Wonder Woman, and the Flash. Bad match up.

riv6672
Again, fair enough.
The reverse was a bit stacked, too.

MF DELPH
I think a better match would be the JLA against all of the heralds of Galactus, but that's still a spite match. Surfer, Terrax, Morg, Airwalker, Firelord, Red Shift, and Stardust seems a bit more fair, though there's still some pretty significant mismatches outside of the Big 4 on the JLA side. At least you could see some casualties on both sides.

riv6672
Nope. Just Surfers, Though i'd like to see how that thread would go.

Stoic
Nope. Just Surfers, Though i'd like to see how that thread would go.

The Herald's of Galactus would still crush them. Batman Aquaman, and Cyborg are way out of their power class. Double teams would still occur, until only one JL member stood against 5 or 6 of the Heralds.

riv6672
Thats cool.

Just curious but, I cant remember, how many heralds has the big G had?

Sensui
Thats cool.

Just curious but, I cant remember, how many heralds has the big G had?

Here's a good list

http://torch.medinnus.com/images/HeraldsofGalactus_RichB.png

ares834
Surfers stomps here. 4 might be a good fight but 7 is absolute overkill.

riv6672
Thanks for the list, Sensui...!

Decimus
If everyones fights in character this scenario is total spite in favor of Norrin Radd. Surfer has consistently (even though it becomes arguable) within the boundary conditions of the top (three) high heralds with Superman and Flash. All three of those each have feats that transcend their tier. Four or more Surfers should be enough.

carver9
Huh?

riv6672
I consider it reverse spite, but yeah, i think Surfers win.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.