Thanos vs. V&V Despero

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KuRuPT Thanosi
who wins this fight?

carver9
Thanos wins. Also, Kurupt, Thanos will be fighting Hulk soon (it's official). Are you excited?

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
who wins this fight?

Thanos wins, but it won't be easy.

LordofBrooklyn
Despero wins!

He crushed a group of High Heralds in 2 panels physically.

DarkSaint85
Thanos was scared of a Superman analogue.

Despero crushed the real deal, plus his magical analogue at the same time.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Thanos was scared of a Superman analogue.

Despero crushed the real deal, plus his magical analogue at the same time.

Correct, sir!

Could the Emo Eggplant known as Thanos do this?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/AnubisGOD/DC%20II/847436508kh.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Random/ViceVirtue02.jpg

I say, NO!

And I now call out ANY Thanosi to dispute this fact!

Insane Titan
Thanos wins.

Sure Thanos could pull someone away of Supergirls power.

Knocking two characters heads together ,is justification for a win lol.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Thanos wins.

Sure Thanos could pull someone away of Supergirls power.

Knocking two characters heads together ,is justification for a win lol.

YES, because the actual FIGHT and the scans indicate only that.

Feel free to show Thanos dispatching of a group of comprable foes physically at ANY time.

riv6672
Despero, until Thanos starts acquiring power ups as the thread goes on.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
YES, because the actual FIGHT and the scans indicate only that.

Feel free to show Thanos dispatching of a group of comprable foes physically at ANY time. Thanos has never faced a group at once , all you have to do is look at what Thanos can handle attack wise from herald lvl characters and how easily he handles them.

You need to understand stacking cannon fodder doesn't count.

I can ask you the same type of logic, show me Despero standing up to blasts that sent Galactus fly hundreds of feat and through this ship.

Even though it's classed as non canon on here, Thanos easily mangled Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman and GL Kyle, that's just a idea of how Thanos would treat such a group on average

leonidas
even if he's not as strong (debatable) thanos still wins. too much fire power and durability.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by leonidas
even if he's not as strong (debatable) thanos still wins. too much fire power and durability.

To knock out

1) Superman
2) Captain Marvel
3) Wonder Woman
4) Power Girl
5) Hourman

In a few panels after they got the advantage of jumping on Despero simultaneously speaks to his power and speed in V&V.

iceman24567
Despero wins

Hyperion Prime
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/IMG_20140918_212320_499_zps96e12a27.jpg

Stoic
Thanos would kick his butt. Too many powers, and too tough to be Rick rolled like those top tiers were.

the Darkone
Thanos wins, Thanos is more powerful and vastly more versatile than Despero. Despero would give Thanos a good run, until Thanos takes off his glove and give Despero the pimp hand.

riv6672
So you're saying Thanos is more powerful than those 5 heroes combined?
I really doubt that.

Stoic
Originally posted by riv6672
So you're saying Thanos is more powerful than those 5 heroes combined?
I really doubt that.

What makes you believe that he isn't more powerful than Despero? Look at what Lord Mar-Vell did to the cadre of Herald level characters. And then look at how easily Thanos was handling Lord Marvell. With Mar-Vell's showing against the group that he was punking, it could be said that he would just as easily deal with the group that Despero did as well. Not to mention that it has taken less to take Despero down. One showing can go several ways, which also includes statements to raise certain characters stock. Here's a hint... Gladiator.

Which one of those characters that Despero trashed are capable of taking multiple hits from a Cosmic Cube and getting back up? Judging by the damage they took in that particular instance, none of them come to mind.

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

Golgo13
Despero.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Despero wins but he will have a fight. Physically he is above Thanos, energywise Thanos should top him. Thanos has the better energysoak, Despero the better blunt force durability.

riv6672
Originally posted by Stoic
What makes you believe that he isn't more powerful than Despero? Look at what Lord Mar-Vell did to the cadre of Herald level characters. And then look at how easily Thanos was handling Lord Marvell. With Mar-Vell's showing against the group that he was punking, it could be said that he would just as easily deal with the group that Despero did as well. Not to mention that it has taken less to take Despero down. One showing can go several ways, which also includes statements to raise certain characters stock. Here's a hint... Gladiator.

Which one of those characters that Despero trashed are capable of taking multiple hits from a Cosmic Cube and getting back up? Judging by the damage they took in that particular instance, none of them come to mind.

I see where you're coming from.
Sadly, Despero isnt the pet of a big name writer, like Thanos is, so his feats are few and far between.

My point is really, Despero was owning Superman in those scans.
One, i believe Superman could take those cosmic cube hits, and two, i believe Superman/Thanos is a good fight on its own.
So, Despero while not having Thanos' power set, is hardly outclassed in this fight.

Insane Titan
Sadly, Despero isnt the pet of a big name writer, like Thanos is, so his feats are few and far between.

One, i believe Superman could take those cosmic cube hits, and two, i believe Superman/Thanos is a good fight on its own.
So, Despero while not having Thanos' power set, is hardly outclassed in this fight. talks nonsense and hasn't read any comics featuring Thanos in.

Stoic
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Despero wins but he will have a fight. Physically he is above Thanos, energywise Thanos should top him. Thanos has the better energysoak, Despero the better blunt force durability.

No he doesn't Despero is less durable in all areas, his energy projection is inferior, his intellect is inferior, he isn't a cosmic Avatar favored by an Abstract being, he would have little effect on Thanos' mind when you consider what Thanos' mind has been through, and how even when being dichotomized, had the ability to remain relevant, and survive the experience. Despero isn't hitting as hard as Odin, Tyrant, Galactus, Omega, a Cosmic Cube, or IG Magus. Despero's magical abilities are inferior as well, as his ability to heal himself. I've always read you sticking with the versatility argument... Well it's time that you remembered what drives many of your arguments. Thanos is superior in every way.

So, Despero while not having Thanos' power set, is hardly outclassed in this fight.

Thanos would turn Despero into salt brother. This isn't a fight, it's a slaughter.

Bentley
I agree with Leo, people are selling Thanos a bit short here.

Thanos is no Powergirl and his energy power output is more impressive than anything Despero tanked in that comicbook. Overall Thanos is more impressive and more complete of a fighter.

riv6672

Thanos would turn Despero into salt brother. This isn't a fight, it's a slaughter.

No worries, we cant agree on everything...thumb up

Stoic
No worries, we cant agree on everything...thumb up

That's cool, but Despero would have about as much chance of beating Thanos as he would of beating Darkseid. None. He'd wreck Mongul for sure, but Thanos is a different creature altogether. Okay, look at how easily Thanos took out the Silver Surfer, who would be just as powerful as any of those characters that Despero took out. The Surfer wasn't able to so much as make Thanos flinch with his power output. I understand that Despero has a very limited amount of showings that showcase his full abilities, but the ones that he does have, simply aren't enough to raise his stock to the point of beating guys in Thanos' power class.

You have to look at what Thanos can actually do. I could literally see Thanos smiling at Despero, as he transmutes his molecules, and turns him into salt, sand, or some other material that would kill him.

DarkSaint85
Is Thanos, like, the Marvel version of KMC Superman?

riv6672
Ha, you're just getting that? laughing out loud

Estacado
Thanos.

Diesldude
Have to go with Thanos as long as he doesn't make it a fist fight.

riv6672
That might just be Thanos' plan.

Till he gets punched in the mouth.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Diesldude
Have to go with Thanos as long as he doesn't make it a fist fight. yeah because Thanos can't fist fight or take hits to the face right? Lol.

Estacado
If Hawkman can knock Despero's teeth out imagine what Thanos will do...biscuits

riv6672
Since they're roughly even in strength...get his own teeth knocked down his throat, most likely. smile

the Darkone
Thanos being a Eternal he can amp his strength at will if need be, Thanos is too powerful and versatile and Thanos is vastly smart.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Are people also forgetting how easily Superman took at Despero with HV? It was painfully easy. That would never happen to Thanos... .nor is Superman's HV as powerful as what Thanos can produce.

DarkRaiden
Thanos quite easily.

Estacado
Are people also forgetting how easily Superman took at Despero with HV? It was painfully easy. That would never happen to Thanos... .nor is Superman's HV as powerful as what Thanos can produce.
That's only brought up when Superman and Despero are in a vs fight.
Otherwise it doesnt count.biscuits

riv6672
LOL!!!

h1a8
No he doesn't Despero is less durable in all areas, his energy projection is inferior, his intellect is inferior, he isn't a cosmic Avatar favored by an Abstract being, he would have little effect on Thanos' mind when you consider what Thanos' mind has been through, and how even when being dichotomized, had the ability to remain relevant, and survive the experience. Despero isn't hitting as hard as Odin, Tyrant, Galactus, Omega, a Cosmic Cube, or IG Magus. Despero's magical abilities are inferior as well, as his ability to heal himself. I've always read you sticking with the versatility argument... Well it's time that you remembered what drives many of your arguments. Thanos is superior in every way.

Thanos would turn Despero into salt brother. This isn't a fight, it's a slaughter. Despero is vastly stronger. Thanos can be easily hurt by high herald level blunt force. Thanos never no sold a high herald blunt attack. Despero is superior in blunt force durability and strength. Thanos will have an advantage in energy projection, versatility and tactics. So this is a good fight.

I believe Despero wins because his strength and durability trumps Thanos advantages IMO.

riv6672
Thats what i've been trying to get across/based my choice on.

h1a8
That's cool, but Despero would have about as much chance of beating Thanos as he would of beating Darkseid. None. He'd wreck Mongul for sure, but Thanos is a different creature altogether. Okay, look at how easily Thanos took out the Silver Surfer, who would be just as powerful as any of those characters that Despero took out. The Surfer wasn't able to so much as make Thanos flinch with his power output. I understand that Despero has a very limited amount of showings that showcase his full abilities, but the ones that he does have, simply aren't enough to raise his stock to the point of beating guys in Thanos' power class.

You have to look at what Thanos can actually do. I could literally see Thanos smiling at Despero, as he transmutes his molecules, and turns him into salt, sand, or some other material that would kill him. Thanos can't transmute a trans being. Durability automatically grants resistance to transmutation. No limits fallacy here. Despero can simply knock Thanos out in a few blows. Ever think about that?

the Darkone
Thanos is vastly superior in every category, Thanos is leagues above despero. Thanos rats herald and trans level beings lunch

DTM
Thanos is vastly superior to a being who fought Superman, Capt Marvel, Wonder Woman, Power Girl and Hourman to a standstill? Nah, not happening. Thanos MIGHT win, he MIGHT lose, but neither combatant here is vastly superior to the other here.

Golgo13
Originally posted by DTM
Thanos is vastly superior to a being who fought Superman, Capt Marvel, Wonder Woman, Power Girl and Hourman to a standstill? Nah, not happening. Thanos MIGHT win, he MIGHT lose, but neither combatant here is vastly superior to the other here.

Not to mention Despero lifted the Rock of Eternity, which was stated to have infinite weight.

riv6672
thumb up at last two posts.
These are things being overlooked.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by h1a8
Despero is vastly stronger. Thanos can be easily hurt by high herald level blunt force. Thanos never no sold a high herald blunt attack. Despero is superior in blunt force durability and strength. Thanos will have an advantage in energy projection, versatility and tactics. So this is a good fight.

I believe Despero wins because his strength and durability trumps Thanos advantages IMO. same old nonsenseOriginally posted by h1a8
Thanos can't transmute a trans being. Durability automatically grants resistance to transmutation. No limits fallacy here. Despero can simply knock Thanos out in a few blows. Ever think about that? care to back up the fact he can ko Thanos in a few blows.Originally posted by Golgo13
Not to mention Despero lifted the Rock of Eternity, which was stated to have infinite weight. the rock of eternity doesn't fight back

carver9
Despero wins

Insane Titan
Lol at sad carvers trolling , he gave Thanos the win on the first page.

tkitna
I see nothing in those scans that Thanos couldn't do. I take the Titan although he would work for it.

riv6672
I can agree with it being a good fight either way.
In typical fashion if facts/conjecture/universe to universe comparisons for one side are completely ignored, then meaningful debate becomes a crapshoot.

Stoic
Despero is vastly stronger. Thanos can be easily hurt by high herald level blunt force. Thanos never no sold a high herald blunt attack. Despero is superior in blunt force durability and strength. Thanos will have an advantage in energy projection, versatility and tactics. So this is a good fight.

I believe Despero wins because his strength and durability trumps Thanos advantages IMO.

Despero did not no sell high Herald hits either. Put your glasses on. Thanos has been hit by forces far above the Herald class. He took both physical and energetic attacks from a Cosmic Cube, several times. This is not limited to a slug fest, this is what would happen if they both fought using all of their powers. Thanos would transmute Despero the moment the fight began Period.

Thanos can't transmute a trans being. Durability automatically grants resistance to transmutation. No limits fallacy here. Despero can simply knock Thanos out in a few blows. Ever think about that?

Why can't he automatically transmute Despero? Starro automatically cut his ugly head off. Did his stature stop that? Is he made of molecules? Most of your arguments make no sense. This one is no different. And Lol at the no limits fallacy fallacy tactic. Retreat when in doubt huh? You don't need to have infinite power to defeat Despero, you only need to be more powerful, and Thanos is more powerful, and more versatile by far. I've pretty much began to ignore this no limits fallacy BS that people launch as some sort of dummy prop to somehow strengthen their weak arguments.

Originally posted by Golgo13
Not to mention Despero lifted the Rock of Eternity, which was stated to have infinite weight.

What does the ROE have to do with anything? Did that stop him from getting beaten by Superman? Did Superman's Spectre lifting feat help him when he was being beaten along with the rest of that crew by Despero? I can say Not To Mention Thanos being punched in the face by Magus with the IG, and not being KO'd as well (which happens to be a blunt force durability feat), or taking heat from Odin that would haave killed Despero, or surviving Tyrant, Galactus, and Omega.

Thanos is vastly superior to Despero. Have you taken time to write down their abilities side by side? You want to do that now?

Despero
Massive superhuman strength, and durability, mass manipulation, genius intelligence, psionic powers via third eye (mind control, illusions, telekinesis, and telepathy), exhibits super speed reactions.

Thanos
Enormous superhuman strength, telepathy, high durability, exhibits super speed reactions, mysticism, cosmic energy manipulation (ability to absorb and project vast quantities of cosmic energy), molecular transmutation, healing factor, super genius intelligence, teleportation, force cube technology, telekinesis, longevity, accomplished hand-to-hand combatant, and power bestowed by the abstract entity Death.

Despero is powerful, but he is lacking. He is one step down from Thanos, and Darkseid, and in a forum where they both use their full abilities, Thanos or Darkseid would destroy Despero quickly.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Golgo13

He did that? Ok we can say now at least that he is stronger, physically, by feat than Thanos.

krisblaze
Seriously guys, you didn't even take time to write down their abilities side by side!

lmfao

riv6672
He did that? Ok we can say now at least that he is stronger, physically, by feat than Thanos.
You are so going to get black listed for that, even though you're right.

Stoic
Originally posted by krisblaze
Seriously guys, you didn't even take time to write down their abilities side by side!

lmfao

Isn't that what you normally argue when stating that Thor would always defeat the Hulk due to his lack of versatility? If hypocrisy is your best argument, I believe that you may be in need of some more ammo. So yeah LYAO, I'm right there with you.

riv6672
Well, Despero has a more varied power set than Hulk. He's not just strong.
He just happens to be stronger than Thanos.

Stoic
You are so going to get black listed for that, even though you're right.

How is he right? if we go by this type of logic, Hyperion should be vastly stronger than Thanos, and he should have beaten the Cabal, all by himself. This isn't what was shown on panel though.

krisblaze
Isn't that what you normally argue when stating that Thor would always defeat the Hulk due to his lack of versatility? If hypocrisy is your best argument, I believe that you may be in need of some more ammo. So yeah LYAO, I'm right there with you.

No it's generally the fact that he's overpowered smile

I think Thanos wins, but the fact that he has MORE POWERS WRITTEN ON TEH INTERNET WIKIPEDIAZ is no why.

Estacado

I think Thanos wins, .
Glad your usin your super science for good.uhuh

Prof. T.C McAbe
Despero:

Magic based, through the Flames of Py'tar
Astral Projection: increasing his telepathic abilities.
Possession: can possess any living being
Ability to increase his mass

Standard:
Superhuman Intelligence
Superhuman Strength
Superhuman Speed & Reflexes
Superhuman Stamina
Superhuman Durability
HF
Mind Control
Telepathy: surpassing those of the Martian Manhunter
Telekinesis
Flight
Force Field
Energy Projection: blasts from his third eye
Illusion Casting
Teleportation
Tactical Analysis

Thanos:

Superhuman Intelligence
Superhuman Strength
Superhuman Stamina
Superhuman Durability
Immortality
HF
Mind Control
Telepathy
Force Field
Energy Projection, blasts from Hands, Eyes and Ass
Matter Manipulation
Teleportation
Tactical Analysis

riv6672
How is he right? if we go by this type of logic, Hyperion should be vastly stronger than Thanos, and he should have beaten the Cabal, all by himself. This isn't what was shown on panel though.

I'll have to go with Krisblaze's response on this one.

No it's generally the fact that he's overpowered smile

I think Thanos wins, but the fact that he has MORE POWERS WRITTEN ON TEH INTERNET WIKIPEDIAZ is no why.

Insane Titan
Despero:

Magic based, through the Flames of Py'tar
Astral Projection: increasing his telepathic abilities.
Possession: can possess any living being
Ability to increase his mass

Standard:
Superhuman Intelligence
Superhuman Strength
Superhuman Stamina
Superhuman Durability
HF
Mind Control
Telepathy: surpassing those of the Martian Manhunter
Telekinesis
Flight
Force Field
Energy Projection: blasts from his third eye
Illusion Casting
Teleportation
Tactical Analysis

Thanos:

Superhuman Intelligence
Superhuman Strength
Superhuman Stamina
Superhuman Durability
Immortality
HF
Mind Control
Telepathy
Force Field
Energy Projection, blasts from Hands, Eyes and Ass
Matter Manipulation
Teleportation
Tactical Analysis way to go leaving out loads of Thanos stuff, desperate.

Stoic
Well, Despero has a more varied power set than Hulk. He's not just strong.
He just happens to be stronger than Thanos.

What do you base this off of? Thanos has never been portrayed as the, I'm going to pick up a mountain for LULZ, and likely never will. This does not mean that he is incapable of doing this. How strong would he be if he is able to punch the Surfer into a casket? What about Beta Ray Bill? You have to come up with something more than the ROE to make a claim that Despero is stronger than Thanos. If durability is any sign of his strength, Thanos is stronger than Despero. Do you see Despero staying awake after being hit by a Cosmic Cube? How about taking a beating from Odin, and refusing to stay down? Do you believe that Despero would survive the assault that Odin put on Thanos? What about Tyrant, a Galactus level threat? Or Omega who is even more powerful than Galactus?

People feed in to h1a8's nonsense about blunt force durability versus energy durability. They both have physical effects. Kinetic energy, is still energy, and honestly, having the ability to survive the explosion of a star the size that Thanos survived, is more than anything that Despero has shown to dish. Is that too much space cheese in terms of feats for you? If so let's also move away from the ROE feat. After all, we can always go back to his combat feats against an elite Sky Father and above characters. Thanos was hit in the face, by the Magus. the Magus had the Infinity Gauntlet on. Is that blunt force durability, or energy durability? he was also weaker when he took that hit than he was at the end of that very arc (having absorbed his doppelganger and all). What type of feat is that? I mean the Magus IG feat.

Prof. T.C McAbe
way to go leaving out loads of Thanos stuff, desperate.
This was out of my mind, you are free to expand it, if you know something i left out. The only thing I could think of would be the favour of mistress death which is not so big anymore as far as i know.

Estacado
way to go leaving out loads of Thanos stuff, desperate.
thumb up

And off course mentioning powers Bulky Despero never used and d1ckridin every ability off his.

Despero has "amazing telepathy" while Thanos has telepathy....haermm

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Estacado
thumb up

And off course mentioning powers Bulky Despero never used and d1ckridin every ability off his.

Despero has "amazing telepathy" while Thanos has telepathy....haermm

Someone asked about their powers, I listed those I know they have. Be constructive and add Powers to Thanos as you see fit.

As for the Telepathy, you are free to add to Thanos a telepath he surprasses. Instead of crying foul you could be for once helpful and give some input^^.

krisblaze
Telepathy includes mind control and illusion casting. You don't need to list all of those.

You can also shorten down the list by simply adding "superhuman physique" instead of writing every aspect of their physique.

Stoic
How well did he heal from having his head cut off? he can not possess any being being. If so why wasn't he able to possess Starro? Is he stronger than Odin? We know that Odin can slap a herald out with a flick of his wrist. He couldn't KO Thanos, and he was doing much more than flicking his wrist. it's comical seeing people bring up the No fallacy fallacy tactic, but then proceed to showcase the ROE feat that highlights the tactic. There is no way in hell, that Despero can hit harder than the Magus with the Infinity Gauntlet. Zero chance.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Odin used blats against Thanos, energy attacks, Thanos has a great durability against those.
Telepathy includes mind control and illusion casting. You don't need to list all of those.

You can also shorten down the list by simply adding "superhuman physique" instead of writing every aspect of their physique.

Oh I disagree. Telepathy is a borad term and doesn't include every power your mind could have.

Superhuman physique can be differen't from being to being, some have just Strength and Durability but lack the Speed.

krisblaze
Odin used blats against Thanos, energy attacks, Thanos has a great durability against those.

Oh I disagree. Telepathy is a borad term and doesn't include every power your mind could have.

Superhuman physique can be differen't from being to being, some have just Strength and Durability but lack the Speed.

They have mind control and illusion casting through telepathy.

In this case they all have speed, strength and durability.

riv6672
What do you base this off of? Thanos has never been portrayed as the, I'm going to pick up a mountain for LULZ, and likely never will.
Thats a LOT of text, so please dont think i didnt read it. I just choose to concentrate a short answer to your initial statement...

I base it off the fact that Thanos has way more appearances and feats than Despero on which you (Thanos supporters in this thread) can draw from. So, low balling or outright disregarding One of Despero's bigger feats (and you're right, Thanos has never picked up a mountain, much less held up a mountain range like Hulk did, much less less held up a Mystical mountain usually suspended in space and time made of stone from both heaven and hell), a feat that puts his strength in the opinions of many posters here at above Thanos', seems kind of sketchy to me.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Estacado
thumb up

Despero has "amazing telepathy" while Thanos has telepathy....haermm yeah true.

He left out on purpose

Thanos has displayed

TK
Casting illusions
His power is a mix of cosmic and death/accult magic.
Can fire various forms of energy (gamma etc)
Omnidirectional blasts plus EP from eyes and hands at same time
Matter manip

Prof. T.C McAbe
^I can't even guess what is wrong with you. I didn't left out anything on purpose. Thanks for expanding. Originally posted by krisblaze
They have mind control and illusion casting through telepathy.

In this case they all have speed, strength and durability.

See this is where we are not on the same level. They have common traits, right but they are still different. So I did what someone implied and posted a more accurate list of powers, I took my example from stoic. Now would be the time to determine where each one of them is superior.

For example, both have Superhuman strength, by feats Dspero is stronger.
Both have energy projection, by feats Thanos is superior.

krisblaze
yeah true.

He left out on purpose

Thanos has displayed

TK
Casting illusions
His power is a mix of cosmic and death/accult magic.
Can fire various forms of energy (gamma etc)
Omnidirectional blasts plus EP from eyes and hands at same time
Matter manip
Matter Manipulation was mentioned.
Same with energy projection...

Casting illusions? That was just stupid to add in the first place, he wrote 'telepathy'.

Did you want it to say
Water manipulation
Fire manipulation
Energy projection in straight line
Energy projection in circle
Energy projection in curve
Energy projection in loop
Read thoughts
Arrange memories
Psibolts
and on and on?

Telepathy
Telekinesis
Teleportation
Energy Absorption and control
Matter manipulation
Supehuman physique
Immortality
Superhuman intelligence

These are his abilities, and even some of these are redundant.

I don't understand why you, Stoic, McAbe and some other people feel that it's some sort of competition? You're not swaying any votes to and fro by listing more powers stick out tongue

riv6672
Haha

Insane Titan
^I can't even guess what is wrong with you. I didn't left out anything on purpose. Thanks for expanding.

See this is where we are not on the same level. They have common traits, right but they are still different. So I did what someone implied and posted a more accurate list of powers, I took my example from stoic. Now would be the time to determine where each one of them is superior.

For example, both have Superhuman strength, by feats Dspero is stronger.
Both have energy projection, by feats Thanos is superior. you left them out on purpose to lowball Thanos and try and make him look inferior.

It's your act in every Thanos thread whilst trying to be a nice guy and innocent about it, give it up it doesn't suit you.

Insane Titan

Casting illusions? That was just stupid to add in the first place, he wrote 'telepathy'.

Did you want it to say
Water manipulation
Fire manipulation
Read thoughts
Arrange memories
Psibolts
and on and on?

Telepathy
Telekinesis
Teleportation
Matter manipulation
Supehuman physique
Immortality
Superhuman intelligence

I don't understand why you, Stoic, McAbe and some other people feel that it's some sort of competition? You're not swaying any votes to and fro by listing more powers stick out tongue I was correcting someone , if it's not swaying you don't comment on it.

Prof. T.C McAbe

Did you want it to say
Water manipulation
Fire manipulation
Read thoughts
Arrange memories
Psibolts
and on and on?

Telepathy
Telekinesis
Teleportation
Matter manipulation
Supehuman physique
Immortality
Superhuman intelligence

I don't understand why you, Stoic, McAbe and some other people feel that it's some sort of competition? You're not swaying any votes to and fro by listing more powers stick out tongue

I know where you coming from but my list made more sense tbh. Still you need to split the "superhuman" physique" into parts, else you will have the all on the same level which is BS.

So to be precise, the only bad thing I did was giving both the

Superhuman Strength
Superhuman Stamina
Superhuman Durability

instead of Superhuman physique

and

Mind Control
Telepathy
(illusions for Despero)

Instead of Telepathy?

Burn me! facepalm

you left them out on purpose to lowball Thanos and try and make him look inferior.

It's your act in every Thanos thread whilst trying to be a nice guy and innocent about it, give it up it doesn't suit you.

I know better what I do, sorry. Read all my posts, I give Thanos the win in the energy department.

I try to be nice indeed, even if it is hard with people like you, I will continue to behave like I do in RL because I don't want to end like some other people ^^.

Insane Titan
I know where you coming from but my list made more sense tbh. Still you need to split the "superhuman" physique" into parts, else you will have the all on the same level which is BS.

So to be precise, the only bad thing I did was giving both the

Superhuman Strength
Superhuman Stamina
Superhuman Durability

instead of Superhuman physique

and

Mind Control
Telepathy
(illusions for Despero)

Instead of Telepathy?

Burn me! facepalm

I know better what I do, sorry. Read all my posts, I give Thanos the win in the energy department.

I try to be nice indeed, even if it is hard with people like you, I will continue to behave like I do in RL because I don't want to end like some other people ^^. congrats you give the win in one department *golf clap*

Haha stop with the bullshit, I for one know what you're like after what you've said to me.

Being fake is sad.

riv6672

I try to be nice indeed, even if it is hard with people like you, I will continue to behave like I do in RL because I don't want to end like some other people ^^.

Wise words on behavior. thumb up

Prof. T.C McAbe
congrats you give the win in one department *golf clap*

Haha stop with the bullshit, I for one know what you're like after what you've said to me.

Being fake is sad.

So, according to the folks here there are three departments, physical, energy and mental, I gave him the win in one. Well that is something isn't it?

It is not BS. I am a very nice guy in RL. It is hard to be so on the internet where people behave very aggressive, something you are not used to in reality and it takes time to get adjusted to this and take it for what it's worth.

I am not fake, I don't need to. I made a decision, treat people on the net like you treat them in RL, don't go down to the same level even if it's onyl for the lulz.

You can stay the way you are, it really doesn't matter to me^^.

riv6672
So, according to the folks here there are three departments, physical, energy and mental, I gave him the win in one. Well that is something isn't it?

It is not BS. I am a very nice guy in RL. It is hard to be so on the internet where people behave very aggressive, something you are not used to in reality and it takes time to get adjusted to this and take it for what it's worth.

I am not fake, I don't need to. I made a decision, treat people on the net like you treat them in RL, don't go down to the same level even if it's onyl for the lulz.

You can stay the way you are, it really doesn't matter to me^^.

The way fanboys are here is the way they cant be in RL.
They get their frustrations out online.

Anyhow, some posters arent satisfied unless their character dominates in every aspect. Yesterday i gave the strength and damage soak edge to one character and got bitched at because an edge wasnt enough, it had to be overwhelming.

You have to laugh.

Prof. T.C McAbe

Anyhow, some posters arent satisfied unless their character dominates in every aspect. Yesterday i gave the strength and damage soak edge to one character and got bitched at because an edge wasnt enough, it had to be overwhelming.

You have to laugh.

That's true. Actually it is even sad, first those are only comics, our opion doesn't matter anything, the writers do whatever they want. Second, it's even more sad if you realise that the people behave here like they really are or want to be, something they would never dare in real life, because there they have to be nice and civil, which means they are living fake lifes, surpressing their hate and rage. We are living in a world full of potential psychopaths ^^.

And yes it is even kind of funny ^^.

Insane Titan

You can stay the way you are, it really doesn't matter to me^^. lol spout your fake nice guy bs all you want. It's not aggressive it just the truth , you simply can't handle it because it hurts you.

I'd rather be my way than a phoney coward.

krisblaze
I don't think that's true at all..

You're not even allowed to use racial or homophobic slurs here, how's that supposed to be a way to get out frustration?

I think it's more the case of this being the only place where people are actually willing to dedicate time to discuss who'd win between hero x and hero y stick out tongue

Prof. T.C McAbe
lol spout your fake nice guy bs all you want. It's not aggressive it just the truth , you simply can't handle it because it hurts you.

I'd rather be my way than a phoney coward.

Something you have to realise, you can't hurt me because you are meaningless in my life, as soon as I log off you are not existant anymore. I hope this is true for you inet personality as well. ^^

I know you are angry, sad and have a hard time, I pity you, I would do so too if we were friends in RL. So I take no offense in your attempt wink.

You get a hug from me, you little bully you hug

riv6672
That's true. Actually it is even sad, first those are only comics, our opion doesn't matter anything, the writers do whatever they want. Second, it's even more sad if you realise that the people behave here like they really are or want to be, something they would never dare in real life, because there they have to be nice and civil, which means they are living fake lifes, surpressing their hate and rage. We are living in a world full of potential psychopaths ^^.

And yes it is even kind of funny ^^.

Glad i'm not alone on that!

I don't think that's true at all..

You're not even allowed to use racial or homophobic slurs here, how's that supposed to be a way to get out frustration?

I think it's more the case of this being the only place where people are actually willing to dedicate time to discuss who'd win between hero x and hero y stick out tongue

I'm not even going to point out how sad it is you saying a way to get our your frustration is to use racial and homophobic slurs, considering i've already reported you for doing one of those to me...laughing

Insane Titan
Something you have to realise, you can't hurt me because you are meaningless in my life, as soon as I log off you are not existant anymore. I hope this is true for you inet personality as well. ^^

I know you are angry, sad and have a hard time, I pity you, I would do so too if we were friends in RL. So I take no offense in your attempt wink.

You get a hug from me, you little bully you hug don't have to try and hurt you, the truth already does.

Nah I'm not angry or sad in fact I'm happy with everything. Mates in RL! Haha as if, I don't deal with fake people.

Lol at you victim card again, come back when I mock you about your fathers death and been a pole bearer , saying I pity you and you're pathetic.....oh wait you did (and you say I act tough gtfo)

Prof. T.C McAbe

Insane Titan

riv6672
So, we're all agreed.

Despero wins.

CadenceV2
Thanos. Be a good fight though.

Also anyone show me Desparo tanking hits of anyone Sky Father level like how Odin and Silver Surfer at the same time, let me know. The guy is so tough he can control his own molecules. He fought Tyrant, a being that manhandeled multiple Heralds of Galactus. Do not see Desparo beating that. Even in a TP battle Thanos is comparable to the top tiers of Marvel's mental power characters.

riv6672
To that i can only say, show me Despero getting felled by same.

This is a versus between two different companies. Allowances should be made, as things dont line up exactly.
But no allowances will be made.
Considering even when both characters are from the same universe, posters are still going to low ball the characters they dont like, against the exact same attacks.

Estacado
Originally posted by CadenceV2

Also anyone show me Desparo tanking hits of anyone Sky Father level like how Odin and Silver Surfer at the same time, let me know. The guy is so tough he can control his own molecules. He fought Tyrant, a being that manhandeled multiple Heralds of Galactus. Do not see Desparo beating that. Even in a TP battle Thanos is comparable to the top tiers of Marvel's mental power characters.
thumb up
Thanos best>>Despero's best.
Despero also has worse low showing then Thanos.
Starro cutting his head off,Superman one shoting him with HV,Aquaman phucking him up...etc..

krisblaze
I'm not even going to point out how sad it is you saying a way to get our your frustration is to use racial and homophobic slurs, considering i've already reported you for doing one of those to me...laughing
I'm just saying that this isn't exactly an arena for the things you can't say in RL stick out tongue

I think it's more about this being a place where people of similar interests gather, not a place to vent anger.

From what I've seen, people with pent up rage generally need more release than veiled pot-shots and downplaying someone else's favourite comic-book character.

carver9

zeel
thanos wins.

riv6672
I'm just saying that this isn't exactly an arena for the things you can't say in RL stick out tongue

ha, yeah, and yet you still do it.

I think it's more about this being a place where people of similar interests gather, not a place to vent anger.

Ha, yeah, and yet you still do it.

From what I've seen, people with pent up rage generally need more release than veiled pot-shots and downplaying someone else's favourite comic-book character.

ha, yeah, which is why you do the above.

laughing out loud

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by carver9
He doesn't have friends. He can't have any with the way he is unless they are the same way, overly aggressive. Never met anyone online like him. The guy is never happy. There's no middle ground with him..9 times out of 10 he is fussing with someone on this site and the people he get along with...well, I can't think of any minus 1 or 2 and they are just as aggressive as he is.

The moral of my story is, please do not hang out with him if he comes in your area. You will not have a good time, at all. It's obvious something is going on with him mentally.
Choo talkin bout? I get along with him..

Insane Titan
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Choo talkin bout? I get along with him.. carvers just upset because every time we go at it I expose his lies, lowballing and leaving context out. He then runs and hides whilst acting I'm on ignore yet comments about me constantly.

Philosophía
. .nor is Superman's HV as powerful as what Thanos can produce. Are you willing to bet Thanos' reputation on that?

I'll put this out there:
Superman's heat vision showings match and surpass anything Thanos has ever done.

Put this under the battlezone challenges Thanos fans run away from. smile

tkitna
Just throwing my 2 cents in on the subject of strength feats. I hate when people throw out on panel strength feats as a deciding factor on who wins between characters. For example, Thanos and Sentry don't have a lot of on panel strength feats, but yet they hang or beat characters that do like Hulk, Thor, etc,,,. Since they don't have documented strength feats like lifting objects and so forth, do we assume they are weaker then characters they have beaten or battled before?

Thor lifted the Midgard Serpent so he must be stronger then Thanos right?

krisblaze

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Is Thanos, like, the Marvel version of KMC Superman?

NO .

And don't EVER make this comparison again!

EVER !

h1a8
Originally posted by CadenceV2

he tanks energy projection well but not blunt force. Despero would physically beat Thanos to a bloody purple pulp. Stop equating energy projection with blunt force. He fought a tyrant with his sphere and would have gotten killed if he didn't run away. Superman could've done what Thanos did. Probably would have performed better too.

tkitna
he tanks energy projection well but not blunt force. Despero would physically beat Thanos to a bloody purple pulp. Stop equating energy projection with blunt force. He fought a tyrant with his sphere and would have gotten killed if he didn't run away. Superman could've done what Thanos did. Probably would have performed better too.

So now Thanos has low durability to blunt force. laughing

h1a8
What do you base this off of? Thanos has never been portrayed as the, I'm going to pick up a mountain for LULZ, and likely never will. This does not mean that he is incapable of doing this. How strong would he be if he is able to punch the Surfer into a casket? What about Beta Ray Bill? You have to come up with something more than the ROE to make a claim that Despero is stronger than Thanos. If durability is any sign of his strength, Thanos is stronger than Despero. Do you see Despero staying awake after being hit by a Cosmic Cube? How about taking a beating from Odin, and refusing to stay down? Do you believe that Despero would survive the assault that Odin put on Thanos? What about Tyrant, a Galactus level threat? Or Omega who is even more powerful than Galactus?

People feed in to h1a8's nonsense about blunt force durability versus energy durability. They both have physical effects. Kinetic energy, is still energy, and honestly, having the ability to survive the explosion of a star the size that Thanos survived, is more than anything that Despero has shown to dish. Is that too much space cheese in terms of feats for you? If so let's also move away from the ROE feat. After all, we can always go back to his combat feats against an elite Sky Father and above characters. Thanos was hit in the face, by the Magus. the Magus had the Infinity Gauntlet on. Is that blunt force durability, or energy durability? he was also weaker when he took that hit than he was at the end of that very arc (having absorbed his doppelganger and all). What type of feat is that? I mean the Magus IG feat. energy projection has burning and matter manipulation properties that blunt forces don't have. That's why they are different. Looking at Thanos ENTIRE history, he has ALWAYS been affected by high herald level physical force. Not even once was he shown to no sell a high herald physical attack. Durability, especially of the energy projection kind, isn't a gauge of strength. Strength is measured by force, nothing more.

superman is stronger than Thanos. This is a fact. Thus Despero is automatically stronger than Thanos, by a large amount. btw, superman can physically beat the shit out of anyone Thanos beat physically. Magus held back. He was trying to get Thanos to admit something. I see any high herald taking those shots just the same.

And what strength feats does Magus have with the IG? Thanos had the IG on and got his ass beat badly (durability = strength)

h1a8
Originally posted by tkitna
So now Thanos has low durability to blunt force. laughing low durability is an opinion. You must define what is low durability. Thanos has high herald level blunt force durability. This is a fact that can be easily proven.

the Darkone
Thanos is despero superior as would Darkseid. Thanos would outsmart despero with the greatest if ease, despero doesn't want go head up with Thanos; hell Thanos will pluck despero third eye out if his forehead and eat just for laugh.

Stoic
So now Thanos has low durability to blunt force. laughing

This is what he wants people to believe, but refuses to remember when Despero did not no sell shots from high Heralds. his entire argument on the subject is retarded. The Cosmic Cube hits that Thanos took were both energy attacks and blunt force combined. I mean it's not as if Darkseid, and many other characters have not be tossed, or moved by forces capable of shattering mountains. The only thing that matters, is if he is able to get back up.

tkitna

superman is stronger than Thanos. This is a fact. Thus Despero is automatically stronger than Thanos, by a large amount. btw, superman can physically beat the shit out of anyone Thanos beat physically. Magus held back. He was trying to get Thanos to admit something. I see any high herald taking those shots just the same.

Why do you say this? Is it because Thanos hasent been shown lifting heavy things? For example, Thanos was going toe to toe with a power gem powered warrior madness Thor for awhile and he routinely slaps the Surfer and teams around like flies. Those are things Superman has no prayer of doing, so your factual statement of Superman being stronger then Thanos is nothing more then bullshit.

tkitna
low durability is an opinion. You must define what is low durability. Thanos has high herald level blunt force durability. This is a fact that can be easily proven.

Then why did you say this?

he tanks energy projection well but not blunt force.

h1a8
Then why did you say this? I meant not on the same level.

Insane Titan
Still waiting on h1 with proof that Despero could kill Thanos in a couple of blows .

Prof. T.C McAbe
I can say worse things RL than I can on KMC.

Have I levelled any direct insults towards you?

KMC provides no release smile

Superman's heat-vision being consistently more powerful than Thanos' energy attacks?

Sure, I'll take that.

His challange was simple "Superman's heat vision showings match and surpass anything Thanos has ever done."

I understood it that way "Thanos best feats vs Supermans best HV feats"

krisblaze
His challange was simple "Superman's heat vision showings match and surpass anything Thanos has ever done."

I understood it that way "Thanos best feats vs Supermans best HV feats"

That seems pointless though, I'm sure Thor or Surfer could also match Thanos' best energy blasting feat, but that's just the nature of them having their own titles.

What would that prove?

Prof. T.C McAbe
That seems pointless though, I'm sure Thor or Surfer could also match Thanos' best energy blasting feat, but that's just the nature of them having their own titles.

What would that prove?

Well, i can't speak for Phil but if Supermans best HV feats are better than Thanos best Energy blasts, it is not a low showing for V&V Despero to get knocked out by one. This would make sense.

krisblaze
Well, i can't speak for Phil but if Supermans best HV feats are better than Thanos best Energy blasts, it is not a low showing for V&V Despero to get knocked out by one. This would make sense.

It would be a low showing though, because it would be him getting knocked out by the attack of someone who's weaker than him.

And my point was that the occasional high-end showing doesn't create an average.

I wouldn't be so sure that his best HV could trump the damage Thanos did to Galactus in example.

Prof. T.C McAbe
It would be a low showing though, because it would be him getting knocked out by the attack of someone who's weaker than him.

I wouldn't be so sure that his best HV could trump the damage Thanos did to Galactus in example.

This is something that i never understood tbh. Why is it a low showing for beings like Mogul, Darkseid or Despero being beaten by Superman. Superman has pushed himself often enough beyond his level, so it should be a very high showing for Supes and not a low showing for the others.

If you want the answer fot his, talk to phil about the stips and you will see. He knows Supermans feats better than me, look at his new Respect thread. wink

Philosophía
Superman's heat-vision being consistently more powerful than Thanos' energy attacks?

Sure, I'll take that. Why did you add 'consistently' there? Superman doesn't use it to even close to its full output 90-95% of the time.

I said 'match showings', as in feat vs feat. Game for that?

It would be a low showing though, because it would be him getting knocked out by the attack of someone who's weaker than him. I'm not sure I follow this line of logic.

You just said that you're sure Thor or Surfer could also matchThanos' best energy output in their best showings , so why do you say that it's a low showing for Despero? Because that doesn't make sense, unless you randomly categorize the HV that took him down as average, and not high end.

riv6672
I honestly hope he doesnt try and explain that. I'm out of aspirin.

krisblaze

Philosophía
*shrug* When does Thanos?

I added consistently because the other average showings are there to somewhat temper the highest ones.
Where did I ask for Thanos' consistent showing? His Galactus blast isn't an average by any stretch, yet it's the most frequent one used in threads.

I'm not going to lowball his highest with lower ones, if that's what you're thinking. I'm not searching for an average.

You post, I don't know - 10 feats? and I'll post 10 feats, and we'll address them. Maybe 4 posts each? And we'll see if heat vision's highest showings measures up to Thanos' highest showings.

Even if it has been consistently confirmed that Thor or Surfer are weaker than Thanos, you could still find feats that are more powerful than Thanos' strongest energy projection feat. Yes, and why wouldn't the 'Despero one-shotting heat vision' be one of those, instead of a low showing for Despero?

krisblaze

Philosophía
You didn't ask for it, that's part of the problem with what you're trying to do.

You should be looking for an average. If you don't want to participate in the battlezone I initiated, there's no problem - but I'm not changing the stipulations, because I put them for a reason, pertaining to this thread.

I don't think I claimed it was a low showing for Despero.
Then we're fine. I want to show that Superman's heat vision showings are at least as good as Thanos' blast showing, so as to show that 'Despero got taken down by heat vision' doesn't automatically make it a low showing.

But I DO think it's a low showing for Despero because it's so out of synch with what I've seen of his durability versus the offensive power of Superman's heat vision, and I've read the majority of Superman's solo stuff from the 80s through the early 00s.

I mean, I read it, I don't chop it up and snort it or commit to it a shrine or anything...so my view opinion of its abilities might be a bit different to yours stick out tongue ...ok, so we're not fine!

Most of the time, he doesn't operate with it on that level because he doesn't need to. Also, different writers. But against opponents that he can under extreme duress, he showed elevated levels, that compete and arguably surpass Thanos' best.

Tony Stark
THANOS wins in a good fight. But, does it handily.

quanchi112

h1a8
You didn't ask for it, that's part of the problem with what you're trying to do.

You should be looking for an average.

10 feats of what though? There are only 2-3 showings of Thanos blasting someone once.

I didn't bring up the Galactus showing as an average, I said that it was the highest feat that I could think of for Thanos. If Superman can match it, then he wins the highest showing prize. If he can't, then oh well..-. I have no interest in engaging DC's main character in a high-feat war because it's not one that anyone can win.

I don't think I claimed it was a low showing for Despero.

I simply criticized the method of trying to pit Superman in a showing vs showing match against a character who is

a) A villain

b) Hasn't been the main character of a long-running series

c) Isn't a company bigwig like Superman/Thor/Surfer

But I DO think it's a low showing for Despero because it's so out of synch with what I've seen of his durability versus the offensive power of Superman's heat vision, and I've read the majority of Superman's solo stuff from the 80s through the early 00s.

I mean, I read it, I don't chop it up and snort it or commit to it a shrine or anything...so my view opinion of its abilities might be a bit different to yours stick out tongue Thanos has an advantage that makes him sometimes appear more powerful. Thanos is a villain that kills while Superman is a hero that doesn't kill.
So of course Superman isn't going to use his highest hv on someone the high majority of the time. Thanos often has no qualms about killing and is more willing to release fully on a fool. This is not a fair comparison in judging who has the more powerful energy output. So talking of averages is irrelevant since context plays a huge role.

quanchi112
Thanos has an advantage that makes him sometimes appear more powerful. Thanos is a villain that kills while Superman is a hero that doesn't kill.
So of course Superman isn't going to use his highest hv on someone the high majority of the time. Thanos often has no qualms about killing and is more willing to release fully on a fool. This is not a fair comparison in judging who has the more powerful energy output. So talking of averages is irrelevant since context plays a huge role. We have seen Superman go all out power wise against WW. His attacks didn't even put someone weaker than him down and he was amped. Evidence.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by quanchi112
We have seen Superman go all out power wise against WW. His attacks didn't even put someone weaker than him down and he was amped. Evidence.

You can't be serious.

Provide the context and then try again.

quanchi112
You can't be serious.

Provide the context and then try again. She took his blows while all out and not only survived came out on top.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by quanchi112
She took his blows while all out and not only survived came out on top.

An "All out" Superman was smashing Imperiex Probes with one punch!

Do you think Diana could tank a single blow of that nature?

This is as asinine as your using the Teen Titans abberation as being indicative of Superboy Prime's power.

Stoic
An "All out" Superman was smashing Imperiex Probes with one punch!

Do you think Diana could tank a single blow of that nature?

This is as asinine as your using the Teen Titans abberation as being indicative of Superboy Prime's power.

You're actually going to pull out OWAW Superman, and how he fought in that arc, versus his pitiful showing during V&V? Seriously? Okay so what if Superman were fighting V&V Despero like he fought in OWAW, how would that work out for Despero? Not to mention Superman isn't even in this thread fighting Thanos, but since people want to get off topic, How would Despero have dealt with OWAW Superman? Not that it proves anything but still.

I also noticed Hourman going down to a slash that Wolverine at peak would have shrugged off.

carver9
All out Superman vs Black Adam...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/60473/1774985-c87fd_bavssuperman1.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/60473/1774987-c39ea_bavssuperman3.jpg

Now these next scans are important...not only does Black Adam grab Superman arms, he toss Superman like a step child.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/60473/1774991-basuperman19mn.jpg

Superman also admits in these scans that he can't even move Black Adam out of the city center.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/60473/1774993-basuperman29zi.jpg

Remember, Adam didn't want to fight at all.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/60473/1774997-84246_bavssuperman7.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/60473/1774998-f2010_bavssuperman9.jpg

h1a8
Originally posted by carver9
All out Superman vs Black Adam...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/60473/1774985-c87fd_bavssuperman1.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/60473/1774987-c39ea_bavssuperman3.jpg

Now these next scans are important...not only does Black Adam grab Superman arms, he toss Superman like a step child.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/60473/1774991-basuperman19mn.jpg

Superman also admits in these scans that he can't even move Black Adam out of the city center.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/60473/1774993-basuperman29zi.jpg

Remember, Adam didn't want to fight at all.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/60473/1774997-84246_bavssuperman7.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/60473/1774998-f2010_bavssuperman9.jpg OWAW retcon that Superman has mental blocks that can only be removed by meditation, training, or dire circumstances. Thus any showing you use that is not OWAW or DOS is not and all out Superman.

Stoic
Thus any showing you use that is not OWAW or DOS is not and all out Superman.

Does that also include Superman from the V&V story? We all know that they all jobbed, and weren't using their powers to their utmost during V&V.

h1a8
Does that also include Superman from the V&V story? We all know that they all jobbed, and weren't using their powers to their utmost during V&V. yes, but know that a normal non OWAW Superman is a high herald being and still the strongest high herald being. OWAW superman is high trans or low skyfather level.

carver9
OWAW retcon that Superman has mental blocks that can only be removed by meditation, training, or dire circumstances. Thus any showing you use that is not OWAW or DOS is not and all out Superman.

When did you make the rules?

carver9
yes, but know that a normal non OWAW Superman is a high herald being and still the strongest high herald being. OWAW superman is high trans or low skyfather level.

laughing out loud

riv6672
Hmmmm...!

tkitna
yes, but know that a normal non OWAW Superman is a high herald being and still the strongest high herald being. OWAW superman is high trans or low skyfather level.

laughing

Prof. T.C McAbe

thumb up

Bentley
It's interesting how people agree with each other by laughing shifty

krisblaze
Wish I had the patience to shift through all of Dr.Strange's old shit, and go shit on a Superman fan in the battlezone...

Stoic
I'm finding it hard to see Despero dropping Thanos after seeing him taking repeated hits from a Cosmic Cube, and getting back up. The attacks were in the form of both energy, and blunt force. When has Despero ever taken hits of that magnitude? Also why is Superman the subject of discussion once again?

krisblaze
^A weakened cosmic cube.

The power of said cube is only indicated by its ability to harm Thanos, so it's not exactly a great way to gauge his durability.

psycho gundam
Thanos has an advantage that makes him sometimes appear more powerful. Thanos is a villain that kills while Superman is a hero that doesn't kill.
So of course Superman isn't going to use his highest hv on someone the high majority of the time. Thanos often has no qualms about killing and is more willing to release fully on a fool. This is not a fair comparison in judging who has the more powerful energy output. So talking of averages is irrelevant since context plays a huge role. Thanos fought Odin arguably at Thanos' best (mostly physically), not really sure you want to use Thanos smacking someone like Surfer or Thor around as a basis for his power when there is a noticeable gulf in between his power and a high herald in most categories of a high herald's power set.

Thanos would body Despero more times than not (not being highly unlikely) and this other shit going around in this thread is just a distraction of that.

Stoic
Originally posted by psycho gundam
Thanos fought Odin arguably at Thanos' best (mostly physically), not really sure you want to use Thanos smacking someone like Surfer or Thor around as a basis for his power when there is a noticeable gulf in between his power and a high herald in most categories of a high herald's power set.

Thanos would body Despero more times than not (not being highly unlikely) and this other shit going around in this thread is just a distraction of that.

This is always ignored though. h1 believes that the odin fight was only energy attacks, so he dismisses it, and states that Thanos only has strong defenses against energy assaults. Not to mention having taken a full face assault from Thor's hammer, and not going down. This is a guy that breaks through Celestial armor, and destroys planets with the hammer. Thanos took it, and slapped Thor aside. This is a clear indication of him being a full tier above the High Herald tier. Thor is arguably in the top 5 most powerful Heralds out there.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>