IDW Godzilla vs Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CadenceV2
Godzilla from the IDW comics faces the Avenger team consisting of Extremist Iron Man, Ms Marvel, Thing, Iron Fist, Warmachine, and Vision.

Battle in manhattan.

Bentley
Great battle thumb up

I don't think the team has enough gun to downright ko the King of the Monsters, but they can certainly hang enough against him to either attempt a BFR strategy (that would be hard to pull off), or to have Carol feed on Goji's atomic breath for some potential damage. I'm unsure if Vision can put his phasing to good use in this combat though.

leonidas
hmm, without a thor-type in the line-up i don't think they can take him out. tony's absorbed almost all types of energy though, including from radiation man, so it's not impossible to think he could amp off a breath attack perhaps, but at standard levels i don't think they can put him down. vision can last as long as he wants. if he FULLY phases his body into zilla's brain that might end godzilla, or at least harm him enough to allow the others finish him off. heli-carrier-breaking iron fist in the nose would be f'n HILARIOUS to see......

krisblaze
iron man and ms.marvel can absorb energy.'

Vision can do some real damage.

Not sure if its enough.

Galan007
extremis also had shielding capable of no-selling nukes, and the like.

leonidas
the breath is just sooooo big, and has massive kinetic impact as well. i think even if he wasn't bbq'd (and i agree his shields would probably hold) tony would be like a guy in a barrel going over niagara falls. lol the real problem is i'm not sure they have the fire power to put him down. somehow missed ms marvel though in the line up. maybe the 2 (and rhodey) could siphon off enough radiation, but....seems unlikely given his size and the sheer amount of radiation he gives off. it just seems far more likely to me zilla would take them out before they figured out a way to put him down. with even brief prep the team would take him without too much trouble i think--even though shield and the avengers couldn't do it before.....

it's a pretty good fight i think though.

krisblaze
Earlier suits have tanked full blasts from the Surfer and Terrax.

You talking about Godzilla

smh...

leonidas
well, where ss is concerned there is more than a little pis involved in their meeting. tony has ko'd him too. but ss also wouldn't exactly be hitting tony with planet-breaking power, so there's that. tony has absorbed terrax's power but for times he has absorbed power he's failed as well--re: thor's lightning. so absorption is certainly no guarantee....

krisblaze
Originally posted by leonidas
well, where ss is concerned there is more than a little pis involved in their meeting. tony has ko'd him too. but ss also wouldn't exactly be hitting tony with planet-breaking power, so there's that. tony has absorbed terrax's power but for times he has absorbed power he's failed as well--re: thor's lightning. so absorption is certainly no guarantee....

Yeah, but the energy he absorbed was enough to knock Surfer and Terrax out stick out tongue

If he can knock them out, then he can knock out Godzilla.

CadenceV2
Originally posted by krisblaze
Yeah, but the energy he absorbed was enough to knock Surfer and Terrax out stick out tongue

If he can knock them out, then he can knock out Godzilla.

Are we talking about same Iron Man who fails time and again with prep to absorb Hulks radiation? That IM? smile

krisblaze
Originally posted by CadenceV2
Are we talking about same Iron Man who fails time and again with prep to absorb Hulks radiation? That IM? smile

Yes.

The one who eventually knocked out WWH by pushing a button smile

Haven't seen any energyblasts from the Hulk though, let me know when he starts using them!

CadenceV2
Yes.

The one who eventually knocked out WWH by pushing a button smile

Haven't seen any energyblasts from the Hulk though, let me know when he starts using them!

I thought we were arguing absorbing the radiation out of GZ, with no prep mind you. He never could do this before with prep. He also failed to absorb regular Thor magic with Thor Buster armor he prepped for. Or absorb Phoenix energy with major prep with several other scientist.

I can see absorbing The radiation beam, but I was talking how doubtful he could siphon energy of GZ alone.

krisblaze
I thought we were arguing absorbing the radiation out of GZ, with no prep mind you. He never could do this before with prep. He also failed to absorb regular Thor magic with Thor Buster armor he prepped for. Or absorb Phoenix energy with major prep with several other scientist.

I can see absorbing The radiation beam, but I was talking how doubtful he could siphon energy of GZ alone.

Absorb regular Thor magic?

It was Odinforce Thor and the armour was powered by a magic gem, not sure what absorbing magic would do when Thor was beating on him

What are you trying to argue here? That he can't absorb radiation because he hasn't absorbed the Hulk's energy? The Hulk who doesn't bleed energy or use energy attacks? no expression

And your argument is then strengthened by the fact that Iron Man's magic-powered armour did not absorb the energy of Odinforce Thor, and that he couldn't absorb the Phoenix' energy?

Come on.

CadenceV2
Absorb regular Thor magic?

It was Odinforce Thor and the armour was powered by a magic gem, not sure what absorbing magic would do when Thor was beating on him

What are you trying to argue here? That he can't absorb radiation because he hasn't absorbed the Hulk's energy? The Hulk who doesn't bleed energy or use energy attacks? no expression

And your argument is then strengthened by the fact that Iron Man's magic-powered armour did not absorb the energy of Odinforce Thor, and that he couldn't absorb the Phoenix' energy?

Come on.

IIRC he was not Odin Force. Can you point to where it was?

GZ does not bleed radiation in the sense he loses it. He can re create whatever energy he loses with his nuclear reactor like heart. So not sure why it's that different than Hulk.

Yes, IM with prep failed many times to passively or actively drain Beings he actively tried to drain power or disbursed power of other beings.

Stanor

The same hulk who doesn't even affect Hawkeye with radiation? smile

krisblaze
IIRC he was not Odin Force. Can you point to where it was?
You're so phucking clueless here man. Seriously, you're out of your depth stick out tongue

a) Iron Man DID absorb energy from Thor in that incident.

http://imgur.com/geV5Ctb
The power you use against me is absorbed and rechanneled through the suit

b) It's before the Regining, after Odin died...and just right after
http://imgur.com/pyhSn7R
The power of Odin is stronger than one might think

GZ does not bleed radiation in the sense he loses it. He can re create whatever energy he loses with his nuclear reactor like heart. So not sure why it's that different than Hulk.
Okay, that's great.

I posted in response to Leo saying that Iron Man couldn't absorb an energy attack, with incident of him doing that against more powerful opponents than Godzilla. You're the one who brought up the nonsense with the Hulk...

I never argued that Iron Man would drain Godzilla. You're getting lost in your own strawman argument.

Yes, IM with prep failed many times to passively or actively drain Beings he actively tried to drain power or disbursed power of other beings.

Except he didn't. And the Phoenix incident is in no way representative of this...

CadenceV2
Originally posted by Stanor
The same hulk who doesn't even affect Hawkeye with radiation? smile

Same universe were lethal doses of radiation grants you mutant, spider, hulk, or Fantastic Four powers ? laughing

Stanor
Same universe were lethal doses of radiation grants you mutant, spider, hulk, or Fantastic Four powers ? laughing You were saying Iron man can't absorb hulks radiation when it doesn't even affect anyone near him. The only way they are affected with radiation is to be injected with it, not be near it . smile

Galan007
Originally posted by leonidas
well, where ss is concerned there is more than a little pis involved in their meeting. tony has ko'd him too. but ss also wouldn't exactly be hitting tony with planet-breaking power, so there's that. tony has absorbed terrax's power but for times he has absorbed power he's failed as well--re: thor's lightning. so absorption is certainly no guarantee.... As far as armor durability is concerned: Extremis took a beat-down from Sentry(who had orders to "neutralize" him), without sustaining any lasting damage. He also managed to injure Sentry a bit in the process:
http://i.imgur.com/TSUf87g.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/JuGfIo4.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/CIi3NxI.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9tf4nO1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/lFYgxjV.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/6oyXf1J.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ZE4inWD.jpg

And unless G's breath hits with >> nuke-level force, then Tony can just chill behind his shields with the rest of the Avengers and weather the proverbial storm unscathed:
http://i.imgur.com/ARRJLdt.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/KC5s1x0.jpg

For what it's worth, his chest-beam can produce heat of over 10,000°K(hotter than the surface of the sun), while only using 73% output--ie. he still had 27% left to go, lol.
http://i.imgur.com/svW1uCL.jpg
(That's Graviton he's owning, btw.)

And aside from his raw speed(Sentry stated he was "very fast" in the above scans), Tony's perception/reaction speed is insane as well:
http://i.imgur.com/6Ef1Z9e.jpg

I could go on, but I feel like those feats are the most pertinent to this discussion--at least where Tony is concerned... Though I think the best option from an offensive standpoint, is to have Vision phase into G's domepiece. thumb up

CadenceV2
Originally posted by Stanor
You were saying Iron man can't absorb hulks radiation when it doesn't even affect anyone near him. The only way they are affected with radiation is to be injected with it, not be near it . smile

False. Hulk has been found by radiation detecting devices before. How can they detect traces of radiation if hulk need bleed any himself?

There is also a few times where we are told of the radiation he gives off from certain time periods. Even burning people alive with his presence. So he never bleeds radiation himself? Are you serious about that set of facts smile

That's what I thought smile

krisblaze
False. Hulk has been found by radiation detecting devices before. How can they detect traces of radiation if hulk need bleed any himself?

There is also a few times where we are told of the radiation he gives off from certain time periods. Even burning people alive with his presence. So he never bleeds radiation himself? Are you serious about that set of facts smile

They made a point out of Betty not actually getting cancer from the Hulk.

The Hulk still has a ton of radioactivity inside of him, so obviously you can locate him easily.

This doesn't matter. Your'e trying to derail the argument.

The point was that Iron Man has absorbed energyblasts from more powerful opponents than Godzilla.

Stanor

Because hulks presence gives Black widow powers because of radiation , amiright? smile

CadenceV2
They made a point out of Betty not actually getting cancer from the Hulk.

The Hulk still has a ton of radioactivity inside of him, so obviously you can locate him easily.

This doesn't matter. Your'e trying to derail the argument.

The point was that Iron Man has absorbed energyblasts from more powerful opponents than Godzilla.

Yes I know this. It was abomination blood poisoning her.

Having it inside is not the same as detecting it. Otherwise it be easy for satellites to find Nuke Subs and Ships easy. It needs to bleed a amount to be detected at all.

I think it matters as there is major times Hulk bleed radiation.

Not arguing the bottom point at all. You misunderstand or I did. I was saying Iron Man need shown the ability to actively drain energy of a foe who is say just standing there. Never been able to pull a Parasite of DC comics by draining a foe. Pulling a Rogue of X-Men. He could absorb energy attacks, just never seen him drain a being of any kind of energy. Heck eve Electro could not be drained by extremist Iron Man in New Avengers. He had to lock him up in a energy bubble.

So that was what I was trying to say to the whole he drains GZ argument.

krisblaze
Yes I know this. It was abomination blood poisoning her.

Having it inside is not the same as detecting it. Otherwise it be easy for satellites to find Nuke Subs and Ships easy. It needs to bleed a amount to be detected at all.

I think it matters as there is major times Hulk bleed radiation.

Not arguing the bottom point at all. You misunderstand or I did. I was saying Iron Man need shown the ability to actively drain energy of a foe who is say just standing there. Never been able to pull a Parasite of DC comics by draining a foe. Pulling a Rogue of X-Men. He could absorb energy attacks, just never seen him drain a being of any kind of energy. Heck eve Electro could not be drained by extremist Iron Man in New Avengers. He had to lock him up in a energy bubble.

So that was what I was trying to say to the whole he drains GZ argument.
You made up the 'he drains GZ argument'...

I told Leo that Iron Man has showings where he's absorbed the energy attacks of more powerful opponents than GZ. The Hulk is irrelevant!

This is what I'm talking about with strawman arguments.

Instead of arguing against the point that I made, you've both construed and argued against some false argument that I made in the first place.

CadenceV2
You made up the 'he drains GZ argument'...

I told Leo that Iron Man has showings where he's absorbed the energy attacks of more powerful opponents than GZ. The Hulk is irrelevant!

This is what I'm talking about with strawman arguments.

Instead of arguing against the point that I made, you've both construed and argued against some false argument that I made in the first place.

I have no argument absorbing the radiation breath, and I said that as well a few post back. I clearly was saying only draining GZ dry which is what I thought people meant. I did said he should absorb the energy attacks of GZ, never debuted that wink

CadenceV2

Page 1 wink

krisblaze
I have no argument absorbing the radiation breath, and I said that as well a few post back. I clearly was saying only draining GZ dry which is what I thought people meant. I did said he should absorb the energy attacks of GZ, never debuted that wink

Then we're good smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.