Punisher Vs The Rogues

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Not a gauntlet, individual matches.

In each case the fight takes place in Central City, Punisher gets one hour to study a file on the rogue, and he gas a fully stocked Battle Van.
Every Rogue is in the middle of causing mayhem, so each fight is in the middle of the city.

Which of the following can Punisher beat?

Trickster

Pied Piper

Mirror Master

Captain Boomerang

Heatwave

Shrapnel

Captain Cold

krisblaze
Shrapnel lives.

The rest die to a bullet.

Golgo13
Whoever gets the first hit wins. Captain Cold could really mess up, Frank. Same with Pied Piper, Boomerang (Especially with his current boomerangs), Mirror Master, and Heatwave.

Also, Mirror Master would win 10/10.

krisblaze
Didn't see Mirror Master.

Most versions of him win as well.

riv6672
Okay cool.
As to MM and Shrapnel, one sided prep not a big enough factor?

Golgo13
Unless Punisher can get into his dimension, it's impossible for him to kill him.

riv6672
I wonder if he could get some explosives onto MM so he takes them in...?

Golgo13
He'd just reform. Or do the famous eye feat.

8swords
OP said that the rogues are currently causing havoc, meaning they dont see frank coming, which gives him the first strike.

and just like kris said , shrapnel lives the rest dies,

Golgo13
Mirror Master can casuse havok in his dimension, too. Nothing Frank can do.

BruceSkywalker
lol frank survives and wins

Golgo13
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

lol no.

riv6672
Lol i just want to join in on the loling.

All kidding aside though, pretty consistent answers. I'm good with this.

8swords
Originally posted by Golgo13
Mirror Master can casuse havok in his dimension, too. Nothing Frank can do.

per the OP, they wont see frank coming. plus frank has general knowledge about them even MM, how would MM put frank in his dimension if he doesnt know he is coming after him.

krisblaze
Yeah I think Frank could take out the mirror master easily enough if he gets the drop on them, though he would have to target him first.

Is he attacking all of them or one at a time? He could probably take out shrapnel with explosives.

riv6672
Originally posted by krisblaze
Yeah I think Frank could take out the mirror master easily enough if he gets the drop on them, though he would have to target him first.

Thats why i gave him one sided prep, to offset the more esoteric power sets.

Is he attacking all of them or one at a time? He could probably take out shrapnel with explosives.

Originally posted by riv6672
Not a gauntlet, individual matches.

DarkSaint85
Punisher takes them out, Mirror Master COULD escape and come back, as could Shrapnel.

krisblaze
Thanks for the clarification.

I think he destroys them all actually.

riv6672
No sweat.

@DS
Shrapnel was a toss up for me, regen being his thing and all.
I almost chose Abra Kadabra instead, but didnt want to spend time arguing the ability of a .50 sniper rifle to kill a magician...

CadenceV2
Punisher with prep has fully gave Sentry the run around. Taken on Ulik the Troll. Taken down the Avengers in a few days time. With prep he took down Wolverine, daredevil, and Spider Man at the same time.

In short he wins with these stipulations. He really is a Batman level guy with prep and info on targets.

riv6672
I figured an hour and just the van'd be good, considering these are actually pretty tough characters.

CadenceV2
I figured an hour and just the van'd be good, considering these are actually pretty tough characters.

Its the info that helps the most. With that he can work around the powers like he does everyone else.

riv6672
I just dont think i can straight up say Frank owns everyone listed.
They do have the ability to take him out, some more than others.
The Rogues fight one if the most powerful heroes at DC. That says a lot.

Of course, Frank is one if the most pragmatic characters in comics, so there's that.

CadenceV2
I just dont think i can straight up say Frank owns everyone listed.
They do have the ability to take him out, some more than others.
The Rogues fight one if the most powerful heroes at DC. That says a lot.

Of course, Frank is one if the most pragmatic characters in comics, so there's that.

Anyone on that list can beat Frank in a straight up fair fight pretty handily. Its the prep and info that turns it around by a large factor for me.

Kazenji
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

Indeed he does, If he has his van fully stocked after studying each rogues file.

Deadline
Originally posted by CadenceV2
Punisher with prep has fully gave Sentry the run around.

Actually he didn't have any prep. Well he had prep but I don't think he was expecting somebody as powerful as The Sentry to turn up.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by CadenceV2
Punisher with prep has fully gave Sentry the run around. Taken on Ulik the Troll. Taken down the Avengers in a few days time. With prep he took down Wolverine, daredevil, and Spider Man at the same time.

In short he wins with these stipulations. He really is a Batman level guy with prep and info on targets.

The only thing Punisher got with the Sentry was tricking him by saying a bomb was in the hospital.

And throughout their encounter Sentry just kept on talking to Frank. He could have ended it loads of times but he just spoke too much.

Plus if you remember he said himself

"Planned for eight different kinds of trouble. But not this. This there is no plan for"

He also says "He could've ended this already but he wants to talk"

Although Punisher did get some good durability feats from that.

Namely this considering he got back up from it.

http://i.imgur.com/FSawFbdl.jpg

Thought this could help in case he got into a long fight with one of the characters.

Deadline
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
The only thing Punisher got with the Sentry was tricking him by saying a bomb was in the hospital.

And throughout their encounter Sentry just kept on talking to Frank. He could have ended it loads of times but he just spoke too much.

Plus if you remember he said himself

"Planned for eight different kinds of trouble. But not this. This there is no plan for"

He also says "He could've ended this already but he wants to talk"

Although Punisher did get some good durability feats from that.

Namely this considering he got back up from it.

http://i.imgur.com/FSawFbdl.jpg

Thought this could help in case he got into a long fight with one of the characters.

It's still a very impressive feat considering how powerful The Sentry is. Not sure if that proves he can't beat The Rogues because I suspect Sentry is more powerful than all of them.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Deadline
It's still a very impressive feat considering how powerful The Sentry is. Not sure if that proves he can't beat The Rogues because I suspect Sentry is more powerful than all of them.

Oh sure I mean ultimately Robert wasn't out to kill Frank.

I was just mentioning that he can survive falling that length.

Jashro44
How does he get around captain colds cold field? Not to knowledgeable on the others.

Golgo13
Frank better snipe mirror master first or he's already done for. And that'd if he can get around his transmutation and illusions.

riv6672
Originally posted by Jashro44
How does he get around captain colds cold field? Not to knowledgeable on the others.
What are the limits of said FF? Is it on at all times?
I dont know.
Punisher would, though, owing to a file on Cold.
Light and sound still go through FFields. He might try something along those lines to start.

Jashro44
What are the limits of said FF? Is it on at all times?
I dont know.
Punisher would, though, owing to a file on Cold.
Light and sound still go through FFields. He might try something along those lines to start.
He holds down a button on his gun as I understand which puts a force field around him. Does punisher currently have access to sonic and light based weapons? I haven't been keeping up with marvel now punisher. One hour is not a lot of time to prepare.

riv6672
Again, is the field on at all times?
In this scenario Cold isnt actively fighting a hero, just causing mayhem. I'd have to think theres a power drain issue there.
And, military units have access to sonic and light based weapons; Punisher has a fully stocked Battle Van.
An hour's not supposed to be much time, though. With more time, the villains'd be too easy to beat...

Jashro44
Yes as long as he is holding the button on his gun its on.

riv6672
Cool.

Jashro44
Also worth noting is during flashpoint, citizen cold (who is the exact same as captain cold) blocked weather wizards lightning. So not sure if light will work. I tried uploading scans but it wont let me post links.

riv6672
No worries.
Personally, and this is not being overly familiar with the current version, i dont think Cold has a force field on 24/7.
Also, i think Frank would be smart enough not to alert him so he would turn it on.
One bullet from a distance would take out most of the more problematic Rogues.

Golgo13
I've posted these pics before, but here is some of the stuff MM can do:

He can attack on any reflective surface. Even eyes.
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/MM6_zps923ecbd2.jpg

Can fool people by illusions
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/MM2_zps51ad2814.jpg

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/MM3_zpscab4c727.jpg

Transmutation
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/MM_zps38145041.jpg

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/MM4_zpsbd11d18d.jpg

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/MM5_zpsa5de92c0.jpg

krisblaze
Morrison's mirror master was terrifying.

But I still don't think this helps him here.

It's just MM doing shit and the Punisher getting the drop on him.

riv6672
I've posted these pics before, but here is some of the stuff MM can do:
]
Ha, great set of scans, thanks!

Golgo13

riv6672
He's...in the real world, as per the OP. stick out tongue

BruceSkywalker
lol no.

lmmfao frank wins

Flyattractor
These guys take on a guy that runs faster then the speed of LIGHT and some think they can't handle some nut with a gun?

Spite thread in the Rogues Favor.

Bentley
Bullets get frozen around Captain Cold's field, he then proceeds to stop Punisher cold g_grin

riv6672
Ha, nice pun. thumb up

Puns aside, they dont know Punisher's coming. Punisher has the edge. Its just s matter of dealing with any automatic defenses they may have.
Already touched on the force field. I really dont think Cold is pushing a button on his gun 24/7.
In this scenario he's causing mayhem with no opposition.

Bentley
Captain Cold doesn't get to detect Flash when he appears to catch him in his regular mayhem mode. His auto defenses are enough to stop the conventional weapons Frank might be carrying into the fray.

Golgo13
He's...in the real world, as per the OP. stick out tongue

So, you're handicapping him?

Golgo13
Originally posted by Bentley
Bullets get frozen around Captain Cold's field, he then proceeds to stop Punisher cold g_grin

yes

Golgo13
Ha, nice pun. thumb up

Puns aside, they dont know Punisher's coming. Punisher has the edge. Its just s matter of dealing with any automatic defenses they may have.
Already touched on the force field. I really dont think Cold is pushing a button on his gun 24/7.
In this scenario he's causing mayhem with no opposition.

Have you been reading Flash? IIRC, CC has a field around him pretty much whenever. I'll try and find a scan.

Golgo13
Here is one. Seriously, the Rogues aren't a joke. They're uber powerful.

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/CC_zps951c666d.jpg

krisblaze
^Nobody's saying thatt hey're not powerful, but this thread is literally

'Can Frank snipe the rogues'?

Golgo13
^Nobody's saying thatt hey're not powerful, but this thread is literally

'Can Frank snipe the rogues'?

He can snipe some, but not all of them.

krisblaze
He can snipe some, but not all of them.

He gets 1 hour prep in the van, with info, so I think he can take Shrapnel also.

Captain Cold and Mirror Master are the only wild-cards here imo.

Golgo13
He gets 1 hour prep in the van, with info, so I think he can take Shrapnel also.

Captain Cold and Mirror Master are the only wild-cards here imo.

That's what I'm saying. His best bet is to snipe MM first. If not, Frank dies.

krisblaze
That's what I'm saying. His best bet is to snipe MM first. If not, Frank dies.

It's one at a time I think.

8swords

Frank has info on mm, and with that he would know to hit him while his out of his dimension.

Dont force mm golgo, just dont

Golgo13
Originally posted by 8swords
Frank has info on mm, and with that he would know to hit him while his out of his dimension.

Dont force mm golgo, just dont

I did. And the only way is for MM to be outside of his dimension. Other than that, Frank has no shot.

riv6672
While i've been pointing out some of the sillier claims and oversights, this is all a matter of opinion; and most of them have been pretty good.

SamZED
Originally posted by Bentley
Bullets get frozen around Captain Cold's field, he then proceeds to stop Punisher cold g_grin You might even say that.. Cap is way to cool to lose this fight. eek!

riv6672
Haha!

SamZED
http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/20143210_BPGM3G_CMAEqplk.jpg

riv6672
I guess that means...things are heating up.

DarkSaint85
Chill, man.

riv6672
Ice cubes!

huh

Bentley
Originally posted by SamZED
http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/20143210_BPGM3G_CMAEqplk.jpg

That was just the tip of the iceberg.

Ice cubes!

huh

I haven't warmed up to your humor yet mmm

riv6672
That's cold, man.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.