Fun Fun Fun Tourney

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CadenceV2
I use to love making Tourneys on other forums, and I love playing tourney like matches. Im bored, not a whole lot of action going on, so making one now to remedy this problem.

Some things to get out of the way. There is 7 Slots. I myself am playing. More than enough to have some fun. Everyone who plays should at least Judge another two or three matches. Everyone also can agree on who should be allowed or not as characters. Also if their is a possible rule issue, myself and a co host can rule on it. This is to keep things in house and fair. Cannot judeg your own match ofcourse. I need a co host BTW to help keep things fair over my matches and others that I may have little insight too.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101103215545/fairlyoddparents/en/images/0/00/Timmy,Wanda,Poof_and_Da_Rules.jpg

Gotta have rules.
1) No Time control, no matter manipulation of the other team. Can have character who can do this, but they are not allowed to use that.
2) 10 minuets prep. No way to extend prep.
3) Mid Herald level or lower.
4) No Flashes, they are not Mid Herald at all IMO.
5) No Gear or weapons that put you over Mid Herald level. (Reed with Ultimate Nullifier for example)
6) If characters have very few comics to their name, can use composite versions. (He-Man for example.)
7) 3 Man teams.
8) All characters will work together.
9) All battlefields will change for every match.

That is pretty much it. Be creative, and have fun. This is a ultimate showdown of just fun.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/153/4/8/ultimate_showdown_by_envythisroadrunner-d51yzib.jpg

Everyone who wants to play will post here that they are interested, and PM me a team. Once I get 7 PMs of teams, I will post them all here at the same time to see which characters are allowed and which are not. Once that is out of the way, we will have some fun. Key word... FUN! this is not for titles, just to have fun. I plan to make many more in the future as I love having Tourney fun.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/122233/3946079-gif.gif

Once again if your interested, PM me your team, post here that you are, and Be my Co Host to keep things fair. Everyone will be a judge of others matches, and PM. any questions ask below.

beatboks
You know me Cadence, always up for a tourney. Currently in 5 but they're slosing down so I'm interested

abhilegend
Count me in.

CadenceV2
Awesome. When ya both think of teams, PM me them.

Supermutant
I'm down with this tournament.

CadenceV2
Alright, 3 down, 4 more to go.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by CadenceV2
6) If characters have very few comics to their name, can use composite versions. (He-Man for example.) This will be an issue for sure

CadenceV2
Originally posted by psycho gundam
This will be an issue for sure

An issue to be adressed by the players in the later phase after everyone makes a team once teams are posted.

Existere
Couple questions:

-'No gear or weapons that put you over mid herald'. Are we allowed to make those gear or weapons in prep time? What if we don't use gear or weapons, but use the powersets we've drafted to boost one character's power past mid herald (ie, draft Supergirl and Spectrum and blast Kara with solar rays)? Basically, is there a limit to what we can accomplish with prep time?

-'No way to extend prep time'. What if my character is super fast? 10 minutes for Dr Doom is different than 10 minutes for the Runner. Does that count as an extension of prep time?

-Are ALL powers besides time manipulation and offensive matter manipulation allowed?

-What's mid herald level? Are we working according to the KMC tiers, or did you have a particular character cap in mind? Wonder Woman has historically been the go-to power cap for mid herald tournies I think

CadenceV2
Originally posted by Existere
Couple questions:

-'No gear or weapons that put you over mid herald'. Are we allowed to make those gear or weapons in prep time? What if we don't use gear or weapons, but use the powersets we've drafted to boost one character's power past mid herald (ie, draft Supergirl and Spectrum and blast Kara with solar rays)? Basically, is there a limit to what we can accomplish with prep time?

-'No way to extend prep time'. What if my character is super fast? 10 minutes for Dr Doom is different than 10 minutes for the Runner. Does that count as an extension of prep time?

-Are ALL powers besides time manipulation and offensive matter manipulation allowed?

-What's mid herald level? Are we working according to the KMC tiers, or did you have a particular character cap in mind? Wonder Woman has historically been the go-to power cap for mid herald tournies I think

Good questions.

If you can push someones power to High Herald, or Trans tier, your not midherald character anymore. Your character must be Mid Herald, and any help in amps apply to this.

Runner can use whatever time he wants, however he is trans tier. Flashes are not allowed either. Im not sure how many speedsters are left to use ten minuets as a lifetime for them. But yes, you can do this.

Yes, Duplication and such are allowed, however I should have put a limit on Summoning. Summoning other beings is the same as outside help to me, but yes, Psychics, soul attackers, beings who can use magic that is no MM ot Time related are fine.

Mid Herald is a level KMC has, however I would mostly use a cap limit. That would be in line with charcters like Wonder Woman, Hulk, or Godzilla ect.

Hope this helps.

Existere
Cool. thumb up

Then I think I have my team. I'll PM you.

Supermutant
Ten minutes of prep is too long for mid herald characters. I say 1 or 2 minutes at the most.

CadenceV2
I have 3 PMs already, and 1 possible reserved. 3 more to go.

beatboks
Originally posted by Supermutant
Ten minutes of prep is too long for mid herald characters. I say 1 or 2 minutes at the most.

Most mid heralds do jack all in prep. Prep as a rule favors the low end power spectrum characters. Let's face it guys Reed, Stark, Pym, Holt, Sloane and Caulder can do a lot more and make them a lot more of a threat than their power level would represent. These types of characters can contend on the level of high herald or trams with enough prep.

CadenceV2
Originally posted by beatboks
Most mid heralds do jack all in prep. Prep as a rule favors the low end power spectrum characters. Let's face it guys Reed, Stark, Pym, Holt, Sloane and Caulder can do a lot more and make them a lot more of a threat than their power level would represent. These types of characters can contend on the level of high herald or trams with enough prep.

Pretty much, its also a good time for teams to think about tactics, or amo other characters into a Mid Herald level they normally would not be at.

CadenceV2
So far we have 4 people in this. 4 more and we can get a rolling into battles.

Stanor
Can I join?

CadenceV2
Originally posted by Stanor
Can I join?
Of course.

Ambient
Question:

Is reality manipulation allowed?
Say if a character manipulated or set traps to battlefield that cause offensive damage to opponents pick, is this allowed? Ex. Quicksand on battlefield..
Is meshing powers allowed? Is there any cap to specific powers? Ex. Making immortal character through meshing healing powers and magical ritual.

CadenceV2
Originally posted by Ambient
Question:

Is reality manipulation allowed?
Say if a character manipulated or set traps to battlefield that cause offensive damage to opponents pick, is this allowed? Ex. Quicksand on battlefield..
Is meshing powers allowed? Is there any cap to specific powers? Ex. Making immortal character through meshing healing powers and magical ritual.

You can do both those things. However your meshing of powers must remain in limits to Mid Heralds. If your character can beat the daylights out of Wonder Woman, Messiah Cable, or Hulk, then they may be over Mid Herald.

Ambient
Count me in then, if you still got room.

I'll send my pick tom.

CadenceV2
Count me in then, if you still got room.

I'll send my pick tom.

Yes it is still going indeed.

Stanor
So far we have 4 people in this. 4 more and we can get a rolling into battles.

If we can't get everyone I suggest we just start with the people we have.

CadenceV2
I'm am considering it.

Stanor
I'm am considering it. K. BTW did you get my team?

CadenceV2
K. BTW did you get my team?
Yes.
I like to get two more for 6 total. then i can switch matches three times. Keeping track of winners and losers. Form a place chart of 1st, 2nd, 3rd, ect.

Stanor
Yes.
I like to get two more for 6 total. then i can switch matches three times. Keeping track of winners and losers. Form a place chart of 1st, 2nd, 3rd, ect.

What did you think about it?

CadenceV2
What did you think about it?
i think the team is good. I know only two of the three guys.

CadenceV2
We have 5 players, one more and I will kick this off smile

Ambient
Bump!

CadenceV2
I do not see this happening. so little interest on KMC battle threads sad

beatboks
I could maybe field a second team.
We only need one more right?

CadenceV2
Originally posted by beatboks
I could maybe field a second team.
We only need one more right?
correct.

CadenceV2
Sorry guys, this took so long to get started, that I have no time to do it like i wanted to now. Some family matters popped up, and I must concentrate on them. Thanks though.

Werewolf582
I shall send you my team when it is ready.

CadenceV2
Originally posted by Werewolf582
I shall send you my team when it is ready.

If you send me a team, I will get this tourney back on track.

CadenceV2
Teams are in.

CadenceV2
Godzilla (Composite), Spawn (Post Armageddon), Invincible

Existere
Martian Manhunter, Animal Man (post 52 power level, when he had access to the Universal Red), and Sebastian Faust

Beatboks
Dark Nebula (cyclone comics), Obsidan, Daimon Hellstrom

Stanor
Sosuke Aizen, God Cable, Super Sonic

Ambient
Captain atom, Doctor Manhattan, Technarchy Warlock

Werewolf582
God Cable, Martian Manhunter, Apocalypse

Werewolf582
Interesting teams TBH

beatboks
I thought I agreed to change Obsidian. He's over the mid Herald limit IMO. Though I'll be honest I can't remember who with.

I'm not familiar with post 52 Animal man's feats but he had universal access pre 52 as well and that included a feat of taking on the power of the Sun eater. Given that it took the combined power of the LoSH (which includes a few Kryptonian level characters) as well as some prep plot and a major plot device weapon( Brainiac 5's absorbium bomb, that absorbs energy on a massive scale- greater than any energy manipulator I can think of) to defeat the Sun eater. I'd like to see a restriction saying no sun eater powers. Also a limit on his power stacking. By stacking speed of many animals he has outmoved and defeated a rotworld Flash.

beatboks
Re prep is it conducted in any base of our characters we choose?? if so and players have a problem with Obsidian I'll swap him for MLJ Comet. He's well below the limits but 10 mins of prep for him with access to his equipment, will be profitable enough to compensate.

Ambient
Mine are actually Captain Atom, Multipleman and Technarchy Warlock. I contacted Cadencev2 about the change and had this thought process 😄 prior to the the draft picks post.

CadenceV2
CadenceV2
Godzilla (Composite), Spawn (Post Armageddon), Invincible

Existere
Martian Manhunter, Animal Man (post 52 power level, when he had access to the Universal Red), and Sebastian Faust

Beatboks
Dark Nebula (cyclone comics), MLJ Comet, Daimon Hellstrom

Stanor
Sosuke Aizen, God Cable, Super Sonic

Ambient
Captain Atom, Multiple Man, Technarchy Warlock

Werewolf582
God Cable, Martian Manhunter, Apocalypse

Team fixed.

Also Prep is on the battlefield. However if your characters can leave the battlefield to use it, they can.

Ambient
There's 2 God Cable and Martian Manhunter in the draft picks, are both draftees allowed to use this characters or does one of them have to pick diff. Character?

psycho gundam
You should have all 3 matches run concurrently so that interest doesn't wane

Werewolf582
So whose going to face who?

Ambient
Yes get this going fast.

CadenceV2
Yes get this going fast.
I will as soon I know Supermuatnt is still playing.

You should have all 3 matches run concurrently so that interest doesn't wane
i will.

So whose going to face who?

Since its 6 people I will just go from top to bottom.

I figure I should add this now. Post counts should remain to 5 post for each side. A opening post, 3 posts for arguing, and a ending post. If your post is longer than what's allowed and need two posts to post, go ahead. That will count as one. Basically 5 replies. This should keep it easy to follow for all of us who are judging the others matches.

Since their is 6 people we need to figure out if everyone wants to have 3 seperate matches (best out of 3) or someone needs to get voted back by the players for a second chance, no voting for yourself of course. One of the two so their is no annoying three way match.

CadenceV2
There's 2 God Cable and Martian Manhunter in the draft picks, are both draftees allowed to use this characters or does one of them have to pick diff. Character?

It should be fine, if we do the 3 matches each, i will just make sure they do not meet each other. If we do elimination with a second chancer, then I will post them again against teams there is no doubles of.

beatboks
BTW if players didn't have a problem with my using Obsidian I certainly have no problem keeping him.

CadenceV2
I dont.

Werewolf582
So are the matches gonna look like this?

CadenceV2 vs Existere

Beatboks vs Stanor

Ambient Vs Werewolf582

Supermutant (if he's still playing) automatically goes to round 2

Or are you gonna right everyone's name down on separate pieces of paper and draw them to see who faces who?

CadenceV2
That is how it is looking for matches. Supermutant is not playing.

Existere
And we still have 10 minutes of prep time?

psycho gundam
I kinda want in on this. Is it too late to jump in?

beatboks
Any other players have a problem with Obsidian? For that matter with any choices ? No one seems to have questioned any pick what so ever (which lets face it is bloody rare)

Ambient
Also Prep is on the battlefield. However if your characters can leave the battlefield to use it, they can.
Can u farther clarify this.

Does this mean my characters can be anywhere for the prep stage so long as they have the ability go there. Say God Cable and team teleport to Graymalkin to pick up tech then teleport to X mansion and assembled the whole Xmen rooster and teleport all them back to battlefield?

CadenceV2
Originally posted by Existere
And we still have 10 minutes of prep time?

Yes.

Can u farther clarify this.

Does this mean my characters can be anywhere for the prep stage so long as they have the ability go there. Say God Cable and team teleport to Graymalkin to pick up tech then teleport to X mansion and assembled the whole Xmen rooster and teleport all them back to battlefield?

Yes to all but no to the last. No outside help from other characters. Make sure none of the gear your packing breaks limits either as stated in OP.

I kinda want in on this. Is it too late to jump in?

Make a team fast enough, Stanor has not replied in a few days to the PM if he is still playing.

Ambient
but no to the last. No outside help from other characters.
I thought you can summon? Say The way God Cable bodyslides/ teleports, it automatically brings Deadpool to where he lands. Is Deadpool then considered summoned character? Maybe a little more clarity on where the line is in summoning character and asking for help..

CadenceV2
I thought you can summon? Say The way God Cable bodyslides/ teleports, it automatically brings Deadpool to where he lands. Is Deadpool then considered summoned character? Maybe a little more clarity on where the line is in summoning character and asking for help..

Ouside help is like having a one of a kind character fighting for you. The term Fodder comes to mine when summoning. Summoning a animal, or robot army, or something along those lines is fine. Trying to get together the justice league to fight your war that they should have no interest in fighting (be nice if Batman could get the JL to take care of the Heretic or Apokalypse wouldn't it? He cant) is not allowed.

beatboks
What happened to Abhi?
He was the first one to say he wanted in.
Assume he couldn't find three variations on Superman who were mid herald wink

Ambient
Ouside help is like having a one of a kind character fighting for you. The term Fodder comes to mine when summoning. Summoning a animal, or robot army, or something along those lines is fine. Trying to get together the justice league to fight your war that they should have no interest in fighting (be nice if Batman could get the JL to take care of the Heretic or Apokalypse wouldn't it? He cant) is not allowed.
Aight! So summoning a specific rival/ enemy of the opponents characters would be fine then? Say summoning Lex Luther and Ultron against Superman and Captain America.

Werewolf582
Aight! So summoning a specific rival/ enemy of the opponents characters would be fine then? Say summoning Lex Luther and Ultron against Superman and Captain America.

Something tells me you were going to use multiple man to your strict summoning advantage.

CadenceV2
No. only nameless fodder characters. Summoning means you have complete control over said Beings. summoning a named character like Lex Luther would to fight Superman is not allowed.

Only fodder creatures/machines that fall within the rules.

CadenceV2
Alright all teams are in and ready.

Giving one more day for people to make changes if they wish.

Ambient
Aight! Gonna be interesting..

Something tells me you were going to use multiple man to your strict summoning advantage.
Well kinda luck out on that.. wink

beatboks
OK so NO ONE has a problem with me using Obsidian??

You mentioned there would be limits on summons but haven't said what they are.

Will the limits be per character or team as a whole.

I assume these limits for summons will also apply to duplication??

CadenceV2
Summoning Limits were as such on page one.
Good questions.

If you can push someones power to High Herald, or Trans tier, your not midherald character anymore. Your character must be Mid Herald, and any help in amps apply to this.

Runner can use whatever time he wants, however he is trans tier. Flashes are not allowed either. Im not sure how many speedsters are left to use ten minuets as a lifetime for them. But yes, you can do this.

Yes, Duplication and such are allowed, however I should have put a limit on Summoning. Summoning other beings is the same as outside help to me, but yes, Psychics, soul attackers, beings who can use magic that is no MM ot Time related are fine.

Mid Herald is a level KMC has, however I would mostly use a cap limit. That would be in line with charcters like Wonder Woman, Hulk, or Godzilla ect.

Hope this helps.
You cannot summon anything more powerful than the Mid Herald, and they cannot be named characters. Same rule for Duplication in the fact Duplications are only as powerful as the person doing it. So summoning is the same.

Ambient
More clarification on battlefield, is it open or close? Since were able to leave battlefield on prep, I'm thinking open during prep but how about during battle? Are we still able to use summons then? Open from the outside but impenetrable coming out?

beatboks
I thought there might have been a limit on the number of beings etc you could summon.
So basically as long as whatever you summon isn't above mid herald it's allowed??

Werewolf582
I think what he's trying to say is that you can't summon someone that's more powerful than the who is summoning them.

Ambient
im getting no limit in # of summons and mid Herald power cap level either through amp or power meshing.

CadenceV2
You can summon whoever you want to the battlefield. you must prove they can summon however many beings you say they will with on panel evidence, otherwise its a no limit fallacy argument.

Battlefield is also very much open end.

Ambient
That's what I was getting at per teh rule.

CadenceV2
Ok everyone, sorry its taking so long, works been killer. I will make matches tomorrow morning.

Ambient
Ok!

Might be better if you post confirm who we are going to face off that way we can start drafting our opening post..

Existere
I won't be ready to compete until Monday, but you can make the matches now if you like. I just can't post much this weekend.

Blue_Blazes!
This is Tparks from CV. Let me know if you still need someone for this. Looking to do a tourney outside of CV... need a break from CV battle forums.

If there's room, let me know if this team would be good.

Tech Jacket, XO Manowar (Classic 90's version), and Peter Stancheck 'Sting' (Classic 90's version)

Ambient
Yello? Bump..

beatboks
when is this thing getting off the ground???

Ambient
Www we'll !!! This was fun..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.