The first female killer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
We all know about Cain and Abel.

I havent read the bible regularly in years. Does it mention the first woman to commit a murder?
A Google search didnt give me anything useful.

Shakyamunison
I don't remember her name but it was a female warrior in the OT.

riv6672
OT?

Also, if thats all there is, thats cool, i'm not arguing. I just dont consider killing in war as murder, IF thats what this warrior did.
I was thinking an actual Cain type instance.

Bardock42
OT = Old Testament

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by riv6672
OT?

Also, if thats all there is, thats cool, i'm not arguing. I just dont consider killing in war as murder, IF thats what this warrior did.
I was thinking an actual Cain type instance.

Killing is not murder. You asked for the first female killer in the bible. As far as reality, humans have been killing each other sense before we evolved into humans.

riv6672
Pardon me i misspoke in the thread title even though i said murder quite clearly in the OP. Obviously i agree with you, as i made the distinction myself.
So, is there a first female murderer in the bible to anyone's knowledge?

Shakyamunison
Wow! I can't think of a single women in the bible who murdered.

riv6672
Neither could i, and neither could Google...!

Shakyamunison
Here is as close as I can find.

"According to the biblical accounts, Jezebel incited her husband King Ahab to abandon the worship of Yahweh and encourage worship of the deities Baal and Asherah instead. Jezebel is said to have persecuted the prophets of Yahweh, and to have fabricated false evidence of blasphemy against an innocent landowner who refused to sell his property to King Ahab, causing the landowner to be put to death."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jezebel

Jezebel had someone wrongly put to death. Does that count?

riv6672
It does in my book.
Thanks for this. Appreciate it.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by riv6672
It does in my book.
Thanks for this. Appreciate it.

Why did you want to know?

riv6672
Morbid curiosity.

Laurie

riv6672
Wow...cool. Thanks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.