Which one is more impressive???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Rank these in order.

Stopping Classic Juggernaut forward momentum.
Crumbling enchanted Uru with you bare hands.
Killing a High Herald with a single punch.
Destroying a planet the size of Earth with a single hit.
Destroying Adamantium with your bare hands.
Breaking Wonder Woman lasso.
Pushing Earth.

Silent Master
Whichever one was done by the Hulk.

angel

Bentley
Breaking the lasso... Has that ever happened in canon?

swollenNerd
Originally posted by carver9
Rank these in order.

Pushing Earth.

WWH did not stop jugegrnauts momentum.

Digi
I'm leaning toward the lasso as well.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Lasso

carver9
Didn't Bizarro break it and if so, is it canon?

DarkSaint85
Didn't Bizarro break it and if so, is it canon?

You were convinced it WAS canon....what proof have you got?

This was your response when I posted scans from Trinity:

Not talking about that scene.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by swollenNerd
WWH did not stop jugegrnauts momentum.

I don't think he's talking about a specific occasion, unless he means the time Thor used a godblast to stop him or War Hulk stopped his momentum.

They are times when he has been stopped (not sure if there are more)

Galan007
Lasso.

Branlor Swift
This is the most Hulk veiled thread that has ever Hulked on this forum.

DarkSaint85
In order, from OMG that's hella impressive, XYZ is TEH ABTRACTZ! to meh, Bendis has no idea how to write...

Pushing Earth.
Destroying Primary Adamantium with your bare hands.

IMO.

Philosophía
Wonder Woman's lasso held the Earth spinning into the sun, among others.

That takes it.

Philosophía
It depends what high herald is killed in one punch, and how.

I might put that above, now that I think about it more.

Insane Titan

Mindship
I remember asking once which comic artifact is the most indestructible, and the general consensus was the Lasso. But yeah, killing Superman with one punch would be waayyy more impressive.

LordofBrooklyn
Manitou Raven broke the lasso in continuity.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Manitou Raven broke the lasso in continuity.

When?

h1a8
Rank these in order.

Pushing Earth. breaking the lasso, also it depends on how fast you accelerate push the Earth.

pym-ftw
One Shot a top tier
One Shot Earth
Stop Juggy
Break lasso???

Push Earth

Crush Adamantium
Crush Uru

Dreampanther
Found these - seems like breaking the lasso has less to do with strength and more to do with the fact that it is the Lasso of Truth, which is why Bizarro could break it - his perception of truth is not the same as Wonder Woman's.

http://i.stack.imgur.com/quPc8.jpg

In this instance 'Rama-Khan breaks it because Wonderwoman refuses to accept that he's telling the truth'.

http://i.stack.imgur.com/ax2lc.png

I don't know anything about either of these issues,didn't read them, just found these on the web.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Killing a trans being with a single punch or shot would be also more impressive than most feats here, sans the lasso. Like OWAW Supes did with the Probes ^^.

complexbrother
Killing a high herald with one punch.

Bizzarro broke WW's Lasso

http://i.stack.imgur.com/quPc8.jpg

tkitna
Lasso

Iskandar
Earth? Not so impressive it's kind of small. Now if this was a huge arse planet that made earth look like a speck, yes.

Also, depends on how quickly and by how much the planet is being pushed. Pushing a planet out of a solar system it's in quickly is not as impressive as pushing it out of a galaxy in the same time.

Iskandar
*double post, someone delete this*

carver9
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Killing a trans being with a single punch or shot would be also more impressive than most feats here, sans the lasso. Like OWAW Supes did with the Probes ^^.

SMH

h1a8
Rank these in order.

Pushing Earth. it depends on how fast you accelerate push the Earth. Let's say a=1000m/s^2

Then
1. Breaking the lasso
2. Pushing the Earth
3. Destroying Earth with a single hit
4. Killing a high herald with a punch.
4. Destroying adamantium (the same size as the Uru)
5. Destroying enchanted Uru
6. Stopping Juggernaut.

Star428
I think it's a toss-up between breaking the lasso and destroying Earth with a single hit.

Bentley
The lasso is the best feat. Then moving earth and then killing an herald (depending on who and how this could be higher on the list).

DarkSaint85
Yah. Still not seen proof that A; Bizarro breaking the lasso is canon, and B; if it was done by strength.

abhilegend
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Yah. Still not seen proof that A; Bizarro breaking the lasso is canon, and B; if it was done by strength.
You're taking it backwards. You have to prove its non canon and it was done by something other than strength.

I mean by that standard any mini series is non canon. I don't see people arguing that mini series like Superman/Shazam: First Thunder are non canon. DC had elseworlds prints on non canon stories in that time period. But since you think its canon, here is an interview from Matt Wagner.

http://alankistler.com/2012/03/531/

He said its in continuity but it doesn't means he would take care of everything that happened before. And here he talks about Batman: The Monster Men being the aftermath of Trinity which is a totally canon comic.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2005/08/17/matt-wagner-monster-man?page=1

Mindship
Unfortunately, the only quantifiable feats are one-shot Earthbusting and pushing the Earth (I compared the two in another thread, and iirc, a one-shot Earthbust required more energy; thus, here, that feat would be more impressive).

OTOH, what is impressive in pushing Earth is how the pusher would not go straight through the planet like a BB through cake, and also how all sorts of devastating peripheral effects (tectonic shifting, earthquakes, atmospheric disruption) would be (as they typically are) avoided.

But overall I still say, one-shotting Supes to death would drop everyone's jaw like nothing else, if only because (afaik) it's never been done, not to DC's flagship hero.

(One-shotting Surfer or Thor to death would also be impressive, but they don't carry the symbolic significance that Superman has, so I don't see jaws dropping quite as far).

abhilegend
Oh and a henchman of Queen of Fables broke the lasso by pure strength, not QoF herself.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Who did a one-shot Earthbust btw?

krisblaze
Who did a one-shot Earthbust btw?

They're probably thinking of Hulk flying through an asteroid the size of earth or something.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Mindship
Unfortunately, the only quantifiable feats are one-shot Earthbusting and pushing the Earth (I compared the two in another thread, and iirc, a one-shot Earthbust required more energy; thus, here, that feat would be more impressive).

OTOH, what is impressive in pushing Earth is how the pusher would not go straight through the planet like a BB through cake, and also how all sorts of devastating peripheral effects (tectonic shifting, earthquakes, atmospheric disruption) would be (as they typically are) avoided.

But overall I still say, one-shotting Supes to death would drop everyone's jaw like nothing else, if only because (afaik) it's never been done, not to DC's flagship hero.

(One-shotting Surfer or Thor to death would also be impressive, but they don't carry the symbolic significance that Superman has, so I don't see jaws dropping quite as far).
Moving earth would take more energy due to the gravimatric forces of all the heavenly bodies on it.

abhilegend
Who did a one-shot Earthbust btw? Originally posted by krisblaze
They're probably thinking of Hulk flying through an asteroid the size of earth or something.
SMP did it.

krisblaze
Originally posted by abhilegend
SMP did it.

Oh when he flew through the alternate earth?

I don't know why, but it didn't impress me at all actually. Seems like something Superman, Hyperion, Gladiator, Thor or any of the mid/high heralds could do.

Surfer exploded a planet in Annihilation as well I suppose, and Thor's broken a few planetoids/the moon when he was beating on him/warlock.

Anyways, on the list it would probably be killing Superman with one punch (if he's the one we're using for HH).

Mindship

carver9
Originally posted by krisblaze

I don't know why, but it didn't impress me at all actually. Seems like something Superman, Hyperion, Gladiator, Thor or any of the mid/high heralds could do.

Surfer exploded a planet in Annihilation as well I suppose, and Thor's broken a few planetoids/the moon when he was beating on him/warlock.

Anyways, on the list it would probably be killing Superman with one punch (if he's the one we're using for HH).

Something similar has happened.

I thought killing a high Herald would be like the 5th choice here with the lasso, Juggernaut forward momentum, etc, being number one.

h1a8
Something similar has happened.

I thought killing a high Herald would be like the 5th choice here with the lasso, Juggernaut forward momentum, etc, being number one.

It takes less than planetary force to stop Juggernaut, if it didn't then the Earth would have gave in BEFORE War Hulk stopped him. Anyway, I don't see Juggs moving planets with his enchantment.

The lasso cannot be broken through pure strength, it takes some type of context (like truth and magic).

Anyway moving the Earth using a significant acceleration could take more than 100 Earth weights of force or more. It takes less than 1 Earth weight of force to destroy Earth itself. Going by averages, a shot that can destroy a planet in one blow should kill a high herald. Going by high end showings then

1. Breaking the lasso
2. Pushing the Earth using a significant acceleration
3. Killing a high herald with a punch.
4. Destroying Earth with a single hit
5. Destroying adamantium (the same size as the Uru)
6. Destroying enchanted Uru
7. Stopping Juggernaut.

Originally posted by Star428
I think it's a toss-up between breaking the lasso and destroying Earth with a single hit. Moving the Earth using a significant acceleration takes more force than destroying it with a punch. A lot more. Think more than 100 Earth weights or more.

Prof. T.C McAbe

Grey Hulk who was hurled against it, i remember and would say it is a durability feat, he didn't punch though.

Originally posted by abhilegend
SMP did it.

SBP flew just through it iirc, though unlike Grey Hulk under his own power.

But straight up by a punch?

DarkSaint85
I'd say so.

Strength definitely comes into it.

After all, if the Flash (who has kept up with Superman before) has the same amount of thrust propelling him - would we say he can push the Earth as well? Def not.

krisblaze
^Hulk had some rocket thrusters attached to him or something, stuff was retarded anyways.

It was just a large rock, nothing like a planet (despite people wanting to equate it to a planet-busting feat)

DarkSaint85
^Hulk had some rocket thrusters attached to him or something, stuff was retarded anyways.

It was just a large rock, nothing like a planet (despite people wanting to equate it to a planet-busting feat)

He had rocket boots and was also shot out of a cannon or something like that.

IF a bullet smashes through body armour, do we say the bullet was 'strong'?

carver9
It was def strength in play of that ft. A lot of strength. Him flying into something is just like Prime flying into Earth, no difference. The only difference is, that meteor was twice the size of Earth.

carver9

IF a bullet smashes through body armour, do we say the bullet was 'strong'?

Can't believe I agree with this guy.

DarkRaiden
Juggs is 1 imo
then High herald

abhilegend

abhilegend

Drax also did it, twice. Terrax did it in one attack.

When did Thor destroy a moon fighting Adam Warlock? And if we're going by energy attacks lots of people have done that.

Galan007

IF a bullet smashes through body armour, do we say the bullet was 'strong'? Rocket-springs, ftw! thumb up

Philosophía
It's more of a durability feat, than a strength feat, for Hulk.

Sabro
Stopping Juggernaut wins

h1a8
Originally posted by Sabro
Stopping Juggernaut wins why? What's the greatest force or obstacle Juggs overpowered with his unstoppable enchantment? I don't see War Hulk killing a herald with a single punch. And I don't believe Juggernaut can move planets with his enchantment.

carver9
Originally posted by h1a8
why? What's the greatest force or obstacle Juggs overpowered with his unstoppable enchantment? I don't see War Hulk killing a herald with a single punch. And I don't believe Juggernaut can move planets with his enchantment.

The god blast. He walked through it. Pushed War Hulk

One_Angry_Scot
The god blast. He walked through it. Pushed War Hulk

Was there an occasion other than this one then?

I just wasn't too sure.

http://i.imgur.com/lEJ5alE.jpg

h1a8
The god blast. He walked through it. Pushed War Hulk he didn't overpower it. If he did then it would have been impressive. War Hulk wasn't that strong at first. So him pushing him back is nothing. After war hulk stopped him, I seriously doubt war hulk could one shot KILL a herald with a punch.

Sabro
why? What's the greatest force or obstacle Juggs overpowered with his unstoppable enchantment? I don't see War Hulk killing a herald with a single punch. And I don't believe Juggernaut can move planets with his enchantment.
I feel like stopping him is skyfather level achievement as he is powered by being who hangs with Elder Gods.

juggerman
Originally posted by DarkRaiden
Juggs is 1 imo
then High herald

Stopping Juggernaut wins

Juggernaut

DarkSaint85
I feel like stopping him is skyfather level achievement as he is powered by being who hangs with Elder Gods.

Isn't the lasso made from Gaeas girdle, who's Elder God level?

golem370
Would the Uru crushing be higher then crushing adamantium considering the hammer destroyed that adamantium statue?

Also where is destroying the asteroid that with twice the size of earth.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by golem370
Would the Uru crushing be higher then crushing adamantium considering the hammer destroyed that adamantium statue?

Also where is destroying the asteroid that with twice the size of earth.

Carver was referencing Gray Hull doing it. Which isn't a strength feat, so not really impressive as such.

Uru has definitely dented adamntium before too, come to think of it.

h1a8
I feel like stopping him is skyfather level achievement as he is powered by being who hangs with Elder Gods. Skyfathers can't normally kill a high herald with a single blow, nor could they physically damage uru or adamantium. Any showings of it are very rare outliers.

With that said, Juggs enchantment is less than planetary. The reason why we should know this is because Juggs can be stopped before the Earth is pushed back (or gives in).

The Sorrow
Carver was referencing Gray Hull doing it. Which isn't a strength feat, so not really impressive as such.

Uru has definitely dented adamntium before too, come to think of it.
Lol of course it's a strength feat, Hulk literally destroyed the asteroid.

Also Adamantium is definitely more durable than Uru as implied by Thor himself, aswell as the fact Uru has been destroyed several times.

As for the thread it depends who is performing said feat I guess but one-shot killing a top high herald would be most impressive, this rarely ever happens, followed by one-shotting a planet. On this list crushing Uru is the least impressive imo.

krisblaze
Skyfathers can't normally kill a high herald with a single blow, nor could they physically damage uru or adamantium. Any showings of it are very rare outliers.

With that said, Juggs enchantment is less than planetary. The reason why we should know this is because Juggs can be stopped before the Earth is pushed back (or gives in).

Odin's dropped Surfer like a bag of 'tatoes.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Lol of course it's a strength feat, Hulk literally destroyed the asteroid.

Also Adamantium is definitely more durable than Uru as implied by Thor himself, aswell as the fact Uru has been destroyed several times.

As for the thread it depends who is performing said feat I guess but one-shot killing a top high herald would be most impressive, this rarely ever happens, followed by one-shotting a planet. On this list crushing Uru is the least impressive imo.

So if I shoot a rifle bullet at a watermelon, and it explodes - I have a 'strong' bullet?

When hollow points mushroom and blow someone's head, is is a strength feat for my hollow point? Can I brag about the strength of my bullet? If body armour stops the bullet, should I go to the shop and complain that my bullets are too weak?

Or do I bite the bullet(!) and say the blowing up of the watermelon is a function of the bullet's propellant, and it's hardness?

The Hulk was a bullet, nothing more. He was propelled by rocket springs, and hit the asteroid as it was hurtling towards Earth (at a high speed, too). He then collided with the asteroid, and his own durability meant he smashed it. But we always knew the Hulk is more durable than rock.

Second analogy. If a car is speeding towards a wall, and smashes into it, totalling the car - do we say the wall has strength? Yes, linguistically, we do, lol, but it's not as if the wall exerted its muscles.

The Sorrow
So if I shoot a rifle bullet at a watermelon, and it explodes - I have a 'strong' bullet?

When hollow points mushroom and blow someone's head, is is a strength feat for my hollow point? Can I brag about the strength of my bullet? If body armour stops the bullet, should I go to the shop and complain that my bullets are too weak?

Or do I bite the bullet(!) and say the blowing up of the watermelon is a function of the bullet's propellant, and it's hardness?

The Hulk was a bullet, nothing more. He was propelled by rocket springs, and hit the asteroid as it was hurtling towards Earth (at a high speed, too). He then collided with the asteroid, and his own durability meant he smashed it. But we always knew the Hulk is more durable than rock.

Second analogy. If a car is speeding towards a wall, and smashes into it, totalling the car - do we say the wall has strength? Yes, linguistically, we do, lol, but it's not as if the wall exerted its muscles.
Except the ratio in size difference between Hulk and an asteroid TWICE Earths size is astronomically bigger compared to that of a rifle bullet and a melon. Plus that is what a hollow point is designed to do. There are plenty of bullet types or sizes that WOULDN'T destroy the melon, your analogy doesn't really fit this example.

Hulk literally smashed the asteroid on impact, that wouldn't have happened if he was simply "fired like a bullet" and let his durability take care of the rest. IIRC prior to the feat it was implied if not outright stated that only the Hulk was strong enough to pull it off which is why he was even involved.

carver9
Except the ratio in size difference between Hulk and an asteroid TWICE Earths size is astronomically bigger compared to that of a rifle bullet and a melon. Plus that is what a hollow point is designed to do. There are plenty of bullet types or sizes that WOULDN'T destroy the melon, your analogy doesn't really fit this example.

Hulk literally smashed the asteroid on impact, that wouldn't have happened if he was simply "fired like a bullet" and let his durability take care of the rest. IIRC prior to the feat it was implied if not outright stated that only the Hulk was strong enough to pull it off which is why he was even involved.

thumb up

Don't know what Dark was talking about.

DarkSaint85

Proof that it wouldn't have happened if he hadn't been used as a cannonball?

Your argument can be explained away by comic book physics, which is this:

Your argument says that at smaller sizes, a bullet wouldn't smash a watermelon because it's too tiny - firing a ball bearing at a watermelon would just cause it to pierce the melon, not smash it, correct?

That's real life.

In comics, size/mass ratios are ignored. So Superman can catch a falling plane without ripping chunks of it off, or Hulk can lift tanks without it collapsing under its own weight, or Aquaman can lift cruise ships without them snapping in half. They even have to come up with a BS explanation for Superman, with his TK crap or whatever. But generally, size/mass ratios are ignored in comics.

So in a comic, firing small bullets at large objects could well cause them to blow apart, because comic writers/artists aren't concerned with RL physics.

My point still stands, however. He was fired at the asteroid, and they doubted he would be strong enough, even with the assist. He smashed into the point of it (it wasn't a nice spherical ball, but shaped) and broke it. Perhaps, rather than thinking of a smushy watermelon, think of something more brittle. The point would still stand.

So imagine an extremely hard, but brittle material. I can use an extreme, and use glass. In this case, firing a ball bearing at a pointed shaped glass mass WOULD cause it to shatter, even if it's a small ball bearing.

carver9
Dark...compare Hulk to the size of Earth. Now compare him to something twice the size of Earth. Hulk hitting a meteor TWICE the size of Earth is like a flee with high end durability going at super speed ramming Earth. It won't do a thing to it. Think Dark and compare the size unless you think a bullet can be shot at Earth and destroy it. The size of Hulk compared to something twice the size of the earth is pretty much the same thing.

DarkSaint85
So when Aquaman lifts a cruise ship, and it doesn't snap in half.....should we think about the RL physics of it?

When the Hulk punches something twice the size of Earth and smashes it, should we think about the RL physics of it?

Because trust me, you don't want to go down that route.

Because what you are essentially saying is that the force produced by propelling the Hulk at the asteroid is not enough to smash it - but the force transmitted THROUGH HIS FISTS by punching it, even though the size of his fist is even smaller than the whole of the Hulk, is enough.

Think, carver, think.

If the Hulk punches the asteroid, what is making contact? His knuckles. Let's be generous, and say his fist.

Compare his fist to the the asteroid TWICE the size of the EArth. That's like a flea with high end durabilty punching the EArth.

Somehow, you and Sorrow are asking me to believe that firing the Hulk is not enough to smash the asteroid - but if he were to use his fists (with a MUCH smaller surface area) he can, because he now has his arm and back muscles providing extra thrust???

REALLY?

Astner
Pushing Earth.

krisblaze
Astner where is the quote in your signature from?

It's not Vinland Saga, is it?

Astner
Astner where is the quote in your signature from?

It's not Vinland Saga, is it?
No, it's from my own work.

carver9
So when Aquaman lifts a cruise ship, and it doesn't snap in half.....should we think about the RL physics of it?

When the Hulk punches something twice the size of Earth and smashes it, should we think about the RL physics of it?

Because trust me, you don't want to go down that route.

Because what you are essentially saying is that the force produced by propelling the Hulk at the asteroid is not enough to smash it - but the force transmitted THROUGH HIS FISTS by punching it, even though the size of his fist is even smaller than the whole of the Hulk, is enough.

Think, carver, think.

If the Hulk punches the asteroid, what is making contact? His knuckles. Let's be generous, and say his fist.

Compare his fist to the the asteroid TWICE the size of the EArth. That's like a flea with high end durabilty punching the EArth.

Somehow, you and Sorrow are asking me to believe that firing the Hulk is not enough to smash the asteroid - but if he were to use his fists (with a MUCH smaller surface area) he can, because he now has his arm and back muscles providing extra thrust???

REALLY?

Your entire post is basically what we are saying. Strength played a role in that ft. This doesn't have a thing to do with durability because like I've stated before (by the way, YOU are the one who started using real life physics for a comic...remember, bullet vs watermelon). I don't think a flee could destroy earth if it's propelled at super speed. Now if that flee was propelled at super speed and had high end STRENGTH along with great durability, it sure can happen. By the way, you naming all of Hulk's and Superman, AND Aquaman strength fts doesn't help your argument.

Astner
All I know is that Wonder Woman broke her lasso in the Red Son series.

DarkSaint85
No, you're not getting my point.

Analogy time.

Let's say I have two walls. And I shot you at one of them. This will be wall A. At wall B, you stand in front of it, and punched it. Let's say it take 100 joules of energy to smash it. You've been drinking your milk, so you swole, you can smash it.

From the wall's perspective, you flying into the wall with your fists outstretched, like your fav comic character Superman, is EXACTLY the same as you standing in front and punching it like your fav character Superman. It is STILL your fists that make contact, and it is still the same amount of energy needed to smash the wall. No matter how you hit the wall, it still takes 100J to smash it.

NOW. You and Sorrow are saying its a strength feat (and purely, as you said it has NOTHING to do with durability) But the wall don't care. You still impact it with 100J of energy. Yet, strangely, you're saying that being shot at the wall (imagine its a massive wall, twice the size of Earth ) with 100J of energy is < punching it with 100J of energy, because......the wall is really big.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Astner
All I know is that Wonder Woman broke her lasso in the Red Son series.

Non-canon.

carver9
No, you're not getting my point.

Analogy time.

Let's say I have two walls. And I shot you at one of them. This will be wall A. At wall B, you stand in front of it, and punched it. Let's say it take 100 joules of energy to smash it. You've been drinking your milk, so you swole, you can smash it.

From the wall's perspective, you flying into the wall with your fists outstretched, like your fav comic character Superman, is EXACTLY the same as you standing in front and punching it like your fav character Superman. It is STILL your fists that make contact, and it is still the same amount of energy needed to smash the wall. No matter how you hit the wall, it still takes 100J to smash it.

NOW. You and Sorrow are saying its a strength feat (and purely, as you said it has NOTHING to do with durability) But the wall don't care. You still impact it with 100J of energy. Yet, strangely, you're saying that being shot at the wall (imagine its a massive wall, twice the size of Earth ) with 100J of energy is < punching it with 100J of energy, because......the wall is really big.

I think it's a strength, durability, and flight ft. Strength had its part in it unless again, you think a bullet can destroy Earth because Hulk compared to something TWICE the size of Earth is pretty much the same thing as something the size of a bullet destroying Earth. That's where you are missing a couple of pieces. The size difference. Hulk isn't even the size of a dust mite compared to something twice the size of Earth, so again, strength had to have had play in it...a lot of play. Your analogies doesn't make sense and has nothing to do with what happened.

DarkSaint85
So how does he punch and smash the asteroid? If he is a dust mite, his fists are even smaller.

Prof. T.C McAbe
7i__lFV9NU4

DarkSaint85
No, no, you don't get it.

If the melon was massive, then the bullet wouldn't smash it.

HOWEVER, if the bullet had tiny fists, and punched the melon, even though it's the exact same sized melon, and the bullet's fists were even smaller, then that massive melon would explode. Because somehow, that extra energy from the tiny fists would negate any earlier arguments about the melon's size.

carver9
So how does he punch and smash the asteroid? If he is a dust mite, his fists are even smaller.

Planetary strength? The same way he held planet Sakaar together that was much larger than Earth or Terrax small ax laying waste to a planet. Not naming every planet busting or planet moving ft.

Prof. T.C McAbe

HOWEVER, if the bullet had tiny fists, and punched the melon, even though it's the exact same sized melon, and the bullet's fists were even smaller, then that massive melon would explode. Because somehow, that extra energy from the tiny fists would negate any earlier arguments about the melon's size.

Mea culpa.

^^

carver9

thumb up

So we are in agreement that the same bullet in that clip can destroy earth?

carver9
Mea culpa.

^^

Did strength have anything to do with this showings?

http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/576/310137-moonbust4doqm1_super.jpg

DarkSaint85
thumb up

So we are in agreement that the same bullet in that clip can destroy earth?

In comic book terms, yes, if propelled enough.

IOW, PIS :-)

Prof. T.C McAbe

In a way as he did it under his own power, so it was a testymony to his durability and his flyingpower

carver9
In comic book terms, yes, if propelled enough.

IOW, PIS :-)

laughing out loud

How fast was Hulk propelled?

DarkSaint85

That's a weaksauce feat, and has no place in this awesome thread. A moon? Please.

But to answer your question, a testament to his thrust and the durability of his fists.

carver9
In a way as he did it under his own power, so it was a testymony to his durability and his flyingpower

So it's not a strength ft?

Prof. T.C McAbe

It is for people who can fly. It is the same as Superman lifting something while flying, it is a strength feat. ^^

DarkSaint85
laughing out loud

How fast was Hulk propelled?

Well, the boots increased his jumping exponentially (so he was amped, which degrades the feat further), and he admitted without them, he had never jumped so fast and so far before.

So I'd say, fast enough to smash that asteroid. Don't forget, it was also hurtling towards Earth, so you'd have to take that into account. There's a reason two cars colliding head on causes more damage than hitting a stationary car.

DarkSaint85

Then you have to answer the question, how does Superman fly.

If it is through his 'flying muscles', whatever they may be, then the feat is a function of his flying muscles. His thruster. So you COULD define it as a strength feat.

carver9
It is for people who can fly. It is the same as Superman lifting something while flying, it is a strength feat. ^^

So it's a strength ft for Superman because he propelled himself into something taking it out but for Hulk, it's not a strength ft? Gotcha.

carver9
Then you have to answer the question, how does Superman fly.

If it is through his 'flying muscles', whatever they may be, then the feat is a function of his flying muscles. His thruster. So you COULD define it as a strength feat.

So again, it's a strength ft because he FLEW into something destroying it but when Hulk does the same thing, it isn't a strength ft. You do know the device that launched Hulk had something to do with his jumping power right? Even if that isn't the case, you're being a hypocrite right now.

Prof. T.C McAbe
So it's a strength ft for Superman because he propelled himself into something taking it out but for Hulk, it's not a strength ft? Gotcha.

Because he did it under his own power, yes. You finally understand.

DarkSaint85
So again, it's a strength ft because he FLEW into something destroying it but when Hulk does the same thing, it isn't a strength ft. You do know the device that launched Hulk had something to do with his jumping power right? Even if that isn't the case, you're being a hypocrite right now.

What?

I said IF. I have no idea how Superman flies. It could be mental TK, or whatever - I HAVE NO CLUE. He could have a flying bladder in his body that puffs up with hot air, for all I know. All I said was, IF he had a 'flying muscle' (check quotes), then him going through it is a function of his flying muscles, and so, you could define it as a strength feat, as it is a product of his flying muscles. Which, obviously, wouldn't help in an armwrestling contest, for example, as diff muscle groups.

And I do know it amped his jumping capabilities. I was the one who brought it up.

Not to mention, again, that piddly moon (nonfeat, really) was stationary. Hulk had the benefit of the asteroid moving towards him.

golem370
If you don't consider it a strength then everytime a super strong flier flew into something and destroyed it then that also not called a strength feat.

Rao Kal El
1.- Breaking Wonder Woman lasso with pure strength

2.- Killing a High Herald with a single punch.

3.- Pushing Earth. outside of it's orbital trench

4.- Destroying a planet the size of Earth with a single hit.

5.- Destroying primary adamantium

6.- Stopping Classic Juggernaut forward momentum.

7.- Crumbling enchanted Uru with you bare hands.

But contending with 1 "one shooting unknown number of probes capable of owning teams of heroes" evil face

carver9
Sigh

carver9
Because he did it under his own power, yes. You finally understand.

So it's a strength ft? Hulk did his under his own power at a MUCH slower rate.

Rao Kal El
Sigh

What? herbdance

carver9
What?

I said IF. I have no idea how Superman flies. It could be mental TK, or whatever - I HAVE NO CLUE. He could have a flying bladder in his body that puffs up with hot air, for all I know. All I said was, IF he had a 'flying muscle' (check quotes), then him going through it is a function of his flying muscles, and so, you could define it as a strength feat, as it is a product of his flying muscles. Which, obviously, wouldn't help in an armwrestling contest, for example, as diff muscle groups.

And I do know it amped his jumping capabilities. I was the one who brought it up.

Not to mention, again, that piddly moon (nonfeat, really) was stationary. Hulk had the benefit of the asteroid moving towards him.

no expression How don't you know how Superman flies? It has nothing to do with strength (that doesn't even make sense).

So Cannonball from the Xmen could have destroyed the meteor twice the size of Earth?

DarkSaint85
no expression How don't you know how Superman flies? It has nothing to do with strength (that doesn't even make sense).

So Cannonball from the Xmen could have destroyed the meteor twice the size of Earth?

Lol. This is one of those days, I see. Read what I wrote, think about it, then reply.

I posted using the term flying 'muscles'. See the quotation marks? I used the term to not literally mean he had a muscle in his back that enables him to fly. I used that term to describe some mechanism by which he flies, whatever that may be. AND if he flew this way, then him pushing through that moon (still not sure why you are bringing up people who aren't in the thread) is a result of his flying 'muscle' WHATEVER IT MAY BE.

Your argument of bringing up Cannonball is stupid. 'Oh, he flies, like Superman flies, so if DS is saying that Superman destroyed it with flight, then Cannonball can do it too herp derp'.

'Oh, Carver said that Hulk destroyed it with superstrength, Spiderman too has superstrength, so Spiderman can destroy an asteroid twice the size of Earth herpderp'. That is essentially your argument.

Now stop. Reread my post. Scroll back up, and try and understand what we're saying.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
1.- Breaking Wonder Woman lasso with pure strength

2.- Killing a High Herald with a single punch.

3.- Pushing Earth. outside of it's orbital trench

4.- Destroying a planet the size of Earth with a single hit.

5.- Destroying primary adamantium

6.- Stopping Classic Juggernaut forward momentum.

7.- Crumbling enchanted Uru with you bare hands.

But contending with 1 "one shooting unknown number of probes capable of owning teams of heroes" evil face

thumb up

carver9
Lol. This is one of those days, I see. Read what I wrote, think about it, then reply.

I posted using the term flying 'muscles'. See the quotation marks? I used the term to not literally mean he had a muscle in his back that enables him to fly. I used that term to describe some mechanism by which he flies, whatever that may be. AND if he flew this way, then him pushing through that moon (still not sure why you are bringing up people who aren't in the thread) is a result of his flying 'muscle' WHATEVER IT MAY BE.

Your argument of bringing up Cannonball is stupid. 'Oh, he flies, like Superman flies, so if DS is saying that Superman destroyed it with flight, then Cannonball can do it too herp derp'.

'Oh, Carver said that Hulk destroyed it with superstrength, Spiderman too has superstrength, so Spiderman can destroy an asteroid twice the size of Earth herpderp'. That is essentially your argument.

Now stop. Reread my post. Scroll back up, and try and understand what we're saying.

Cannonball is invulnerable when in flight. If he fly fast enough, (and Hulk breaking an object twice the size of Earth was more of a durability ft than strength) shouldn't Cannonball be able to replicate said ft if he is propelled at the speed Hulk was going?

DarkSaint85
If he flew fast enough, yes.

carver9
If he flew fast enough, yes.

laughing out loud

DarkSaint85
laughing out loud

I know. PIS of the highest order.

Just like Gray Hulk and the asteroid smile

carver9

Time to end this. Per the scan below.

I still don't believe his STRENGTH COMBINED WITH THE THRUSTERS will be enough.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb158/SonicKMC/7538bd0e_ga.jpg

And to add to the ft...the device went out before Hulk even made it to the asteroid. Back on topic. Which ft is #1?

DarkSaint85
Time to end this. Per the scan below.

I still don't believe his STRENGTH COMBINED WITH THE THRUSTERS will be enough.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb158/SonicKMC/7538bd0e_ga.jpg

And to add to the ft...the device went out before Hulk even made it to the asteroid. Back on topic. Which ft is #1?

In space....there's no wind resistance. You DO know that, right? So it doesn't matter whether the device was still attached, as all that matters is, as per Hulk's own words, it amped him to jump further and faster than ever before. So it takes away from the feat.

Back on topic. Wonder Woman's lasso is still #1. And seems to be the general view here too.

carver9
In space....there's no wind resistance. You DO know that, right? So it doesn't matter whether the device was still attached, as all that matters is, as per Hulk's own words, it amped him to jump further and faster than ever before. So it takes away from the feat.

Back on topic. Wonder Woman's lasso is still #1. And seems to be the general view here too.

You're clearly trolling. Concede. It's stated right there on panel that Hulk strength comes into play of the ft. Give up and move on. Also, since the days of Grey Hulk, he has jumped out of the atmosphere with ease so he should be able to replicate the ft even without the boosters.

DarkSaint85
Fair enough, I concede, there was the strength of his legs involved.

carver9
Fair enough, I concede, there was the strength of his legs involved.

Lol...we are done. Glad I was able to find that scan. Nice debating with you though.

The Sorrow

Pretty much all it boils down to.

You aren't comfortable with Gray Hulk having a planetary feat so you use strawmans and pointless analogies to try and discredit it. Unnecessarily overcomplicating what was a pretty simple scene to follow.

DarkSaint85
Pretty much all it boils down to.

You aren't comfortable with Gray Hulk having a planetary feat so you use strawmans and pointless analogies to try and discredit it. Unnecessarily overcomplicating what was a pretty simple scene to follow.

I am, absolutely comfortable with it. It is you and carver who are overcomplicating things.

The thread asked which is more impressive. And whilst it IS impressive, he DID have help, and it's not a pure strength feat. Simple as. He had help. And the story explicitly has him saying he was unable to do it under his own power.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Strength/GreyHulkStrikingPower05.jpg

carver9
With a LITTLE help from Anti - Magnetic - Jet - Propelled rocket. Key word "LITTLE". I agree with Sorrow though.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Still it is one of the less impressive feats here, so let's not linger on too much. The lasso seems to be the most impressive by the votes.

carver9
Who bought that up?

Prof. T.C McAbe
Who bought that up?

Does it matter, it was cleared that it was a durability feat mostly and with help. *shrug

There are more impressive feats here.

Galan007
He anyone posted the entire scene yet? If not, here it is:
http://i.imgur.com/gHSSIhb.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/xbR7212.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/gfL4Fg7.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wmWkzxc.jpg

As you can see, the rocket springs catapulted Hulk 'faster and farther than ever before'. They propelled him with such force/speed, in fact, that he didn't even begin slowing down until AFTER he busted through the asteroid(last scan.) He must have been moving effing FAST.

Suffice to say: Hulk was essentially a bullet shot out of a gun in that scene. Calling it solely a brute strength feat is, well, wrong. Did it require a great deal of strength/durability? Sure. Is it remotely comparable to walking up to a mass twice the size of earth and destroying it with a single punch? Absolutely not. The added force/speed/velocity gained from the rocket springs was detrimental to that feat. This is unarguable.

I'd also like to remind everyone that from a composition standpoint, asteroids=/=planets. Thus destroying an earth-sized asteroid is not indicative of being able to destroy the earth itself. After all, if we're trying to say that Grey Hulk is a planetary power, then Pineapple Thing must be as well, given their battle in F4 #320. smile

carver9
Originally posted by Galan007
He anyone posted the entire scene yet? If not, here it is:
http://i.imgur.com/gHSSIhb.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/xbR7212.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/gfL4Fg7.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wmWkzxc.jpg

As you can see, the rocket springs catapulted Hulk 'faster and farther than ever before'. They propelled him with such force/speed, in fact, that he didn't even begin slowing down until AFTER he busted through the asteroid(last scan.) He must have been moving effing FAST.

Suffice to say: Hulk was essentially a bullet shot out of a gun in that scene. Calling it solely a brute strength feat is, well, wrong. Did it require a great deal of strength/durability? Sure. Is it remotely comparable to walking up to a mass twice the size of earth and destroying it with a single punch? Absolutely not. The added force/speed/velocity gained from the rocket springs was detrimental to that feat. This is unarguable.

I'd also like to remind everyone that from a composition standpoint, asteroids=/=planets. Thus destroying an earth-sized asteroid is not indicative of being able to destroy the earth itself. After all, if we're trying to say that Grey Hulk is a planetary power, then Pineapple Thing must be as well, given their battle in F4 #320. smile

Don't think anyone here is saying that it's a pure strength ft. Also, using a fight against Pineapple thing to justify Hulk's strength is, wrong on all accts.

Galan007
Also, using a fight against Pineapple thing to justify Hulk's strength is, wrong on all accts. I'm not justifying anything. confused

Rao Kal El
I think lifting with one hand enough solar mass to destroy a solar system is better evil face

carver9
Originally posted by Galan007
I'm not justifying anything. confused

That's what I got from your last statement but if I misjudged your comment then my bad (even though I think you used Pineapple Thing as a comparison).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.