Star Wars The Clone Wars Utapau arc on starwars.com!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy Awesome! big grin

King Joker
They were good. Sucks it wasn't fully animated. And Ahsoka being talked about made it a lot better.

DarthAnt66
thumb up I really loved it. I didn't mind for the animation, the dialogue and plot development between Anakin and Kenobi made it better then most TCW episodes.

Darth Abonis
It was okay. The giant Kyber crystal was so stupid though. It is obviously implying that a Kyber crystal was/will be used to power the Death Star. Another example of trying to meld the two trilogies together and further polluting the awesomeness that is the OT.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
Another example of trying to meld the two trilogies together and further polluting the awesomeness that is the OT.
Oh... you're one of those people.

Darth Abonis
The Death Star was a technological marvel and diatomically separate from the Force, which is why Vader wasn't impressed with it. Now that it is connected to something that powers a lightsaber; it takes away a lot of credence to what Vader says.
Also on an unrelated note, seeing Anakin show an interest and aptitude with blasters was both uncharacteristic and unsettling.

Nephthys
The Death Star was a technological marvel and diatomically separate from the Force, which is why Vader wasn't impressed with it. Now that it is connected to something that powers a lightsaber; it takes away a lot of credence to what Vader says.

thumb up

Selenial
Also, them episode 4 references.

"such a, A clumsy weapon" - Referencing ben's discussion about Saber vs Blaster, and of course the "That's no mound... That's a space ship!"

Selenial
Quick question, there were only 3 episodes right? The ending seemed a bit cliff hangery

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Selenial
Quick question, there were only 3 episodes right? The ending seemed a bit cliff hangery
Nah there was a fourth one.

NTJack0
Also on an unrelated note, seeing Anakin show an interest and aptitude with blasters was both uncharacteristic and unsettling. I hardly see the issue here.

Emperordmb
The issue is that people love shitting on the PT and anything affiliated with it.

Nephthys
Because the PT is shit.

ares834
Also on an unrelated note, seeing Anakin show an interest and aptitude with blasters was both uncharacteristic and unsettling.

Why? I thought it was great and in line with his character.

Anyway, sad to see that we won't ever see these episodes finished. They managed to deliver something I've wanted to see since the show began. A well done Anakin/Obi-Wan story.

McP
lol @ Obi-Wan vs Grievous

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Emperordmb
The issue is that people love shitting on the PT and anything affiliated with it.

lol

DARTH POWER

Sad but true.

Selenial
Nah there was a fourth one.

Found it, had to reset my cache. For some reason it only played a 47 second trailer for their clash of clans rip off game whenever I tried to play the last episode...

NewGuy01
I'm having the same problem!

red8
Honestly, this was one of the better arcs. They should have animated this one instead of the Jar Jar or Banking Clan arcs.

thumb up

Selenial
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I'm having the same problem!

Are you watching it on an IPhone? stick out tongue

Seems random but that's what I was having my issue on, going desktop fixed it.

NewGuy01
Nope, was on my desktop. Clearing my cache did the trick.

Lord Stark
Any cool battles?

ares834
Well the "animation" is absolute shit, so... no?

Lord Stark
Originally posted by ares834
Well the "animation" is absolute shit, so... no?

I mean are there any confrontations? Like a Dooku or Grievous fight?

Nephthys
Grievous owns Kenobi at one point.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Lord Stark
I mean are there any confrontations? Like a Dooku or Grievous fight?

Dude just watch them:

http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

I've not actually got around to watching them myself yet. But seen a little and I wish they would have given us SOD like this as well. Sam Witwer makes Maul a bad ass.

Originally posted by Nephthys
Grievous owns Kenobi at one point.

Oh Great.

facepalm

Nephthys
Like, its barely even a real fight.

DARTH POWER
Oh that's alrite then.

Nephthys
No I mean Grievous beats him so easily that you can barely even call it a fight.

NewGuy01
Yeah they clash once or twice, then Grievous suckers him and floors him with sabers crossing at his neck Dooku-style.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Nephthys
No I mean Grievous beats him so easily that you can barely even call it a fight.

Excellent. http://i.imgur.com/YTG2PZC.png

Also those duel wielding Magnaguards were giving Kenobi and Skywalker serious difficulty (Granted they couldn't outright destroy them). One even scored a blow on Anakin's arm. Lol at Skywalker rage pushing it and then going 'whoops' though.

red8
The two magnaguards did well in pure sabers. Kenobi got disarmed and Skywalker had to resort to using the force.

Grievous was pretty badass for the most part in the arc.

NewGuy01
Those two Magnaguards each wielded two electrostaffs. They don't seem like your average MG's.

DARTH POWER
Finally saw this.

Yes Grievous owned Kenobi. Grievous seems to be more dangerous when using 2 Sabers and catching his opponent off guard with one of his free hands. But don't get why Kenobi was throwing boxes at Grievous instead of just TK'ing him straight.

Also I like the Kyber crystal connection to the Death Star. Because it always was a mystery where the heck this station, powerful enough to destroy planets in one shot, came from. I was hoping the PT would address that but it never did. And it can't just be that "oh because he's emperor." I mean why does no one else have this kind of technology?

It adds to the idea that Palpatine used all his Sith Knowledge and Powers to take over the Galaxy. So taking over the Galaxy like that is not just something someone who wasn't a Jedi/Sith could have done.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Finally saw this.

Yes Grievous owned Kenobi. Grievous seems to be more dangerous when using 2 Sabers and catching his opponent off guard with one of his free hands. But don't get why Kenobi was throwing boxes at Grievous instead of just TK'ing him straight.

PIS, which is the only reason non-Force sensitives are ever able to get the better of any moderately trained adept in a "fair fight" scenario.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by The_Tempest
PIS, which is the only reason non-Force sensitives are ever able to get the better of any moderately trained adept in a "fair fight" scenario.

What are your thoughts on the Kyber Crystal being the source of the Death Star's power (probably)?

red8
What's interesting is that Yoda said ancient Jedi and Sith used those crystals to build powerful weapons.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.