Quinlan Vos vs. Savage Opress

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Force, sabers, all out

Emperordmb
Savage takes this one solidly.

Q99
Opress. Vos can't handle that level of power very well.

Marco1907
Savage 7 of 10 ; If this is Prime Vos (he is good enough to defeat Sora Bulq), if not Savage 10 / 10.

carthage
As an ataru master Quinlan should he able to avoid Savage's wreckless assault.

ILS
Vos, IMO. Close fight but I don't see Savage fairing well against an Ataru practitioner at this level. Even if Savage was able to throw around his weight with telekinesis, it's not like Vos can't take a serious beating and keep going.

carthage
Originally posted by ILS
Vos, IMO. Close fight but I don't see Savage fairing well against an Ataru practitioner at this level. Even if Savage was able to throw around his weight with telekinesis, it's not like Vos can't take a serious beating and keep going.

I can see a case being made for Vos, but what are some strength feats he has to suggest he doesn't get beaten down by Savage in direct confrontations? I know he doesn't usually opt for rushing in like Savage, but when they do meet head-to-head how would he prevent himself from being taken out by TK or gradually being overwhelmed?

ILS
Originally posted by carthage
I can see a case being made for Vos, but what are some strength feats he has to suggest he doesn't get beaten down by Savage in direct confrontations? I know he doesn't usually opt for rushing in like Savage, but when they do meet head-to-head how would he prevent himself from being taken out by TK or gradually being overwhelmed?
He hasn't actually got anything to suggest that his strength alone could stave off Savage. He's kicked a droid's head off and maybe a couple of other things, but nothing substantial. It just seems like Savage finds issue with acrobatic opponents, as well as opponents who chain martial techniques, i.e Hasley, Ventress, Judd. Vos is nothing else but acrobatic and he does throw in kicks often. Vos could potentially outduel Savage in a purely physical confrontation, but Savage does have better dueling feats even if it's partly due to his strength.
As for power, Vos' TK isn't overwhelming. He's ripped up pieces of ground/buildings, TK'd a speeder, held up a boulder for a long time and then stabilized it on lava after being stabbed by shuriken. Nothing to really compare with Savage. But Vos does have other good showings, like managing to keep himself concealed from every witch on Dathomir, even coming face to face with the shaman. Dathomir being a Dark Side nexus, Vos would be somewhat hindered while the Witches would be amped, or at their usual power level. He also managed to use mechru-deru to destroy a couple of torpedos on Dathomir.
Even if we give Savage the power edge, though, we need to consider that Vos can really take a beating and keep going. He's been thrown around with TK before, fought through fairly severe injuries, survived being shot by a tank and managed to function after waking up from the blast. If Vos can keep his mental state in check and use his skill and acrobatics to his advantage, and take the brunt of Savage's power on the chin, he can win. But I do see the logic in giving Savage the win - he's accomplished more as a duelist, he's more powerful.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.