Dr Doom vs Black Bolt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Insane Titan
Who wins

Jashro44
I am leaning towards black bolt. I believe doom is more versatile so he has a shot.

Surtur
Originally posted by Jashro44
I am leaning towards black bolt. I believe doom is more versatile so he has a shot.

Doom being more versatile won't help if Blackbolt decides to say "hello".

DarkRaiden
Doom. At best, BB screams and Doom's shields block it. At worst, Doom can actually absorb the energy from his screams.

deathslash
Doom punches lord boltagon in the face, BB says "ouch", doom gets turned into jelly.

Surtur
Originally posted by DarkRaiden
Doom. At best, BB screams and Doom's shields block it. At worst, Doom can actually absorb the energy from his screams.

Right, so Doom without prep is going to just bust out a shield that can absorb the energy? Hasn't Blackbolt has KO'ed people like Gladiator by whispering. If he decides to shout at Doom then Doom is more or less..well, doomed.

Give Doom some prep time and I am sure he could, but his standard armor just very quickly busting out something that can absorb the full force of BB's voice? Sorry, not happening.

Jashro44
Originally posted by Surtur
Doom being more versatile won't help if Blackbolt decides to say "hello".
Which is why I said black bolt wins.

Surtur
Which is why I said black bolt wins.

But you also said he has a shot because he is more versatile, which isn't really true unless you are going to grant him prep time. Otherwise it's not like Doom can actually stop BB from uttering a word. With prep time? Sure, easily. Without it? Doom might as well be a baby in a trench coat for all it matters.

Jashro44
But you also said he has a shot because he is more versatile, which isn't really true unless you are going to grant him prep time. Otherwise it's not like Doom can actually stop BB from uttering a word. With prep time? Sure, easily. Without it? Doom might as well be a baby in a trench coat for all it matters.

His magic took hulk down pretty easily during jason aarons hulk run who is more durable than black bolt. His electro paralyzer also was able to hold thor a bit I believe in thor 183 which could give him a chance to hit black bolt with those kinds of beams.

Not sure if doom can BFR. I know he has teleported and it wouldn't be a stretch to assume he can teleport others but I haven't seen him do that.

All though black bolts methods are easier.

Surtur
His magic took hulk down pretty easily during jason aarons hulk run who is more durable than black bolt. His electro paralyzer also was able to hold thor a bit I believe in thor 183 which could give him a chance to hit black bolt with those kinds of beams.

Not sure if doom can BFR. I know he has teleported and it wouldn't be a stretch to assume he can teleport others but I haven't seen him do that.

All though black bolts methods are easier.

I have no doubt he can do all that, but he can't do it at such speeds that he does it before Blackbolt(who also has enhanced reflexes) merely speaks a word.

Jashro44
I have no doubt he can do all that, but he can't do it at such speeds that he does it before Blackbolt(who also has enhanced reflexes) merely speaks a word.

Again as I said black bolt has the easier time here which is why I gave him a majority. All I am saying is doom does have options.

And I'm pretty sure doom has enhanced speed to due to his armor. He's been able to react pretty easily to those that do. I don't know of any significant speed feats for black bolt combat wise.

Mindset
Doom oneshot kills BB and his entire stinking race.

Decimus
^ He has a point

Stoic
Doom would place a spell of silence on BB, and then another spell involving ruby red bands of Cytorrak to end the entire fiasco.

krisblaze
What would the spell of silence to do to help against Black Bolt's matter manipulation?

Stoic
How would matter manipulation get past Doom's shields?

krisblaze
Same way everything does?

You think Doom's beyond being harmed by BB? laughing

Stoic
No, but i don't think that BB is above being harmed by Doom either. However I do believe that Doom has the ability to dominate BB within the first 4 seconds of the confrontation. How? Read my first post.

krisblaze
Originally posted by Stoic
No, but i don't think that BB is above being harmed by Doom either. However I do believe that Doom has the ability to dominate BB within the first 4 seconds of the confrontation. How? Read my first post.

Like I said...

The silence spell (have we seen this?) wouldn't do anything to hinder Black Bolt's abilities.

Stoic
Yeah but the ruby red bands of Cytorrak would shut his entire game down. Then he could just call in the Demon Beast Invasion to finish things up.
http://www.amazon.com/Demon-Beast-Invasion-Vols/dp/6305351872

Mindset
Originally posted by krisblaze
Like I said...

The silence spell (have we seen this?) wouldn't do anything to hinder Black Bolt's abilities. No, but Doom oneshot killing him would.

thumb up

abhilegend
Black Bolt koed Doom with the power of Aaron the rogue watcher.

erm

DarkRaiden
Right, so Doom without prep is going to just bust out a shield that can absorb the energy? Hasn't Blackbolt has KO'ed people like Gladiator by whispering. If he decides to shout at Doom then Doom is more or less..well, doomed.

Give Doom some prep time and I am sure he could, but his standard armor just very quickly busting out something that can absorb the full force of BB's voice? Sorry, not happening.

Did...you read my post? I said he either busts out a shield OR absorbs energy. ANd Doom without prep has done both. His suit automatically absorbs energy and has drained far greater beings than Blackbolt.

He needs no prep. Just to stand still and watch BB scream to no avail.

And Doom's armor and forcefields have taken more abuse than Gladiator has. Especially by energy attacks.

Jashro44
Originally posted by abhilegend
Black Bolt koed Doom with the power of Aaron the rogue watcher.

erm

He used a machine built by Reed in fantastic four 375.

Mindset
He used a machine built by Reed in fantastic four 375. Abhi doesn't know anything about Doom, it's not his fault though, he can't read.

Surtur
Originally posted by Stoic
Doom would place a spell of silence on BB, and then another spell involving ruby red bands of Cytorrak to end the entire fiasco.

He's not placing a spell of silence on him before he utters a syllable.

Did...you read my post? I said he either busts out a shield OR absorbs energy. ANd Doom without prep has done both. His suit automatically absorbs energy and has drained far greater beings than Blackbolt.

His suit has automatically absorbed attacks on the level of BB's scream. Without Doom having any prep at all? When did this happen? He has drained far greater beings then BB, okay. So when did Doom, without any prep..just on the fly drain someone far greater then BB of all their energy in a split second? Note, the "in a split second" is the important part. Him draining someone of their energy over time isn't the same thing as doing it all more or less instantly and on the fly.

So all the times Dooms armor has been damaged by attacks far less potent then BB screaming were just flukes?

Except the problem is he took out Gladiator with a whisper. He did not use anywhere near his full power. Gladiator is someone who can fly through stars and be just fine.

tkitna
Anybody else think that Doom has probably planned for BB at some point? Not saying he would win (yeah I really am), but its not a slam dunk for Black Bolt.

abhilegend
He used a machine built by Reed in fantastic four 375.
I know. Doom also had the watcher's power, so it all balances out.

Jashro44
I know. Doom also had the watcher's power, so it all balances out.
I don't agree but I won't debate that since I don't disagree black bolt can one shot doom if he cut loose from what I have seen. Its just the machine black bolt used is an important piece of context.

abhilegend
I don't agree but I won't debate that since I don't disagree black bolt can one shot doom if he cut loose from what I have seen. Its just the machine black bolt used is an important piece of context.
So is Doom being powered up hugely.

Jashro44
So is Doom being powered up hugely.
Which was something you mentioned.....As I said I don't think we can really say who's amp was bigger but I would rather not debate that since I don't disagree with black bolt one shotting doom. I was just noting the context that wasn't mentioned.

Stoic
.Originally posted by Surtur

Shields can take enough heat until Doom turns down the volume. If not BB wins. I believe that his shields would hold.

RealityWarper
Black Bolt

Mindset
Why are people acting like Doom can't oneshot BB?

Stoic
Originally posted by Mindset
Why are people acting like Doom can't oneshot BB?

Not sure. They obviously know little about just how dangerous Doom actually is. BB is certainly more powerful in a sense, but Doom can bend the fabric of their realities through sorcery, and his tech based on past feats should be able to deal with the remaining flack.

DTM
Good fight, Ill go with Dr. Doom to win in the end.

DarkRaiden

His suit has automatically absorbed attacks on the level of BB's scream. Without Doom having any prep at all? When did this happen? He has drained far greater beings then BB, okay. So when did Doom, without any prep..just on the fly drain someone far greater then BB of all their energy in a split second? Note, the "in a split second" is the important part. Him draining someone of their energy over time isn't the same thing as doing it all more or less instantly and on the fly.

So all the times Dooms armor has been damaged by attacks far less potent then BB screaming were just flukes?

Except the problem is he took out Gladiator with a whisper. He did not use anywhere near his full power. Gladiator is someone who can fly through stars and be just fine.

He drained Count Nefaria recently, Cosmic Hulk despite the PIS, and his Doom Bot drained Surfer. He also took Franklin Richards captive and was draining him.

Oh and he drained Nightmare.

krisblaze
^Lots of prep for some of those cases.

Draining the energy that empowers Nefaria/Surfer isn't the same as draining an attack from Black Bolt.

He can certainly drain energy, but there's no reason to assume that he can just up and absorb Black Bolt given Black Bolt's own energy control...

Mindset

Draining the energy that empowers Nefaria/Surfer isn't the same as draining an attack from Black Bolt.

He can certainly drain energy, but there's no reason to assume that he can just up and absorb Black Bolt given Black Bolt's own energy control... You are an old man and a fool.

krisblaze
You are a vain, greedy, cruel boy!

Mindset
thumb up

Insane Titan
Seems that most posters who know what they are talking about are giving Black Bolt the win.

DarkRaiden

He can certainly drain energy, but there's no reason to assume that he can just up and absorb Black Bolt given Black Bolt's own energy control...

Blackbolt has more control over his energy than Silver Surfer? Even though he can't eve control his own voice? I have to call foul on that.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Seems that most posters who know what they are talking about are giving Black Bolt the win.

Doom wins sneer

Insane Titan
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Doom wins sneer I said posters that know what they are talking about eek!

leonidas
zing! lol in s straight up, random encounter i'd go with bolt as well....

Stoic
Originally posted by Insane Titan
I said posters that know what they are talking about eek!

Not sure if your comment was at me, but the reason I chose Doom was because his shields have a strong chance of tanking BB's shout, which he could then see spell recipes within his armor to cast them at BB. I saw BB winning if Doom's unable to tank the initial assault from BB. If he can tank it, Doom wins. If not BB wins. I've underestimated Doom in the past. His tech is pretty good for defeating guys like BB. BB would be the glass cannon in this fight IMO.

Mindset
Lol at thinking Doom loses to some guy not even man enough to control his own voice.

krisblaze
Blackbolt has more control over his energy than Silver Surfer? Even though he can't eve control his own voice? I have to call foul on that.
Can't control his own voice? He has more control over his own voice than anyone in the world...

My point was that Surfer fell to Doom's inventions, not Doom himself.

And Surfer's been a real chump when it comes to being drained....

Time Immemorial
This is one fight Doom can't win.

Mindset
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
This is one fight Doom can't win. All kidding aside, you are completely wrong.

krisblaze
This is one fight Doom can't win.
You mean "Won't" ?

I think Black Bolt wins the majority, but obviously Doom has the tools and ability to take him down :P

Time Immemorial
All kidding aside, you are completely wrong.

A scream from blackbolt could shatter the earth, Doom survives how?

Mindset
A scream from blackbolt could shatter the earth, Doom survives how? I must've missed his earth shattering scream.

Can you post that scan?

Time Immemorial
I must've missed his earth shattering scream.

Can you post that scan?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/0/308/87923-188094-black-bolt.gif

Time Immemorial
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/3/38006/748626-bb1sr9.jpg

krisblaze
You posted HoM Black Bolt in the first scan smile

Time Immemorial
You posted HoM Black Bolt in the first scan smile

Second scan shows what I am talking about. He can destroy half the earth.

Mindset
Second scan shows what I am talking about. He can destroy half the earth. Except that the scan doesn't show that...

Time Immemorial
Except that the scan doesn't show that...

Cept it does, you didn't read it or look at it.

Mindset
Cept it does, you didn't read it or look at it. Where in that scan is half the planet destroyed?

Time Immemorial
Where in that scan is half the planet destroyed?

Read the scan. Im not reading it for you.

Mindset
Read the scan. Im not reading it for you. I'll answer the question for you, nowhere. thumb up

Time Immemorial
I'll answer the question for you, nowhere. thumb up

Wrong. She specifically states that one more word and he's going to destroy the planet. Just like it was stated when WBH took one step he rocked the whole eastern coast, if he took one more he would shatter the planet, are you going to suggest he could have not because he didn't do it?

Also its specifically showing how much damage he is causing if you looked at the scan, Im sorry but you are wrong.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.