isaac clarke enter silent hill verse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dika123
why not , this gonna be good match . .

isaac clarke is composite , and he must defeat all monster from silent hill 1v1 weakest to strongest .

how far he can get ?

FinalAnswer
Isaac would have little trouble going through the enemies of Silent Hill.

Also, for Silent Hill itself, Isaac proved himself capable of defeating his inner regrets and feelings, so he could probably overcome the psychological aspect as well.

StyleTime
I only played Dead Space 1, but couldn't Alessa just put him to sleep?

Either way, I really hope we don't get a rash of Silent Hill threads. It's a great series at its best, but it is terrible in a battleboard setting. These aren't action games, and debating the psychology of characters is often a pretty difficult thing to do.

FinalAnswer
Isaac has mental resistance feats and stuff

StyleTime
Oh. Would BFR work then?

FinalAnswer
Probably, though I've never seen anybody do that to anyone in Silent Hill.

StyleTime
Well, you should play more. uhuh

Seriously though, Alessa sends people to The Otherworld pretty frequently. Without a reason to let him out, it is a forum match after all, she can just go chill somewhere while Isaac dies of old age/runs out of ammo.

AsbestosFlaygon
Isaac suffers from severe dementia.

Alessa will take advantage of that weakness.

FinalAnswer
Isaac in 2 overcame his psychological problems, if he's being beaten, it's not from that.

I don't know about Alessa, since I can't recall her being an actual enemy, but put Isaac in a Silent Hill 2/James Sunderland situation, and he should clear.

Spawningpool
I think issac can definitely survive silent hill.... Half of dead space is psychological just like silent hill

StyleTime
Just to clear things up, Silent Hill isn't always about your own personal demons, as we saw with Henry and Harry.

And overcoming some mental hangups doesn't guarantee safety anyway. James came to grips with what he did, and it's commonly accepted that he still commited suicide. The ending is ambiguous but it's not as cut and dry as "mental strength = win."

Spawningpool
Originally posted by StyleTime
Just to clear things up, Silent Hill isn't always about your own personal demons, as we saw with Henry and Harry.

And overcoming some mental hangups doesn't guarantee safety anyway. James came to grips with what he did, and it's commonly accepted that he still commited suicide. The ending is ambiguous but it's not as cut and dry as "mental strength = win."
I think the dead space verse is a little more mind raping then silent hill.

FinalAnswer

Isn't that because in that ending Mary died before she could forgive James or something?

Spawningpool
I'm just saying Isaac Clark would completely dominate silent hill.

StyleTime
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Isn't that because in that ending Mary died before she could forgive James or something?
No, she dies before the game takes place regardless of ending.
Originally posted by Spawningpool
I'm just saying Isaac Clark would completely dominate silent hill.
What makes you say that?

Spawningpool

What makes you say that?
Dead space is much more dangerous then silent hill. You got to remember dead space also is very mental Happy Dance

StyleTime
I'm not speaking on only the mental aspect, but the enemies themselves. It isn't a feat filled universe obviously, but the enemies in Silent Hill are still fairly threatening. Many require plot device items, typically given by outside sources to the protagonist, to actually beat.

There's life draining ghosts that require a specific item to keep them down. If he's only got conventional weaponry, he could spend all his ammo on them, and they'd just get right back up and drain him.

Maybe he's dealt with ghosts or something though. Like I said, I've only played the first one.

FinalAnswer

No, I mean when James and the apparition of Mary meet and talk during the ending, and the In Water ending, Mary dies before she can forgive James.

StyleTime
I should have been more descriptive. It's a projection of James's mind rather than an apparition of Mary. The distinction here is important, because the latter implies some beyond the grave intervention from Mary. This scene is meant to show how James copes, as he goes back and forth with himself in the form of a dialogue with Mary.

Also, I'd argue she does forgive him. "It's enough, James." is absolution if I've ever heard it. She stresses that she wanted to die, and the letter includes more kind words. The problem for James is that ending his suffering = being with Mary. Mary is dead, so he must die to be with her. (Her dead body is hinted to be in his car, so they can "drown" together if you're the romantic type.)

There's evidence that James always intended to kill himself in the game. It wasn't determined by this one scene.

Spawningpool
I'm not speaking on only the mental aspect, but the enemies themselves. It isn't a feat filled universe obviously, but the enemies in Silent Hill are still fairly threatening. Many require plot device items, typically given by outside sources to the protagonist, to actually beat.

There's life draining ghosts that require a specific item to keep them down. If he's only got conventional weaponry, he could spend all his ammo on them, and they'd just get right back up and drain him.

Maybe he's dealt with ghosts or something though. Like I said, I've only played the first one.
Have you played dead space bro?

StyleTime
Originally posted by Spawningpool
Have you played dead space bro?
Like I said, I've only played the first one.
Can he deal with some of the things I've mentioned then? I'm genuinely asking.

Spawningpool

What makes you say that?
Th enemies in dead space are also much tougher to kill then in silent hill. Dead space also has a huge mental effect to because of "the marker"

Spawningpool
Can he deal with some of the things I've mentioned then? I'm genuinely asking.
Yes that's a walk in. The Park in dead space

StyleTime
Well, you're obviously trolling. Which is cool. It's your right. I just needed to be sure.

Anyways, I've said what I can given the current state of the thread. From what I've seen, I think Isaac fails here.

Spawningpool
Well, you're obviously trolling. Which is cool. It's your right. I just needed to be sure.

Anyways, I am not sure what else can be said here. From what I've seen, I don't think Isaac could clear.
Trust me I don't try to troll but iv played both and I think Isaac could clear silent hill. If Issac can perform surgery on his eyes with necromorphs about to break in at any second he can handle silent hill. And for the mental aspect Isaac as delt with his demons sorry if I am trolling

StyleTime
That doesn't explain how he'd deal with immortal, life draining ghosts. Or Alessa tossing him into the Otherworld forever.

Keep in mind, this is just Isaac 1v1 with everyone. He's not going through the games as scripted, getting help from various sources.

Spawningpool
That doesn't explain how he'd deal with immortal, life draining ghosts. Or Alessa tossing him into the Otherworld forever.

Keep in mind, this is just Isaac 1v1 with everyone. He's not going through the games as scripted, getting help from various sources.
I don't think anybody can take all if them at once

Spawningpool
But as long as he had the right items he could survive

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.