Force environmental manipulation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Characters from Plo Koon to Vitiate have all had noticeable effects on the environment around them. But what are some of the more inventive/your favorite example of a force user changing the environment, whether to help them in combat or a unique display never seen elsewhere? Did the change effect an entire area or did they use it for a momentary advantage? Was it something that could help them in combat, or did they do it for the benefit of others?

NewGuy01
Kyp controlled lightning in the atmosphere to destroy a leviathan.

ILS
Xesh harnassing a Force Storm and becoming it's nexus.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by carthage
Characters from Plo Koon to Vitiate have all had noticeable effects on the environment around them. But what are some of the more inventive/your favorite example of a force user changing the environment, whether to help them in combat or a unique display never seen elsewhere? Did the change effect an entire area or did they use it for a momentary advantage? Was it something that could help them in combat, or did they do it for the benefit of others?

One of my favourites was in "The Crystal Star" when Jacen and Jaina froze a body of water so that they and some other children could cross it. One thing I liked about that was it makes sense and keeps with Yoda's advice to Luke about size mattering not. People tend to think of that line purely in terms of moving big stuff but using the Force to manipulate really small things (such as slowing down water molecules so that the water freezes) is just as meaningful.

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Characters Kyp controlled lightning in the atmosphere to destroy a leviathan.

Sedriss did the same thing when he fought Ood Bnar.

Emperordmb
Son and Daughter manipulating the entire environment of Mortis with their presence. Or Abeloth causing a volcano to emerge on Coruscant and kill billions of people.

WildBantha88
I just enjoy every example of plant manipulation

Emperordmb
Originally posted by WildBantha88
I just enjoy every example of plant manipulation
LOL

A Jedi sage in the fanfic I am currently writing specializes in plant and animal manipulation. Coincidentally, she befriends a wild Bantha at some point in my fanfic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.