Boardless Surfer VS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
The racing thread got me thinking, how much of Surfer's speed is board dependent?

Rate him against any comparable character in:

Reaction speed

Foot speed

And, assuming he can fly without his board (i honestly dont know), flying point A to B speed

Stoic
I've never seen him run like the Flash, so that's off the table. He would like all characters that possess super strength likely be able to run far faster than the best athlete though. It just comes with the territory.

As for reactions, all of the Heralds of Galactus, are able to fly through fields of tightly packed debris in space, at an incredible rate of speed. This should automatically qualify the Surfer as one of those characters that can react very quickly.

riv6672
I'll buy the reaction theory. Even on a board, its the surfer's skill that steers.

I dunno about running though. He can increase his strength by PC channeling, maybe he can do the same for foot speed? To what level though?

And as to boardless flying...?

Stoic
Originally posted by riv6672
I'll buy the reaction theory. Even on a board, its the surfer's skill that steers.

I dunno about running though. He can increase his strength by PC channeling, maybe he can do the same for foot speed? To what level though?

And as to boardless flying...?

It doesn't add up is what I'm thinking. I mean let's try to break it down to something that actually makes sense. If, the Surfer can physically react to objects approaching him while moving at the speed of light or above, and avoids running into anything... Well wouldn't that mean that he should actually be able to do many of the things that the Flash can do? I mean, he's actually making light speed or above movements, as well as the calculations to avoid running into things at crazy ass speeds. He should actually be able to run at speeds that he has never been portrayed in a comic.

Just something to think about I guess.

janus77
Surfer obviously has Flash speed reactions and reflexes (at the very least).
As well as the ability to process and map whole galaxies whilst travelling at FTL speeds.

Simply put, Marvel CIS/PIS Surfer in order to just make his stories more about fun and wonder than "OMG LOOK HOW POWERFUL HE IS!!!!!".

They have him casually creating blackholes that scare Thanos (he had to keep his distance from it and it was stated that it could tear him apart).

He effortlessly tanks Bannerless Hulk's rage filled attacks, while attempting dialogue with him and scanning him for the cause of his rage.

He flies at BRB and gets smashed by BRB's angriest Stormbreaker slam, yet it does NOTHING to him, and he casually destroys BRB (humiliates him), whilst attempting to reason with BRB and holding back.

Surfer should get far more cred than Marvel give him.

riv6672
Originally posted by Stoic
It doesn't add up is what I'm thinking. I mean let's try to break it down to something that actually makes sense. If, the Surfer can physically react to objects approaching him while moving at the speed of light or above, and avoids running into anything... Well wouldn't that mean that he should actually be able to do many of the things that the Flash can do? I mean, he's actually making light speed or above movements, as well as the calculations to avoid running into things at crazy ass speeds. He should actually be able to run at speeds that he has never been portrayed in a comic.

Just something to think about I guess.
Which is what i'm thinking about.
Things like, reaction/reflexes might not equal foot speed? Think quick draw artist and sprinter.
And can he fly unaided.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.