When was Luke in his prime?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Trocity
I always thought his prime was around the time of the Vong war. What does everyone else think?

Emperordmb
FOTJ

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Emperordmb
FOTJ

NewGuy01
FOTJ

Trocity
So when people ask if "Luke was even in his prime anymore when he fought Caedus", not only was he NOT past his prime, he was still getting better? Certainly in knowledge/skill, but I could swear I remember seeing quotes from Ben's perspective in FOTJ where it said his dad looked old and he had slowed down in the last few years. Drawing on the force so much and fighting a lifetime of wars had taken its toll on him.

Emperordmb
Eh. Keep in mind, a more focused Luke has easily subdued Caedus with TK, and made him flip shit with his illusions.

Vorpal Ruin
Has Luke started to decline? I do not believe his prime has been established, because he has not started to decline.

Darth Abonis
His prime was Dark Nest. His resistance to the Raynar and Killik colony force push, dueling with only one arm etc.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin
Has Luke started to decline? I do not believe his prime has been established, because he has not started to decline.
He's dead. Don't think you can decline more than that. The best we've ever seen him is FotJ, and thus that's his prime. Anything past that is a Force Ghost.

Arhael
Eh. Keep in mind, a more focused Luke has easily subdued Caedus with TK, and made him flip shit with his illusions.
Caedus didn't try using Force to break free, so doesn't count.

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
He's dead. Don't think you can decline more than that. The best we've ever seen him is FotJ, and thus that's his prime. Anything past that is a Force Ghost.

So, is there any info between FOTJ and the comics where he is a ghost that display feats of him becoming more incompetent than he was in FOTJ?

If not, then my previous post stands.

If so, then I apologize and was unaware of the material, and would love to know the source, please.

Or are you saying he dies immediately after FOTJ?

His established prime is FOTJ. The character's prime has yet to be established for all we know. Luke seems to continually improve.

Though this is pure speculation, if the death of Luke Skywalker is ever written, I can only imagine him going out in grand fashion. Although a end similar to Yoda would be fine with me too.

FreshestSlice
How does that matter to anything? I'm sure Ashoka's prime wasn't Season 5 of TCW, but that's her prime as far as discussion goes.

Vorpal Ruin
How does that matter to anything? I'm sure Ashoka's prime wasn't Season 5 of TCW, but that's her prime as far as discussion goes.

His established prime is FOTJ. The character's prime has yet to be established for all we know.

That's all there is to it; I cannot make it simpler.

The rest was genuinely asking if there was more source material between FOTJ and the comics where he is already a force ghost.

FreshestSlice
That's all there is to it; I cannot make it simpler.

The rest was genuinely asking if there was more source material between FOTJ and the comics where he is already a force ghost.
No, which is why we can't discuss it and when someone says, "This is Luke's prime," this is what they're talking about. I really don't get what you don't understand about discussing what we know for certain.

Vorpal Ruin
No, which is why we can't discuss it and when someone says, "This is Luke's prime," this is what they're talking about. I really don't get what you don't understand about discussing what we know for certain.

I prefer precision. This is similar to speculating someone reaching their max potential. There is the potential that is established, but sometimes their is a potential that could have been achieved hypothetically.

I see no specification of this in the OP, which is why i said what I did to cover both bases.

If you have a problem with my thoroughness... oh well.

Q99
So, is there any info between FOTJ and the comics where he is a ghost that display feats of him becoming more incompetent than he was in FOTJ?

There is nothing chronologically between the Abeloth fight / immediate aftermath, and him popping up as a ghost to advise Cade.

Unless Legends reopens, we've got all the Legends continuity Luke we're going to get.

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by Q99
There is nothing chronologically between the Abeloth fight / immediate aftermath, and him popping up as a ghost to advise Cade.

Unless Legends reopens, we've got all the Legends continuity Luke we're going to get.

That is unfortunate. We can hope.

NewGuy01
His prime was whenever he felt like it.

Skybreaker
I think the better question is when Yoda was in his prime, because that's a bit of a scary thought.

Q99
Originally posted by Skybreaker
I think the better question is when Yoda was in his prime, because that's a bit of a scary thought.

I hear he didn't really die on Dagobah, and camp back rebuilt as a cyborg, stronger than ever.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Q99
I hear he didn't really die on Dagobah, and camp back rebuilt as a cyborg, stronger than ever.
Yeah. And then he tried to resurrect Sidious.

NewGuy01
LOL

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by NewGuy01
His prime was whenever he felt like it.
Amen.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.