- Hyperion -

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
When Clark was about to be introduces as Superman in Dcnu, he gets bopped in the back of his head, knocked out cold and is replaced by Hyperion..

So from the start of Dcnu52 till now how does Hyperion do in Superman's foot steps?

Hyperion goes through everything Supes has gone thru so far in Dcnu..

Does Hyperion (clear,fail or die) trying to replicate Superman's path through Dcnu as it is so far?

Werewolf582
Hyperion does extremely well.

Supermex
Originally posted by Werewolf582
Hyperion does extremely well.

Wow extremely well!!

Reflassshh
Not sure if he would survive the helspont or doomsday fights.

Werewolf582
Hyperion is on supermans level if not higher, he should do quite well.

Prof. T.C McAbe
I think he will fail with Hellspont, Darkseid, Doomsday and most of all Brainiac.

Werewolf582
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
I think he will fail with Hellspont, Darkseid, Doomsday and most of all Brainiac.

I honestly disagree.

Reflassshh
I think he will fail with Hellspont, Darkseid, Doomsday and most of all Brainiac. I forgot about brainiac, hyperion would've been screwed against him.

Werewolf582
Why exactly is he stopping at these characters? Hyperion from what I know has far better feats than Superman.

Reflassshh
Why exactly is he stopping at these characters? Hyperion from what I know has far better feats than Superman. Helspont caused superman a concussion with a casual backhand.

Brainiac was a universal level telepath and reality warper.

Doomsday stomped mongul and non in the phantom zone, broke wonder woman's arms with a punch, etc.

carver9
When did Doomsday beat Mongul? Also, Superman didn't fight Brainiac under his own power, he was infected with the Doomsday virus. Hyperion would do good in Superman shoes.

Warrior Madness
LOL! hyperion has better feats than Superman?

Actually, he gets destroyed in the first fight against Hellspont.

pym-ftw
... Hype does have better feats

Hyperion's only real argument for possibly not doing as well as Clark revolve around plot armor.

Supermex
Just want to add that anykind of aid Superman received in Dcnu so far, Hyperion gets as well..

shadowknight
Hyperion is on supermans level if not higher, he should do quite well. Please ! Please! Put the pipe down.

shadowknight
Why exactly is he stopping at these characters? Hyperion from what I know has far better feats than Superman. rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing laughing out loud

Stoic
I'm trying to figure out what Hyperion has done so far to vote so highly for him or against him? He's barely been used. Maybe it's just me.

Werewolf582
People who think Superman had better feats, show me one feat that beats this.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_super/11114/111147613/4099367-1.jpg

Warrior Madness
Originally posted by Stoic
I'm trying to figure out what Hyperion has done so far to vote so highly for him or against him? He's barely been used. Maybe it's just me.

Absolutely nothing. All of a sudden, some fanboys decided that he and the other Superman copycat, sun god (both from Hickman's run) are above everybody else. LOL.

Werewolf582
Originally posted by Warrior Madness
Absolutely nothing. All of a sudden, some fanboys decided that he and the other Superman copycat, sun god (both from Hickman's run) are above everybody else. LOL.

Your fanboyism is showing.

And are you gonna counter the feat i posted?

Stoic
Your fanboyism is showing.

And are you gonna counter the feat i posted?

That's a great feat, but he really hasn't been put up against that many challenges. At this rate, it may take him another decade to do as much as Superman has done in just 20 issues. Maybe he needs his own book, because he still has that secondary character feel about him.

Werewolf582
That's a great feat, but he really hasn't been put up against that many challenges. At this rate, it may take him another decade to do as much as Superman has done in just 20 issues. Maybe he needs his own book, because he still has that secondary character feel about him.
I pretty much agree with all that. He needs to be featured more, but Like I said Hyperion will do just fine in supermans place. He doesn't have as much feats, but he does have better.

pym-ftw
That's a great feat, but he really hasn't been put up against that many challenges. At this rate, it may take him another decade to do as much as Superman has done in just 20 issues. Maybe he needs his own book, because he still has that secondary character feel about him. Honestly Superman has been a mixed bag but most people play the "Who's got the best feat" game.

Hyperion has no real low showings

abhilegend
Smasher owned him like a red headed step child.

no expressionOriginally posted by Werewolf582
I pretty much agree with all that. He needs to be featured more, but Like I said Hyperion will do just fine in supermans place. He doesn't have as much feats, but he does have better.
Space cheese feats rarely matter in these situations.

Werewolf582
Originally posted by abhilegend
Smasher owned him like a red headed step child.

no expression
Space cheese feats rarely matter in these situations.

2 universes > pretty much anything supes has done.

DarkSaint85
Hyperion can replicate Supes feats, sure.

abhilegend
2 universes > pretty much anything supes has done.
That's more than what many people have done that have owned this Hyperion too. What actually matters is that how he stacks up to actual characters.

abhilegend
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Hyperion can replicate Supes feats, sure.
Doomsday would kill him.

Werewolf582
That's more than what many people have done that have owned this Hyperion too. What actually matters is that how he stacks up to actual characters.

:l Superman has more lower feats than Hyperion.

Werewolf582
Doomsday would kill him.

No he wouldn't

Supermex
Doomsday would kill him.

Explain why plz

carver9
Hyperion didn't fight Smasher back and she did nothing to him. Not even a scratch. She bfred a holding back, non punching back Hyperion.

DarkSaint85
Doomsday would kill him.

Nah, he wouldn't.

Why?

Because the whole premise is flawed. It's like asking about World War Superman, or Doomsday: the Death of Thor.

In both stories, they will play out exactly like WWH and DoS in terms of outcome. Sure, the actual battles may be different due to powersets, but if Hype was DC's #1 character, you think they wouldn't give him the Earth benchpressing feat as well, or ripping Doomy in half?

carver9
Nah, he wouldn't.

Why?

Because the whole premise is flawed. It's like asking about World War Superman, or Doomsday: the Death of Thor.

In both stories, they will play out exactly like WWH and DoS in terms of outcome. Sure, the actual battles may be different due to powersets, but if Hype was DC's #1 character, you think they wouldn't give him the Earth benchpressing feat as well, or ripping Doomy in half?

thumb up

abhilegend
:l Superman has more lower feats than Hyperion.
Because he is a character with far more appearances.Originally posted by Werewolf582
No he wouldn't
No character other than superman could've survived Doomsday's draining power.Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Nah, he wouldn't.

Why?

That would just put the whole meaning of battleboards in question. We're not going into what would happen IF hyperion was superman. He isn't.

Werewolf582
Because he is a character with far more appearances.
No character other than superman could've survived Doomsday's draining power.
That would just put the whole meaning of battleboards in question. We're not going into what would happen IF hyperion was superman. He isn't.

So don't try to use any low feats then.

Hyperion would because Hyperion > Superman

Your right, he's not superman. He is a clone with better feats smile

Prof. T.C McAbe
Hyperion was an obstacle between two planets, the pressure of the Universes increased till the Planets broke and the Universes cancelled each other. He did nothing but hold two Planets apart, as seen and said in the scan. This is good but not as good as brainiacs ship or the benchpressing feat.

Except of this Hype has no feats, he is not even able to rip Hulk in half like Supes did with Doomsday.

I would say he is average clone of Supes, Glads is a better one.

Werewolf582
Hyperion was an obstacle between two planets, the pressure of the Universes increased till the Planets broke and the Universes cancelled each other. He did nothing but hold two Planets apart, as seen and said in the scan. This is good but not as good as brainiacs ship or the benchpressing feat.

Except of this Hype has no feats, he is not even able to rip Hulk in half like Supes did with Doomsday.

I would say he is average clone of Supes, Glads is a better one.

confused Thats way more impressive than Brainics ship and the Earth Bench pressing feat.

Prof. T.C McAbe
confused Thats way more impressive than Brainics ship and the Earth Bench pressing feat.

Holding two planets apart till they break? No.

Benchpressing requires more strength than just being in the middle of such a weight, it is more of a durability feat for Hype. Stopping a ship far bigger than two planets that is speeding towards earth is also more impressive. Feel free to disagree.

Werewolf582
Holding two planets apart till they break? No.

Benchpressing requires more strength than just being in the middle of such a weight, it is more of a durability feat for Hype. Stopping a ship far bigger than two planets that is speeding towards earth is also more impressive. Feel free to disagree.

>Implying you didn't even read the scan sad

I doubt Superman has a feat that comes close to two universes.

Prof. T.C McAbe
>Implying you didn't even read the scan sad

I doubt Superman has a feat that comes close to two universes.

"By the time the Worlds were about to touch, he was all that remained of them. Hyperion held them Apart".

Two Planets. Try harder to make this feat Universal.

Werewolf582
"The cascading energy collapsing two entire universes."

You were saying?

I posted it on the very first page.

Prof. T.C McAbe
"The cascading energy collapsing two entire universes."

You were saying?

I posted it on the very first page.

This is not a contradiction. He held two Planets apart till the pressure was to big on them and they broke. Nothing more. Two planets that are not as durable as a Herald.

Hard time understanding somethin as simple?

Werewolf582
This is not a contradiction. He held two Planets apart till the pressure was to big on them and they broke. Nothing more. Two planets that are not as durable as a Herald.

Hard time understanding somethin as simple?

No but you do seem to be ignoring the entire feat thumb up

Not surprising.

Prof. T.C McAbe
No but you do seem to be ignoring the entire feat thumb up

Not surprising.

No I don't ignore it, I take it for what it actually IS without bias or fanboyism. Two Worlds, Two planets, on Hyperion in between and the pressure of two Universes pushing till the Planets, that are not as durable as a herald, break and the Universes collapse in each other.

You don't get it?

Not surprising.

Supermex
If Superman did the same feat as Hyperion did, what would that feat be considered ?

abhilegend
So don't try to use any low feats then.

Hyperion would because Hyperion > Superman

Your right, he's not superman. He is a clone with better feats smile
You said Hyperion doesn't have any low feats.

No, he has two notable feats and his combat record is severely lacking.

Anybody who gets oneshotted and shouts "AAIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEE" by a blast from Starbrand when Thor tanked the same blast is by default lower than superman.

big grin

carver9
He held two universes back away form each other...not two planets. Remember, it was the universes pushing against each other and Earth was the center piece. Hyperion prevented both Universes from touching 'temporarily' and the strain from the prevention caused both universes to explode in which, he tanked it with ease.

Werewolf582
bias or fanboyism.

two Universes

Not surprising.

Words that describe you.

Confession Accepted.

And now your copying me.

Not surprising.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Supermex
If Superman did the same feat as Hyperion did, what would that feat be considered ?
Superman and Captain Marvel lifted a book that contained the multiverse itself. How strong would they be? Infinitely stronger than this Hyperion, right?

Prof. T.C McAbe
If Superman dud the same feat as Hyperion, what would that feat be considered?

A Planetary feat that solidifies the bench pressing feat. Similar to the brainiac ship and Doomsday feat solidifying it, though to be fair, they were better.

On the contrary, if Superman would do this the Marvel fans would see it as planetary at best and most likely a cheese feat that can't be used because he didn't replicate it.

Oh this was exactly the reaction of the Marvel front to the Bench pressing feat, that was completely dismissed till Superman had the Brainiac feat!

Back then, I was schocked by the double standard of the Marvel hypocrites!

Prof. T.C McAbe
Words that describe you.

Confession Accepted.

And now your copying me.

Not surprising.

So if you take it as Universes, you take Supermans FC feat as lifting Infinity?

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
He held two universes back away form each other...not two planets. Remember, it was the universes pushing against each other and Earth was the center piece. Hyperion prevented both Universes from touching 'temporarily' and the strain from the prevention caused both universes to explode in which, he tanked it with ease.
That's not what happened.

carver9

He's lowballing everyone (marvel) not called Superman. It's best to ignore his response and decide on the ft yourself.

Prof. T.C McAbe

laughing out loud

Werewolf582
You said Hyperion doesn't have any low feats.

No, he has two notable feats and his combat record is severely lacking.

Anybody who gets oneshotted and shouts "AAIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEE" by a blast from Starbrand when Thor tanked the same blast is by default lower than superman.

big grin

No I didn't. Pym did.

Superman has worse combat feats.

Batman hurt superman, along with green lantern and Wonder woman. All who are below Hyperion.

Werewolf582

Going off topic isn't helping.

He was also amped in that.

abhilegend
No I didn't. Pym did.

Superman has worse combat feats.

Batman hurt superman, along with green lantern and Wonder woman. All who are below Hyperion.
Yes, that's what you did.

He has better feats too. That's what matters. Show me Hyperion ripping an above herald level being in half or shattering an abstract's physical form with one attack.

Captain America tanked a blast that severely injured Hyperion. We can play this game all day long.

erm

Prof. T.C McAbe

Amped? laughing out loud

Concession Accepted.

Not surprising.

Werewolf582
Yes, that's what you did.

He has better feats too. That's what matters. Show me Hyperion ripping an above herald level being in half or shattering an abstract's physical form with one attack.

Captain America tanked a blast that severely injured Hyperion. We can play this game all day long.

erm

Lying isn't helping you. Pym said it not me.

Show me a feat that replicates Hyperions. Batman also hurt spectre, is he above abstract beings now?

Captain America beat King Thor, Hulk, and many other heralds.

Also

Cap > Batman

Werewolf582
Amped? laughing out loud

Concession Accepted.

Not surprising.

He was.

Still copying me.

Werewolf582

If superman had done the same feat Abhi and Prof would be in a different thread arguing the same thing me and carver are.

Prof. T.C McAbe
He was.

Still copying me.

How was he amped and by what?

Werewolf582
Facepalms.

He needed an outside amp to lift him

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_fKWKPyvht7g/TTR8xHp2OoI/AAAAAAAACjo/OIY_TbYv4hk/s1600/AC782-Pluto_1.jpg

Supermex
Facepalms.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_fKWKPyvht7g/TTR8xHp2OoI/AAAAAAAACjo/OIY_TbYv4hk/s1600/AC782-Pluto_1.jpg

Is this Dcnu Superman?

DarkSaint85
Facepalms.

Not DCnU.

Also, he wasn't amped when he lifted infinity.

Supermex
Hyperion is walking the path of Dcnu Superman

Dcnu feats only

Werewolf582
Not DCnU.

Also, he wasn't amped when he lifted infinity.

I was told he was amped. mad

Werewolf582

Dcnu feats only

What all feats are you restricting from Hyp?

Only Marvel 616 feats? Or are Ultimate feats allowed to?

Or we allowed to use old feats?

Prof. T.C McAbe

Facepalms.

This is OWAW not FC.

Facepalm ideed.

http://reactionface.net/images/original/1285.jpg%3Fnew%3D1

DarkSaint85

Dcnu feats only

DCnU was going to crack the Earth just by standing.

Hyperion has no walking feats.

He fails.

I was told he was amped. mad

This is the feat mentioned:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_5VgL6ZXwkaw/SLnDkDx48QI/AAAAAAAAHso/lwhOSADwLQQ/s1600/Final%2BCrisis%2BSuperman%2BBeyond%2B1-6.jpg

Yes, he had help, so what is 50% of infinity?

Werewolf582
This is OWAW not FC.

Facepalm ideed.

http://reactionface.net/images/original/1285.jpg%3Fnew%3D1

Oh so you were trying to go off subject because Hyperion has better feats Than current superman. smile

Werewolf582
DCnU was going to crack the Earth just by standing.

Hyperion has no walking feats.

He fails.

This is the feat mentioned:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_5VgL6ZXwkaw/SLnDkDx48QI/AAAAAAAAHso/lwhOSADwLQQ/s1600/Final%2BCrisis%2BSuperman%2BBeyond%2B1-6.jpg

Yes, he had help, so what is 50% of infinity?

Lol carver logic

Infinity, however that isn't current superman, the one we are discussing.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Oh so you were trying to go off subject because Hyperion has better feats Than current superman. smile

You fail again. I just showcase your double standard and your lack of undertsanding/knowledge.

though this was not necessary, you already proved it with this FC amped comment of yours.

Werewolf582
I'm arguing off topic because Hyperion has better feats

Fixed.

Werewolf582

Supermex

Just 616 feats

DarkSaint85
Just 616 feats

Can he walk?

abhilegend
Lying isn't helping you. Pym said it not me.

Show me a feat that replicates Hyperions. Batman also hurt spectre, is he above abstract beings now?

Captain America beat King Thor, Hulk, and many other heralds.

Also

Cap > Batman
Oh it was the other you? I always confuse that. My bad.

What are you talking about? Batman never hurt spectre. Here is Superman shattering the body of Phantom Stranger.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
http://s4.postimg.org/q7v7ca7nd/Trinity_of_Sin_The_Phantom_Stranger_2012_01.jpghttp://s4.postimg.org/nrxzc6eyh/Trinity_of_Sin_The_Phantom_Stranger_2012_01.jpg

And Phantom Stranger's fight with Spectre was threatening entire creation.

Also Stranger's physical form took several attacks from Spectre in a battle that was endangering the whole of creation under the same writer J.M Dematteis.

http://i.imgur.com/jT3yaWw.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/fvy0DlI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/nIkCgUF.jpg

And then put Spectre on his knees.

http://i.imgur.com/Q48Q6gK.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/JLESwRD.jpg

God himself had to intervene due to fear that the whole of creation would've been destroyed.

http://i.imgur.com/tCCrey2.jpg

Its an insane showing for superman. Leave it to Rage to lowball such a showing.

That's what is called a combat feat.

LOL, is that what you've been told on comicvine?

carver9
Hey Werewolf...read the Phantom Zone scan. There is context to the showing.

abhilegend
Hey Werewolf...read the Phantom Zone scan. There is context to the showing.
facepalm

What context?

Supermex
Can he walk?

????

carver9
Lol...he's being funny. He knew what I meant in my argument.

DarkSaint85
????

Dcnu feats only

DCnU Superman was said to be able to crack the Earth when standing.

Imagine if he walked!

Now, does Hyperion have any walking feats?

Prof. T.C McAbe

Imagine if he walked!

thumb up

carver9

Imagine if he walked!

laughing out loud

Superman was about to explode though. Had nothing to do with walking but I see where you are going with this which isn't what I was saying.

Supermex

Imagine if he walked!

Oh Dorksaint carry on

Philosophía
People who think Superman had better feats, show me one feat that beats this.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_super/11114/111147613/4099367-1.jpg Holding apart two Earths until they break is orders of magnitude lower than stopping Brainiac's ship going at ridiculous speeds.

If you want to quantify this, we shall.

Werewolf582
Oh it was the other you? I always confuse that. My bad.

What are you talking about? Batman never hurt spectre. Here is Superman shattering the body of Phantom Stranger.

And Phantom Stranger's fight with Spectre was threatening entire creation.

That's what is called a combat feat.

LOL, is that what you've been told on comicvine?

Oh so you admit to being Ignorant. Confession Accepted.

Batman can hurt Heralds in combat. Does that give him herald strength? No.

Never been on comicvine.

abhilegend
Oh so you admit to being Ignorant. Confession Accepted.

Batman can hurt Heralds in combat. Does that give him herald strength? No.

Never been on comicvine.
Its "concession accepted". And it was just sarcasm FYI.

What? Are you OK with all this rambling about batman?

Ok.............

Werewolf582
Its "concession accepted". And it was just sarcasm FYI.

What? Are you OK with all this rambling about batman?

Ok.............

Wigga how do expect me to know cyber sarcasm, that shit is stupid.

If you are okay with using low feats for Hyperion, then you should be okay with using low ends for superman.

I heard the site was one giant shit fest.

Galan007

abhilegend
Wigga how do expect me to know cyber sarcasm, that shit is stupid.

If you are okay with using low feats for Hyperion, then you should be okay with using low ends for superman.

I heard the site was one giant shit fest.
Now you're just being obtuse.

Who said I was using Hyperion's low feats? Just that his combat record isn't as good as Superman. There is no shame in that.

Comicvine? Yes it is.

Werewolf582
Now you're just being obtuse.

Who said I was using Hyperion's low feats? Just that his combat record isn't as good as Superman. There is no shame in that.

Comicvine? Yes it is.
I thought myself as acute but what evs.

You were actually. His combat record isn't good cause he gets put against marvels #1 heralds and I doubt that would let him shit stomp them even though he has better feats.

And thats why I don't get on there.

abhilegend
I thought myself as acute but what evs.

You were actually. His combat record isn't good cause he gets put against marvels #1 heralds and I doubt that would let him shit stomp them even though he has better feats.

And thats why I don't get on there.
Its ok.

Now you're just making excuses for him. He has ONE fight with Hulk and no other herald.

Good choice.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Galan007
If you quantify said feats in cheese-speak, I'm all ears. thumb up Well, to get things started, considering all you've seen - how fast do you think Hyperion's Earths were moving towards eachother? Give me a number, and I'll go from there.

Galan007
2 trillion or so.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Galan007
2 trillion or so. laughing out loud

Either way - I'll lower it a bit. If J'onn supplied even 10% of the strength necessary to stop Brainiac's ship, he'd still be stronger than Hyperion.

psycho gundam

I would say he is average clone of Supes, Glads is a better one. wut

JBL
Hyperion's feat has brought out much butthurt among superman fans. Had superman performed that feat, it would be worshipped from A to Z. Hyperion feat craps on supermans feats so deal with it as people accepted supermans benching feat as it was praised for months.

Philosophía
Originally posted by psycho gundam
wut Which part? The one where Hyperion held apart the mass of two Earths and nothing more, or the part where Superman's Brainiac ship feat is magnitudes more impressive?

JBL

carver9
It's ridiculous. It obvious the universe was the pressure that was pushing the Planet's to each other. Hyperion stood in between both planets and stopped the forward momentum of the universes colliding into each other. It wasn't just the earths moving to each other, it was two universes moving forward and Hyperion stopped it. ODG explained it best. Hell, this was stated in the comic. The writer even stated Hyperion prevented two Universes from touching.

Prof. T.C McAbe
It's ridiculous. It obvious the universe was the pressure that was pushing the Planet's to each other. Hyperion stood in between both planets and stopped the forward momentum of the universes colliding into each other. It wasn't just the earths moving to each other, it was two universes moving forward and Hyperion stopped it. ODG explained it best. Hell, this was stated in the comic. The writer even stated Hyperion prevented two Universes from touching.

Ok just think about this for a moment and take your time. If a whole Universe is pushing against a Planet and Hyperion stopped the forward momentum of the Universes by holding the planets apart, this would mean that those Planets are more durable than the whole Universes. Really simple.

If however the Universe is pushing against the Planet and he stands there and the Planet is not more durable than the whole Universe it is in, it will crumble after the pressure increases and this is where the Universes implodes.

Oh btw the second scenario is what happend.

This is the simples logic ever and even a child should be able to grasp it.

JBL
Those universes were pushing those two planets and hyperion for a time, stopped the advancement himself thus he held those universes apart for a time until those planets crumbled. It took time for those planets to give. Lowballing this feat is just sad, things like this happen in comics. When superman benched the earths weight on a machine, how did the bench take that weight? was superman benching the earths weight on the earth itself?

Kryptoniano

Stoic
Originally posted by JBL
Those universes were pushing those two planets and hyperion for a time, stopped the advancement himself thus he held those universes apart for a time until those planets crumbled. It took time for those planets to give. Lowballing this feat is just sad, things like this happen in comics. When superman benched the earths weight on a machine, how did the bench take that weight? was superman benching the earths weight on the earth itself?

Pathetic isn't it?

Philosophía
Ok just think about this for a moment and take your time. If a whole Universe is pushing against a Planet and Hyperion stopped the forward momentum of the Universes by holding the planets apart, this would mean that those Planets are more durable than the whole Universes. Really simple.

If however the Universe is pushing against the Planet and he stands there and the Planet is not more durable than the whole Universe it is in, it will crumble after the pressure increases and this is where the Universes implodes.

Oh btw the second scenario is what happend.

This is the simples logic ever and even a child should be able to grasp it. thumb up

Anybody who is saying those planets are durable enough to sustain the weight of the whole Universe are legitimately retarded.

Originally posted by Kryptoniano
Yes. Stopping Brainianc's ship is much more impressive. thumb up

Prof. T.C McAbe

Newjak
thumb up
I blame the american education system. uhuh Marvel Universes are supposed to be infinite so if the Universe were pushing the planets technically infinite force would have been applied to them and they should have broken long before Hyperion had to hold them apart.

Just saying welcome to comic book physics stick out tongue

Philosophía
Originally posted by Newjak
Marvel Universes are supposed to be infinite so if the Universe were pushing the planets technically infinite force would have been applied to them and they should have broken long before Hyperion had to hold them apart.

Just saying welcome to comic book physics stick out tongue I'm sorry to go all basic physics on you but, no, the Earths wouldn't have broken apart, unless there was an opposing force stopping them, like, well....

Hyperion.

smile

carver9
Originally posted by JBL

thumb up

The ft is obvious and Hyperion is far stronger and more durable. Hyperion clears this.

carver9
Marvel Universes are supposed to be infinite so if the Universe were pushing the planets technically infinite force would have been applied to them and they should have broken long before Hyperion had to hold them apart.

Just saying welcome to comic book physics stick out tongue

thumb up

What was pushing the Planet's, the universes. Why did both of the planet give way, because it couldn't handle the pressure of the universes 'pushing against it and Hyperion holding it off'. Also, lol at applying real world physics to a comic...especially when the author himself admitted Hyperion stopped two Universes from touching.

Philosophía
Why did both of the planet give way, because it couldn't handle the pressure of the universes 'pushing against it and Hyperion holding it off'. Yes. Ergo, Hyperion was never stopping the two Universes mass, since the planets couldn't handle them.

Hyperion withstood as much pressure as the plants could before they crumbled (which is easily calculable, and far below Superman's feat).

smile

Newjak

carver9

Philosophía
Technically the earth have been infinitely accelerated. No, they weren't. What are you talking about?

I'll start off with asking the most basic questions:
Have you read the story? Do you know how fast the Earths were heading for eachother?

That's the thing you are forgetting though. He literally stopped the planet's from advancing until they gave way. If I was pushing against a car and you stepped in front of me and stopped the forward momentum of the car until it exploded (yes, we are incredibly strong), then you prevented me from advancing. This is obvious, Hyperion temporarily stopped two universes from moving forward until the Earth gave way. The Earth gave out before Hyperion strength did but the key here is that he stopped the advancement of two universes. Key word, STOPPED. If you're stopping the car from advancing, and the car is pushed by Hulk, it doesn't mean you're as strong as Hulk, it means you're strong enough to withstand as much force as the car can before exploding.

How can you not understand this, even with a sub-90 IQ?

carver9

Philosophía
no expression How can I stop Hulk from pushing a car? By applying more strength from the other end, than the car can handle.

Jesus Christ, have you never taken a physics lesson in your entire life?

Newjak

carver9

Philosophía
The Earth was hit by infinite force. I read your post and it makes no sense, partly because I'm quite sure you haven't read the comic.

I ask you again:
Have you read the comic?
Did you read what the process of incursion was?
When was the Earth hit by infinite force?

Philosophía
But the force on the other end has to be strong enough to stop it from advancing from the get go. It's not like the planet's crumbled right then...it took time. Yes, your force is applied to stop the car from advancing, not Hulk. Hulk keeps advancing, and since you're stopping the car from doing so with your own force , it gets destroyed by being caught between your force and Hulk's. That's what happened to the Earths.

Then, we have a scene where Cap literally pushed the planet and the universe back (he did this by pushing Earth) which is proof that your analogy of this is wrong. Captain America used omnipotence to do so. The Infinity Gauntlet is in no way comparable to the palms of Hyperion's hands, unless you are an imbecile

carver9

Newjak

Prof. T.C McAbe
The earth was hit by a force that went into the infinite direction bit by bit, at the bginning it wasn't infinite else the World would have instantly broken down on Hyperion.

Using Carters Car example. If Hulks pushes the Car and Carter is strong enough to push against the car and stop it, the Hulk will just push more till the car gives in and breaks apart around Carter who is then faced with and angry Hulk that pushed through the car.

Or making it simpler. You race a car against a really thick wall and it stops instantly, now a big truck starts to push that car against the wall till it is nothing more than a flat piece of trash.

The feat showed that Hype is more durable than a planet and that he is strong enought to hold two planets apart.

Newjak
The earth was hit by a force that went into the infinite direction bit by bit, at the bginning it wasn't infinite else the World would have instantly broken down on Hyperion.

Using Carters Car example. If Hulks pushes the Car and Carter is strong enough to push against the car and stop it, the Hulk will just push more till the car gives in and breaks apart around Carter who is then faced with and angry Hulk that pushed through the car.

Or making it simpler. You race a car against a really thick wall and it stops instantly, now a big truck starts to push that car against the wall till it is nothing more than a flat piece of trash.

The feat showed that Hype is more durable than a planet and that he is strong enought to hold two planets apart. That would once again imply the Universe knew to only apply it's force partially in the beginning. When did the Universe become sentient in that arc? I'm seriously asking if that is something that has been left out.

carver9
That would once again imply the Universe knew to only apply it's force partially in the beginning. When did the Universe become sentient in that arc? I'm seriously asking if that is something that has been left out.

thumb up

Lol. That's using real world logic.

Philosophía
If the Universe was pushing the Earth then the Earth would have infinite force applied to it since Marvel Universes are supposed to be infinite.

I'll stop here, and point out quite a few mistakes:

a). The 'Universe' isn't a character that's pushing away the Earth. The Earth is inside that Universe. It was the whole Universe that was moving. 'Force' applied on the Earth is a wrong use of the term

b). The Universes aren't moving at infinite speed towards eachother. The Earth doesn't experience infinite acceleration. We see the Earths heading towards eachother in the incursion point - and the speed is not, in any way, infinite.

c). You....don't know physics. I'm sorry, but I do, and very well. The force an object experiences is not soley dependent on the size of the pusher.

If I move a grain of sand of 1 cm/s, and an ant does the same, the force applied on it is not judged based on our respective sizes , but on the speed at which the sand moves - which is 1 cm/s. We're applying the same force.

That's the same way we judge the movement of the Earths, not on the size of what is moving them, but on how fast they're moving.

If I really want to start bragging, I could start pointing out that, like I said, it's the whole Universe moving. Thus there is no space/time reference, since the Universe is space/time and it's not moving through itself.

Philosophía
Quote from the comic... "by the time the world was ABOUT to touch, he was all that remained. Hyperion held them APART until the world broke...". Again, Hyperion held them apart until the world broke. If you get past using real world physics here, you'll see what this means. Yes, Hyperion held them apart until they broke. The same way, say, you have a little girl behind you, and you're trying to stop Hulk from running her over with the car. You're keeping the her and the car apart. But you're not as strong as Hulk. You're just strong enough that the car crumbles before it hits the girl.

I have a question:
Can I send you and IQ test and you send me the print screen with the results?

Prof. T.C McAbe
That would once again imply the Universe knew to only apply it's force partially in the beginning. When did the Universe become sentient in that arc? I'm seriously asking if that is something that has been left out.

Ok, a serious answer. If there is an obstacle and the force that pushes the univers is equal it means the space begins to bend because of the pressure bit by bit, a really simple concept, the pressure is always the same but since the space bends with earth as the obstacle and hype, the force increases over time till it breaks.

So permapush - earth - hype - earth - permapush.

Once the pressure is too big the earth break and they did, which means Hype could never hold two universes apart. If he would be able to hold Universes apart and if it is like the people say that those earths can bear the pressure of a whole universe upon them they would have never broken in the first place, hype would be still there holding them apart, since they broke we KNOW that the pressure was too much at one point and they never resisted a whole universes, not even by a stretch of imagination.

Newjak

Philosophía
Newjak, before I address the post above:

How could the Earths have experienced infinite force when they were accelerated, since their populations are alive and well when the incursions point meet? Does everybody, on every Earth have infinite durability?

I honestly believe this is the stupidest argument this side of 'Flash beats LT' in the history of KMC.

How could you possibly keep moving in face of blatant illogic?

Newjak

Philosophía
Force is Mass X Acceleration

You can have infinite force without having infinite acceleration as long as you have infinite mass(Universe) and an acceleration of greater than 0. The result is the same the Earth would have collapsed as soon as it was hit by such a force. Jesus, Newjak, are you serious? That's now how physics work.

The Force applied on the object is not a simple multiplication between the mass of the one doing the applying. That's what I've been trying to illustrate with the 'ant/me' example - I'm far larger than an ant, but I can apply the same 'Force' to the grain of sand.

If I were in space, and the moon would hit me at 1km/s, the force hitting me would not be equal to the mass of the moon times 1 km/s, and I would instantly explode. laughing out loud

You're confused about what 'Force' itself is, too.
I would be more hurt by a 5 ton object hitting me at 30 km/h than the moon hitting me at 5 km/h.
That probably blows your mind.

I really recommand you stop this part of the discussion.
This is embarrasing for me to type, and I'm seriously not joking.

Newjak

Philosophía
Mostly because it is a comic and comic has a history of ignoring physics all together. Let's start from two facts, that I've gathered from this discussions.

a). Don't talk about physics every again.
b). They don't ignore physics in the sense that you're really trying to get them to. I've literally explained every part.

The fact that:
a). The Earths were clearly shown to be moving at nowhere near infinite velocities towards eachother at the incursion point
b). Their entire populations were alive

..is sufficient proof to refute the ridiculous assumption that they've experienced infinite mass before Hyperion stopped them .

So unless you have other evidence that plain old Earths and their entire living population can survive infinite force exerted upon them...

Hyperion holding apart two Universes has been debunked .

Newjak

Philosophía
Okay say the moon was coming at you at 1km/s and hit you while in space what would be the force you got hit with? Don't tell me you think the force it hits you with is greater than that of a 5 ton block coming at you 30 km/h.

Please, don't. Even if you believe it.

Just don't.

But..

If it comes at 1km/s, then that means there's absolutely no acceleration.

F = mass of the moon * 0 acceleration.
F = 0.

Physics!

Like I said, you don't know what force is.

Let's stop this. Seriously. We're getting away from the Hyperion part, which was what's relevant, and I'm pretty sure the evidence is inconclusive...

Hyperion withstood as much as the Earths can withstand, before they break.
Assuming normal Earths, that's an impressive amount, but inferior to Superman. By far.

Newjak

maxivitopowe

Was is not said in the scan the Earth was the focal point for the Universes? IF so what does the focal point mean. Cause if what you're saying is true and the planets were just moving relative to the Universes they inhabited then once Hyperion stopped the planets from touching then shouldn't the Universes kept going and the planets would have just stopped relative to where they were in their respective Universes?

Cause if they were just free floating aspects not being moved while the Universes were moving then that means no force was being applied to them besides the normal gravitational forces it normally exists under.

thumb up

I was gonna write this but then I dropped my phone

Kryptoniano

Philosophía
why would that cause it to have an acceleration of zero? There is a difference between velocity and acceleration.

Velocity is a measure of how fast an object is moving. In this case, the moon was moving at 1 km/s.

Acceleration is a measure of how fast an object is changing its velocity. The moon had a velocity of 1 km/s, thus its acceleration was 0.

To anticipate your question:
Even if the moon was moving at 1 km/s and also accelerating with 1 km every second, I still wouldn't explode, and the 5 ton block would still hurt me more.

This is my face as I type all of these:

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/358/8/7/profile_picture_by_poker_face_plz-d4k4po1.png

I'm sorry for being an assh*le about it, but I hate it when people grasp at straws and don't know the subject.
I'll ask you this, at the end, though, with my last straw of hope:

Do you agree, by all common sense accounts and logical deductions, going by the comics, that Hyperion didn't stop two Universes, but only two Earths, and in doing so withstood as much as the Earths themselves could ? And that there's no reason to believe he stopped the mass of two Universes?

Do you also agree that to think otherwise, is to say that Earth can withstand the mass of the entire Universe, which is one of the most asinine things ever said on this forum?

If the answer to either of these is 'No', then I'm quite certain that at least 100 people will spontaneously burst into tears around the world, without knowing the reason.

That's also based in physics.

Newjak
Unless the moon was always moving at said speed from its creation at some point it had to change its velocity correct?

Philosophía
Unless the moon was always moving at said speed from its creation at some point it had to change its velocity correct? Can you answer the questions, or do you want us to keep dabbling in things you're now knowledgeable about? Because I'm hungry .

Newjak
Okay I will be direct. You are correct velocity matters. The moon will have an incredibly low acceleration if it goes from 0 to 1 over billions of years. But it will still be positive. Once again marvel universes are infinite thus we can say they habe infinite mass. So even if it's acceleration is as close to 0 as possible it will still give that universe infinite force. Unless you are saying that universe was always moving at that speed.

Enjoy your lunch

Philosophía
I'm simply amazed that you think an object's mass and acceleration dictate how much damage it does to you, even after I explained that the moon moving at 1km/h and accelerating at 1 km/h towards you, wouldn't do as much damage as a block of concrete coming at you 30 km/h, even though your misinterpreted F = m * a formula dictates otherwise.

You'd rather be ridiculously inaccurate to common sense and basic knowledge, than to admit you're wrong, and that's simply baffling.

It's not comic book laws that are wrong in this case, it's you.

Thank you.

Newjak
You told me the moon would do less. You didn't explain anything other than the moon could have 0 acceleration given a certain time span which would give it 0 force. You can explain why the moon would do less damage since you haven't done it yet. Im still waiting for it.

Philosophía
You told me the moon would do less. You didn't explain anything other than the moon could have 0 acceleration given a certain time span which would give it 0 force. You can explain why the moon would do less damage since you haven't done it yet. Im still waiting for it. Because I'm not your physics teacher. And the 'debate' has been done for a while now. Look up stuff like: newton's laws, kinetic energy, what force is, what impulse is, impact between objects etc.

Question:
Do you even realize that the moon would do less damage, but just don't know why? I'm curios. Because if you don't realize it, I think I'm going to go e-depressed.

If I post your stance in this thread in a whole paragraph, it would be in the top 5 most absurd thing I've typed/read in my entire life - from infinitely fast moving, infinitely durable Earths with infinitely durable populations, to not even getting basic, fundamental laws of physics even remotely right -- this was just a mess.

It was one of those discussions where I'm asking myself what am I doing in this forum, since nobody seems to want to change their mind or learn something, but would rather stick to their pre-concieved conclusion and work their way up there through piles of crap.

Newjak
So all I've heard from you so far is I know physics believe me and you're dumb.I given you plenty of chances to support what you're saying. And you're right I don't know what you've been trying to hint at. All I know is if the universe had acceleration then based on Marvel's statements about their universes it would have infinite force. Therefore if the universe was pushing earth is would have been doing so with infinite force.. It makes sense to me. Given comic history is it absurd ... not really but your only counter has been I'm right because I know more. Would you accept that as an answer?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>