How I see God

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Oneness
https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1366308173l/17624060.jpg

Mxyzptlk, a little man uninhibited by the current energy density of space and time, moving beyond the velocity of omnipresence. Of course it's not a man, that's just how I picture it, Mxyzptlk. It designed this 3D structure within its 4D realm.

What it wants is to experience itself as a God among Its subjects. It will serve us to any extent, if we're unafraid.

B4nLkEUPM5Y

Oneness
You don't understand how such a life-form's mind might work.

Why is it so far-fetched to assume that if something can be a Dues Ex Machina for the sake of feeling all-powerful, it won't get a megalomaniac's rush out of playing the role of a divine provider? You don't know how such a hypothetical being's super-physics would operate, it may as well literally be a miracle-machine, yet no more mature than a 3-year-old. It's like we're its parents, yet anything way would say is comparative to a dog barking at its super-intellect. We can't offend it by cursing it, yet by getting us to do tricks via positive or negative reinforcement, it feels like God.

Mindship
Originally posted by Oneness
You don't know how such a hypothetical being's super-physics would operate, it may as well literally be a miracle-machine, yet no more mature than a 3-year-old. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Squire_of_Gothos

Def'ly one of the better TOS episodes.

Genesis-Soldier
i see god as a force of the universe like gravity or light. i do not believe it has a relitive (human like) concious. anyway i don't believe that god would have a human form as i don't believe that the human form is divine

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Genesis-Soldier
i see god as a force of the universe like gravity or light. i do not believe it has a relitive (human like) concious. anyway i don't believe that god would have a human form as i don't believe that the human form is divine

thumb up

Digi
So, this guy?

http://i.imgur.com/M6hebqUl.jpg

Makes sense.

thumb up

Shakyamunison
^ Without the hat. The hat has to go. wink

Mindship
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
^ Without the hat. The hat has to go. wink Better?

http://www.georgerose.com/data/photos/252_1Actor_George_Burns_1980.JPG

Oneness
i see god as a force of the universe like gravity or light. i do not believe it has a relitive (human like) concious. anyway i don't believe that god would have a human form as i don't believe that the human form is divine There'd be no form, other than perhaps sub-atomic quanti, smaller than quarks, strings, the smallest units of being out there. They may very well be the Unmoved Mover. Well, it's only going to be unmoved or immovable in 3 dimensions. In its metaphysical/extra-dimensional brane there's one or more additional dimensions, hence why it's metaphysical. This brane is a holo-projection, a construct, its toy-house as it were, in which is moves the pieces around. There may be an infinitude of hierarchical complexity to this sort of thing, so its brane may be the construct of a natural life-form even greater dimensionality, and so on ad infinitum.

However, this is just how I picture it, as a Pixy. As it can't go outside of the current laws of thermodynamics, it must work as the forces of nature. So it'd have no form other than all the quanti particles in the universe.

Shabazz916
if your were or are not full invested in the word of god... you can not see god.. you only see it from others opinions that affected your view.. sir or mam

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Shabazz916
if your were or are not full invested in the word of god... you can not see god.. you only see it from others opinions that affected your view.. sir or mam

Christian Mysticism again? I don't believe in that kind of thing.

Genesis-Soldier
Christian Mysticism again? I don't believe in that kind of thing.
christianinty is only one view of god

Oneness
This is what I had originally meant in my OP. I didn't fully recognize it for what it is.

You see everything from your perspective, you see other people, they see you. Based on interactions with them, or with the environment in general, a sense of self, an identity, takes shape. God has no identity, so imagine seeing everyone, the interactions of all people, watch personalities form, watch strong personalities conflict. But no one knows you're there, watching them, listening to them, watching volcanoes erupt on alien worlds, wondrous geographical changes, monumental phenomenons like the deaths of stars and the large mountain formations on mars, all these occurrences, nebulae taking shape. Battles of heroes in Ancient Greece. Miraculous accomplishments all throughout human history, brilliant lives lived. All at once, from a non-linear perspective. You caused all this with one mathematical formula when constructing the cosmos at large, now you're sitting back and watching in enjoyment as it all unfolds.

Zen masters strive to achieve this viewpoint through meditation, it's called achieving Oneness.

Shakyamunison
christianinty is only one view of god

What other view of god would be using Christian Mysticism?

Genesis-Soldier
What other view of god would be using Christian Mysticism?

i am guessing multiple religions. of the top of my head though i would think of puratism, methodism, jahova;s witness...

Wonder Man
I see God as one with the Son of man. How can 2 be one...he has invited us to find out and his offer is still valid.

muneeb69
Mxyzptlk, a little man uninhibited by the current energy density of space and time, moving beyond the velocity of omnipresence. Of course it's not a man, that's just how I picture it, Mxyzptlk. It designed this 3D structure within its 4D realm.

GIULLW

Astner
The old legends tell of how Oneness (Superman) tricks God (Mxyzptlk).

http://i.imgur.com/X5Ioagb.jpg

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Astner
The old legends tell of how Oneness (Superman) tricks God (Mxyzptlk).

http://i.imgur.com/X5Ioagb.jpg

That was hard to read, and disappointing. stick out tongue

Oneness
gQjFHxJ9IKs

GaryTheGoo
There is no God, if there was then we would all be living in happiness. God is more for the people who are scared or reality. We are our own God in a way. Our consequences reverse and reflect on us.

Surtur
I see God the same way I see characters like Superman or Harry Potter: purely fiction.

Originally posted by GaryTheGoo
There is no God, if there was then we would all be living in happiness. God is more for the people who are scared or reality. We are our own God in a way. Our consequences reverse and reflect on us.

False. There are interpretations of God that would not be granting us all happiness. The biblical God, for one thing, wouldn't do that.

Trocity
Originally posted by Surtur
I see God the same way I see characters like Superman or Harry Potter: purely fiction.

Genesis-Soldier
god is a manifestation of the basic feeling of fear, "god" became apart of it when we told ourselves we could possibly be saved and in our desperate madness we thought up a system in which we could be saved from something (usually hell)

i have done this before sadly sad

Genesis-Soldier
god is a manifestation of the basic feeling of fear, "god" became apart of it when we told ourselves we could possibly be saved and in our desperate madness we thought up a system in which we could be saved from something (usually hell)
usually the idea of no afterlife, trying to comprehend no consious thought in a being of consious thought is simply madness
the hell part came in later to control others (just look at the church hundreds of years ago)

Josh_Alexander
Let me answer this to you: IMPOSSIBLE.

We can't ever get to understand God. How could we?

God is beyond all understanding. We are his creation. How could we imagine God when we can barely imagine our own existence?

Ill put you this rhetoric:

1. The Universe is a Computer Software: Everything in it are Algorithms and rules.

2. We Humans are the outcome of such laws. We are the players inside the screen. We have inteligence and awareness of being inside the screen (Universe).

3. God is the engineer. The mastermind which created all the laws. He sits outside the computer monitoring and creating the Algorithms for it to work.

We are constantly exploring and learning about our environment. But is it ever possible for use to look outside the screen?

Could we ever understand what's outside the screen? We are ruled by algorithm's, rules which the Engineer created. We understand what he want's us to understand.

If he doesn't create an Algorithm to describe himself how could we figure it out?

So basically, your perception of God is most likely wrong.

What do I believe?

God is the engineer. He is what put the pieces to work. He grants knowledge to what he wants.

But even that might be a wrong concept.

Josh_Alexander

Not the manifestation but the cure.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.