"Copy Characters" in Star Wars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
List all of the "copy characters" you can think of. Examples:
1. The Sith Emperor and Palpatine.
2. Darth Malgus and Darth Vader.
3. Darth Zannah and Jabba the Hutt.

NewGuy01
Agreed with all, though Malgus is a mix between Vader and Malak.

Fated Xtasy
Kanan = Kyle Katarn?

HoT = Revan and Meetra during KoTOR.

*shrugs*

Probably more, but i'm terribly tired(is that a thing?) and don't feel like doing more.

Nargaroth
T7 = C3PO

I don't completely agree on Vader and Malgus. The latter developed a different personality eventually, especially after he killed Eleena, which completely erased the good in him, while Vader still had a spark of light within himself. Of course the two are similar, but identical? Nah.

Sinious
Yoda and that other dude in KOTOR who trains you.

Nargaroth
Originally posted by Sinious
Yoda and that other dude in KOTOR who trains you.

That's Vandar Tokare.

NewGuy01
Vandar? You do know being of the same species doesn't mean your character is a ripoff...

Sinious
Of course it doesn't.

Originally posted by Nargaroth
That's Vandar Tokare.

Yeah, exactly.

Arhael
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Vandar? You do know being of the same species doesn't mean your character is a ripoff...
Well, even if we ignore same species and same appearance, he has exactly the same voice as Yoda and he is, also, like Yoda is grand master of the order. Literally the only difference is that he does not switch words in sentences. Sith Emperor is far less reap off than that.

NewGuy01
He's not grandmaster of the Order.

Sinious
I don't think there was a grand master at that point.

Vorpal Ruin
Luke Skywalker clones: Anakin Solo, Ben Skywalker, and arguments can be made for a great deal more Jedi.

Selenial
There's Hun Duo and Greepo on Nal Hutta in swtor...

Have a guess.

Vorpal Ruin
It probably doesn't even need to be said, but Han Solo is just a poor version of Lando Calrissian.

Wickit was a midget wanna-be Chewbacca.

WildBantha88
Jango Fett and Boba Fett

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by WildBantha88
Jango Fett and Boba Fett
Not really what I had in mind, but clever...

ILS
Originally posted by WildBantha88
Jango Fett and Boba Fett
Heh.

IG-88A, B, C, D...

Based
Every Hutt shown after Jabba.
He's certainly not a copy but Revan has a lot of elements from Anakin.

And yes Vandar is a clear copy off of Yoda. A Yoda species doesn't always have to be the wise, high ranking member of the Order. Use the species for some other role for once if you don't want to be a copy.

NewGuy01
Except that Yoda's species is extremely intelligent and long lived, as well as being strong in the force. There's no way a highly intelligent and centuries-old alien Jedi isn't going to be wise--And there's no reason why a wise and powerful Jedi wouldn't have a high rank.

He's no Yoda.

Q99
Agreed with all, though Malgus is a mix between Vader and Malak.

How about Malak as a Vader Clone?

Heck, Krayt certainly has some Vader DNA....

FreshestSlice
Malak? Krayt? Vader clones? Toplel.

ares834
Why? Don't know about Krayt but Malak is very similar.

Fated Xtasy
Oh what about Proxy trying to be like HK-47?

Emperordmb
or that Starkiller guy in TFU II...

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by ares834
Why? Don't know about Krayt but Malak is very similar.
How? They both are tall Sith, and the similarities end.

ares834
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
How? They both are tall Sith, and the similarities end.

Both are fallen heroes, both are cyborgs, both have a unrevealed relation to the main character, both have a mechanical sounding voice...

He may not be a full on clone, but he is quite clearly heavily inspired by Vader.

Arhael
Except that Yoda's species is extremely intelligent and long lived, as well as being strong in the force. There's no way a highly intelligent and centuries-old alien Jedi isn't going to be wise--And there's no reason why a wise and powerful Jedi wouldn't have a high rank.

He's no Yoda.
Thing is similar argument can be made for literally every reap off mentioned in this thread but then the thread would stop making sense.

Indeed, he is not grandmaster, just head of the enclave at Dantoine, all I remembered is that he was in charge. By the way, he does not just have the same voice, he is voiced by the same person as Yoda. Overall, he has less differences than similarities and he obviously was inspired by Yoda.

Nargaroth
There is also Sion=Vader. The way both were redeemed seems very similar to me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.