DCnU Darkseid Vs Monarch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/MC_zpsdc73184c.jpg

vs

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/DS_zpse858079f.jpg

Galan007
With how he's been touted in the DCnU, Darkseid should stomp Monarch, imo.

cdtm
Baron Underbite loses.

Diesldude
Originally posted by Galan007

What tier would you place him?

Gecko4lif
He hasnt done anything though

Monarch wiped out a continent as an afterthought

Galan007
^ The fact that low-level/no-name New Gods have been effortlessly shit-stomping ALL the Lantern Corps, should give you a clue as to the power upper-echelon Gods possess.

...Also the fact that Anti-Monitor is evidently amping himself with the power of entire universeS, just to prepare for a battle with Darkseid. /shrug

carver9
Preparing for a battle against Darkseid and his army, and apokalips. Darkseid hasn't done anything to put him on Monarch level but using hype, his power level is extremely high. Guess we will have to wait and see but until then, Monarch stomps.

Galan007
Anti-Monitor wouldn't be actively absorbing the power of universeS if the 'hype' weren't true. none

carver9
Anti-Monitor wouldn't be actively absorbing the power of universeS if the 'hype' weren't true. none

Darkseid never battles alone though. Anti could be preparing to face the full wrath or Apokolips.

Galan007
He battled the JL alone.

carver9
He battled the JL alone.

no expression No he didn't. Parademons was there.

KingD19
Couldn't see Aquaman poking out Monarch's eyes.

Galan007
Originally posted by carver9
no expression No he didn't. Parademons was there. laughing out loud

Reread the pertinent material(JL #6 in this case), before you stupidly throw smilies my way again. thumb up

DarkSaint85
Its fun to watch when an actual knowledgeable poster steps up to carver.

Prof. T.C McAbe
DCnU Darkseid wins.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Its fun to watch when an actual knowledgeable poster steps up to carver. that happens when anyone replies to him.

Damborgson
laughing out loud

Reread the pertinent material(JL #6 in this case), before you stupidly throw smilies my way again. thumb up

Why did you allow your jimmies to be rustled?

carver9
laughing out loud

About to read it now.

Galan007
Originally posted by Damborgson
Why did you allow your jimmies to be rustled? I don't wear jimmies. thumb up

-K-M-
Yes, DS casually ko'ed the JL with one gesture. Then later fought them solo

He also fought Highfather solo which caused the destruction of the planet they were on. Not as impressive as Monarch's universe buster blast, just using another example of him fighting solo

-K-M-
Justice League #4-5
1. http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/18-19_zps3752efe7.jpg
2. http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/20-21_zpsd89cf9c2.jpg
3. http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/22_zps20f28ac5.jpg
4. http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/01_zps45e37498.jpg
5. http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/02_zps20924631.jpg
6. http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/03_zpsefa20a50.jpg
7. http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/04_zpsb7de7608.jpg
8. http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/05_zpsca1caa9e.jpg
9. http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/06_zpsfebc24fd.jpg

Galan007
I always liked that scene because it shows us that just half of Darkseid's Omega Beam is more than enough to KO Superman. thumb up

krisblaze
Monarch's feats blow darkseid's out of the water...right?

This seems like a pretty clear cut case to me. Monarch 10/10.

Galan007
It's foolish to think that Darkseid couldn't at least rupture Monarch's armor...

carver9
@Galan...

Don't get why you are saying what you are saying. Monarch fts overall poops on Darkseid, so why are you even making this a fight? Based off fts, this isn't even a challenge for Monarch. Just because Prime (who fts also spits on Darkseid) ruptured the suit doesn't mean Darkseid can.

-K-M-
an alternate reality Green Lantern also ruptured his suit. So yes, no reason to believe Darkseid couldn't.

carver9
Originally posted by -K-M-
an alternate reality Green Lantern also ruptured his suit. So yes, no reason to believe Darkseid couldn't.

Lifted his face mask, not rupture his suit. Monarch suit afterwards didn't posses the same face mask and after this was done, Monarch closed it easily.

Also, it's not like Monarch will be sitting in one spot allowing this. He will be attacking with enough power to drop Darkseid.

Diesldude
^ The fact that low-level/no-name New Gods have been effortlessly shit-stomping ALL the Lantern Corps, should give you a clue as to the power upper-echelon Gods possess.

...Also the fact that Anti-Monitor is evidently amping himself with the power of entire universeS, just to prepare for a battle with Darkseid. /shrug

I agree, that's the thing I give Marvel over DC. They have a tier system and they keep to it while at DC, they are all over the place.

Galan007
an alternate reality Green Lantern also ruptured his suit. So yes, no reason to believe Darkseid couldn't. thumb up

krisblaze
He needed to have his infinite willpower ring use all it had.

And that Green Lantern was Batman.

Sensui
Originally posted by krisblaze
He needed to have his infinite willpower ring use all it had.

And that Green Lantern was Batman.

I forgot about this showing taking out his mask.

http://imageshack.com/a/img633/3659/ugSIWO.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img674/2403/0LN5Q7.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img631/3897/HH9pie.jpg

In typical comic fashion his armor must be more durable than his face plate laughing

-K-M-
Lifted his face mask, not rupture his suit. Monarch suit afterwards didn't posses the same face mask and after this was done, Monarch closed it easily.

Also, it's not like Monarch will be sitting in one spot allowing this. He will be attacking with enough power to drop Darkseid.

Did you read the text or just look at the pretty pictures?

Monarch: "NO! YOU IDIOT! YOU'VE RUPTURED MY CONTAINMENT--*KABOOM*

He specifically says it ruptured his suit. Seriously just stop posting erm

carver9
Did you read the text or just look at the pretty pictures?

Monarch: "NO! YOU IDIOT! YOU'VE RUPTURED MY CONTAINMENT--*KABOOM*

He specifically says it ruptured his suit. Seriously just stop posting erm

And then he pulled his face mask back down and everything was back to normal. Also, don't think Darkseid can generate more force than all the heros Monarch faced in the Arena with ease.

-K-M-
And then he pulled his face mask back down and everything was back to normal. Also, don't think Darkseid can generate more force than all the heros Monarch faced in the Arena with ease.

good for him. Does it change the fact he actually ruptured the SUIT? No. A feat you claimed he didn't.

Except it was 3 Green Lanterns he fought there and it only needed one to do that. Honestly did you even read the book?

KingD19
It was only his faceplate/mask that was damaged it looks like. And it's clear Bat Lantern's fist was inches away from his face. After that he put the mask back on and everything was good. It's not like he put a hole in the suit or something.

-K-M-
Originally posted by KingD19
It was only his faceplate/mask that was damaged it looks like. And it's clear Bat Lantern's fist was inches away from his face. After that he put the mask back on and everything was good. It's not like he put a hole in the suit or something.

Doesn't need to. The claim was Darkseid couldn't rupture the suit so an example of a being much weaker with less energy output did it. So DS doing it on his own power is very likely to happen. To the level of Prime? not being debated here only that DS could and would rupture the suit if he wanted.

Reflassshh
The art show us batman only opened the plate thus releasing part of monarch's energy.

I think Monarch wins this one. Seid is a powerhouse sure but not in monarch's level yet imo.

carver9
Originally posted by KingD19

thumb up

-K-M-
Originally posted by Reflassshh
The art show us batman only opened the plate thus releasing part of monarch's energy.

Correct! As Monarch said it ruptured his containment suit.

The severity of the rupture is not being debated, but the fact he did it. A feat which Carver claimed DS couldn't do.

Reflassshh
Correct! As Monarch said it ruptured his containment suit.

The severity of the rupture is not being debated, but the fact he did it. A feat which Carver claimed DS couldn't do. Mm not sure he meant that but meh. he changed that face plate for something less likely to be opened in order to prevent that happening again iirc.

Is this pre or post arena monarch? If it's the latter i don't think the mask argument would matter much..

-K-M-
Mm not sure he meant that but meh. he changed that face plate for something less likely to be opened in order to prevent that happening again iirc.

Is this pre or post arena monarch? If it's the latter i don't think the mask argument would matter much..

Yes he said it. Also denied it ruptured his suit which monarch specifically says that's what happened. Earlier he even claimed Ds hasn't fought anyone solo either...that was proven wrong as well.

@Galan...

Don't get why you are saying what you are saying. Monarch fts overall poops on Darkseid, so why are you even making this a fight? Based off fts, this isn't even a challenge for Monarch. Just because Prime (who fts also spits on Darkseid) ruptured the suit doesn't mean Darkseid can.

Why? His power increased not the suit itselt. He used the same one pre and post arena.

You're missing the point. If a being much much weaker then Ds did that why is it so hard for you to believe Ds couldnt repeat that to a higher degree? Not saying prime level just that he could rupture the suit which as shown carver claimed he couldn't.

Reflassshh
Yes he said it. Also denied it ruptured his suit which monarch specifically says that's what happened. Earlier he even claimed Ds hasn't fought anyone solo either...that was proven wrong as well.

Why? His power increased not the suit itselt. He used the same one pre and post arena.

You're missing the point. If a being much much weaker then Ds did that why is it so hard for you to believe Ds couldnt repeat that to a higher degree? Not saying prime level just that he could rupture the suit which as shown carver claimed he couldn't.
So you're saying darkseid would somehow know that monarch's weak spot is his mask?.

Even if he did, how would that help him?.

I honestly don't see darkseid beating Monarch. but maybe that's just me

krisblaze
The debate isn't whether or not DS can rupture Monarch's suit.

It's whether or not that helps him.

I don't think it does smile

Golgo13
I wonder how the Omega Effect would do to Monarch.

-K-M-
So you're saying darkseid would somehow know that monarch's weak spot is his mask?.

Even if he did, how would that help him?.

I honestly don't see darkseid beating Monarch. but maybe that's just me

Of course not. Neither did the green lantern but lantern bat did it himself.

Again not debating it would. Just that he can and could rupture the suit.

Again not debating who would win. Just the incorrect statements he never fought someone solo and he couldn't rupture the suit.

-K-M-

I don't think it does smile

Actually the opposite. I was debating he could and one argued he couldn't.

Not debating if it would help or not.

Reflassshh

I don't think it does smile thumb up
Of course not. Neither did the green lantern but lantern bat did it himself.

Again not debating it would. Just that he can and could rupture the suit.

Again not debating who would win. Just the incorrect statements he never fought someone solo and he couldn't rupture the suit. That was luck imo. but then again monarch is overconfident and that may happen again.

Point taken smile

krisblaze
Actually the opposite. I was debating he could and one argued he couldn't.

Not debating if it would help or not.
I phrased it poorly.

The debate SHOULD not be about that stick out tongue

carver9

His suit after the Arena looks completely different than we he fought the heros in the Arena. How would Darkseid even know to attack the face plate (if it's still there)?

Omega Vision
Based on what we've seen so far, I'm leaning Monarch.

Galan007
Originally posted by Golgo13
I wonder how the Omega Effect would do to Monarch. It would evidently just bounce right off him, according to some of the 'logic' in this thread. thumb up

carver9

Based off fts, it shouldn't do a thing to Monarch. Look at everything he endured while facing the heros.

Galan007
Yes, Monarch tanked attacks from a bunch of ALTERNATE heroes that cannot be quantified... Yet somehow this equates to him no-selling an attack that, at HALF power, KO'd the Superman for an entire issue.

Lol, love the logic. thumb up

"Id"
Monarch was a beast. We know where he stands.

Not enough info on Darkseid.

carver9
Originally posted by "Id"
Monarch was a beast. We know where he stands.

Not enough info on Darkseid.

thumb up

DarkSaint85
This thread is funny thumb up

"Id"
thumb up

-K-M-
His suit after the Arena looks completely different than we he fought the heros in the Arena. How would Darkseid even know to attack the face plate (if it's still there)?

It's the same suit.

Stoic

I was wondering the same exact thing.

krisblaze
Yes, Monarch tanked attacks from a bunch of ALTERNATE heroes that cannot be quantified... Yet somehow this equates to him no-selling an attack that, at HALF power, KO'd the Superman for an entire issue.

Lol, love the logic. thumb up

We know the power-level of red son Superman, Johnny Quick and Breach at least, and they were absolutely -nothing- compared to him.

Golgo13
We know the power-level of red son Superman, Johnny Quick and Breach at least, and they were absolutely -nothing- compared to him.

We also know the DCnU JL and they were nothing to Darkseid. If it wasn't for BFR, they would probably be dead.

I think Darkseid will surpass Monarch in the Darkseid Vs Anti-Monitor war. Monarch's days are NUMBERED.

Board Walker
Monarch fights monitors.

Darkside fights anti monitors

the decision is clear.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Board Walker
Monarch fights monitors.

Darkside fights anti monitors

the decision is clear.

Monarch needs and army of Heralds to fight Monitors. Anti-Monitor needs the power of Universes to fight Darkseid.

Golgo13
Hahaha!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.