Why was Jaden Korr such a weak character in Jedi Academy?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
He seemed like he had SO MUCH potential. Not to be as powerful as Revan or anything. But he definitely had the Potential to be close to Maul.

Fated Xtasy
I wouldn't call a thirteen year old child who can TK a pillar, send a boulder flying, tank a shot from the scepter of ragnos, solo entire imperial facilities, disarm nearly every person he's faced, defeated Boba Fett, take down a powerful sith lord and is constantly praised by Luke Skywalker himself, Weak. jmanghan if you're trolling, Bravo. If you're not then.... then I wish you were trolling.

DarthAnt66
Yeah... a 13 year old kid who beats the "greatest bounty hunter in the galaxy" and the "most powerful of the most powerful" Dark Lord of the Sith is "weak." Mmk. thumb up

ILS
How exactly did he defeat Boba Fett?

DarthAnt66
He fights him on Ord Mantell. After defeating him in combat he forced Fett to retreat.

Sinious
Are you serious? Jaden is badass and he was only 13 in JA? He looked 20ish.

About Ragnos, is it known how much of his power was he capable of using there?

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Sinious
Are you serious? Jaden is badass and he was only 13 in JA? He looked 20ish.

About Ragnos, is it known how much of his power was he capable of using there?

He was a spirit, so people assume he was weakened due to him being thousands of years old.

Oh and he was born in 0.BY or something like that, so he is thirteen in JA, even the novel confirms this.

Nalaniel
You're obviously trolling.

Nephthys
Some retarded shitsquatting asswagon decided to give Jaden an official DOB without realising that it would make him 13 at the time of JA. Or they were just dumb enough to think that was a good idea.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Nephthys
Some retarded shitsquatting asswagon decided to give Jaden an official DOB without realising that it would make him 13 at the time of JA. Or they were just dumb enough to think that was a good idea.

Yeah, making Jaden the youngest person in SW to achieve the rank of Jedi Knight. Get wrecked Revan & HoT stick out tongue

ILS
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
He fights him on Ord Mantell. After defeating him in combat he forced Fett to retreat. Watched the playthrough, I think you're overstating the loss a little bit. Boba wasn't defeated, he just chose to leave because it wasn't a fight worth fighting. Maybe he wouldn't be able to win anyway but it was inconclusive to say the least. Kyle (I think it's Kyle...) says afterward that Boba nearly killed him when they had fought, and that he's not an enemy you want, so I'm kind of dubious as to if Jaden really could beat him.

Sinious
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
He was a spirit, so people assume he was weakened due to him being thousands of years old.

Oh and he was born in 0.BY or something like that, so he is thirteen in JA, even the novel confirms this.

His age makes it even more impressive.

WildBantha88
Gnost Dural is still better. hewhewhew yes

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by WildBantha88
You discern a fraction of reality. http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/3177439056.gif

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by ILS
Watched the playthrough, I think you're overstating the loss a little bit. Boba wasn't defeated, he just chose to leave because it wasn't a fight worth fighting. Maybe he wouldn't be able to win anyway but it was inconclusive to say the least. Kyle (I think it's Kyle...) says afterward that Boba nearly killed him when they had fought, and that he's not an enemy you want, so I'm kind of dubious as to if Jaden really could beat him.

Boba's on his knees and flees AFTER Jaden forced him to flee multiple times while arming bombs

lol, We'll see

Originally posted by Sinious
His age makes it even more impressive.

Yeah, it sure doesn't help Tavion or Ragnos tho laughing out loud

Nalaniel

Well, he has the Kel'Dor bonus.

WildBantha88
thumb up things like this is why I love you Nal. And because your so damn smexy. but not as smexy as Fated Xtasy, my true lover can never be replaced <3

DarthAnt66
Nalaniel's smexyness surpasses all, even bae's.

ILS
Boba's on his knees and flees AFTER Jaden forced him to flee multiple times while arming bombs Fleeing =/= Tactical retreat. He's smart enough not to get close to a lightsaber. Boba being on his knees is hardly conclusive of him losing, people fall down in fights all the time lol.

Nephthys

cOy6hqzfsAs

>:[

NewGuy01
LOL

Sinious
Originally posted by NewGuy01
LOL

Fated Xtasy

sheesh, Ant, First neph, then Nalaniel and now Selenial. wow who's next?

thumb up things like this is why I love you Nal. And because your so damn smexy. but not as smexy as Fated Xtasy, my true lover can never be replaced <3

You know it wink

Originally posted by ILS
Fleeing =/= Tactical retreat. He's smart enough not to get close to a lightsaber. Boba being on his knees is hardly conclusive of him losing, people fall down in fights all the time lol.

I think we can rule out "tactical retreat" as a theory, i mean does fleeing and coming back to get your butt whooped six/seven times sound tactical?

ILS
I think we can rule out "tactical retreat" as a theory, i mean does fleeing and coming back to get your butt whooped six/seven times sound tactical?
Eh, who said he was getting his butt whooped in any of those instances? You're referring to gameplay mechanics. All we know for certain is that Fett uses hit and run tactics on Jaden and then decides to leave after a while. Lol.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by ILS
Eh, who said he was getting his butt whooped in any of those instances? You're referring to gameplay mechanics. All we know for certain is that Fett uses hit and run tactics on Jaden and then decides to leave after a while. Lol.

Crap, lol yeah my bad. Still, the fact that Jaden kept up with Boba is impressive given his age at the time.

Nephthys
When someone puts you on your knees and you run away immediately afterwards I wouldn't say it was a draw.

ILS
Crap, lol yeah my bad. Still, the fact that Jaden kept up with Boba is impressive given his age at the time. It is, although something irks me about a thirteen year old giving Boba trouble lol.

But then it's obviously not as simple as that. Jaden could have Force pushed Boba or anything, and even then simply being on your knees doesn't mean you've lost the fight. Boba was more than capable of getting up and potentially killing Jaden. But seeing as he likes to pick his fights, and there was no bounty on Jaden, he didn't see him as worth the risk of a direct fight. He wasn't running away, he chose to leave, and there's no evidence that Jaden could have taken him.

FreshestSlice
I wish that when I was a thirteen year that I could have gone toe-to-toe with Boba Feat, slay legions of Stormtroopers and DoR, summon one of the most powerful and difficult to conjure Force techniques as the opposite alignment, topple pillars, jump 25 feet in the air. move giant boulders with my mind, defeat Haxvion, and an ancient Sith specter. I must have been a fetus in comparison.

Skybreaker
Originally posted by ILS
It is, although something irks me about a thirteen year old giving Boba trouble lol.

Does not irk me at all. No non-force sensitive should ever take on a semi-trained Jedi in a fight without extraordinary circumstances. There is no reason why any Jedi couldn't just immobilize Fett's limbs and ragdoll him at will. Especially given that most Force users display physical abilities that are blatantly supernatural.

ILS
Originally posted by Skybreaker
Does not irk me at all. No non-force sensitive should ever take on a semi-trained Jedi in a fight without extraordinary circumstances. There is no reason why any Jedi couldn't just immobilize Fett's limbs and ragdoll him at will. Especially given that most Force users display physical abilities that are blatantly supernatural. Going by our standards, Boba's physical displays are also supernatural, same with his father's who he is an identical clone of. Force users being superhuman isn't exactly news either. Batman is considered superhuman in real terms, even if DC class him as "peak human".

It's not as easy as you make out to ragdoll people. For the more basic Force Users it still requires concentration, and Fett's overwhelming armament and accuracy would allow him to kill plenty of Force sensitives.

Skybreaker
Originally posted by ILS
Going by our standards, Boba's physical displays are also supernatural,

Don't be an idiot. Nothing Boba Fett has ever done can compare to Anakin Skywalker falling tens of thousands of feet and landing on a metallic airspeeder, decelerating at a rate of potentially thousands of G's, without any physical injury.

Qui Gon and Obi Wan can put their faces next to superheated durasteel without feeling any discomfort. Don't pretend Jango Fett has ever done anything comparable.

This is either a rhetorical strategy or immense stupidity on your part; you think that because you can apply the same label to two different feats, they must be equivalent in magnitude. As though there weren't different levels of supernatural. roll eyes (sarcastic)

It is when your target literally has no ability to even understand the medium that you are using. Any Jedi who can do as much as lift a 75 kilogram object should have no problem ragdolling Fett, let alone Jedi such as Anakin that can rip bolted machinery.

So what? They can still do it casually.

No, because any trained Force user would rip his blaster out of his hands and then crush his neck with a gesture.

ares834
No, because any trained Force user would rip his blaster out of his hands and then crush his neck with a gesture.

Pretty much.

ILS
Don't be an idiot. Nothing Boba Fett has ever done can compare to Anakin Skywalker falling tens of thousands of feet and landing on a metallic airspeeder, decelerating at a rate of potentially thousands of G's, without any physical injury.

Qui Gon and Obi Wan can put their faces next to superheated durasteel without feeling any discomfort. Don't pretend Jango Fett has ever done anything comparable.

This is either a rhetorical strategy or immense stupidity on your part; you think that because you can apply the same label to two different feats, they must be equivalent in magnitude. As though there weren't different levels of supernatural. roll eyes (sarcastic)

It is when your target literally has no ability to even understand the medium that you are using. Any Jedi who can do as much as lift a 75 kilogram object should have no problem ragdolling Fett, let alone Jedi such as Anakin that can rip bolted machinery.

So what? They can still do it casually.

1. No... but you don't need to do that to be deemed supernatural, lol. I didn't compare Boba to the likes Anakin or Obi-Wan, so you're arguing a point I didn't support in the first place.

2. Again, you keep bringing Anakin into the equation even though I didn't bring him up in the first place. Strawman ftw.

It ultimately depends on the individual. You obviously don't know much about Boba Fett to be making the claims you're making, and I'm honestly alright with leaving you that way. If you want to believe that any padawan who can lift a decent sized rock can kill Boba Fett, that's your warped sense of reality which you are more than welcome to.

Skybreaker
Originally posted by ILS
1. No... but you don't need to do that to be deemed supernatural, lol. I didn't compare Boba to the likes Anakin or Obi-Wan, so you're arguing a point I didn't support in the first place.

So then you're just being a pedantic twit by pointing out that Boba Fett may be *technically* supernatural by RL standards, and failing to actually connect this to the topic. That makes more sense, given yourself.

Yeah, let's pretend that all of my points revolve around Anakin, so that you can conveniently ignore everything you've no counter for by cherry picking what you want to respond to.

Notice how you vaguely accuse me of not knowing much about Boba, vaguely disagree with my assertions, and vaguely appeal to your own incredulity, and then refuse to actually explain your position or give concrete arguments for your sake? You are a horrible debater.

ILS
Dude, you're really wounding me here with all of that mean text. Please stop or I'll have to call the cyber bully police on you for nastiness.

Skybreaker
Originally posted by ILS
Dude, you're really wounding me here with all of that mean text. Please stop or I'll have to call the cyber bully police on you for nastiness.

Your ability to make ad hominem fallacies is almost as pathetic as your obvious perma-virgin immaturity. It's like, every debate I've seen you get yourself into, you've resorted to ^this after quickly exhausting everything you've had to say. roll eyes (sarcastic)

ILS
LOL

FreshestSlice
Perma-virgin? This just went from stupid to GG.

ILS
Eh, I'd be worried more than anything for the guy who's trying to accuse people of virginity on a Star Wars debating forum. Only really shows his own insecurity in his manhood.

Skybreaker
Originally posted by ILS
Eh, I'd be worried more than anything for the guy who's trying to accuse people of virginity on a Star Wars debating forum. Only really shows his own insecurity in his manhood.

The real hilarity is that you've abandoned any pretense of actually debating the subject matter. You come in and exchange blows for a few rounds, then cherry pick a single insult as an excuse to just go off the deep end. It's not conducive to intelligent discussion, and it's not very indicative of your own intellectual faculties either. I don't know what else to say, ILS.

ILS
Maybe you should call me a virgin with a community college education or something, that seems to be your main shtick. smile

Skybreaker
roll eyes (sarcastic) Again, do you have any interest in actually debating the subject matter?

ILS
What do you want to debate exactly? All I was ever getting at is that the average Force User isn't going to just crumple Boba into a little paper ball or whatever. Him and Jango's shtick is being able to contend in a galaxy of beings where they are out of their depth and get by on a combination of technology and skill.

You say any random Jedi can just ragdoll Boba. I disagree. For one, it comes down to the individual. Savage Opress for example is immensely powerful (relatively speaking), but you'll notice that just prior to Maul's duel with Viszla, Savage was pouring a fair bit of concentration into simply levitating a Mandalorian. He's powerful, but it required focus for him to ragdoll one guard.

I'm not saying Boba is immune to telekinesis, because he's obviously not, but when you take what I said above and add it to the fact Boba is incredibly versatile and accurate, he's no easy target to take down. He can voice activate weapons like his jetpack missile, which would be ideal for getting out of a Force choke. He has a sonic emitter which he can use to disorientate a Jedi at close range, allowing him to create distance, as well as two flame projectors, nerve darts and a wrist-laster. His accuracy isn't shabby either, because it's literally "built into" his genetics - and he shares genetics with a guy who killed numerous Jedi at the battle of Geonosis, killed Komari Vosa on open ground, and has other impressive sniper feats. Boba himself isn't shabby, he regularly disarms opponents by shooting their blasters out of their hands or non-lethally incapacitates them, even out-drawing multiple shooters at once, and he gives Force sensitives some level of challenge consistently.

Skybreaker
Originally posted by ILS
What do you want to debate exactly? All I was ever getting at is that the average Force User isn't going to just crumple Boba into a little paper ball or whatever.

Except your average trained Force user will, assuming that your average trained Force user can move a 75 kilogram human. You just don't understand just how little force it takes for someone to pin your limbs; humans are not that strong. Every Jedi we've ever seen can summon far more force through the Force than your strongest human could deadlifting.

Yes, I'm well aware of their shtick. I'm pointing out to you that their shtick is f*cking stupid, because having precognition and an instantaneous telekinesis gives you the ability to kill any individual non-force user at your leisure in any remotely "fair" circumstance. I'm fine with non-force sensitives taking on force users; I'd even welcome it. But they must do so with more clever tactics than literally facing them in 1 vs 1 combat. Tales of Jango Fett taking on Jedi and killing them with his bare hands are what f*cking don't make any sense, when you consider the observation that Jedi have the precog-enhanced reflexes to deflect blaster bolts, and yet apparently can't defeat a regular human in a brawl.

How much force does it take to rip a blaster out of a human's hands? Any trained Jedi could muster that level of TK. How much force does it take to crush someone's knees? Any trained Jedi could muster that level of TK. What level of reflexes does it take to be unassailable in h2h? Certainly less than the reflexes it takes to deflect blaster fire.

Accept it: the ability to move objects with your mind and see things before they happen makes you unbeatable against a conventional foe in a 1 vs 1 confrontation. TK is instantaneous, and Jedi can literally pull it off before Fett even thinks to draw his blaster. That's what having supernatural abilities gives you.

Irrelevant. Being "versatile" doesn't mean sh*t unless he has an anti-TK device. Being "accurate" doesn't mean sh*t unless he has the quick-draw ability to out-draw someone who can react to things before they happen.

Don't be a moron. Voice activation takes infinitely longer than thinking, which is the requirement to rip Fett's eyeballs out. The human body is incredibly fragile, and so being able to apply force to it without any defense mechanism is an insta-win.

No, it wouldn't. Try using voice activation with your trachea being crushed. Pretend that a Force choke is not more like a Force crush, because it doesn't take much force at all to crush a trachea, far less than it takes to do any of the things Jedi regularly do.

The point clearly sails over your feeble-minded head; none of these gadgets can be fired faster than the speed of thought.

Irrelevant. Jedi can deflect blaster bolts because they see things before they happen; you can be 100% accurate and it won't matter, because the Jedi will just deflect the bolt back at you, and you can deflect them back.

Wow, you're a joke. You defend the realism of the Fett's taking down Force sensitives...by pointing out that they've defeated Force sensitives? laughing

Circular reasoning is something that many politicians do to bluff their way through debates; I've a feeling that you're actually doing it because you think it's a legitimate argument.

ILS
"Don't be a moron."
"The point clearly sails over your feeble-minded head."
"Wow, you're a joke."

See - this is where my apathy is coming from. You want to promote intelligent discussion, stop acting like such an adolescent. I've been taking the piss out of your hormonal reactions and desperate search for validation through insults and ridicule, but that last post of mine was actually an attempt at finding some common ground with you. Apparently that upsets you, so have fun doing your thing.

And no, that wasn't ad hominem. That was me failing to give a shit about anything you have to say or being "right" in a debate. If I had enough energy to waste debating you, I might, if I didn't catch ebola from your nonsense first.

Emperordmb
sheesh, Ant, First neph, then Nalaniel, then Joker and now Selenial. wow who's next?
Fixed that for you wink

DarthAnt66
Joker still remains my love. Nalaniel still remains my life.

Skybreaker
Originally posted by ILS
"Don't be a moron."
"The point clearly sails over your feeble-minded head."
"Wow, you're a joke."

See - this is where my apathy is coming from. You want to promote intelligent discussion, stop acting like such an adolescent. I've been taking the piss out of your hormonal reactions and desperate search for validation through insults and ridicule, but that last post of mine was actually an attempt at finding some common ground with you. Apparently that upsets you, so have fun doing your thing.

And no, that wasn't ad hominem. That was me failing to give a shit about anything you have to say or being "right" in a debate. If I had enough energy to waste debating you, I might, if I didn't catch ebola from your nonsense first.

Do you seriously think not-acting like an adolescent involves quitting whenever someone lobs an insult at you? roll eyes (sarcastic)

If you don't want to be called out for being an idiot, try to wisen up and not make momentously idiotic statements such as "it's realistic for Fett to stand a chance against force sensisitives...because he's stood against force sensitives before". Idiotic illogic like this lowers the quality of discussion for everyone, far moreso than a half-sentence insult sporadically inserted in actually substantive arguments that you decide to ignore to your own benefit.

But I do love that you yourself have, on multiple occasions, insulted myself and others on your own volition, but you obviously think it's OK because you're more passive-aggressive about it and don't directly call someone an idiot. It's the height of immaturity on your part that you clearly think insults somehow denote immaturity (as though political correctness were a measuring stick for maturity roll eyes (sarcastic) ) but fail to recognize your own warning signs:

1. You cherry pick insults that make up 5% of a post as an excuse to ignore the 95% of the post that you have absolutely no substantive argument to provide against.

2. You frequently resort to ridiculous sarcastic trolling in place of actual argumentation, but apparently this isn't as bad as calling someone an idiot, even though it is far more detrimental to intelligent discussion.

3. When things don't go your way, you flee from the actual debate and then find any excuse to play the victim and declare the debate over because the other person "isn't worth your time", because he insulted you (even if you'd been insulting him), or by simply resorting to your sarcastic trolling.

All of these problems actually take away from intelligent debate. Saying "don't be an idiot" or whatever every paragraph or two does not. Again: you are pathetic, because you try to compensate for your intellectual failures by trying to play manner police. It's pretty f*cking hilarious.

ILS
There we have it folks, a comprehensive study of exactly what goes on inside my head. This guy gets it.

Skybreaker
^yeah, you're the one to resort to being a smartass over substantive defenses of your position.

Face it: trolling an entire thread by talking about Mace Windu's master papercut abilities is far more childish and detrimental to intelligent debate than occasionally calling someone an idiot for using circular logic. The latter is just a compliment to the substantive arguments; the former is used as a substitute. You can play manners police all you want and pretend that you're being "mature"; we all know you can't actually defend yourself in a real debate.

Nephthys
If you don't want to be called out for being an idiot, try to wisen up and not make momentously idiotic statements such as "it's realistic for Fett to stand a chance against force sensisitives...because he's stood against force sensitives before". Idiotic illogic like this lowers the quality of discussion for everyone, far moreso than a half-sentence insult sporadically inserted in actually substantive arguments that you decide to ignore to your own benefit.

thats not idiotic tho its true

ILS
thats not idiotic tho its true Glad someone agrees with me. Letting Windu near the Jedi archives is tantamount to suicide.

Skybreaker
It's good to see that you think insults are OK so long as they are phrased passive aggressively, and made in the absence of any actual argument. roll eyes (sarcastic)

ILS
It's good to see that you still think you know what I'm thinking.....

Skybreaker
That obviously works both ways, given you made an entire post dedicated to referencing my "hormonal reactions" and need to validate myself. The hypocrisy in trying to pull the above should have been evident to you before you hit the "submit" button. Do you see, now, why I feel the need to call you an idiot?

(the difference, of course, is that my point is just assuming that you're thinking what you're posting, since you obviously stated that you do not think my insults are "mature", but presumably think that your passive-aggressiveness is; my assumption is therefore just a simple deduction from your own assertions. Your nonsense about hormonal reactions was just an excuse to not actually debate the subject matter).

Nephthys
http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9bs0icLXf1qajc4eo1_500.gif

Can you two just stop? You're bickering like 6 year olds. Just agree to disagree and resolve this maturely.

ILS
You're obviously pretty upset about something, the "hormonal" part was for comedic value. And I would assume that going to these psychotic lengths to beat a stranger in a debate is some way for you to validate yourself, which is different from you literally sitting there putting words in my mouth and typing paragraphs about points I'm not even interested in debating in the first place.

Why am I still talking to you anyway lol? Ought to slap myself for wasting so much time on your hissy fits.

ILS
I try not to get dragged into these types of conversations on the web but sometimes it's just too tempting to reply, lol.

Skybreaker
Originally posted by ILS
You're obviously pretty upset about something, the "hormonal" part was for comedic value.

The problem is, your "comedic" parts were presented as your actual arguments. You had nothing of substance. You're concerned with smartass replies that sound nice rhetorically; you are not concerned with actual presenting a decent argument. If you were, you wouldn't have cherry picked 5% of my post as an excuse to dismiss the other 95%, and then proudly declared yourself the moral victor, as though it were OK for you to hurl insults so long as you did it vaguely.

Don't act as though this weren't reciprocated, or as if it takes me "psychotic lengths" to type 90 second posts.

laughing You decided to reply to my point about force sensitives being nerfed against the Fetts, and now you're claiming that you're not interested in debating them?

That's your problem; you don't address my arguments point-by-point, you frequently drop arguments or mishaps and push them to the side, and you focus on trying to make attacks on my mental state rather than debating the actual subject matter. All this from your apparent inability to handle a few insults.

Fated Xtasy
http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9bs0icLXf1qajc4eo1_500.gif

Can you two just stop? You're bickering like 6 year olds. Just agree to disagree and resolve this maturely.

God yes, please just do what Nephthys said. thumb up

WildBantha88
God yes, please just do what Nephthys said. thumb up See? This is what happens when Jaden gets a thread. He is so inferior to Gnost that people cant talk about him without devolving into whining three year olds.

Skybreaker
I do love the golden mean fallacies that fly out when the spectators come in.

Nargaroth

Forgive my ignorance, but isn't the "golden mean fallacy" about the truth being in between two positions or something like that? Just asking.

Fated Xtasy

You know saying the same word over and over, will not garner the respect and or admiration you are attempting to get. I would suggest that instead of insulting the other respected members of the SW section, you present your case in a none-hostile manner, this seems to be the more appropriate choice. Other wise, i sincerely doubt you'll last more than a week here. In short, keep insulting users and you'll get your ass banned

Skybreaker
You know saying the same word over and over, will not garner the respect and or admiration you are attempting to get. I would suggest that instead of insulting the other respected members of the SW section, you present your case in a none-hostile manner, this seems to be the more appropriate choice. Other wise, i sincerely doubt you'll last more than a week here. In short, keep insulting users and you'll get your ass banned

Yeah, but you see, this is your problem here; you focus so much on trying to discern my hidden intentions over the keyboards, or the proper manners that I'm trying to use here, or whatever else you can muster, and to you, the actual arguments being presented in relation to the actual subject matter are the least important criteria. Do you realize how incredibly immature and petty of you it is to think that sporadic insults are more important than the real quality of debate?

This is especially silly of you to bring up when you consider the fact that the other member in question started this feud by throwing out insults against me in another discussion. But you probably don't care as much because he did it in a passive-aggressive, address-in-the-third-person manner, and this is OK, because you are more concerned with semantics than anything else.

Nephthys
I don't think it's immature and petty to think that someone being rude and insulting to actual real people is more important that whether Boba Fett can beat up a Jedi. erm

Skybreaker
I don't think it's immature and petty to think that someone being rude and insulting to actual real people is more important that whether Boba Fett can beat up a Jedi. erm

Yeah, let's pretend that I wasn't retaliating to his own significantly more sinister insults from prior discussions, or that saying "don't be an idiot" over the internet is going to hurt him, or something. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Like, do you want me to pull up when you've made precisely the same comments to me, and I didn't care one iota?

Nephthys
I was responding to that thing you said. I haven't been reading your back and forth and don't care who started it or who is worse than who.

DarthAnt66
Yeah, but you see, this is your problem here; you focus so much on trying to discern my hidden intentions over the keyboards, or the proper manners that I'm trying to use here, or whatever else you can muster, and to you, the actual arguments being presented in relation to the actual subject matter are the least important criteria. Do you realize how incredibly immature and petty of you it is to think that sporadic insults are more important than the real quality of debate?

This is especially silly of you to bring up when you consider the fact that the other member in question started this feud by throwing out insults against me in another discussion. But you probably don't care as much because he did it in a passive-aggressive, address-in-the-third-person manner, and this is OK, because you are more concerned with semantics than anything else.
Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

Skybreaker
Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

You've clearly tried to judge me on multiple occasions here. roll eyes (sarcastic) For one thing, you tried to judge my posting as "harassment". Get off your high horse and confront your absurd hypocrisies.

DarthAnt66
You've clearly tried to judge me on multiple occasions here. roll eyes (sarcastic) For one thing, you tried to judge my posting as "harassment". Get off your high horse and confront your absurd hypocrisies.
I never stated I do not wish to me judged. I welcome judgment. I thrive off it. You, as proven by what you said, are not the same.

Fated Xtasy

I was only giving out some friendly advice, i say nothing to the other user because he is not as aggressive as you when he is debating, the granted i made a petty remark, though i had hoped people would see it as a joke and not take it to heart. All i wished to state is that, you should really watch how aggressive you are being as this will most likely lead to members reporting you and landing you in a two week, ban/suspension. granted this is the internet, and it shouldn't matter, but I just thought i should warn you. Despite the trolls, bait threads and constant BS you've no doubt seen on here, this place has rules.

Not to mention that insulting other users is not the best way to get started on here.

Skybreaker
I never stated I do not wish to me judged.

Wow, your reading comprehension is simply awful. I wasn't accusing you of not wanting to be judged. I was accusing you of judging other people, just as you do here:

Your hypocrisy is astounding, as is your befuddling of subjects and objects in simple sentences.

DarthAnt66
Wow, your reading comprehension is simply awful. I wasn't accusing you of not wanting to be judged. I was accusing you of judging other people, just as you do here:

Your hypocrisy is astounding, as is your befuddling of subjects and objects in simple sentences.
The irony is great. Please read the text I quoted from the Holy Bible. "Do not judge, and you will not be judged."
I judge, and in return expect to be judged. You judge, but in return do not expect to me judged.

Skybreaker
i say nothing to the other user because he is not as aggressive as you when he is debating,

Correct. He makes insults in a passive-aggressive, evasive manner, which many seem to think is better.

Yes, I understand this is practically unwise. I disagree with your insinuation that this is somehow a bad thing on principle, as though being an "aggressive" debater were somehow less moral than being a passive-aggressive one. If you do not mean to suggest this, then we have nothing to disagree over.

Skybreaker
The irony is great. Please read the text I quoted from the Holy Bible. "Do not judge, and you will not be judged."
I judge, and in return expect to be judged. You judge, but in return do not expect to me judged.

I've no problem with you "judging" me. But you run away from actually logically defending your judgments, given that every time I point out the hypocrisies and flaws in your argument, you just run away and quote a vague bible verse.

And here's another hypocrisy for you to evade and ignore: if it's OK to judge someone so long as you're willing to be judged, why the f*ck did you report me for judging someone? laughing

DarthAnt66
I've no problem with you "judging" me. But you run away from actually logically defending your judgments, given that every time I point out the hypocrisies and flaws in your argument, you just run away and quote a vague bible verse.

And here's another hypocrisy for you to evade and ignore: if it's OK to judge someone so long as you're willing to be judged, why the f*ck did you report me for judging someone? laughing
Excuse yourself, but you called it out twice (even though they are both invalid), and I put a Bible verse (the power of the Bible is greater then any word), once. So...?

There is a difference between harassment and judgment. Learn the difference. Thank you! big grin

Fated Xtasy
Yes, I understand this is practically unwise. I disagree with your insinuation that this is somehow a bad thing on principle, as though being an "aggressive" debater were somehow less moral than being a passive-aggressive one.

Not in debating, i mean the insults could be troublesome friend, as some would take it to heart and call a moderator and get you banned. You're a decent guy i imagine, but the overly-aggressive insults will get you in trouble.

Now, could i ask that we please drop this subject, shake hands(via the internet), and refrain from allowing this "derailing" of the thread to continue. I would great appreciate that and I am sure the Original poster would also be thankful.

Apologies to you jmanghan.

Skybreaker
Excuse yourself, but you called it out twice (even though they are both invalid), and I put a Bible verse (the power of the Bible is greater then any word), once. So...?

You claim that they are "invalid", yet you never actually defend your argument. You judge, but fail to actually substantiate your judgment. This whole time you've been trying to play vague mystic cryptic keepaway.

Yet again you decide to vaguely make a point without bothering to substantiate it. I was engaging SW_legend in a debate regarding the subject matter he willingly engaged in, and then criticized his debating style. You jump into arguments you have no role in and decide to throw weird bible verses at me. Please tell me the former is "harassment", and the latter is "judgment".

DarthAnt66
Everyone knows they are invalid, why waist my time when you can simply go to a old topic of mine and read for yourself.

Your hostility to ILS is the reason I reported you.

NewGuy01
Nah.

Do not judge, and you will still be judged.

So not condemn, and you will regardless be condemned.

Do not lie, and you will still be lied to.

Skybreaker
Everyone knows they are invalid,

LOL, what a way to avoid a real argument.

No, that was in regards to SW_legend. But in either case, you obviously never bothered to look at context before you put your foot in the door.

The fact of the matter is, you've hurled your own share of sinister insults throughout this whole clusterf*ck, the difference is that you've made them with an air of self righteousness, masked in passive-aggressive language, and this somehow makes it more acceptable.

BTW, your Bible tells us that we should kill homosexuals and stone to death women who aren't virgins when they marry. I'm just pointing that out for you, since you refused to respect my religious conscience.

Nargaroth
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Nah.

Do not judge, and you will still be judged.

So not condemn, and you will regardless be condemned.

Do not lie, and you will still be lied to.

Unfortunately. sad

DarthAnt66
LOL, what a way to avoid a real argument.

No, that was in regards to SW_legend. But in either case, you obviously never bothered to look at context before you put your foot in the door.

The fact of the matter is, you've hurled your own share of sinister insults throughout this whole clusterf*ck, the difference is that you've made them with an air of self righteousness, masked in passive-aggressive language, and this somehow makes it more acceptable.

BTW, your Bible tells us that we should kill homosexuals and stone to death women who aren't virgins when they marry. I'm just pointing that out for you, since you refused to respect my religious conscience.
Making you do work for yourself can be rewarding for both of us.

Oh, I believe you are mistaken. I reported you in 7 different posts among the past several days. The chance you will not get banned/warned is like 0.
It is sad to see people view the truth as insulting. Wouldn't the greatest insult be not telling the truth?
Yes, times have changed. Note that the Bible was written for a culture and a time different from ours today.

Nephthys
Urgh. Everyone chill the **** out. >:[

Ant stop being such a tool.

Fated Xtasy
Urgh. Everyone chill the **** out. >:

thumb up thumb up thumb up

DarthAnt66
Ant stop being such a tool.
Never, this is amusing me.

Nargaroth
Never, this is amusing me.

So you've been trolling, basically.

Skybreaker
Making you do work for yourself can be rewarding for both of us.

This is an insult. But it's OK because you phrase it weirdly. It also shifts burden of proof. But it's OK because you never were interested in legitimate debate in the first place.

Wow, talk about having no life. laughing

THEN WHY THE F*CK DID YOU REPORT ME FOR MAKING ACCURATE STATEMENTS ABOUT SOMEONE'S POOR DEBATING STYLE?

laughing Religious zealots are always the funnest to observe.

Then why do you still quote it, if it contains verses about massacring children?

ILS
Huh, as a community you guys can really keep a lid on things when it gets too heated up.

I think it's fair for me to admit that I was being a smartass today, although I still think Skybreaker went over the top, and I think he continues going over the top when he unrelentingly badgers people to address his argument point for point and stick to the "subject matter". Fact is I simply cannot be bothered talking to you if you're going to sit and insult me, I have better things to do with my time. I'm not going to get upset over it, it's just pointless to sling insults over the web no matter how much we all end up doing it from time to time.

Can we all just call a truce on this one? At the end of the day the stuff we're fighting over is ridiculously unimportant in the grand scheme of life.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Nargaroth
So you've been trolling, basically.

no shit

hes not even subtle

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by ILS
Can we all just call a truce on this one? At the end of the day the stuff we're fighting over is ridiculously unimportant in the grand scheme of life.
http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m161dvVeAQ1r4ghkoo1_500.gif

ILS
I honestly can't work out what you meant by that gif confused

DarthAnt66
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=119157

ILS
You think I'm that guy?

DarthAnt66
No, that's Skybreaker. (he's a sock). He will be gone by tomorrow.

ILS
Ah.

Jmanghan
KMC changes their opinions alot, people used to class him as pretty weak if I remember correctly. Granted, that was... a year ago, but STILL.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Jmanghan
KMC changes their opinions alot, people used to class him as pretty weak if I remember correctly. Granted, that was... a year ago, but STILL.

Strangely enough, I've encountered vs threads ranging from Jaden Vs Windu, to Jaden Vs Kyp Durron. There were a few people that actually tried to do Jaden justice, but they usually got shot down fairly quick. Plus, they never bothered to make a respect thread for him wink

Jmanghan
Urgh. Everyone chill the **** out. >:

I'm going to go up to your doorstep and sing Taylor Swift songs to you.

Nephthys
No, that's Skybreaker. (he's a sock). He will be gone by tomorrow.

You dick. erm

DarthAnt66
You dick. erm
He shouldn't have got banned in the first place.

FreshestSlice
I think it's amusing. Even if it isn't real, the anger is still delicious.

Skybreaker
The self of hypocritical self righteous arrogance/ narcissism I've seen in DarthAnt is quite disturbing, it's like he doesn't even realize how he massively contradicts himself every time he opens his mouth with his overbearing preaching about his nonexistent, genocidal deity.

DarthAnt66
/watch?v=RbtPXFlZlHg

Jmanghan
Not to be mean, I swear I'm not trying to hurt feelings, but... I can't really see what he said wrong, I mean, yeah, he's trolling, but we all do that from time-to-time on this site, guys.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.