Avengers: Infinity War

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Inhuman
http://cdnmo.coveritlive.com/media/image/201410/php6uqco7a3logopost.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/PbztADY.jpeg

marwash22
thirst

Robtard
Thanos is going to get his ass kicked at one point, calling it now.

Phase 3 films:

Captain America 3: Civil War on May 6th, 2016
Doctor Strange on November 4th, 2016
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 on May 5th, 2017
Thor 3: Ragnarok on July 28th, 2017
Black Panther on November 3rd, 2017
Captain Marvel on July 6th, 2018
Inhumans on November 2nd, 2018
Avengers: Infinity War Part One in May 2018
Avengers: Infinity War Part Two in May 2019

Firefly218
Originally posted by Robtard
Thanos is going to get his ass kicked at one point, calling it now.

Phase 3 films:

Captain America 3: Civil War on May 6th, 2016
Doctor Strange on November 4th, 2016
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 on May 5th, 2017
Thor 3: Ragnarok on July 28th, 2017
Black Panther on November 3rd, 2017
Captain Marvel on July 6th, 2018
Inhumans on November 2nd, 2018
Avengers: Infinity War Part One in May 2018
Avengers: Infinity War Part Two in May 2019

Awesome slate

Quincy
They are just copying DC now

awepedo

Time Immemorial
http://bitcast-a-sm.bitgravity.com/slashfilm/wp/wp-content/images/Avengers-Infinity-War-Logo-Officia-550x220.jpg

X8lUCbRi6QQ#t=647
Min 10:50 for preview.

Time Immemorial
http://bitcast-a-sm.bitgravity.com/slashfilm/wp/wp-content/images/Infinity-Gauntlet-550x308.jpg

Lestov16
PHUCK AND YES!!!!

Quincy
you're not even trying http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f2/t603619.html

Impediment
Merged.

Shabazz916
first movie.. thanos should whoop emm get all the gems them to be continued

second movie avengers plan to stop him... thanos whoop there ass... and incomes someone powerful to help and they barely beat thanos

Inhuman
I think it would be fitting for part 1 to end when Thanos snaps his fingers, and kills half the people in the universe.

WhiteWitchKing
Adam Warlock to the rescue!

Shabazz916
Originally posted by Inhuman
I think it would be fitting for part 1 to end when Thanos snaps his fingers, and kills half the people in the universe.

true thanos needs to be powerful im tried of seeing these even battles

ares834

thumb up

That would be perfect.

Lestov16
Do you think we'll get Living Tribunal? That would be epic.

Based

Yeah, it's time for MCU villains to actually do something. Thanos can't be a wuss like everyone else.

Shabazz916
Originally posted by Based
Yeah, it's time for MCU villains to actually do something. Thanos can't be a wuss like everyone else. i know we need ultron and thanos to tear into the avengers!!!!!!!!!!

Time Immemorial
How the hell is he gonna get all the gems when he has none of them atm?

Inhuman
Originally posted by Time Immemorial

Pretty sure they will show him acquiring the gems like kinda a mini thanos quest thing either in small bits in phase 3 movies like GOTG2, or Thor3 and show him acquiring the full gauntlet in infinity war part 1.
Maybe they will leave the last gem to be the one he gets on earth. And thats why he comes to earth etc.

Time Immemorial
I hope he kills everyone when he has the gauntlet. If he does not and some how he is thwarted by Captain America, I will disown marvel forever.

Mindset
Originally posted by Lestov16
Do you think we'll get Living Tribunal? That would be epic. No.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Mindset
No.

Ur a big debbie downer.

WhiteWitchKing

He's Thanos. He's a planner and the big bad. I don't think they'll disappoint on his characterization. He'll surprise and wreck everyone to get the gems. He still has his armies in place to secure the gems if he doesn't go out and get it himself.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
He's Thanos. He's a planner and the big bad. I don't think they'll disappoint on his characterization. He'll surprise and wreck everyone to get the gems. He still has his armies in place to secure the gems if he doesn't go out and get it himself.

I'd like to see use his muscle without the gems as he has been called the most powerful person in the universe..

Impediment
I want to see, at the very least, the Watcher standing in the background. However, we all know that it won;t happen.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Impediment
I want to see, at the very least, the Watcher standing in the background. However, we all know that it won;t happen.

Uatu is a wuss...

I just wish Guy were here to see this sad sad

super pr*xy
where is ant-man in all of this?

Quincy

I figured the Collector is working for him....

Robtard

iirc, we see the gauntlet with all the gems in Odin's room of wonders in Thor. The Destroyer was guarding it, along with all the other goodies.

Impediment
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I just wish Guy were here to see this sad sad

Guy's gonna be watching this with us, Mark. He's always here with us in spirit.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Lestov16
Do you think we'll get Living Tribunal? That would be epic.

its possible but im thinking n GOTG 3 or 4

Originally posted by super pr*xy
where is ant-man in all of this?

dead and buried.. big grin

i agree

Time Immemorial
iirc, we see the gauntlet with all the gems in Odin's room of wonders in Thor. The Destroyer was guarding it, along with all the other goodies.

Thought that was just a prop piece.

Robtard
Thought that was just a prop piece.

I don't think Odin would be storing useless junk in his vault of wonders.

marwash22
Odin is useless himself, so i don't see why not.

Quincy
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH LOKI'DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

ares834

Retconned.

WhiteWitchKing
Proof that Loki's staff is the Mind Gem.

Infinity War trailer at Marvel Conference:

Uv2NRpG76Pg

marwash22
i thought the fact that he controlled people's minds was proof, but okay.

sureshpulihora
It is gonna rock all over the world man and it will be the best in visual and i am eagerly waiting to watch..!!

Robtard
So if Loki had one of the IGs, why did he suck so much unwashed ass in Avengers?

Inhuman
No one has really tapped into or know how to fully tap into the gems so far. Thanos may be the first to tap into the gems fully.
Everyone else doing experiments or fuqing around with the gems have only maybe tapped into a small portion of their power.

jinXed by JaNx
So if Loki had one of the IGs, why did he suck so much unwashed ass in Avengers?

Loki was an awful choice of a villain to bring the Avengers together but the gem is what allowed him to brainwash people, right?

Robtard
Yes, he'd touch someone's skin with the staff (powered by the gem) and they'd become his thralls.

80sBaby

Because the staff wasn't originally intended to be an Infinity Stone would be my guess.

Firefly218
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Loki was an awful choice of a villain to bring the Avengers together but the gem is what allowed him to brainwash people, right?

And just who would've been a better choice? Loki brought Thor to Earth, Dr. Banner and Iron Man to SHIELD and Cap back in action seamlessly.

WhiteWitchKing

Maybe it's one of those cases where Loki didn't tape into the gems powers properly. This happens a lot in the comics with the gems. Baron Strucker said it at the end of Winter Soldier that the people who had the staff didn't know what kind of power they had in their possession.

It seems like the mind gem can alter or give certain humans powers as Miracles. They tested a bunch of humans, who Strucker noted died, and only the twins survived. People are guessing the two could be inhumans mindcontrolled by Strucker, but I think that they're going to be another set of super humans (mutants/miracles). The way they're leaning it opens up a future story line where the gem(s) could unlock the populations hidden X gene and create mutants if Marvel gets the rights back for X-Men.

Originally posted by Firefly218
And just who would've been a better choice? Loki brought Thor to Earth, Dr. Banner and Iron Man to SHIELD and Cap back in action seamlessly.

None except Loki. He's the only charismatic and memorable villain to pull this off. It also works because he was the one to do it in the comics, and this satisfied fans as well.

Robtard
So they're actually going with "miracles" to explain away SW and QS's powers since they can't use "mutant". ****ing lame covered in lamesauce.

Quincy
I hear they are going to be retconned to "Inhumans"

Which will also come into play in the comics, so they can wipe out the term mutants in general and more closely resemble the Cinematic Universe.

marwash22
So they're actually going with "miracles" to explain away SW and QS's powers since they can't use "mutant". ****ing lame covered in lamesauce. calm your t!ts, rob.

yeah, it's kinda lame, but they have no choice.

what would you suggest instead of "miracles"?

WhiteWitchKing
So they're actually going with "miracles" to explain away SW and QS's powers since they can't use "mutant". ****ing lame covered in lamesauce.

Yes, it makes sense since Strucker viewed it as a miracle these two survived after a bunch of others died after experiments with the staff.

DARTH POWER

None except Loki. He's the only charismatic and memorable villain to pull this off. It also works because he was the one to do it in the comics, and this satisfied fans as well.

thumb up

Robtard
Originally posted by marwash22
calm your t!ts, rob.

yeah, it's kinda lame, but they have no choice.

what would you suggest instead of "miracles"?

I shall not calm them one bit, mouth!

There are always choices.

Words that don't sound as lame as "miracles" and are not the word "mutant":

Deviations
Anomalies
Subjects
Abnormals
Exceptions
Prototypes
Uniques (not an actual word, bit it can work here)

WhiteWitchKing
I shall not calm them one bit, mouth!

There are always choices.

Words that don't sound as lame as "miracles" and are not the word "mutant":

Deviations
Anomalies
Subjects
Abnormals
Exceptions
Prototypes
Uniques (not an actual word, bit it can work here)

Yes, but none of that would have sounded as good when Strucker delivered his lines.

"It's not a world of spies anymore, not even a world of heroes. This is the age of miracles, doctor. There is nothing more horrifying than a miracle!" - Strucker

Robtard
It's lame; you know it. Mouth knows it. Even Marvel knows it.

WhiteWitchKing
It's lame; you know it. Mouth knows it. Even Marvel knows it.

I kinda see your point but at least they kept it close to the word mutants. I doubt people are going to be running around saying kill the miracles! That would just sound weird. We'll have to see if they use another term in it's place later on. But for now, it worked for that spoiler clip.

DARTH POWER
Could have just made them Inhumans. Seen as the Inhumans basically will be the Mutants of the MCU.

Dramatic Gecko
I am so happy with Marvel right now.

ares834
Loki's scepter having the mind gem is pretty stupid. I mean, why would Thanos entrust something so important to an underling? But minor complaint really.

Mindset
Originally posted by ares834
Loki's scepter having the mind gem is pretty stupid. I mean, why would Thanos entrust something so important to an underling? But minor complaint really. Maybe because he thought he could get it back whenever he wanted.

Mind gem is powerful, but it's no reality gem, especially in the hands of someone that doesn't know how to use it.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by ares834
Loki's scepter having the mind gem is pretty stupid. I mean, why would Thanos entrust something so important to an underling? But minor complaint really.

Thats like wondering why Thanos keeps trusting others to get the job done, when he could just do it himself, but Marvel needs to save him for the gauntlet.

ares834
Not at all. Thanos needs underlings to do his heavy lifting as he keeps his chair warm.

But in all seriousness, seems to be a needless risk to get the space gem.

WhiteWitchKing
It's not really a big risk. He's Thanos. They want him as badass and grand as possible in his schemes. A Thanos that isn't afraid to lend out a gem in order to gain another is how a cunning and fearless Thanos should be. It won't look stupid when Thanos tricks everyone and takes the gems from them like he did in Thanos Quest.

Firefly218
Thanos could prob just hop on earth and steal the f uckin gem back whenever he damn pleases

DARTH POWER
Btw where is that gem now? The one Loki had?

Firefly218
Originally posted by DARTH POWER

Baron Von Strucker has it in his Hydra lab

DARTH POWER
Baron Von Strucker has it in his Hydra lab

Ah yes.

BruceSkywalker

Quan has it big grin

jinXed by JaNx

Someone that requires an actual team to defeat? I don't know, that's just where i would start. Look, i'm not bashing this franchise. The risks they took have obviously paid off but this "avengers" gamble could have easily turned into another, X-3, Superman Returns, Amazing spiderman 3..,etc. The lynch-pin has and always will be, Iron man/Jon favereau-RDJ. I know this was always intended to be a never ending business franchise. As much as i welcome that, however, i yearn to see a more condensed and finite story. Considering this, Loki would be one of the weakest characters to bring the Avengers together, atleast in the way that transpired.

I don't want to seem like im complaining though because the kid in me is alive and well. I love what we've been given, but the same person that brings me to an internet forum dedicated to picking movies apart, leaves me ridiculing every aspect of each film. The aspect that be critisized the most, is the weakness of the villain that causes the assembly of the Avengers.

DARTH POWER
^ Well I personally think it was smart of them not to bring in the biggest baddest invincible villain right from the first movie. Because then the sequels will just seem like they're downgraded in comparison.

I want the sequels to get bigger and better with each one.

The fact that they made the First one as great as it was without bringing in -say Thanos- right away, has also helped the franchise tremendously, because they've not even used any of their Trump cards yet.

Plus having Loki be the one to bring the team together was a nice nod to the comics.

Just my opinion anyway.

jinXed by JaNx
^ Well I personally think it was smart of them not to bring in the biggest baddest invincible villain right from the first movie. Because then the sequels will just seem like they're downgraded in comparison.

I want the sequels to get bigger and better with each one.

The fact that they made the First one as great as it was without bringing in -say Thanos- right away, has also helped the franchise tremendously, because they've not even used any of their Trump cards yet.

Plus having Loki be the one to bring the team together was a nice nod to the comics.

Just my opinion anyway.

Yeah, you're right, man and i dont want to seem like i'm trying to nit-pick this franchise apart. Obviously, the typed word can only capture a slight amount of one's sarcasm. I have nothing but hope for these future movies..,atleast, the majority of the films involved in, "phase 3". It's obvious that the gambles this studio took on it's writers, directors and producers has paid off. I just hope we are spared filler movies and production t.v shows. When you have something like Iron Man and you waste TWO movies doing nothing, i get concerned. When i say, "concerned" i mean, concerned as a consumer. I'm a comics fan through and through but just like the comics have taught me. One has to be very wise in the story arch and run they invest in. Iron man 3 made that amount of money on name alone. I didint want to see a name like that fall into the same category of Xmen and Spiderman, but it has.

Mindset
Shut up, jinxed, before I send you to the shadow realm.

steverules_2
So Loki did have an infinity gem, interesting

DARTH POWER
Yeah, you're right, man and i dont want to seem like i'm trying to nit-pick this franchise apart. Obviously, the typed word can only capture a slight amount of one's sarcasm. I have nothing but hope for these future movies..,atleast, the majority of the films involved in, "phase 3". It's obvious that the gambles this studio took on it's writers, directors and producers has paid off. I just hope we are spared filler movies and production t.v shows. When you have something like Iron Man and you waste TWO movies doing nothing, i get concerned. When i say, "concerned" i mean, concerned as a consumer. I'm a comics fan through and through but just like the comics have taught me. One has to be very wise in the story arch and run they invest in. Iron man 3 made that amount of money on name alone. I didint want to see a name like that fall into the same category of Xmen and Spiderman, but it has.

Oh yeah I completely agree with what you've said on Iron Man. The first IM was just so awesome and was such a great film to kick off the whole MCU. But the sequels both sucked.

IM clearly has just become a name that will make money no matter the quality and they can get away with that as long as the character stays popular which he will as long as he stays as the most loved character in the Avengers franchise. But I'm sure if not for Avengers, the IM franchise popularity would be going down right now, not up.

Shabazz916
Oh yeah I completely agree with what you've said on Iron Man. The first IM was just so awesome and was such a great film to kick off the whole MCU. But the sequels both sucked.

IM clearly has just become a name that will make money no matter the quality and they can get away with that as long as the character stays popular which he will as long as he stays as the most loved character in the Avengers franchise. But I'm sure if not for Avengers, the IM franchise popularity would be going down right now, not up.

yeah they stopped progressing iron man... he has stayd the same.. no real ground breaking armor adds... no real feats

Firefly218

That's simply not true for lots of people. A majority of moviegoers gave IM3 positive reviews. I even remember some people claiming IM3 was funnier than Avengers a year ago.

Relative to most action/adventure/tech movies that come out, the Iron Man trilogy has been above average to great. IMO, the complaints are incredibly overrated.

Also, IM3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Spiderman 3

BruceSkywalker
LOKI..LOKI..LOKI...LOKI....LOKI...

Digital Spy or rather Kevin Feige confirms Loki is in this..

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a607266/loki-to-appear-in-thor-ragnarok-and-both-parts-of-avengers-infinity-war.html#~oUqXPVscPQA8SA

WhiteWitchKing
Someone that requires an actual team to defeat? I don't know, that's just where i would start. Look, i'm not bashing this franchise. The risks they took have obviously paid off but this "avengers" gamble could have easily turned into another, X-3, Superman Returns, Amazing spiderman 3..,etc. The lynch-pin has and always will be, Iron man/Jon favereau-RDJ. I know this was always intended to be a never ending business franchise. As much as i welcome that, however, i yearn to see a more condensed and finite story. Considering this, Loki would be one of the weakest characters to bring the Avengers together, atleast in the way that transpired.

I don't want to seem like im complaining though because the kid in me is alive and well. I love what we've been given, but the same person that brings me to an internet forum dedicated to picking movies apart, leaves me ridiculing every aspect of each film. The aspect that be critisized the most, is the weakness of the villain that causes the assembly of the Avengers.

They downgraded Loki in this. It's not like comic book Loki isn't a team buster. Aside from Thor, who Loki could trick, the rest of the team shouldn't be much of a problem had they wanted Loki to be a team buster like he is in the books. Even movie Loki could have fooled Iron Man into attacking Captain America by making Cap look like Loki through illusions. He could have done the same and turned the Avengers against one other just by trickery alone, but they couldn't have him do that. He'd probably kill off most of the Avenger,s leaving only Hulk and Thor to defeat him. Then they couldn't do a Iron Man 3.

They rushed production of IM2. They should have built up his alcoholism story better, especially when they had Downey, so we could see his fall before Fury gives him tapes of Howard that would begin his rise. It would have made the arguments with War Machine convincing. That whole Nascar bit was unnecessary, they could have introduced Whiplash in a different way. IM3 was Marvel chickening out on the Mandarin and giving Shane Black too much free reign. Also there was too much over the top forced humor. Thing is Marvel did that One Shot with Kingsley.

Hopefully they've learned that too much humor isn't a good thing and that they should trifle with certain character's origins and should just go all in.

Based
That's simply not true for lots of people. A majority of moviegoers gave IM3 positive reviews. I even remember some people claiming IM3 was funnier than Avengers a year ago.

Relative to most action/adventure/tech movies that come out, the Iron Man trilogy has been above average to great. IMO, the complaints are incredibly overrated.

A majority doesn't mean much, statistically MoS is on par with both Iron Man sequels. And that's with, imo, a bias boost that the MCU gives out. Now I'd like to think of all three films a success with quite obvious flaws except that only Marvel get the success while Supes gets the shit end of the stick.

If you think the IM sequels have overrated complaints then you pretty much have to acknowledge the same for MoS.

Inhuman
LOKI..LOKI..LOKI...LOKI....LOKI...

Digital Spy or rather Kevin Feige confirms Loki is in this..

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a607266/loki-to-appear-in-thor-ragnarok-and-both-parts-of-avengers-infinity-war.html#~oUqXPVscPQA8SA

Called it. I wish i could find where i posted a long time ago that Loki will take the place of Mephisto in the MCU in an infinity gauntlet arc.
While it doesn't state this I think this will be the case.

WhiteWitchKing
Called it. I wish i could find where i posted a long time ago that Loki will take the place of Mephisto in the MCU in an infinity gauntlet arc.
While it doesn't state this I think this will be the case.

That be awesome. My guess is Thanos brings back Ronan and tortures him the way he tortured Nebula in the IG comics.

Inhuman
That be awesome. My guess is Thanos brings back Ronan and tortures him the way he tortured Nebula in the IG comics.

Also since nebula escaped in GOTG, im sure we will see her again.
Maybe she does play the same role as she did in the comics.....

DARTH POWER

Also, IM3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Spiderman 3

Nah IM3 sucked balls. People just give it a free pass because it's Marvel and because it's RDJ's IM. That doesn't mean they loved it. In fact I've already told you how it undersold on Dvd and Blu-Ray compared to the gigantic box office it brought in.

LOL I'm sure people did think it was "funnier" than Avengers. But comparing it to Avengers in any other way would be stupid.

Yes it was better than SM3. I'll give it that much. But honestly like SM3 I find it torture to watch again. Like SM3 it's a movie that didn't take itself seriously at all. It's better than SM3 but the fact that it's even a comparison says it all.

They rushed production of IM2. They should have built up his alcoholism story better, especially when they had Downey, so we could see his fall before Fury gives him tapes of Howard that would begin his rise. It would have made the arguments with War Machine convincing. That whole Nascar bit was unnecessary, they could have introduced Whiplash in a different way. IM3 was Marvel chickening out on the Mandarin and giving Shane Black too much free reign. Also there was too much over the top forced humor. Thing is Marvel did that One Shot with Kingsley.

Hopefully they've learned that too much humor isn't a good thing and that they should trifle with certain character's origins and should just go all in.

Oh yeah I'll still be the first person there on OW for IM4, just hoping they can find that magic again from IM1.

But tbh I don't see the difficulty in just making a "good" sequel for IM. If it's not as magical as IM1 it should at least be good, and I'm really surprised they've failed to do even that for IM2 and IM3.

I'm sure they won't screw it up again.

Firefly218
A majority doesn't mean much, statistically MoS is on par with both Iron Man sequels. And that's with, imo, a bias boost that the MCU gives out. Now I'd like to think of all three films a success with quite obvious flaws except that only Marvel get the success while Supes gets the shit end of the stick.

If you think the IM sequels have overrated complaints then you pretty much have to acknowledge the same for MoS.

No I don't. Some things work for some people and not others. Even though I hated MoS, I acknowledge there's some people who really liked it. BTW, on most review sites MoS has mixed reviews. IM3, on the other hand, has mostly positive reviews. Most people somewhat enjoyed IM3, the minority that didn't absolutely hate it.

Quincy
The real problems with with Man of Steel were alot of editing and pacing problems.

DARTH POWER
Most review sites give everything Marvel studios a free pass though to be honest.

I mean if WB/DC pulled an IM3 type stunt, the critics would never stop bashing it.

That being said IM2 and IM3 tended to be films that you either didn't like or you liked them. Whilst MOS was a film you either hated it or loved it.

So whilst MOS gets more hate, it also gets more love.

I personally loved it but admit the dialogue was a bit cheesy and needed work. It also needed a bit of pacing or separation in the middle of the non-stop action at the end.

But honestly correcting those problems for me would have taken it from being an Awesome movie to a truly Great movie.

Firefly218
Not really. Marvel movies are critiqued at the same standard as all films, hence Thor 2 getting all those average reviews.

IM3 has been pervasively bashed for pulling that switcheroo stunt. It's been a year and internet people are STILL bashing IM3 for "not staying faithful". Sure, the switch was weird and killed dramatic momentum, but the movie was still very well-made. That's the reason a majority of moviegoers look back on IM3 positively, because RDJ's awesomeness, well-written dialogue, cool action scenes and great character chemistry made up for the weak villain/plot.

I've already said everything I need to about MoS...

wakkawakkawakka
I wouldn't say the same standards, none of their films have been below the 60's though that could be for a few reasons.

I would be able to see the good in IM3 if it didn't fall apart during the middle. Also the Tony dealing with internal struggles had been done twice before so seeing it again felt kind of repetitive. Then there was the Pepper pandering scene & the non-funny joke of IM's suit falling apart that just kept going. Yet despite all of that, IM3 has high rating from critics.

As for the Infinity War: wonder if Disney/Marvel is going to have Thanos stomp pretty much everyone.

Mindset
MoS was terrible.

Never mention that garbage again.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Mindset
MoS was terrible.

Never mention that garbage again.

Better then Thor and Hulk movies laughing

Firefly218
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
I wouldn't say the same standards, none of their films have been below the 60's though that could be for a few reasons.

I would be able to see the good in IM3 if it didn't fall apart during the middle. Also the Tony dealing with internal struggles had been done twice before so seeing it again felt kind of repetitive. Then there was the Pepper pandering scene & the non-funny joke of IM's suit falling apart that just kept going. Yet despite all of that, IM3 has high rating from critics.

As for the Infinity War: wonder if Disney/Marvel is going to have Thanos stomp pretty much everyone.

Marvel movies are above 60s because they maintain a certain level of quality.

IM3 still got a relatively high critic score, despite its problems, for all the reasons I just mentioned.

Not even

Firefly218

DARTH POWER
Marvel movies are above 60s because they maintain a certain level of quality.

IM3 still got a relatively high critic score, despite its problems, for all the reasons I just mentioned.

If IM3 and Thor 2 were really that good and MOS really that bad then surely they both would have sold more Dvd and Blu-Ray's. But alas MOS sold better than both, hence your theory not quite working out.

Critics(and many movie fans) clearly do give Marvel a free pass, even when they produce bad stuff. As do you.

Now its a status they've earned the right to through many Great movies. So it is what it is. But no point in denying the automatic bias there is now towards Marvel due to its well earned brand name.

Firefly218
I've already debunked that argument. This debate clearly will NEVER end... lets just agree to disagree.

DARTH POWER
I've already debunked that argument.

Not really.

This debate clearly will NEVER end... lets just agree to disagree.

Yep it's pointless. You'll keep saying IM3 was good, MOS sucked. I'll keep saying MOS was good, IM3 sucked.

It's a never ending circle.

Bentley
MoS can suck and still sell well. We can do a very long list of shitty movies that got great sales thumb up

Eh, I'd argue that Thor 2 wasn't abysmally bad and Iron Man 3 was watchable. To say they were great or even good is probably exaggeration, comicmovies are rarely great.

Quincy

Dude I'll give it to you for Hulk but it's not at all better than the first Thor flick

Inhuman
imo the only problem with Thor 2 was the human element (jane,darcy and pals). Everything else was pretty good.
If they took away those elements and added more Thor, Asgard, Malakeith backstory etc. It would have been a much better movie.

Mindset
imo the only problem with Thor 2 was the human element (jane,darcy and pals). Everything else was pretty good.
If they took away those elements and added more Thor, Asgard, Malakeith backstory etc. It would have been a much better movie. thumb up

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Bentley
MoS can suck and still sell well. We can do a very long list of shitty movies that got great sales thumb up

Yeah but you have to put it in perspective. It sold better than IM3 despite twice as many people watching IM3 in theatres. Superman Returns also did not sell well on DVD, and didn't even draw in much of an audience in theatres. So that's perspective for you.

Besides it's just a more objective measurement than me and Firefly sitting around all day saying IM3 sucked and MOS rocked, NO, MOS sucked and IM3 Rocked.

If they took away those elements and added more Thor, Asgard, Malakeith backstory etc. It would have been a much better movie.

It was that, plus Malekith wasn't really intimidating/bad ass enough. And the action sequences were nothing special either.

They didn't really put much effort into making that movie come out epic Imo. Not like with Cap2 where the Russo brothers clearly put in every effort to make that an epic sequel.

Hopefully with Thor 3 they're going to go all out.

Bentley
The battle against Malekith was memorable but he was a throwaway villain.

Zack Fair
iron Man 3 was garbage.

Firefly218
Yeah but you have to put it in perspective. It sold better than IM3 despite twice as many people watching IM3 in theatres. Superman Returns also did not sell well on DVD, and didn't even draw in much of an audience in theatres. So that's perspective for you.

Besides it's just a more objective measurement than me and Firefly sitting around all day saying IM3 sucked and MOS rocked, NO, MOS sucked and IM3 Rocked.

It was that, plus Malekith wasn't really intimidating/bad ass enough. And the action sequences were nothing special either.

They didn't really put much effort into making that movie come out epic Imo. Not like with Cap2 where the Russo brothers clearly put in every effort to make that an epic sequel.

Hopefully with Thor 3 they're going to go all out.

No matter what you say, money is not an objective measurement of audience approval. Maybe MoS made more than IM3 in DVD sales because everyone already saw IM3 in theaters. See, NOT OBJECTIVE.

DARTH POWER
No matter what you say, money is not an objective measurement of audience approval. Maybe MoS made more than IM3 in DVD sales because everyone already saw IM3 in theaters. See, NOT OBJECTIVE.

In that case Superman Returns would have sold much better than MOS on Dvd, but it didn't. If it's just about seeing it, they'll rent the film. People tend to buy movies they like.

We can argue who liked which better all day, but the only Objective figures are IM3 taking in twice as much at Theatres. Whilst MOS selling better on Dvd and Blu-Ray despite the fact that only half as many people saw that compared to IM3 in theatres.

Comparing against Thor 2 however and MOS had it beat at both the Box Office and on Dvd sales.

Even though I'd personally say Thor2 is at least a watchable movie. Whereas IM3 is torture to even watch.

Firefly218
In that case Superman Returns would have sold much better than MOS on Dvd, but it didn't. If it's just about seeing it, they'll rent the film.

HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS??? You don't. It's your interpretation of the data. Subjective, not objective.

You're looking at the DVD sales and interpreting SUBJECTIVELY that they indicate audience approval for MoS. That's your opinion.

DARTH POWER
Q UOTE=14951871]Originally posted by Firefly218
HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS??? You don't. It's your interpretation of the data. Subjective, not objective.

You're looking at the DVD sales and interpreting SUBJECTIVELY that they indicate audience approval for MoS. That's your opinion.

Whatever. I'm sure people bought the film, thought it was shit then threw it in the bin.

With IM3 less people bought because they'd already seen it 1000 times in theatres. Funny though how that never stopped people buying The Avengers.

Face it kid, big box office movies which people love tend to sell amazingly well on Dvd. GOTG will sell well on Dvd. Why? Because people actually enjoyed and loved it. Same with CA2 and DOFP. TASM2 though? You know that won't sell as well as CA2 on Dvd, even though they grossed pretty much the same at the box office.

Based

You don't need to look at fvcking DVD sales. The metrics are right there to show that just because Marvel and Batman fanatics have to nitpick the movie, it was just as enjoyable as every origin movie not named Iron Man.

Firefly218
Q UOTE=14951871]Originally posted by Firefly218

Whatever. I'm sure people bought the film, thought it was shit then threw it in the bin.

With IM3 less people bought because they'd already seen it 1000 times in theatres. Funny though how that never stopped people buying The Avengers.

Face it kid, big box office movies which people love tend to sell amazingly well on Dvd. GOTG will sell well on Dvd. Why? Because people actually enjoyed and loved it. Same with CA2 and DOFP. TASM2 though? You know that won't sell as well as CA2 on Dvd, even though they grossed pretty much the same at the box office.

Alright man, whatever.

juggerman
IM3 was ass sauce

Time Immemorial
lol yup

Inhuman
The Russo Bros. Reportedly Close Deal To Direct AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Parts 1 & 2
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/markcassidycbm/news/?a=117086

marwash22
Originally posted by juggerman
IM3 was ass sauce nah. you're probably just mad about that Shyamalamamama twisty twist regarding Mandarin.

Inhuman
Originally posted by marwash22
nah. you're probably just mad about that Shyamalamamama twisty twist regarding Mandarin.

Hes right IM3 was bad, and it being bad imo had little to do with the madarin twist.

Impediment
Extremis was wasted in IM3. Warren Ellis' story was f*ckin' awesome.

Mindset
Extremis was wasted in IM3. Warren Ellis' story was f*ckin' awesome. Agreed.

Firefly218
Hes right IM3 was bad, and it being bad imo had little to do with the madarin twist.
The idea that it's bad is incredibly exaggerated

ares834

thumb up

Yep. Such a shame.

Dr Will Hatch
Iron Man III wasn't a bad movie, it just could have been a much BETTER movie had a little more imagination been employed. I enjoyed it for what it was.

Dr Will Hatch
Russo Brothers are a good choice, but I hope that Whedon at least gets to write the screenplay.

"Who the hell is Bucky?" just isn't as quotable as anything said in The Avengers.

BruceSkywalker
The Russo Bros. Reportedly Close Deal To Direct AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Parts 1 & 2
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/markcassidycbm/news/?a=117086

excellent choices... they'll do a kickass job

DARTH POWER
^ Yeah good news about The Russo's.

But the twist didn't exactly help the movie either.

quanchi112
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/04/20/avengers-infinity-war-screenwriters-on-handling-thanos

Prepare all ye doubters (aka Robtard, etc.) to ever question the big bad. You're going to be sorry.

BruceSkywalker
these films will friggin' rock and be awesome

CPT Space Bomb
Well, I certainly have a lot more faith with them being great since the Russos are in charge. TWS is perhaps Marvel's best movie, and so far critics are loving Civil War. SO,.....yah. Infinity Wars should be amazing.

StiltmanFTW

thumb up

Darth Thor
Couldn't find the Inhumans thread so posting here. Apparently it's off to release schedule. Was initially due right in between IW Parts 1 & 2:

http://collider.com/inhumans-movie-release-date-marvel/

Kazenji
I'm sure it'll still happen

but not at the moment when was it coming out initially around Indy 5.

quanchi112
Feige even admitted the date might get mucked around with.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by quanchi112
Feige even admitted the date might get mucked around with.

It's obvious Feige lacks faith in Marvel.
Marvel needs to get their act together. Happy Dance

HulkIsHulk
Yes. thumb up

quanchi112
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Marvel needs to get their act together. Happy Dance Nah, we both know this isn't true. I have complete faith in my marvel universe and Thanos as well.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Iron Man III wasn't a bad movie, it just could have been a much BETTER movie had a little more imagination been employed. I enjoyed it for what it was.
Agreed

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by quanchi112
Nah, we both know this isn't true. I have complete faith in my marvel universe and Thanos as well.

Marvel teamed up with Disney to make simple movies for the simple minded. Happy Dance

Darth Thor
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Agreed

^ If good for what it was means it was good as an Iron Man/comic book movie parody, then sure.

As a comic book movie itself though, it sucked.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ If good for what it was means it was good as an Iron Man/comic book movie parody, then sure.

As a comic book movie itself though, it sucked.
As he said i enjoyed it for what it was. Then again, I've seen several movies hundreds of times worse than IM3 in several languages, so I may be used to it

BruceSkywalker
Marvel needs to get their act together. Happy Dance

doin;t you mean Hack Snyder laughing laughing laughing laughing smile smile smile

jinXed by JaNx
So I've heard rumors that these movies will mark the cinematic end of the avengers as we know them and they're going to retcon the series

BruceSkywalker
So I've heard rumors that these movies will mark the cinematic end of the avengers as we know them and they're going to retcon the series

not sure about anything being retconned but yea Infinity War ends several contracts.

quanchi112
Marvel teamed up with Disney to make simple movies for the simple minded. Happy Dance I don't feel that way but feel free to hate on the biggest cinematic universe so far. I'm a marvel guy but keep on hating like Darth Thor.

Inhuman
Avengers might fight Thanos in space and beyond also Vision & Wanda have been holding back all this time.

"Earth's Mightiest Heroes May Go Beyond Cosmic In AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR"

In this new interview, the Russo brothers talk about how we have yet to see what Scarlet Witch and the Vision are truly capable of, and how Earth's Mightiest Heroes could possibly go beyond cosmic in Avengers: Infinity War.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/avengers/avengers_infinity_war/earths-mightiest-heroes-may-go-beyond-cosmic-in-a141349

Kazenji
They're (The Russo Brother's) are also planning to re-title these two movies

Darth Thor
Avengers might fight Thanos in space and beyond also Vision & Wanda have been holding back all this time.

"Earth's Mightiest Heroes May Go Beyond Cosmic In AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR"

In this new interview, the Russo brothers talk about how we have yet to see what Scarlet Witch and the Vision are truly capable of, and how Earth's Mightiest Heroes could possibly go beyond cosmic in Avengers: Infinity War.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/avengers/avengers_infinity_war/earths-mightiest-heroes-may-go-beyond-cosmic-in-a141349

I got the feeling Vision was holding back in CW.

CPT Space Bomb
Well, it's going to be good. Based off the end of Civil War I'm really interested to see where this goes.

quanchi112
Thanos here he comes. The ultimate villain is going to take on the ultimate combined cinematic universe. Those like Robtard who claimed Ronan was greater will be eating crow. Such ignorance won't go unpunished. I can't wait to hear you eat your words, dummy.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Kazenji
They're (The Russo Brother's) are also planning to re-title these two movies

how about Avengers: Infinity War: The Coming of Warlock and Avengers: Infinity War: The Infinity Gauntlet

carthage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDK5kG0n_rc

Mindset
I got the feeling Vision was holding back in CW. Well yea, he barely attacked anyone.

BruceSkywalker
I got the feeling Vision was holding back in CW.

he is/was in love with Wanda, IMO

Darth Thor
he is/was in love with Wanda, IMO

Not just against her. He was phasing through Giant-Man but not really doing anything to him. Don't think that was down solel to Giant-Man's durability.

Inhuman
Not just against her. He was phasing through Giant-Man but not really doing anything to him. Don't think that was down solel to Giant-Man's durability.

He was clearly not trying to hurt anyone

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>